• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Way You Make Me Feel {Closed}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Jason woke early and got to the law office by seven in te morning. It wasn't as early as he wanted but it was still before his father an that was all he needed right now.

He managed to get a lot of work done on the current case he was working on and as he finished up the paper work he pulled out the book he had bought the day before, smiling a little as he did. By five that night he would go pick up his friend Kyle from the airport. Until then he had work. But that was okay. After reading a few chapter he got back to work. He needed to get as much done as he could now if e was taking the day off tomorrow.

Zy started to work at around 9, by the time she got there she was already annoyed, after this she had class. She only have four hours of dealing with this and then she would be actually where she wanted to be. She turned her phone off and placed it in the glove-box, before getting out of the car and started inside. Work was going to have to be made the best of, until she got to go to class.

By the time Jason could find time to stop and go get something to eat he was beyond relived that he could leave. He scurried past his father's office where some poor intern was being yelled at and made his way to the Starbucks just a few blocks down. Opting to just get a sandwich there and then maybe two or three or maybe even four coffees. Goodness knew the caffeine sounded wonderful.

Zy sighed, looking at her watch she smirked, she had enough time for a white chocolate before class. It took her a little time before she reached the Starbucks, and took her phone out of the glove-box. She turned it on and saw the two messages from Zo, telling her to meet her before class. Zy smiled, looking at her watch, she still had time. She would see Zo in class either way, so she got out of her car and started towards the door. She looked down at the message from Dylan about her uncle being in late. Zy sighed as she opened the door, before putting her phone away.

Jason turned from the counter with some food and his first coffee in hand but he stopped short when he almost ran into the person behind him. "Sorry." He mutters and then stops ahain when he realized he recognized the person behind him. "Zy?" He asks, suprised.

Zy looked up at him, "Jason." she smiled, "Sorry, I wasn't pay attention, happens to me a lot." she told him. "On break from work?" she asked curious, but it was obvious that he wasn't. She didn't like it, but she had already done it all day, it was a hard habit to stop sometimes.

"The fault's all mine. But yes, I am taking a break from work." He hesitated a moment. "You are welcome to join me if you like, unless of course you're on a time schedule." He adds after a moment. He didn't know if it would be awkward but he also knew it was polite to at least ask. And he didn't think he would mind the company.

Zy smiled, "I have a little while before I have to meet Zo before class." she told him, "Wasn't your friend stopping in today, from Kenya?' she asked curiously, going around him to order her white chocolate and smiled back at him, "Or was he coming in later?"

"I go to the airport at five this evening to pick him up." He says. Pausing while she ordered her drink and waiting until she was done. "Are you still up to meeting with him and meeting some of my friends tomorrow?" He asks her.

Zy smiled, "Yeah. It might be silly but I think this is the first time I would actually hang out with someone other then a teacher, guest speaker or Zo and Dylan." she admitted, it was just the way that her family was. People knew the name but they didn't really know the family, even her uncle only showed up in town for work and grocery shopping. Other then that, there wasn't really anything Zy could recall of her uncle or family that pointed to active social people, "I think it will be fun."

Jason smiled. "Good. I have to warn you though, he may not be quite What you're expecting. He grew up here in America, but he goes back to Kenya every other year to visit with the family he still has there." He grins a little again. "Anyway, he'll tell you all about it himself tomorrow." When she got her drink he walked with her over to a table. He liked how easy the conversation was so far.

Zy smiled, "I'm excited to hear about it. I rather understand it from someone that has been from both ends. I honestly want to know about the history from his point of view." she smiled.

He smiles. "Yeah, he has some great stories." He agrees. He drank from his coffee and sighed a little. It tasted heavenly. "So did you have work today as well or just classes? Can I ask what kinds of classes you have today?" He was genuinely curious and he was still seriously considering sitting in on a few if the classes. They sounded very interesting.

"Mostly Psychology classes, but right now, I'm taking Guitar and Calligraphy." Zy explained, "Today I have Calligraphy after a few Psychology classes, but yeah. I just got off work actually. I generally only work 4 hours a week. With my studies, my uncle doesn't want me working at all, but i don't really want to live off my uncle, so we came to a compromise."

"A good compromise. Calligraphy sounds interesting." He rested his chin on his hand, his elbows propped in the table. "So psychology is what you are most interested in and would like to make a living of? Everything else is just knowing for knowledge's sake? Or hobby?" He clarifies some.

"Field Psychology is my main study, everything else is to add to it and understand everything I can. So I guess it would be for knowledge sake." she stated, before looking at her watch, she smiled at him, "What about you? Medical school is probably one of the hardest schools to get through, but you don't seem to be a slacker. Did you really not like it that much?"

He hesitated a moment. "No I actually quite enjoyed it. I enjoy helping people and having a chance to understand people from all walks of life. Um, there were complications and I had to leave in my fifth year." He says with a smile. He felt like of all people she may understand his side of things, but this was only the second time he had met her and he didn't think it was a conversation for a second meeting. "Anyway, I suppose it opened up time for other things." He says with a slight shrug.

"Like Archaeology and anthropology." Zy chuckled, before hearing her phone, "Sorry." she said, as she took her phone out. Zo was calling, Zy sighed, "I have to go." she said, ignoring the call, as she got to her feet. Just as she did she sighed again as her phone started ringing again, "I'm excited to meet your friend, maybe we can talk more tomorrow." she stated, "I'm really sorry, thanks for the talk." she told him before reaching out of the Starbucks to get to her car.

When she got up he also got to his feet, not sitting back down until she had started to leave. He smiled a little and then sat back down. He had enjoyed that, even if it was only a small talk. He finished his lunch and stayed for a while. He pulled out his lap top and worked on another case for a time, ordering another coffee and then another. He ordered a fourth to go and went back to the office on what felt like a caffeine high. It worked for him though.

Zy sighed, "Not answering, is not cool." Zo protested as Zy reached towards her.

Zy took a few breaths, "Sorry, I was talking to Jason and then I was in the car, so I turned my phone off."

Zo sighed with annoyance, "Really Zy, what is with you and phone safety. I swear, you might as well leave your phone at him." Zo sighed again then stopped looking at Zy surprised, "Wait, did you say that you were talking to Jason? The guy from last night?"

"Yeah." Zy said, as the started walking, "I bumped into him at Starbucks." she said, showing her cup.

Zo smirked, "Well, I guess it's good you didn't answer then." Zy looked at her confused but she wasn't going to question it.

Jason was relieved as the time came for him to leave and go pick up Kyle. He had his hand on the handle though when his father stopped him.

"Where do you think you're going so early in the evening?" The cold, clipped, sophisticated voice that belonged to his father sounded behind him. Jason stopped and then turned to face him.

"I'm picking up Kyle from the airport. Remember I told you that four days ago." He answers.

"You still have work to do Jason. I do not want you slacking in your duties. You can barely do what you're supposed to anyway." He says coldly. Jason just rolled his eyes, not seing what kind of attitude he gave.

"I finished the case work for today and tomorrow and in case you care I did two others as well. I'm not coming in tomorrow, I told you that too like a week ago. I sent all the completed case files to you. If you don't like them, find somebody more competent." He says, his tone equally as cold as his father's before he turned and left to go pick Kyle up.

Zy sighed, as Zo started to talk after class, "So, did you talk to Dyl?"

"No, why?" Zy asked.

"Is is coming back, apparently she is going to be staying with him, while the parents are away." Zo grinned, "She won't be here until Friday, but we should probably check in on Dyl, before she stops in."

Zy smiled, "I completely agree." Zy chuckled, as she started towards her next class, parting ways from her.

Jason met Kyle at the airport. He smiled broadly as his friend came out and headed towards his car with multiple bags with him.

"Jason! Hey man," he says with a big grin. Jason coulnt help smiling in return.

"Hey. How's the family?"

"They're doing great. When I become a doctor I'll be able to send a lot more money toh en and the village. It's really grown you known."

"I'm glad to hear that. I hope you sent them my love?" Jason asks. Kyle laughs.

"Always. Now come on I'm starving and exhausted." Kyle says. Jason laughs and helps to load his stuff in the back of his car. Thenh e two friends drive off to find somewhere to eat.

Zy finished class early so she sat in her car for a moment, turning her phone on. She sighed, closing her eyes as she leaned back. She wanted to just go to sleep, after work and the caffeine she was feeling tired. She turned her phone off and let it seat on her passenger seat as she drove out of the parking lot. She drove home and hoped that her uncle was at home, but Dylan had already said that he wouldn't be, which was fine. When she got home, she just started towards the house, without taking her phone. she just wanted to get to bed.

The next morning Jason allowed himself to sleep in. He first called Logan, Kyle, and Abigail to make sure they were all still meeting. When it was confirmed he then dialed the number that was Dylan's to let him know the time and place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back