• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Untold Whispers: A Spark in the Kingdom RP CS (Open)

WakingDawn96

Dreams Come True
(Just thought I would post this already to post down some characters ahead of the RP's start. This RP still needs a little work before it starts, but I need to write down some characters, and I am sure people would be more interested this way in joining since they could write down their characters as well. Also, we can see who is playing what, and things like that.)

Link to the Interest Check: The Untold Whispers: A Spark in the Kingdom RP Interest Sheet

(Please go over the Interest Check sheet for more details and some vital rules)

Extra Rules:

This is a Disney story in a brand new way, but still, we are going for a PG rating here (...so leave your creepy demon clowns elsewhere)

No godmodding, you have to lose sometimes and you aren't immortal, I don't care what character you play as, this is an important rule so just don't do it

Romance is allowed and so is violence, but I swear PG-13 would just be pushing it as it is for a PG story, so just be careful with this, if it's not allowed in a Walt Disney classic movie, then it's not allowed here

No killing or controlling other people's characters without permission, there shouldn't be a reason why you should do this on a normal basis, so just don't do it

No one is above the rules, so just keep that in mind, I want this to be a fun and memorable RP since this is my first RP that I am making on here, so just please follow the rules and be kind to the other members in this story, respect them and their ideals. This will allow us to all have fun with this RP. :)

Character Sheet:

Name:

Character Based on and origin: (Only for those who are taking Disney characters and rewriting their stories)

Appearance:

Weapon: (Optional)

Sub-Weapon: (Optional)

Powers and abilities: (optional)

History: (Optional, though if you don't explain it here, please explain it in the RP itself)

Extra Things or Extra Details: (Anything else you want to say about your character? You don't have to if you don't want to.)

Characters on reserve:
Simba
Scar
Hercules
Prince Phillip
Moana

Last edited:
Character Sheet:

Name: Prince Phillip

Character Based on and origin: Prince Phillip - Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty

Appearance:
7HNeTi.jpg

Weapon: Royal Sword

History: Once Upon a Dream, his character was seen in one light as a brace hero who met a girl through song and went on a quest to rescue her, living happily ever after at the end of the story with his true love......

However, that isn't quite the story of this Prince Phillip. Even though he is still a brave and noble prince, his story is different from what people once thought. Heck, he hasn't even met Princess Aurora at all, not even at her christening. Instead, he has lived a very different life and has known different people than the original version of himself did. Though, his story is just now coming into light and his tale shall be different from what it once was. He has been given the honor to assist The Prince of The Maxia Kingdom as the right hand man on the team that The Prince hopes to unite.

Last edited:
Name : Merrick Grant

Character Based on and origin : Robin Hood OC

Appearance :
download.jpg
images.jpg
Weapon : Bow with arrows

Sub-Weapon : A small dagger

Powers and abilities : Well, he does have the enhanced senses that an animal would have. He also is a pretty good shot with the bow.

History : Basically, Merrick is the shadow of Robin Hood. Robin Hood may have stole from the rich and given to the poor, but Merrick just stole from who he deemed deserving of being stole from. He didn't always give to the poor, but when he did it was often mistaken for the works of Robin Hood. After Robin had successfully defeated Prince John and married Maid Marian, he had decided to settle down. Merrick on the other hand did not and continued doing as he did, still being mistaken for Robin Hood when he gave to the poor.

Extra Things or Extra Details : Sorry for the delay​

Character Sheet:

Name: Prince Adam (Also known as The Beast and The Big Bad Wolf)

Character Based on and origin: A mixture of The Beast from Beauty and the Beast and the classic Big Bad Wolf

Appearance:
f4d711f24df429795c14b50bb74f57e1--anime-guys-teen-wolf.jpg

3a1053ef4a1066a924f86cadb5550c63.jpg

Weapon: His claws and teeth

Powers and abilities: Able to transform into a dark wolf

History: A prince that has been cursed to be a monster due to a cruel heart, but instead of being the regular known beast, he has been sentenced to the life of being an evil animal in a wolf. He has since then grown even crueler and has turned his back on the world and everyone in it.

And also, everyone above me is accepted! :)

Name: Princess Aurora

Character Based on and origin: Aurora from Sleeping Beauty

Appearance:
Aurora.%28Sleeping.Beauty%29.full.1420183.jpg

Weapon: Magic

Sub-Weapon: N/a

Powers and abilities: The ability to manipulate shadows and light

History: Unlike in the classic representation, Maleficent doesn't curse Aurora but rather takes her on as her pupil. Under the witch's tutelage, Aurora has recognized her latent magical talent after being discovered demonstrating said power by Maleficent at her christening. Her parents, the King and the Queen, were still disrespectful towards Maleficent due to their political ties to the Color Fairies, Flora, Fauna and Merriweather. This caused her to have to take Aurora for her safety and the people around her if she didn't teach her to manage her power. Even so, the King and Queen regard Aurora as kidnapped though Aurora went willingly.

Other: There is a reward for her safe return put out by her parents.

Last edited:
Name: Princess Aurora

Character Based on and origin: Aurora from Sleeping Beauty

Appearance:
Aurora.%28Sleeping.Beauty%29.full.1420183.jpg

Sub-Weapon: N/a

Powers and abilities: The ability to manipulate shadows and light

History: Unlike in the classic representation, Maleficent doesn't curse Aurora but rather takes her on as her pupil. Under the witch's tutelage, Aurora has recognized her latent magical talent after being discovered demonstrating said power by Maleficent at her christening. Her parents, the King and the Queen, were still disrespectful towards Maleficent due to their political ties to the Color Fairies, Flora, Fauna and Merriweather. This caused her to have to take Aurora for her safety and the people around her if she didn't teach her to manage her power. Even so, the King and Queen regard Aurora as kidnapped though Aurora went willingly.

Finally we have a Princess Aurora! And nice job adding the twist that she was taught her abilities by Maleficent instead of being cursed by her, really a good twist right there. :)

Name: Prince Simba (The Lion Prince)

Character Based on and origin: While he is a new character made completely for this RP, he draws inspiration from multiple fairy tale princes......

.......But also is primarily based on Simba from The Lion King

Appearance:
5dccb9968953648343d18dcf77a1b63b--anime-male-anime-guys.jpg

Lion Appearance:
lion_of_venice_by_taintedsilence.jpg

Weapon: Magic's Blade (A sword that can channel magical elements into itself to power it up for attack)

Sub-Weapon: Magic

Abilities: Is Able to Transform Into A Lion With Wings

History: The Prince is the guy who lives in The Maxia Kingdom, the guy who was in the description for the RP. His goal is to find heroes to join his cause in stopping the bad guys before they bring utter darkness to the world. He is the leader, and he only wants what is best for not just kingdom, but the entire world.

Last edited:
Finally we have a Princess Aurora! And nice job adding the twist that she was taught her abilities by Maleficent instead of being cursed by her, really a good twist right there. :)
Thanks :3 I didn't want to make her too predictable and I also like Maleficent from some of the other representations of her.

Thanks :3 I didn't want to make her too predictable and I also like Maleficent from some of the other representations of her.

I actually like Maleficent from a villain, from a hero, and as an anti-hero perspective all the same. Like, I am a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts series and her being a villain in there and seeing what she could do other than be Aurora's problem is interesting. And of course, I loved Maleficent (the movie), and think that it really took the idea of maybe we don't know the real her and made it work. So I have respect towards Maleficent in any way she is shown.

But as for Aurora, it's really interesting what you came up with, cause honestly, I wouldn't expect her to join Maleficent in learning magic. Makes this a very fun twist to use for my special tale. Though I do wonder how far we can expand on these characters, I hope even my expectations are exceeded and more twists will come out of all of everybody's characters in this RP. I can't wait to start this early tomorrow. :)

Name: Genie

Character Based on and origin: Genie from Aladdin

Appearance: (Can form legs at will)
rip_robin_williams_by_m4i_sw4g-d7uxcur.jpg

Sub-Weapon: N/A

Powers and abilities:
Genie is one of the most powerful major characters in the Disney universe shown so far. As shown in the first movie, he could easily break the laws of nature, shape-shift into virtually anything, break the fourth wall, warp reality at a whim, lift the palace of Agrabah with no problems, give other people his power, undo the works of any magic (though mixing his magic with someone else's has consequences), and escape a magically sealed cave. However, he has three limits to his abilities (And also refuses to accept substitutions, exchanges, refunds and wishing for more wishes); he cannot kill, he cannot make people fall in love, and he cannot raise the dead (though he states that he can indeed perform resurrections, but simply does not enjoy doing so as the resurrected are implied to be turned zombies in which he describes as "not a pretty picture").
After getting his freedom, it is unclear of these limitations still implied, although he stated that he had suffered a reduction in power due to his new freedom, describing his current powers as now being "semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic power" as opposed to his previous "phenomenal cosmic power". However, he still has a nearly unlimited amount of magical knowledge and all his shape-shifting abilities. He also has high magic power, but was unable to undo certain forms of magic; a weakness with disastrous consequences. He can also flawlessly imitate the voices and appearances of others. He does have his exploited weaknesses which are that he can be tricked into getting into a bottle but then cannot get out until someone releases him. Also Items that can affect magic also affect him.

History:
After being set free by Aladdin and Jasmine after a whole bunch of exciting adventure which would take a whole movie to cover Aladdin set Genie free. The first thing Genie did was test his freedom, overjoyed with the fact that he was his own master he decided to travel the world. Turns out it was a small world after all and Genie missed his friends back at Agrabah and decided to travel back home, with souvenirs of course. After catching up some and giving out souvenirs Genie decided to stay in Agrabah and help out Aladdin and Jasmine at his own free will.

Extra Things or Extra Details: Nothing but this because why not?

Name: Genie

Character Based on and origin: Genie from Aladdin

Appearance: (Can form legs at will)
rip_robin_williams_by_m4i_sw4g-d7uxcur.jpg

Sub-Weapon: N/A

Powers and abilities:
Genie is one of the most powerful major characters in the Disney universe shown so far. As shown in the first movie, he could easily break the laws of nature, shape-shift into virtually anything, break the fourth wall, warp reality at a whim, lift the palace of Agrabah with no problems, give other people his power, undo the works of any magic (though mixing his magic with someone else's has consequences), and escape a magically sealed cave. However, he has three limits to his abilities (And also refuses to accept substitutions, exchanges, refunds and wishing for more wishes); he cannot kill, he cannot make people fall in love, and he cannot raise the dead (though he states that he can indeed perform resurrections, but simply does not enjoy doing so as the resurrected are implied to be turned zombies in which he describes as "not a pretty picture").
After getting his freedom, it is unclear of these limitations still implied, although he stated that he had suffered a reduction in power due to his new freedom, describing his current powers as now being "semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic power" as opposed to his previous "phenomenal cosmic power". However, he still has a nearly unlimited amount of magical knowledge and all his shape-shifting abilities. He also has high magic power, but was unable to undo certain forms of magic; a weakness with disastrous consequences. He can also flawlessly imitate the voices and appearances of others. He does have his exploited weaknesses which are that he can be tricked into getting into a bottle but then cannot get out until someone releases him. Also Items that can affect magic also affect him.

History:
After being set free by Aladdin and Jasmine after a whole bunch of exciting adventure which would take a whole movie to cover Aladdin set Genie free. The first thing Genie did was test his freedom, overjoyed with the fact that he was his own master he decided to travel the world. Turns out it was a small world after all and Genie missed his friends back at Agrabah and decided to travel back home, with souvenirs of course. After catching up some and giving out souvenirs Genie decided to stay in Agrabah and help out Aladdin and Jasmine at his own free will.

Extra Things or Extra Details: Nothing but this because why not?

So yeah, Genie is a tricky character to RP as, as he is acceptable, however, he can also be very powerful even with a reduce in his powers, and one of my rules is clearly no godmodding, so yeah.... I have one request towards you and your character, just don't go overboard and try to make him too powerful. Like, dial him back so that he is just like another magic user who can grant wishes. I don't want anyone getting a big head and start going overboard even if they don't mean to. I want this to be an equal RP where even if a Mount Olympus god showed up, they don't grow too powerful. So yeah, just don't make him too overpowered or else it won't be fun for him to be around. Maybe add a few new weaknesses to him as well so there is a better chance of him not being too overpowered. I want you to be able to use him and have a fun time with everyone else, but I'm just a bit weary of the situation because Genie is a character that can become overpowered if given a chance. So he is accepted, but on a very tight string, but hopefully you can reassure to me in the RP that he isn't as powerful as he seems. So yeah, accepted but I'm keeping my eye on him.

So yeah, Genie is a tricky character to RP as, as he is acceptable, however, he can also be very powerful even with a reduce in his powers, and one of my rules is clearly no godmodding, so yeah.... I have one request towards you and your character, just don't go overboard and try to make him too powerful. Like, dial him back so that he is just like another magic user who can grant wishes. I don't want anyone getting a big head and start going overboard even if they don't mean to. I want this to be an equal RP where even if a Mount Olympus god showed up, they don't grow too powerful. So yeah, just don't make him too overpowered or else it won't be fun for him to be around. Maybe add a few new weaknesses to him as well so there is a better chance of him not being too overpowered. I want you to be able to use him and have a fun time with everyone else, but I'm just a bit weary of the situation because Genie is a character that can become overpowered if given a chance. So he is accepted, but on a very tight string, but hopefully you can reassure to me in the RP that he isn't as powerful as he seems. So yeah, accepted but I'm keeping my eye on him.
Oh thank you!
Yeah I'll be sure not to go overboard with him, I just was looking at some Disney clips of characters and forgot how much I loved Genie so I went with him as first choice.
I actually have a habit of going underpowered with characters even if they are strong so I'll try to balance it out and mostly use the powers for comic relief y'know.

Oh thank you!
Yeah I'll be sure not to go overboard with him, I just was looking at some Disney clips of characters and forgot how much I loved Genie so I went with him as first choice.
I actually have a habit of going underpowered with characters even if they are strong so I'll try to balance it out and mostly use the powers for comic relief y'know.

That makes me feel a bit relieved to be honest. I want everyone to have a fun time, so me having to watch someone's character isn't something I want to do, but still I have to make sure everyone has fun, so it's just part of the job. But you saying that you tend to be underpowered, that is a relief, cause it makes it sound like you might be the right choice to play genie. Just I'm still watching, just to be fair to everyone else.

And yeah, I love Genie as well, have since I was young (and Robin Williams will be forever remembered). So it's nice to see him in, just it's his powers that can wreck his character, but I am giving you a chance since I like Genie and his story, so please don't let me down. :)

And just a reminder, the RP is now open and ready for introductions to get underway. And I don't know if I said it before, but NPCs will be a part of the story that anyone can use, but the major characters are assigned to their respective owners, so no controlling other people's characters, but anyone can use any type of NPC that they want to. :)

The Untold Whispers: A Spark in the Kingdom

(By the way, when I mean NPCs I'm not talking about actual Disney characters and Fairy Tale characters, I mean new NPC characters just made for this RP, like soldiers, etc.)

Last edited:
Since we don't have a OoC, I'm gonna post this here. I'm off for the night, it's been a long day. Also, I like how I'm probably the youngest one here, but I have the oldest character. :)

Character Sheet:

Name: Aladdin

Character Based on and origin: Aladdin from Aladdin (obviously)

Appearance:
65943dc933333dd13787bdbd05b0f718.jpg

Weapon: Dagger Sword

Powers and abilities:
Skilled thief
Experienced in hand-to-hand combat
Agility
Speed

History: While his story played out the same way that it did in the original movie, its more on the lines of what he is up to nowadays. After marrying Jasmine, Aladdin had a different life then what he had originally, and he tries his hardest to adapt to that life, but he still really likes action and his old ways. To this end, he has joined The Prince's army of people who he can call upon in case of dangers. Now he has been tasked to help bring together a group to defeat the evil doers before the world is lost.

Name: Tamatoa

Character Based on and origin: Tamatoa from Moana

Appearance: (10 ft to make things easier)
tumblr_olgke7eEnK1qimfofo1_1280.png

Weapon: Claws

Sub-Weapon: None

Powers and abilities:
Tamatoa has immense strength with his massive size and body weight, Tamatoa possesses incredible physical strength that eclipses the raw strength of a demigod. Being a coconut crab, his claws are also extremely powerful. Tamatoa also can become bioluminescence when in pitch darkness, Tamatoa undergoes a physical transformation in the form of a trait called bioluminescence which allows Tamatoa's body and his shiny clothing to change to neon, glowing light. His pupils, irises and scleras, meanwhile, can change color by alternating from vibrant and alarming pinks and blues.
While he is able to camouflage himself it's not as easy without his hoard of gold which allowed Tamatoa to perfectly disguise himself to appear as an inanimate mountain of treasures until he chooses to reveal himself. He mainly uses his shiny outfit as a hunting tactic, luring unsuspecting fish from the surrounding ocean straight into his mouth, among other prey. When bioluminescent, Tamatoa can perform counter-illumination, meaning he can manipulate the neon light of his body to match the darkness of his lair, completely camouflaging his form. Only Tamatoa's teeth and eyes can be seen in this form, when grinning and when they're open, respectively.
Tamatoa also has fourth wall awareness possibly due to his state of mind, Tamatoa is seemingly aware he lives in a fictional world. He loves to use to make references no one would really understand but is quite vague about his knowledge.

History: After being woken up from his beauty sleep by what he thought was beautiful new treasure which revealed itself to be some human probably after his treasure Tamatoa decided to give the human a bit of a performance before he ate her. Unfortunately he was rudely interrupted by a certain semi-demi-minigod and had to deal with him first and he would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that meddling human and her tricks. Distracted with a fake Heart of Tefiti so that the human could steal Maui's hook from him. Chasing down the duo also proved to be a mistake as it ended up with him getting his claw stuck pretty good as he tried to catch them and they escaped.
The monsters in Lalotai took no time to wait before they began looting him of his biggest and shiniest things and began moving down the line until there was hardly anything left. Now he had to hunt back down his treasure, gaining less than half back and leaving his ego fragile. But at least he hadn't fully reverted to being a drab little crab again, but he still silently feared that others might get the courage to go after his few treasures after Maui no doubt bragged about his defeat.

Extra Things or Extra Details: Another song because why not! (Also Maui never quite ripped his leg off, he broke it and it healed but he limps)

Last edited:
Name: Tamatoa

Character Based on and origin: Tamatoa from Moana

Appearance: (10 ft to make things easier)
tumblr_olgke7eEnK1qimfofo1_1280.png

Weapon: Claws

Sub-Weapon: None

Powers and abilities:
Tamatoa has immense strength with his massive size and body weight, Tamatoa possesses incredible physical strength that eclipses the raw strength of a demigod. Being a coconut crab, his claws are also extremely powerful. Tamatoa also can become bioluminescence when in pitch darkness, Tamatoa undergoes a physical transformation in the form of a trait called bioluminescence which allows Tamatoa's body and his shiny clothing to change to neon, glowing light. His pupils, irises and scleras, meanwhile, can change color by alternating from vibrant and alarming pinks and blues.
While he is able to camouflage himself it's not as easy without his hoard of gold which allowed Tamatoa to perfectly disguise himself to appear as an inanimate mountain of treasures until he chooses to reveal himself. He mainly uses his shiny outfit as a hunting tactic, luring unsuspecting fish from the surrounding ocean straight into his mouth, among other prey. When bioluminescent, Tamatoa can perform counter-illumination, meaning he can manipulate the neon light of his body to match the darkness of his lair, completely camouflaging his form. Only Tamatoa's teeth and eyes can be seen in this form, when grinning and when they're open, respectively.
Tamatoa also has fourth wall awareness possibly due to his state of mind, Tamatoa is seemingly aware he lives in a fictional world. He loves to use to make references no one would really understand but is quite vague about his knowledge.

History: After being woken up from his beauty sleep by what he thought was beautiful new treasure which revealed itself to be some human probably after his treasure Tamatoa decided to give the human a bit of a performance before he ate her. Unfortunately he was rudely interrupted by a certain semi-demi-minigod and had to deal with him first and he would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that meddling human and her tricks. Distracted with a fake Heart of Tefiti so that the human could steal Maui's hook from him. Chasing down the duo also proved to be a mistake as it ended up with him getting his claw stuck pretty good as he tried to catch them and they escaped.
The monsters in Lalotai took no time to wait before they began looting him of his biggest and shiniest things and began moving down the line until there was hardly anything left. Now he had to hunt back down his treasure, gaining less than half back and leaving his ego fragile. But at least he hadn't fully reverted to being a drab little crab again, but he still silently feared that others might get the courage to go after his few treasures after Maui no doubt bragged about his defeat.

Extra Things or Extra Details: Another song because why not!

Accepted, and nice choice of music, I like Jonathan Young's work. :)

(Though just to be clear, he still is a villain right?)

Accepted, and nice choice of music, I like Jonathan Young's work. :)

(Though just to be clear, he still is a villain right?)
Yeah but he's not really interested in the end of the world or anything, more like a "hey I'll play along as long as I get something out of it" kinda guy

Is it possible to make a different take on Governor Ratcliffe from Pocahauntus?

Pocahauntus is one property I've been thinking long and hard about, and I am still torn on it being apart of this story. While it is a Disney movie and could fit in to the story, I haven't seen the movie in ages and didn't really watch it growing up either enough to remember it, so like it's a movie I know some things about but I don't know it very well in reality. To this end, I've been thinking about if it could be apart of this RP, but since this is runned by myself who doesn't know the movie very well, I feel like it would just go over my head. So.......

I'm going to say no, no Pocahauntus characters because it's just too unfamiliar to me to know how it would play out in this story. I'm sorry to say that, but if I don't know it very well, then I can't see it being apart of a story I run. Maybe in the future I will learn more and accept it, but for right now, this is my verdict.

Ok. I was also thinking of doing either Frollo from Hunchback or possibly Gaston.

Do you have any character choices besides Frollo and Gaston? (I don't want to spoil plans, but villains are going to appear later after introductions, and I'm mainly controlling villains, so yeah, any other ideas that aren't Frollo or Gaston? As they may or may not be already planned to appear in a different format. Like I don't mean to be rude, but I have plans for some characters in the works. Maybe think of a villain that I wouldn't think to use. I have already thought about villains who are related to the characters already accepted for the RP, and a couple others like possibly Frollo. So yeah, any other villain that I haven't thought about will do)

How about a guy who is a mix of Barbosa and Black Beard from the Pirates of the Caribbean films?

Now that is an interesting take, I would definitely accept Pirates characters into this story because I know them (except I haven't seen the fifth movie yet) and I, myself, wouldn't RP as one of its villains, so yeah, totally, go for this idea of yours, and I will most likely accept it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back