• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Vigilante Code

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Link to RP

This is the story of a group of friends who met up in college. They had a few things in common that transcended their majors. First was the fact that they were humans with extraordinary abilities or skills. Second was their outlook on justice. These friends had discussed justice and how law enforcement often fell short of the monumental task of stopping the worst criminals. They realize the System had become flawed as crime pushed law enforcement agencies beyond their budgets. They felt that criminals should pay heed to the 11th Commandment - Thou shalt not get away with it. They became a sort of club.

However, as much as they discussed the idea, it would take a horrific event to convince them it was necessary to take the law into their own hands.

Membership has limited slots.

I interested in this and I would like to reserve the Magician archetype...but I know I won't be able to create the cs today (studying for a test ) and I'm not positive I'll be able to to finish it tomorrow.

Well, I entered your request over on the Sign Ups. Mainly I am trying to screen out those people who start a CS and never complete it.

Yeah, I hear ya^^

Just wanna let you know that I'm interested. I don't really mind rping the other archetypes either, tho I prefer Magician

hehe ... well, I am one of those RP creators that grew up reading 70's and 80's comics. I "NEVER" roleplay vigilantes, only those four color comic book sorts. This RP is a departure from that standard. In the first adventure the characters are expected to exact justice according to their code. And it is very possible they will have to kill just to survive. Lucius Kincaid crossed the wrong people in prison - really bad seriously wrong people. And they are going to make him suffer before they kill him.

Can I reserve making a Martial Artist Archetype? I'm working on it now.

24 hours. After than, no guarantees. Mainly it is to stop all those people who submit half a CS and never complete it. The slots are limited.

FYI, to you and ALL applicants, there is no reason you can't ALL have characters with at least some self defense training, even training by one another. As a group it would have made sense.

I have two questions:

1) Is it okay to create The Sage Archetype, aka the information seeker?

2) I can write a long, detailed post. My only problem is with grammar and verb thought people would still understand what i'm trying to say

Sage? That isn't one of the archetypes. Your English needs to be strong here.

Well, it would appear that I am about to re-open 3 slots where the members haven't been posting and have held up the RP - effective Monday.

Mentalist

Super Athlete

Martial Artist

Something that may not be clear enough in the Overview, the RP is run with a style much like GM's running old AD&D rpg's. In other words, there is a very distinct plot driven by myself. The NPC's have agendas. Players may alter how the NPC's go about them - even stop them altogether - and in the case of bad guys even try to kill them. Bunnying the NPC's will not be allowed. Neither will the creation of key NPC's in the city such as the DA, Mayor, Police Chief. If you create a character that uses any of these as part of a background, you'll need to PM me.

Law Enforcement and the Military will be semi realistic. In other words, glasses and trying to gargle marbles to make your voice lower will not cut it for concealing your secret ID. Leaving DNA all over crime scenes WILL get you caught. Using the same weapons is likely to get you tagged for multiple crimes. Talking about your vigilante activities in a public area is bound to get you caught. Ignoring the presence of security cameras - well, you deserve to get caught.

Taking reasonable precautions will be enough for me to let things slide. I happen to know enough about forensics to realize how fast most of you would get caught. 99% of you aren’t trained spies, so I don’t expect you to have the sort of knowledge it would really take. That would make for a short RP - and that wouldn’t be fun at all. Call it comic book leniency.

Please remember that these are going to be VIGILANTES. They can’t be totally squeamish. Think in terms of movies like Kick Ass. Bad guys are going to be shooting at your characters. If you want to be idiots and go after armed robbers in spandex, you deserve to get shot.

I love the sound of this! Are you looking for someone to take over one of the existing characters?

Luxii said:
I love the sound of this! Are you looking for someone to take over one of the existing characters?
You may, or you may make one of your own^^

Avalon's char is open--the rper @TheWeirdPhilosopher is currently inactive at the moment, but I don't know they'd be alright with someone using the char they created...

@Mitheral Opinions?

Have to do a new character. The following below is part of the RPnation's rules:

Character Ownership
: Roleplaying games are collaborative ventures. So while a Roleplay Creator owns the content associated with their roleplay (as long as such content is not plagiarized or copyrighted), specific entries (such as a player's characters) submitted to that roleplay are considered the property and ownership of that individual poster by the RpNation Staff.

Making my own would definitely have been the preference, haha! Is there a way to work it out in the RP that suddenly the archetype is a completely different person? I was interested in the martial artist or super athlete :)

Luxii said:
Making my own would definitely have been the preference, haha! Is there a way to work it out in the RP that suddenly the archetype is a completely different person? I was interested in the martial artist or super athlete :)
Not sure...if you can come up with something plausible maybe...

Wherefore art thou @Mitheral ?

Luxii said:
My new character which is the Mentalist is a completely different person. Different genders even. Not even remotely the same to the original person. The only slot left I believe is the martial artist. Sharlene made a super athlete.

I'd be happy to take the martial artist! As soon as I get the go ahead, I'll draw up a character and post. Is there any preference on gender, etc?

Well, I spoke with some of the RPN staff members ... and if the character is used within the RP and not copied to be used in other RP's or to make $$$, then it is okay to use here. However, originality is typically better. I fine people that create their own tend to run them better than trying to play another's character.

Sharlene's character was originally going to be an NPC out there. Her husband is the NPC Sean refers to as the source of his knowledge about advanced armors. (FYI, the liquid armor and magnetically aligned armors are real life work done at MIT and possibly Stanford. The liquid armor is already in use by elite units and being tested at some prison facilities.) Jennifer and James were originally metahuman supers that we edited.

A martial artist would be great. The sex doesn't matter. I would have been happy with 5 ladies that called themselves Femme Force (although that was a comic book back in the 1980's) or 5 guys calling themselves the Macho Men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back