• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Wallflower Agency - A Paranormal Investigation RP

Euclid Leaf

Metamorphasis, Genesis, Metastasis
Supporter

--.The Wallflower Agency.--

Link to OOC - Fantasy - Wallfower Agency - OOC

If you are hearing this tape recording, that means a few things. You must have checked your mail, finally. Not a habitual creature, are we? Don't worry. I'm quite forgetful at times as well. I'm sure you're curious as to why you're listening to an analog tape-player in the current year. These obsolete systems can prove to be rather inconvenient and inefficient, but I'm afraid it's the only way to maintain scrutiny in times like these. Anyway, within the package are a series of paper documents. Yeah, within that bundle. Don't mind the presentation. Again, it's for our safety. Read them at your leisure. For the most part, it is common knowledge in our select community. I implore you to cross-reference with official published articles online. This should convince you. Not everything is as it seems.

Ah, where are my manners? I am Jessie Wallflower, owner of a small investigation office downtown.

You have been identified for your... unique qualities, so we are extending an invitation for you to come under partnership. We are the Wallflower Agency.
Being as individuals with your qualifications are in very short demand, for all intents and purposes, consider this a job offer. Sure, we can pay in plain money. And pay well. But we have more to offer than mere mundane rewards. There are no shortage of problems we can't fix.

It is something we have come to be known for.

I'm sure you're wondering what it is I'm referring to... However, that information remains highly privileged. I can't disclose anything regarding our business to non-employees or anyone outside of trusted affiliates. We will need a face-to-face to issue, sign, and finalize any sort of contract. A measure of security. Oh, but don't fret. It is a public venue, so you shouldn't worry about any nefarious intent. At least, not from us. There are no shortage of those already, I'm afraid. But this isn't anything out of the ordinary, for you. Is it? I'm sure bizarre encounters are an ordinary aspect of your everyday life.

I shall speak candidly. There is something odd about you. Truly odd. As if some aspect of you doesn't align with reality.
I'm sure you've felt it. Give it some thought.

Certainly, some coincidence in your life keeps reoccurring. An air of misfortune, perhaps?

To a majority of people it might seem like a series of accidents. Even you might have convinced yourself as much. But the truth is, some people are born with certain exceptionalism. Though what I mean doesn't constitute some form of talent, or any physical differences. If people are like books, and our world a vast library, then these are misprints.

Lines in their pages contradicts with how a person should react with reality. Certain logic simply peels away when presented to them. Some only experience minor, inconvenient quandaries. Others, not so fortunate. Allow me to put it into perspective. Some people have an air about them. Accidents follow them like a loyal dog. When they are present, things just seem to always go awry. A paper trail of colorful oddities. You just need to know where to look. People slipping on water that wasn't there a moment ago. Untouched objects tumbling over at the dead of night. The shadows turn a shade darker when they are around. Why do some animals love certain people, yet despise and attack others? Constant flat tires, glitches on the television, or some other inexplicable error. The list goes on. Some might say these occurrences are 'purely circumstantial', mere bad luck. After all, that is the typical dismissive response.

But the constant is the key. It is borderline predictable.
Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

The human mind over compensates when it faces uncertainty, rationalizing just about any strange occurrence to fit a specific worldview. When we cannot understand, we often say it was out of our control. We find blame elsewhere. The unpredictable agents of chance and chaos. Or a force beyond our grasp. An intangible devil at play. I assure you, there are no coincidences in our world. Statistical improbabilities, at their worst.

...There is a link to all of it.

But it would seem our short seminar is over. I cannot tell you more until you show up. The choice is yours. Sleep well.
And try to avoid any phone calls in the following days. A side effect.

[Any attempts to replay the tape recorder has the characteristic crackling buzz, as if playing an empty tape. And true to their word, bringing a phone anywhere near your head causes an insufferable ringing in your ears. This would last a few days. Furthermore, the files contained within the unmarked box are wrapped in a dry, musky leather wrap that is tied together by copper wire. When you bring out the files, each adorn a strange symbol. A circle stamped with ink, bearing an elliptical spiral. A black sun.]

File_023 'London Rain'
December 13, 20xx

This is perhaps the most public record of interference with -redacted-.

In the middle of downtown London, a single raindrop began to fall on the street outside a local family mart. Not particularly odd considering it was England. Rainfall was practically an everyday ritual for the waterlogged country. But that day held a record breaking heat wave. Not a single raincloud was in sight. The phenomena was captured on camera by a pedestrian, and spread across social media before counterintelligence was able to intercept. It was dismissed as a malfunction from a sprinkler, and social media hoax. Shortly, in the following hour, a fleet of trucks began to roll in, shutting down nearby business, claiming a hazard has been detected in the area. For the next week, an active convoy occupied the road, which had been 'blocked off due to construction work'.

We have recovered direct footage of the research camera used to record the event. But the digital watermark has been tampered with. It would appear whoever was behind this wanted to erase their involvement. Maybe a disagreement between the two organizations.

From what we can observe, for 63 hours straight, a single drop of water forms at regular intervals. Out of thin air. It wobbles in the characteristic manner of how water accumulates and drips from a leaky facet. Over the span of the lengthy recording, the water slowly creates a puddle on the street over the next three days. On the aforementioned hour, abrupt and unprompted, the water merely stopped. Crews remained in the area for a few days following, observing the pool of water, and performing various testing before they finally packed up and cleared the street.

No conclusive conclusions could be made, thus the investigation was ceased and stored in archive.

File_031 'Missing Number'
February 29, 20xx

As midnight came to an end in the city of Shanghai, digital clocks on phones, displays, and other devices showed something rather unusual. Instead of looping to the expected first hour of the new day, the clocks turned to a mysterious 25th, or rather thirteenth hour. Time ticked forward for five minutes and 13 seconds, into this strange hour. AT which point, they corrected themselves. Observers who noticed were quick to record and report self-published videos onto the internet. It was a short-lived phenomena that spread through social media and local news over the passing hours of twilight. By the early morning of the next day, collectively, clock and cell phone manufacturers gave a public statement, claiming their products experienced a glitch in their internal systems. That it was all merely a programming oversight.

Simultaneously, 23 missing-persons reports were made the following morning. Images depicting these people are commented to have oddly stretched shadows.

There have been attempts to ban this imagery by the Chinese government over the follow months. Large shutdowns of torrent networks hosting the files, and even house arrests for several rebellious file-holders. Some of these have ended violently. The only sources for such imagery can only be found on select hard-drives. One of which we have stored in the archives here in the -redacted-.

Further internal investigation by our team has been inhibited by -redacted-.

File_108 'Festival in Salvador'
August 31, 19XX

This is a file compiled of various interviews with witnesses in neighboring districts.

Several people in a small hotel in Salvador began to experience a shared hysteria that climaxed in a violent exchange. Apparently, based on daily photographs taken by a couple on their vacation at the hotel, the Moon appeared superimposed when visible. From what we can tell, there are no clear artifacts of digital manipulation. As was if the Moon were splitting in two. Like a cell undergoing Meiosis. As it neared the penultimate day, the Moon almost looked like it had become two separate entities. Nowhere else in the world did they experience any visual change in the lunar body. Nor were there any eye witnesses that remarked a change in the moon over Salvador. It was a phenomena only caught on camera. Regardless, of the visual anomaly, the days leading up, the hotel staff had been noted to exhibit strange behavior by the locals and guests.

They would begin to be more outgoing and displayed signs of open affection. Markedly, they shared flowers found nowhere else on the continent.

There was to be a grand party arranged by the hotel, a beautiful festival with everyone in the local town welcome to join. It was almost infectious, the air of celebration and joy that the hotel inhabitants exuded. On that night, as hundreds from the nearby townships arrived, several of the hotel staff members broke into a frenzy, violently attacking everything in sight. The vicious brawl eventually formed to a riot that spilled into the surrounding city. They describe a shrill howl as they the hotel staff rampaged. What strikes this event as particularly odd was that the police weren't enough to contain the outbreak. The armed forces quickly arrived in response. The riot lasted three hours before the crazed guests were shot dead, and the hotel pummeled to smithereens by indirect fire.

A fleet of hearses were seen driving into and out of the containment zone.

There are to be no photographs of their bodies, and any attempts to leak tapes of the scenes of carnage were met with fierce, brutal force by armed personnel. An issue released the following day by the government of Brazil state that they merely succumbed to a strange breed of 'rabies'.

We have not been able to personally analyze the scenes and evidence, but this case shares a remarkable similarity to the events of Files_053 and _044.

Last edited:
Hm! Interested. What kind of characters are you looking for? Basic plot with the cases, I assume?

Hm! Interested. What kind of characters are you looking for? Basic plot with the cases, I assume?

As for characters, is there something you had in mind? I left room for the possibility for a wide range of personalities and backgrounds. Just an air of uncanniness is required. Maybe a constant bad luck streak.

I do all of my art and logos myself, so it may take some time to get a proper cover. Over the next day, I will release more specifics on certain fields for character generation. There will be some light supernatural elements in play, but highly conditional.

Can I do someone with supernaturally good and bad luck? Like every time something good happens to them, something horrific happens soon thereafter (and vice versa)?

Can I do someone with supernaturally good and bad luck? Like every time something good happens to them, something horrific happens soon thereafter (and vice versa)?

Everyone will have a certain condition to their supernatural gift, a touch of reality about them that has gone awry. Usually, this is a very subtle thing. But it has to be highly specific.

It can often be disregarded as 'bad luck.'

It largely varies on the individual. In some cases, for example, someone afflicted by the paranormal, gain a sort of 'allergic reaction'. A rejection of reality. An aura that affects the flow of natural logic. When they touch water, it turns slightly hotter. Others, when they whistle, birds begin to follow. Maybe it exists as a more 'negative' element, such as short circuiting the outlet every time they plug anything in. Things like that. So you can be creative with it.

Last edited:
Interest has been given!

Might be because that small bit at the bottom threw me off, but are the contract profiles for NPC's or our actual characters? My apologies if I'm being a bit slow.

Might be because that small bit at the bottom threw me off, but are the contract profiles for NPC's or our actual characters? My apologies if I'm being a bit slow.
Oh no, sorry for any misunderstandings!

The second post are for NPCs, so characters that are controlled by me. There are many, from various organizations and groups, so I will keep them in tabs, so it is easier to navigate. All the player applications will go below that.

Oh no, sorry for any misunderstandings!

The second post are for NPCs, so characters that are controlled by me. All the player applications will go below that.
Ohh, thanks for clearing that up. Is it cool if I begin to make mine now?

I was actually involved in a similar roleplay on another site where I made a character named Fukina.
How do you intend to make this work? Separate roleplays for each investigation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back