• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Way You Make Me Feel {Closed}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Jason nodded taking in all of their answers, but at Zy's he smirked a little. "I meant college," he says first, pointing a toothpick at her that he had just picked up. "And yes, Ezra is my older brother." He says with a slight smile. Sounded like she had met him, curious. Or in the very least she had read some of his books, a plus he supposed.

Zy smirked, "Brilliant man, well traveled." she thought of the conversation she had with me and smiled, "I still haven't read his recent book, but he's a really interesting person to talk to." Zy leaned her arms on the table and leaned against them, "Why do you work for your father? People in town say he is a good attorney but he's very rough around the edges and inbetweeen. You don't look like the kind of person that is really good with that kind of person."

"Zy." Dylan stated with warning in his voice.

Zy looked at him, "I'm just curious. Aarons and Co. is one of the largest Firms in this town and the owner isn't someone that plays nice with others. I would think his employees wouldn't either, normally to be able to stand and understand him. I already meet one son and he is nothing like the father and now here is the second and he looks more like he fits with his brother then his father. I'm curious why would work for someone he is nothing like?" Zy turned back to Jason, "And for your question, it's my 4th year, I take a lot of electives."

Jason smirked again. "It's alright," he says to Dylan though there was some thanks in his tone. "For unfair reasons I could not finish medical school and after that my father requested I work for him. We are not on good terms and he is rough. I figured too it was a good way to learn, I am interested in law among other things and this opened an opportunity and a good paying job until I can figure out everything else." He explains. He was not going to go into any details, especially not with having just met this girl.

Zy smiled, leaning back, "It's a pain when you don't know what to do and even more when you don't know how you are going to figure things out." she explained Zo just grinned as the waiter brought their drinks and turned to Jason to ask him what he wanted to eat. Afterwards, Zy bit her lip, looking away briefly, then back at Jason, "Maybe you should seat in, in a few classes, might help you think of what you really have a passion for." she suggested.

After Jason ordered his food and a glass of water to go with it, he turned his attention to Zy. "Perhaps. The biggest issue would be finding time to come in. Say I could only come in on one or two, are there any you would highly recommend?" He asks her, leaning his elbows on the table and leaning forward ever so slightly, looking at her curiously.

Zy thought for a moment, "Dr. Ross is good, he teacher's Art History, there are three Archaeology classes at night, I'm going to be seating in the 8 o'clock class on Wednesday, if you want I can let you know how that goes. There is the Foreign Language department, but they stop classes at 7 o'clock, Japanese is interesting though. There are four history classes after 7, two with Dr, Simone and one with Mr. Richmond and Dr. Cellar, both are very easy to follow, but I recommend catching the 6 a.m. class of Anthropology, Dr. Kwin brings in fresh samples every day, for lab, but they can get pretty unfavorable after the first two classes, she teaches until 2, usually. It you are into Law I actually have nothing in mind, I took an Ethics class freshman year, but that is as close to Law as I have ever gotten."

"I am much more interested in archeology and anthropology, I have my brother to thank for that." he says with a slight smile. He liked where this conversation was going so far but he also felt a little bad that the other two were kind of being left out. "I think that 6 am with Dr. Kwin sounds pretty interesting and maybe I'll try to sit in on one of the evening archeology classes. Those I amy be more likely to be able to make with my work schedual." he says, not that he really cared about what his father thought if he didn't show up, but he also had to be a little careful. "Are you sitting in on this wednesday's class?" that was one he probably could make and he was seriously considering it.

Zy smirked, "Yeah. The lecture should be interesting, my Anthropology teacher recommended that I take it." she informed him.

Zo smirked, "See, I told you it would be interesting." Zo told Jason.

Dylan chuckled, "I'm interested." he stated, before the food came out, "Keep going, I haven't see Zy this talkative since..."Dylan stopped himself, "Well, it's been a little while." he stated. He didn't think bring up the ex was a good idea, not that he thought they were flirting, but because it just didn't seem like a good idea.

Jason glanced first to the food and then to Dylan and then to Zy. "I see." He mutters quietly. He then smiled brightly. "Well then, this food looks wonderful." He takes a bite, delighted that it did actually taste good. "So tell me Zy, do you have a favorite culture that you focus more of your studies on? Or civilization perhaps?" He asks. He had gotten the general idea on where Dylan had been going with his comment and while it made him curious, he would not pry. It wasn't like he and his own girlfriend weren't having their issues and he knew every couple did, or they broke up. For now though he wanted to stay friendly, all three of them, but especially Zy seemed like people he could be good friends with.

Zy looked at Jason, "Pompeii. There are so many things that we can learn from that city." Zy stated, "It's a common subject but common subjects are over looked." she smiled, as she stopped eating, "Do you know that the positioning of how they died, the way everything was laid out, estimating the panic and damage, the volcano preserved all the information that could lead to understand Greek life so much more then just weapons and armor. They could help us understand everything, including how they thought and worked and loved. How they were with their kids, their parents, their spouse's. Everything to understand Grace at that time and even changes that came just before even, we could learn from that one city, thanks to Nature's temper tantrum. Not to mention events that happened before and after, holidays and so much more, combining information from that one city with everything we already know."

"Oh, boy." Dylan sighed, as he continued eating.

Zo chuckled, "patting Zy's back, "Why don't you eat, before he over do yourself and crock over and die from excitement, Zy."

Jason smiled at Zo and Dylan and then looked back to Zy. "You know so much about Pompeii, have you also looked at some of the other cities also destroyed by Mount Vesuvius? I personally find Herculaneum to be just as fascinating as Pompeii. Many of the artifacts there that were preserved though were wooden and other organic based things like beds and roofs and food. There were also bodies found even though that city in particular people had thought to be evacuated. Of course now it can be seen in much the way of how it used to be. As morbid as a topic as it is I think any city hit by a disaster in very interesting. There is so much history that can be learned from it all." he says. Ezra was the only other one he could have talks like this with and he found himself growing a little more excited about how this talk was going.

Zy smirked, "Mons Vesuvius. She has erupted enough times to be a historical monument creator. She is a volcano that can still your heat away," Zy smiled, thinking of all the history behind it, she leaned back and let her head go back as she thought fondly of it, "The simple fact is, that volcano is an archaeology treasure."

Jason smirked. "It is exactly that, between Pmopeii, Stabiae, Oplontis, Boscoreale, and Herculaneum, plus who knows how many others, there is still so much to be learned and discovered. Though there are so many other places too that are of interest. Many African countries for example are so full of history, My personal favorite is ancient Egypt, even if that is one of the more popular ones, but all over Africa there are so many others too, I know those are some of my brother's favorites too." he says. He paused for a moment to actually eat some of his food.

zy chuckled, "Your brother and I actually went through the whole mummification possess..."

"Oh, no you don't." Dylan warned, "I would like to keep my food." he stated.

Zo smiled, "Yeah, last time you mentioned that whole thing, with the organs, the brain, the tools the jars. I personally would rather that conversation be left to the two of you alone." she chuckled.

Zy looked at them for a moment, before she pouted and started to eat, "I don't see the big deal, especially since you already heard it." She sighed, continuing to eat, then thought of something and turning back to Jason, "What do you think about the maze of Pyramids?"

Jason laughed a little at their reactions, he personally found the mummification process to be very interesting. At her question though he couldn't help smiling. "I think it's fascinating. So complex and interesting and so much we can learn from them." he says, smiling a little more. So far it seemed this meeting was anything but a failure. It was going well and he was enjoying the conversation. "Have you also heard of the Egyptian Labrynth? According to the only two ancient historians who saw it with their own eyes, the Egyptian Labyrinth was more impressive than the Pyramids at Giza. Unfortunately archaeologists have found the site it once was, but nothing of it is said to remain today."

Zy smiled, "I think the same thing. I honestly thing going there would be a good way to understand them. That's why I'm going to take Dr. Mare's class. He takes his class to lecture in Africa for two week, when they study the Egyptian culture. He gets a large stipend for it, anything new found on site goes to the government, but to be able to find something, it has to be the best feeling ever."

Jason's curiosity was suddenly captured in full. "Really? That sounds like it would be an amazing opportunity. Maybe I would have to look into this Dr. Mare's class if that is the case. While my brother has been all over the place I have had very little opportunity to travel with him." He says. He was seriously interested and figured he may look into the class some and think about actually taking the class.

Zy smiled, "You should. Always good to travel, my family took me to Paris once. They were very upset about it, but I thought it was great." she said, innocently still not knowing what the problem was.

Dylan chuckled, "I remember that, your brother said if he wanted a class field trip, he would have paid for the whole class to go."

Zo smiled, "Zyana's older brother Nick is a teacher in San Diego, family vacations are usually the only times Zy can spend days with her family but they always come back with groans from their history lessons." Zo chuckled.

"I don't give history lessons, I just thought it would be good for them to know a little about the places we go." Zy protested.

Jason chuckled. He luckily never had that problem, but he would not say that outloud. "Well, then going with a class will be good, then everyone would be interested in the same things." he suggests instead. He was curious now about her family, but he didn't think first meeting was the time to talk about it. He had met her uncle before, and he knew about him, but he was noticing her family was just now being brought up in the conversation. "You know tomorrow evening I have a friend coming back from Kenya, the next day I am going to be meeting with him. Maybe at some point you can too, his whole family is from Kenya and I am sure you would be interested in many of his stories." he says with a smile. That menat nothing right? Just a nice meeting between people with similar interests.

Zo smiled, "Zy doesn't do well meeting new people with people she doesn't already know."

Zy smirked shyly, "Zo's right, I really talk much with people I don't know."

Zo smiled, "So, I guess that means, you have to invite us both." she teased.

Dylan smiled, "You don't really." He told Jason, "Chances are Zo will run into Zy and invite herself along." he sighed, "So, yeah, Zy will be there."

Jason chuckled. "You can all come if you want, chances are my regular group are all going to be there, but they're pretty good with new people. So all of you are welcomed to come if you want." he says. He would just explain it to his friends, and he knew they wouldn't care at all. They all enjoyed meeting people and making new friends or acquaintances. "Zo you're a part time deputy sheriff right? I'm afriad one of them you have a high chance of recognizing." he teases a little. He thought all of them could get along well, even if his friends were all older, except for one, but still.

Zo looked at Jason curiously, before she laughed, "Oh, trust me, there is no criminal I couldn't meet even if I wasn't a deputy."

Dylan chuckled, "Zo comes from a family of law makers and breakers, even law traitors."

"That hasn't been proven." Zo snapped.

Zy giggled, before looking at Jason, "Zo's family live on both side of the law, so I wouldn't worry about her recognizing you friend. Half her family might recognize him one way or another."

Jason smiled but he was curious. "Well he's most known for the street racing." He says, everyone knew it happened, where is what they didn't know. So he didn't mind saying that. "Anyway, I'll get in touch with you all again when I know more, if you all are interested." He says. "Of course, that does mean I'll need you number." He adds, making it seem as though he were hitting on Zy, making it totally obvious that he was teasing, as he asked for her number, or Zo's or Dylan's. Just some way to get in touch with one of them.

Dylan smirked, "Ok." He took hiss phone out and handed his phone to Jason, "Call your phone and we'll both have each other's numbers."

Zo nodded, "Yeah, my phone is good at dying, so getting a hold of me is iffy at best." She stated.

Dylan chuckled, "Yeah, if nothing else I always know where to find these two."

Jason smiled and took Dylan's phone and dialing his own. When he finished he put his name with his number and then put Dylan's name in his phone. "There you go. I'll try and stay in touch." He says with a satisfied smile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back