• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Witches Game

Hex

Nefarious Gekko
The thread has been created, which you can find here: Detailed - Witches Game | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

So, I've been playing with this idea based of two of my old RP's. From the get-go, I suspect there will be a lot of combat involved. My plan was to maybe utilize the dice-rolling system to maybe help decide a winner, but I honestly wouldn't know how to put it to use during RP. So, if anyone's got ideas on that, I'd love to hear it. Anyway! Onto the premise of my idea.

The Witches Game Between Witches, being the best is everything. Power is the name of the game, the Witches Game. A bloody, and violent battle between Sisters. The Witches Game was started by one of the Gods of the realm. All Witches and Magic-Users pay tribute to the Goddess Belial, for she is the one who governs the life-blood of Magic, the aural and powerful Mana. To many, the Witches are also referred to as the Daughter's of Belial.

However, Belial is a twisted and perverse God. Finding herself bored and idle, she looked down to the earth. Belial found one of her daughters praying to her. This Witch prayed to Belial, pleading for the power to usurp her Sister. Struck with a brilliant idea, Belial appeared to this Witch with a message.

"Seek out your Sisters, dear child," Belial spoke, "Defeat them in battle, and prove your worth to me. Only after killing your fellow Sisters, may you devour their soul and inherit their power." And as Belial continued to explain, the Witch listened in both amazement and horror. The idea of devouring her Sisters souls was unimaginable. But Belial wasn't done. "And when you have devoured the last soul, I will return to you. I will grant you the ultimate power, Godhood."

And so the Witches Game was created. Word of Belial's cruel game soon spread, and the Witches turned on one another. Many Coven's were dismantled, and Sisterhood's torn asunder. The Witches sought ultimate power, Belial's promise of attaining Godhood.

But this Game has caused more trouble for the Humans of the realm. When Witches battle, anything standing in their way is destroyed. Countless lives have been lost, and whole villages have been reduced to nothing more than rubble.

In order to combat the unruly Witches, the King has issued for the creation of Witch Hunter's. Skilled warriors who specialize in dealing with the magic and power of Witches. Though the job is extremely dangerous, and these Hunter's aren't afraid to charge outrageous fees for their services.

Time is running thin. As the Witches numbers decline, only the most powerful Witches remain. And with the death of another Witch, another step they come to becoming the most powerful being in all the land. The Humans are terrified of what might become of the realm if a Witch were to possess Belial's power. Desperate, they hire Witch Hunter's to exterminate them.

And as the Witches battle on, feuding for the ultimate power, another entity stirs. A presence unseen by this world, a dark force that continues to grow in power.

The fight has begun, and the race to becoming Belial is burning fiercely.

The Witches Game.

So I've got this basic idea laid out. I'm thinking a fantasy/medieval setting (if the whole King part didn't give that away). I'm hoping to flesh out the details soon, but first I'd like to find out if there is even interest in this concept. So feel free to post thoughts/concerns/whatever below.

~ Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, question. Can we pick whether to be a witch/hunter/warlock (if possible). Or are you planning on everyonw being on the same side?

Beowulf said:
Oh, question. Can we pick whether to be a witch/hunter/warlock (if possible). Or are you planning on everyonw being on the same side?
You will definitely be able to choose a side. You can be a Witch/Warlock, and you'll be able to decide if they are actively participating in the Game (or trying to avoid it). My plan was that Witch Hunter's themselves could be Witches/Warlock themselves under the employ of the King (though that might change, I'm still playing around with the idea), the only stipulation being that they would have to hide the fact that they are indeed a Witch from everyone else, so as to not become a target themselves.

And thanks everyone for showing interest. I'm going to have to flesh this out real soon, aren't I? (^.^)

EDIT: Another idea I had, to keep Witches/Warlocks from being too powerful, was to have them limited to a single element/power. Like a Witch that controls flowers/plants, or one that can channel thunder/lightening through a weapon. Something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back