Viewpoint The Venture Bros - Curious about something:

Winter Kakyoin

"I could've saved them... I really could've..."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Is it just me, or does no one roleplay The Venture Bros? I just recently got into the show and joined the fandom, but I feel like I'm late to it. I have only met one other person on here that knows the show. I have grown to love the show and characters (especially Pete White) so much, and I'd love to find someone to talk to about it and even roleplay it with, but It seems like the fandom has just kind of disappeared. Was I late to the fandom?

One thing to note is that a random is being popular is a necessary but not sufficient condition for an abundance of people seeking to roleplay it, though even without something being popular there might still be people who would be willing to roleplay it of course, but that also does not necessitate it would be high enough on their list to feature in an interest check.

If you want to know if you were “late to the fandom”, I think you could use the search function to see if there were more RPs of it in the past. If there was a significant decline of interest checks featuring it, it might be you missed a wave of it. That being said if the count was always low to none, then it might well be that it was just never that popular in this community or at least it wasn’t seen as good for roleplay. Just throwing hypotheticals here of course.

I mean... I really like the show, and I like the thought of roleplaying it, but I also am not good with fandom RPs, so it's just a daydream for me. That being said, while more "mainstream" shows get much more RP movements, of course, even within peak popularity of the Venture Bros I haven't seen a lot of RP potential there. Maybe just a couple of people. This might be because the show is explicitly directed to adult audience, and this forum is PG. Adult themes taken out - it'll be watered down, as the big part of the show is that it's so obnoxious and obscene at times, but also in a very casual way.

Don't even know what that is, but typically for fandom RP's you won't get a lot of interest unless it's a super popular and well-known fandom. At least that's what I've observed.

I think the overlap of Venture Bros fans and roleplayers is rather small as I have never seen a group or 1x1 of that show. The other piece of it is that some shows are more fun to watch than to write for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back