• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Wild - Survival Interest Check

Faceless

The Faceless One
// Before I start, I'd like to thank my spirit animal @Teal_Turtleton for formatting this thread. What a sex machine, am I right? //

image.png

Welcome to The Wild, a survival modern roleplay, in which well, who am I to say? This is the Wild, and I guess I’m here too. That’s right say goodbye to that fourth wall. Anyways, survivor, your job isn't to die. I can't really tell you what to do, since from all appearances I appear to be some form of weird ghost in your brain. But think of it like this, this is the Wild West, and you're the new kid in town, and Mother Nature thinks there's only room enough for one sheriff in town. So, let me give you a leg up friend, cause you're wanted. And the element’s like to put a nice price on the head of those they don't like. Oh yeah, and there are some things you might want to know,m. Right down here.

asphaltic-scratch-rounded-perso.regular.png

As a wayward adventurer in unknown territory, your only resources are those currently in your backpack, or those waiting to be harvested and foraged from the land. You must face human needs on a day to day basis as your options are limited as to drinking and eating. Your stamina will slowly diminish, you will begin to overheat or struggle against hypothermia. Mother Nature is truly against you.

You may find others in the wild, but nobody is to be immediately trusted, as people can steal your inventory whilst you're asleep by campfire, or impale your chest and spit roast your body. You must go to unforgivable lengths to survive and escape from this hellhole, whatever's necessary. Prioritizing yourself over the safety of others is the psychology and mindset perfect for surviving.

Not only will you have to respect your needs and efficiently use resources, but shelter is important and will better your chances of survival in the wild. So do as you must and pray to the Gods, because it gets tough.

When you are roleplaying, you will display your ‘Needs’ bar below every one of your posts, for the GMs to track your progress and find ways to harm you, I guess. The format will be like this:

Hunger: 100%.

Thirst: 100%.

Temperature: Normal.

Sickness: Normal.

Health: 100%.

When the percentages of certain meters drop down to 50%, it will be considered Dangerous, and you will need to start respecting the needs, otherwise your health will begin to drop every so slightly. When one of the percentages reaches 25%, it becomes Highly Dangerous, and you must immediately find resources or your health will begin to drop quickly. If any of the percentages reach 0% before your health does, you are expected to die.

Across the land you may find pre-made shelters, with different loot to collect, journals of past explorers, and other things like that. These are considered rare finds, and will only be found if the roleplayer is wise with their navigation and searching, and if the GM wishes to treat them to something. These rare finds will not be treated as Deus Ex Machinas, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could be very interested in a survival game!

Is this to be more sandbox-like, or do you think there will end up being a plotline to pursue? 

How much character interaction do you think there'll end up being?

Do you want this game to focus more on interaction with the world, or on the character's thoughts and feelings about their situation?

//Slew of questions = done now.

I could be very interested in a survival game!

Is this to be more sandbox-like, or do you think there will end up being a plotline to pursue? 

How much character interaction do you think there'll end up being?

Do you want this game to focus more on interaction with the world, or on the character's thoughts and feelings about their situation?

//Slew of questions = done now.

It will probably be more sandbox but you'll want to get out of the 'zone' really.

The character interaction will be slightly uncommon, if that makes sense, but you'll definitely find some people during the roleplay at some points.

And both. The character will interact with the world AND express their feelings. The survival will torture them mentally and physically, so there will be some character development.

Very excited for The Wild, and the formatting was a breeze. Can't wait to co-GM this mad mama-jamma. Best of luck, oh and @Meredith you spicy little nacho you're here too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back