• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Untold Whispers: A Spark in the Kingdom

WakingDawn96

Dreams Come True
(RP sign ups are still open: The Untold Whispers: A Spark in the Kingdom RP CS (Open))

There is a universe among a sea of endless universes where what you know isn't the truth in this place. Beloved characters you thought you knew, familiar places in far away lands, stories you once held dear, all of them now changed and brought into a brand new light. This is the story of The Untold Universe.....

In The Untold Universe, classic and beloved Disney and other fairytale characters live in one huge single world, the exceptions being lands like Wonderland and Neverland where those worlds have their own realms not located on the singular world. Every character to come from a Walt Disney story or fairytale live in these places, with the exception to ones who have yet to exist.

However, just because these characters come based off stories already told, these characters are not the same as their counterparts. These characters have changed their stories and made them completely new, though some have kept many of their counterparts' qualities and history. But these characters are meant to be looked upon in a brand new light and in a very brand new way.

But as for what is bringing this story to light, well it all starts with Book One: A Spark in the Kingdom:

In the singular world simply called Yuta, there are many different kingdoms, but right at the heart of the world is a kingdom called The Maxia Kingdom. There a noble prince watches over the entire world using a crystal globe that lets him see the world in search of potential dangers to the citizens of the universe. Lately though, things have been going too smoothly and no dangers have appeared at all, leading the prince to worry. For he fears that the villains of the world have gone under the radar and are planning something big, either working together or not. It's this very fear that has lead the prince on a new journey, he has been tasked to search for potential allies to join up with to stop the villains of the world and save the world from their dangers before it is too late. Though, no one said who the villains are, and who the heroes are as well. Meaning, heroes of stories once told can become the villains of this tale, and vice versa, also for some characters, it doesn't matter what appearance they once had, nor what gender they were, there can always be a twist to make them not like their counterparts as well.

Chapter One - A Spark of Interest

(I am going to let you all start the first chapter before I post with my characters. Reason being that I have a special way of introducing them that will involve knowing what everyone else is up to before my characters come into light. So, I am tasking you all to make your posts before I post with mine, and how I want you to start out is to introduce your characters in their respective places that are separated from one another, so like Moana starts on her island, etc. Just be creative in your introductions, but he separated from one another for right now because we are all going to start out in different places and slowly come together before the chapter ends. Okay, well have at it and have fun! :))

Typical day for Merrick. He sat, well, it was more of a crouch, on a tree branch over looking a road that lead into Nottingham. It was one that he had scouted for the past few days. In those few days he saw quite a bit of gold coming in and out of town. Not a lot, but it would definitely produce a profit for the thief. As usual, he kept an arrow knocked and ready. Now, he was no Robin Hood when it came to shooting the bow, but he was still pretty good. A slight breeze blew, rustling the leaves of the tree and his tail swayed a little. A smile spread across his muzzle as he took a deep breath of the cooler air. "It's a beautiful day. Hopefully it makes for a beautiful payoff" he said softly.

(All I can think of for an intro at the moment. I'm a little tired)

Riding across the road Merrick was looking upon was white horse with the rider on it being none other than The Prince himself. He was on his way to Nottingham to seek out help from the one he has heard tales about, that being none other than Robin Hood. The Prince thought that Robin Hood fit the qualities of a hero and could be the the perfect guy to get in and out of the villains' strongholds. He then made the horse come to a complete stop as he needed a moment to recollect himself and drink some water as he had been riding for a long while now. He hopped off his horse and walked to the front of it as it looked at him. "Easy boy, I figured a break wouldn't hurt. We've been riding for a while now. Here, have a snack." The Prince said as he fed the horse some food and smiled as the horse ate it.

Merrick's ears rotated as he heard what sounded like a horse walking closer to view. Maybe this was it, maybe this was the loot he was waiting for. He thought for a moment that only one horse was rather strange for a transport of gold. He'd expect at least 10 guards on horses. As he readied himself and drew the arrow back, aiming at where the rider you first come into view, he pulled the hood of his green cloak over his head. Now, what he was expecting to trot into view wasn't what he saw. Instead, he saw someone he was going to have a hard time believing they were there. It was The Prince. Merrick let the bow rest and stared in confusion. Why was the prince of Maxia Kingdom in Nottingham? He was probably looking for a hero to partake in a quest. Merrick didn't have to think twice about who this hero was. 2nd thing he wasn't expecting to happen was what happened next. As he crouched on the branch, he could hear it cracking, but before he could react it had already broke. Merrick let out a quick shout as he fell. It was about a 15 foot drop, so it didn't feel pleasant when he hit the ground.

The sun rose in the sandy dunes around Agrabah which painted the sand in beautiful shades of red and orange. At this time good and hard working people of the kingdom were waking to go to work, while thieves and other uncanny characters retreated to await nightfall for their plans.
Genie rose from his lamp, he could see the sun rise from up in the castle towers. "Ahh I am a morning person but that doesn't mean I don't want some morning coffee and a news paper to start the day!" He snapped his fingers and in his hands appeared a hot cup of coffee and a news paper. He took a sip from his coffee cup "That is a top quality cup of joe right there, now how about the funny section?" Genie skimmed over the news and reached the funny section, laughing at the little comic strips before making the paper vanish in to smoke. Today seemed like it would be a slow day, or maybe something interesting would happen. Whatever the day had in store for him, it could probably wait until he finished his coffee.

Aladdin then walked into the room where Genie was. "See you got your coffee already, don't really know how you can stand drinking that stuff everyday out in a desert, but whatever." Aladdin said to Genie as he then sat down on a couch and laid back with his feet on top of the nearby table. Aladdin looked at Genie, "Genie, The Prince is putting together a group of people, it would seem. Of course, he has tasked me with finding people for said group, problem is I have no idea where to look. Like where do you look for the right individuals to fight against darkness?" Aladdin asked as he had no idea who to ask to help aid in The Prince's quest.

The Prince quickly turned around with his sword out and pointed straight ahead when he heard a cry go off behind him. The Prince's house was caught off guard by the noise, but he wasn't bothered by The Prince having the sword out. The Prince looked straight ahead and saw a fox like creature on the ground. The Prince didn't know if this person was friend or foe, so he stood his ground. "You there, who are you? And what are you doing on this road hiding in the trees? You clearly aren't a squirrel so what were you up to?" The Prince asked strongly just in case, asking Merrick what he was up to.

Great was all Merrick could think as he lied there for a moment. There was no doubt in his mind that the Prince heard that and was coming this way. Before Merrick knew it, the Prince was in front of him, sword drawn and pointing right at him. How was he going to get out of this jam? He picked himself up off the ground and brushed off his cloak before looking at the Prince. "Merrick Grant your majesty" he introduced himself with a slight bow. Now he had to answer his next question, what he was doing. Of course, Merrick wasn't going to give him the complete truth. He was pretty good at lying. "I am standing guard for any royal convoys that may pass through here. Yes, it is a rather unorthodox way of protecting the kings riches, but in order to stop thieves you must operate like a thief" he told the Prince, hoping he would buy it. To Merrick, tricking people was second nature.

The Prince put the sword back in its sheath and looked at the fox. "Ah Merrick, the one who looks like another. Tell me, do you think I am just some fool? I have a special globe back home, and I can see what goes on in any kingdom or realm, and so I know all about who you really are, a thief, a no good, lying, manipulating thief. Unlike Robin, you take to benefit only yourself, no one else matters." The Prince said revealing that he knew all too well about who Merrick really is. The Prince then smirked, "You know, I have a friend who used to steal to survive, you seem to share a similarity there. I don't think of you as the bad guy, just you aren't a good guy either. But you know what, I know a way you can start redeeming yourself, and a way for you to become rich beyond your wildest dreams. I was planning on asking Robin for help, but maybe you'd be better suited for the job, as long as you work on your skills, cause falling off a tree is not exactly helpful." The Prince said with a laugh.

Annnd, boom. That was not the response he was expecting at all. The Prince had an ace up his sleeve in the form of a "special globe" that allowed him to see everything. Merrick couldn't help but smirk at the Prince's next comment. He called him a no good, lying, and manipulating thief. Merrick was actually glad someone knew of his works. Now was when he expected the Prince to attempt to arrest him, but no, he continued on with something that would definitely gain his interest. He spoke of a way Merrick could "redeem himself" and a way to become rich beyond his wildest dreams. As he came to the conclusion of his offer, the Prince has made a comment about Merrick falling from the tree that left a sour taste in his mouth. None the less however, Merrick would take him up on this offer. "Alright, you have my interest. Also, I didn't not fall, the branch broke" he told the Prince. Merrick believed his skills were quite refined. But, if this was a quest coming from the Prince of Maxia, it clearly wasn't going to be a cake walk.

"Al you're up, hope you slept well and hey don't knock it till you try it." Genie greeted Aladdin with a friendly grin. He decided to float by Aladdin rather than sit by him as he announced the task he'd been given. "Well I'm sure you know as well as I do that you can count me in one-hundred percent! Where you go I go! Through thick and thin, high and low, deep and- well you get the point!" Genie said as he shapeshifted to match everything after 'one-hundred percent'. "Not to mention I've been just about everywhere and you've got a magic carpet, we can travel the world lickity split, another kingdom might have a promising young hero like yourself?"

It was one of those days or maybe nights, it was hard to tell since Lalotai was so deep under the sea. Tamatoa decided to awaken from his beauty sleep if only to organize his treasure, or rather what was left of it. "I really need to invest in getting one of those magic mirrors that tell you how fair you are." The monster mused as he decided to categorize his items based on how beautiful they were. He was surprisingly careful with his claws, not a single trinket broken by them. Tamatoa grabbed a huge pearl from the most beautiful pile and admired his reflection on it's surface "Shiny, but not quite as shiny as I am." The monster continued to stare at the pearl. Tentatively putting it back so that he could admire his work.
It wasn't quite what it used to be but that would change once he hunted down the monsters who'd stolen from him and take back what was his.

Eyes narrowed in concentration, Aurora was completely focused on her task. With her hand outstretched, she attempted to contort her shadow. Out in the bright morning sun, it made her shadow quite dark, perfect for her experiments. While she had perfected manipulating light and making small illusions with casting the rays in a certain way, Aurora still had yet to get full control over what Maleficent said was her most dangerous power: shadows. She had been practicing for three years and still couldn't fully get them under her control. Even so, as she watched, her shadow lost it's shape and reformed in the shape of a hook. Relieved at this accomplishment (even if it wasn't the desired shape), Aurora lost her concentration for a moment but it was long enough for the shadow to go back to it's original shape.

The young woman sighed, plopping back into the grass. The forest around Maleficent's castle was dark, living up to her reputation. The reason was more because, like Aurora now, she had difficulty controlling her powers when she was younger. But unlike Aurora, she didn't have anyone to help her learn more about her powers other than books and old scripts. The world didn't look kindly on witches anyway so it was hard for her, Aurora imagined.

Now that all of her motivation had been lost, Aurora plucked at the straws of dark green grass.

The Prince smiled as he looked at Merrick, "I'd knew I would peak your interest. Now tell me, besides the thiefs like yourself, have you seen any recent sign of bad guys appearing in these parts of the woods?" The Prince asked already knowing the answer to the question, but wanted Merrick to realize what has been going on lately.

Aladdin sighed as he then took in what Genie said, "Thanks Genie, your help is always appreciated. And you know, I think I might know a good candidate, though he doesn't live in a kingdom, he lives more in a city, a city called Thebes." Aladdin said hinting towards someone that Genie may realize who he is talking about.

Suddenly where Aurora was, a howl suddenly was heard in the area, and on a nearby ledge, a black and red wolf appeared and stared Aurora down. The wolf growled as it went in for attack at her, preparing to bite her down.

Genie smiled, knowing exactly who was the candidate Aladdin was talking about was "So Greece so that means Hercules and his magnificent flying steed, the two of you have a lot in common from the tales about him!" Genie pondered to himself thought about if leaving the kingdom was a good idea though, but this was important. "Well we're burning daylight sitting around the sooner we leave the sooner we can come back before any vile villains get any ideas about attacking the kingdom. Jasmine at least has Raja to protect her." He said dismissing his own negativity. "I'm ready when you are Al!"

Merrick tilted his head in confusion by the Prince's next question. He had asked if Merrick had seen any bad guys besides other thieves in the forest around their spot. The forest surrounding Nottingham was Merrick's turf. He knew just about anything and everything that happened in the forest. This was when he remembered when he saw some shady looking individuals roaming the area not too long ago. "Now that you mention it, not long ago did I see a few suspicious looking people walking around the forest. What do they have to do with this?" he said to the Prince as he picked his bow up off the ground and let it rest on his shoulders. Merrick was getting more and more interested in the Prince's job by the minute. First, riches beyond his wildest dreams, now mystery people that the Prince wanted to know of.

Aurora gasped, only just noticing the wolf right before it went to attack her. Acting by instinct, the shadow she was trying so desperately to control earlier rose up from the ground and materialized right in front of her. Between she and the wolf, it acted almost as a shield.

Aladdin looked at Genie, "Yeah, and we should definitely make haste. Though, it would be easier if we knew who Herc actually is and what he actually looks like, but I guess we will figure that out when we get there." Aladdin said to Genie. He then whistled and carpet zoomed into the room and Aladdin stood on top of it and motioned for Genie to follow and the carpet took flying out the nearby balcony window with Aladdin on its back.

Suddenly where Tamatoa, behind him a man appeared from out of nowhere and stared directly at him. "You, shiny? Oh please, that's rich. You haven't been shiny ever since you were picked on by everybody else. You may have some treasures left, but you won't ever be the shiny one you once were." The man said insulting Tamatoa. Just who was this man, and what did he want?

The Prince looked at Merrick, "In a word, everything." The Prince said as he pulled out a small device that summoned a hologram version of the globe back at his castle. This seemed a bit advanced for the time, however it was probably the one object in this world that had any true tech to it. But that would be to say it worked with electronics, which isn't true, for it was all running on magic alone, the world's magic at that. The Prince then had it show a darkness spreading across the world. "This is an image of things yet to come, but it's a possibility, one that may happen if not stopped. For you see, there is an uprising going on with the villains hidden in the shadows. I have been tasked with finding them an finding a group of individuals that can help me stop them. That is where you come along, join my cause and help me stop this darkness from happening, and I will reward you greatly for your service." The Prince said putting the device away.

The wolf didn't seem fazed by the shadow, and cut it down to size with one single swipe of its claw. The wolf then went to pounce on top of Aurora and attack her. However before it could land on top of Aurora, a figure suddenly striked the wolf down and the wolf fell onto the ground. The wolf then got up and ran away from the scene. The figure that had saved Aurora turned out to be none other than Prince Phillip. Phillip turned around and looked at Aurora, smiling at her. "Are you okay miss? I don't normally travel this far out here, but I happened to be looking for something, good thing I got here when I did." Prince Phillip told Aurora. He seemed to have no clue who Aurora was nor what her story was, in fact he just thought of her as someone he just rescued.

"Think big, brawny, and heroic looking. Or maybe ask a local." Genie suggested with a chuckle. "Oh and can't forget my lamp, I have all sorts of things in there that could help on the way!" Genie retrieved his lamp and put it on the carpet before sitting down beside it. "Ready when you are buddy!" He gave Aladdin a big thumbs up as he magically summoned an old pilot outfit complete with scarf.

Tamatoa winced and his claws crushed a shiny shell he had in his claws. He turned on a dime facing the man who dared to insult him in his lair. "You dare insult me mysterious stranger?! I still have plenty of shiny treasure and I plan to get it back, thank you very much!" Tamatoa gritted his teeth as he stared at the vague figure with contempt. Putting himself between the stranger and his remaining treasure.

WakingDawn96 WakingDawn96

Aurora let out a cry, too preoccupied by the arising danger of the wolf's claws to be shocked that her last minute defense was so weak. Her eyes were shut tight, expecting the beast's teeth to sink into her flesh but only heard the wolf squeal in pain itself. She braved a peek and was surprised to a man to standing it's place brandishing a bloody sword. Filled with surprise, she fixed her golden gaze onto him, her eyes wide. "Oh... Thank you," she said while moving to stand and wiping away the evening dew and remaining flecks of grass. The stranger was quite handsome but he could have been any young man and she would have been shy. Her interactions with men have been lacking and even before, Aurora wasn't particularly outgoing.

"I-I'm fine," Aurora continued to say now unable to look directly at him. "What exactly are you looking for?" Though some might have been concerned that he might have been looking to cash in the reward set for her return, Aurora wasn't exactly in the state of mind for rational thought processes. The reason she spoke was because of curiosity, nothing more, nothing less.
WakingDawn96 WakingDawn96

The Prince had stated that these robed figures were actually a target of interest. Well, that's how Merrick interpreted it. After saying that, he pulled a strange object out that projected an image of the land. Merrick knew the royals had more updated technology, but he would never have thought of something to this extent. Over the land, Merrick could see a dark veil creeping across it. The Prince then went on to explain what it was. He said villains had begun taking over from the shadows, and that the Prince was told to find a group of warriors to fend off the approaching threat. It all was so intriguing to Merrick, he almost couldn't resist. He tapped his fingers against his bow for a second before chuckling. "Well, seems as you have a pest problem. You have my service" Merrick said. Now this was something he was surprised with. He was taking a job from royalty. He had been stealing from royals and the rich for so long, it felt strange to be there talking to one.

The mysterious man looked at Tamatoa, and laughed darkly. "Oh please, your plan is as weak as your shell." The man said and stared Tamatoa over. "However, if you really want your treasure back, and to make those who harmed you pay, you need to stop thinking alone. I am a business man, of sorts, and I can get you every last bit of your treasure back, however there is a price." The mysterious man said with a dark, twisted laugh.

Phillip looked at Aurora, "Well you see, there is said to be a dark castle out here with a powerful dark witch. This witch apparently is very powerful, and she even has her own henchmen and apprentice. My boss has tasked me with going to that castle and seek help from the witch. According to him, the witch is actually a misunderstood fairy, and her apprentice was set to be a princess, though she had magic, and so the fairy took her from her family." Phillip said revealing he has heard the story of what happened to Aurora. "But my boss doesn't care about any of that, he seeks to only get help from the fairy and defeat a terrible darkness that is set to wipe this world away." Phillip said as he then looked at Aurora and smiled. "As for what I hope to accomplish, myself, well that's a story for another time. By the way, my name is Phillip, and believe it or not, I'm a prince. Do you have something they call you by?" Phillip said introducing himself finally.

The Prince smiled and nodded at Merrick, "Thank you for joining. Though to be honest, if you had actually refused, I would have had no choice but force you to join or face a serious prison sentence. So I decided to give you a chance to do what your heart was telling you. That's lesson number one for you." The Prince said revealing that he gave Merrick a chance despite already receiving orders to take Merrick in. For The Prince was fair, he believed in giving second chances to those he saw fit, and perhaps he saw something in Merrick that Merrick didn't see in himself.

The former princess was startled to hear those words. She paused, finally growing some sort of self preservation. Maybe it was the shock of hearing her story told to her by a stranger. Did he- this Philip, know who she was? What if he was trying to play on her sympathies... No, that didn't make sense. Why would he pretend not to know her then?

Not knowing what to think or really react, she went by her own standby name whenever she went out to the nearby villages. "I'm Claire. I live in a village around here," she explained, rubbing her arm in a nervous manner. "It's nice to meet you, Prince Philip. As a thank you, I could show you the way to the castle if you like. I know my way through these woods very well." Perhaps Maleficent would know what to do about him. She could always send him away if he was bad.

Aladdin smiled at Genie and his new outfit change. He then gave the order for carpet to fly off and the gang was on their way to Thebes. Flying over buildings and landmarks, to passing the harsh dessert, Aladdin wondered about something. "Umm Genie, do you have any idea which way Thebes is? I kind of forgot a map." Aladdin said revealing he forgot a map and had no idea which way they were supposed to go now.

Phillip smiled at Claire, "Please feel free to call my Phillip, I may be a prince, but I'm just a regular guy at heart." Phillip said as he then glanced around and then looked at Claire. "And, thank you for your offer, Claire. Any help is gratefully appreciated. So, please, lead the way." Phillip said with a smile. Phillip seemed to actually not know who Claire really was and bought her story of being a common villager.

Tamatoa had enough of being insulted in his own home. He began to advance on the man, pausing when he started to speak. His eyes widened when he offered a way to get his treasure back, was there any down side to accepting this mysterious offer? "What kind of price are we talkin' babe? I don't plan on sharing any of my treasure if that's what you want." The monster weighed his options... Maybe the mysterious stranger was right.

Genie enjoyed the sights, the view was great from above. Hearing Aladdin's request he smiled
"Presto!" He summoned a map with a quick route to Thebes. It wouldn't be too far on carpet back. Genie handed Aladdin the map "Here ya go Al, I tried to avoid going into any dangerous territory so it should be a smooth ride."

Aurora smiled slightly at his response. "It's this way," she said before turning down towards the forest. She glanced back just once to make sure Philip was still following her then moved back to the path that she now knew like the back of her hand. Aurora knew exactly where to duck from the low hanging branches and where to avoid putting her feet from the experience of getting her foot stuck in the swampy areas. Again she glanced back to see how her companion was faring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back