• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern THE WALKING DEAD - Our Broken World [OOC - Open]

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Zenterfold

⚆ _ ⚆
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
zSrdln2.png

In a world ravaged by the dead, the worst of humanity comes alive. Society has collapsed and our world is broken beyond repair. The living must survive any way that they can, pushing their morals to the very edge. The dead only know how to feed, but the living? The living know how to hunt.

The Walking Dead is a comic, television, and video game series that generally focus on groups of survivors living in the “zombie apocalypse,” a setting where the living members of humanity are outnumbered by the undead. The society of old has collapsed and what remains of humanity fight to make the most of what remains. This RP will have little to do with the stories or the characters of the established franchise and more to do with the use of the specific rules of that universe, such as that all of those who die without an injury to their brain reanimate no matter what and that the use of the word “zombie” is largely nonexistent.

The outbreak will have started on September 20th, 2014. The outbreak will have been going on for 18 months, so the RP takes place March, 2016.

The initial setting for the roleplay will be set in Fort Wayne, Indiana. A community has sprouted up and secured itself for about the last eleven months. The community, named “Faith” after the Presbyterian church it’s situated around, is run by a male/female couple and houses about 40-50 people.

Faith takes up this square block, with walls built up and around the parking lot edges. The front gate is located on the North side. Here is where the area is located (the red dot). Though RP locations will be based off a real-life locations, liberties will be taken as needed. Apologies to anyone who lives in these places.

Faith has a security office beside the front gate that used to be an attorney's office. Derek Cazares is head of security and lives in this building. The northeast corner building used to be a YMCA but now houses supplies and equipment, as well as a few sleeping spaces. Ben Morita is in charge of supplies. The southeast corner is where rows of planters have been set up for crops. Elyse Hubbard is in charge of the crops. On the south edge is a building that used to be a theater and a preschool but now is where the bulk of the community sleeps. Beside it is the church, where a greenhouse where flowers are grown can be found. The altar used to be a space where community members communally slept but has since been cleaned up. Craig Hanlon is a young priest who occasionally runs services here.

Dean Barlow is in charge building and maintenance. He had the biggest role in the construction of Faith's walls.

Early Game Plot/Lore

The citizens of Faith have not seen a living person in the immediate area for about a month despite the fact they have been relaying radio messages for some time now. Even more concerning is the fact that the supply caches they have set up in areas nearby have been recently mysteriously ransacked on a few occasions. These caches are meant to be temporary housing during times of heavy walker rotation and now those who leave Faith's walls don't feel safe using them.

A bus full of survivors driven by a woman named Sarah Ziegler is about to arrive at Faith in the hopes of joining the community, though understandably some of the citizens are concerned about who these people might really be...

Fort Wayne has experienced a rather heavy mass exodus in the early days as rumors circulated that the Canadian border on the edge of Michigan had suddenly been left unattended and unguarded. Armed with the belief that walkers can't survive the cold, thousands of people left but never returned.

In addition, the city of Indianapolis has gone up in flames in the early days and many of the surrounding towns/cities are unlivable. They are filled with the dead.

Last edited:
Considerations
  • Be realistic with your character's skills and their weapons. It’s pretty uncommon for anyone to be running around cutting up zombies like they’re some kind of assassin.
  • Please avoid making characters with military backgrounds. There tends to just be too many of these kinds of characters in these types of RPs. It's best that you plan on your character having just been a regular person before the apocalypse hit. Stray from creating characters that have a particularly firearms-related background (Like someone who grew up hunting and is a skilled marksman).
  • In terms of character's weaponry and skill with that weaponry, while it the setting is deep enough into the apocalypse for most still surviving to have gained some fighting experience, not everyone has to be a zombie killing badass or be loaded up with powerful guns.
  • NPCs are characters that exist for world flavor and are not considered player characters. NPCs can vary in relevancy and importance and may be created by players as needed. As of right now, I'm allowing any NPC that exists to be used by anyone as needed, not just myself. However, I would ask that they don't be used significantly, involve anything major unless discussed beforehand, or be used in a manner that is inconsistent with their personality up to that point. The line between important NPCs and my own characters might blur at times so I will lock out certain NPCs from use as needed.
  • Characters do not have to start as members of Faith. They can be a part of the initial bus that comes into Faith when the RP starts or even just be someone in the area. This means your character does not have to immediately meet up with the other player characters or join Faith, but do plan for them to get involved eventually. There are no plans to extend the scope of the RPs initial setting for now.
  • You can have as many characters as you can handle. If you can't post for a while, let me know so I can move around your character. If you do not post in the IC or OOC or message me for a significant amount of time, then your character will be made an NPC and likely become a walker/corpse.
  • Killing of characters must be agreed upon, even NPCs. However, people will die. It's a zombie survival RP. While your character will never be killed off without your consent, no one is likely to survive forever in zombie fiction. Just keep that idea in mind when making your sheet.
  • All ideas are welcome! If you have any ideas for major plot-related ideas, characters. locations, etc. then PM me about it.

Do you have any plot points that will happen? It's easier to formulate a character knowing some events in advance.

Do you have any plot points that will happen? It's easier to formulate a character knowing some events in advance.
What kind of events would help you out? In an attempt to be vague and not spill everything, generally the plan is for members of the community to start getting paranoid about the missing supplies and lack of human presence in the area lately.

I'm also open to whatever comes up via character interactions.
Will a Discord be made eventually?
It's not planned but I may if enough people want one.

What kind of events would help you out? In an attempt to be vague and not spill everything, generally the plan is for members of the community to start getting paranoid about the missing supplies and lack of human presence in the area lately.

I'm also open to whatever comes up via character interactions.

It's not planned but I may if enough people want one.
I could see a discord being useful in the long term, but I agree with your main point. Let's see what happens first before we start planning long term

I should have asked this earlier, but I assume we're allowed to pm each to make plans?

If anyone wants to make plans, let me know

Last edited:
Posted my character sheet!

Andrew North will hopefully be an interesting character.
I can already see my character Binna take interest in your character's arm. Is the arm just like, normally broken? Or is it like " permanently damaged?"

I Agree. All the characters are super cool.

If you haven't made a character yet it's not too late!

I'm working on some NPC info for now, though I wanted to start the IC somewhat soonish. Unfortunately we don't have very many people at the moment, so I'm unsure if I should hold off or if having the IC might entice some others.

Okay y'all, I'm planning to start the RP on either Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how busy tomorrow ends up being for me.

EDIT: Gonna be tomorrow, Wednesday morning (EST)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back