• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Untold Stories of Hogwarts - 1x1 HP RP

“You…” admitted Aaron with a chuckle. “And yes! You did,” he replied to the teasing with a nod. “It was a brilliant performance lad!”

Xavier smiled in victory. "Yep" He said with a small laugh. "I'm glad I impressed you. Now you know what you do to me each time I watch your quidditch matches" He added softly. "Thank you, I'm pretty good aren't I?" Xavier never usually stroked his own ego, but he couldn't help it this time.

Aaron blushed at this comment and smiled sheepishly. “Aww stop it you,” he giggled. “And yes, you’re very very VERY good!” he told his boyfriend.

Xavier had gone home that night with Aaron, and had taken a hot shower before relaxing and celebrating with Aaron on his duel win. The weeks passed, turning into months. Xavier had made it to the semi-finals in his first season of dueling, but had been knocked out of the running. He had been upset, but vowed to work harder than ever for the next season. Months flew by and there were months that it was just Xavier and Princess and then they'd all be together for a while before it was the two of them again. Xavier had gotten used to Aaron being gone and learned to relish the time they were together. Though, as the first year passing bled into the second, Xavier started to wonder if they should get a place closer to Scotland not only for Aaron but so he could travel to Hogwarts if he did become a professor and didn't have to move into the castle.

Eventually they made through both 2000 and 2001, now both of them were 21 years of age. Xavier had no idea when it had happened, but he was no longer considered a teen but full fledged young adult. He was happy with his life how it was with Aaron and Princess. He had no complaints with how his life was going. In fact, in early 2001, he'd made it to the championship duel, and had won. His failure the year before fueled him to make it. Not only did he make it, but he surpassed and won. He would be headed into this next season as the current champion and that felt really good.

It was early October, in fact it was the 8th of October 2001. It was late afternoon in their flat and Xavier was sitting on the couch, messing with some simple charms. He was a little bored so he did what he found fascinating to pass the time. Magic. Princess was curled up beside him on the couch, and he had one hand on her side and the other held his wand.

Things were only looking up for the happy couple of Aaron Hoskins and Xavier Collins. Xavier would continue to fair very well in his duels and eventually the next season rolled along for Aaron in the British Irish Quidditch League. The Montrose Magpies would again have an excellent year and when the playoffs rolled around, they performed brilliantly but unfortunately came up just short to lose out on the championship. Still, Aaron had a successful sophomore season in the league after an outstanding rookie one in the year prior. As for Xavier he only seemed to further establish himself as an excellent duelist in the United Kingdom. Both boys were on the right track- Aaron to be resigned to another contract and stay in the professional Quidditch league, and Xavier to eventually get the soon to be vacant spot as Hogwarts’ charms professor once Flitwick left.

Two years passed and now it was 2001. Both Aaron and Xavier were now twenty one years old- essentially full adults. If they were in the United States they could now drink. Life couldn’t be better if you asked Aaron. He admittedly never fully warmed up to their dog Princess, but he’d never admit that to Xavier. Still, Aaron enjoyed the off seasons being home with Xavier. But now that they were older and had been dating for a good few years now, Aaron at 21 was finally ready to take this special relationship to the next step. Yes, he was going to carry out with the plan he had been plotting for months and even years. He was going to finally propose to Xavier and ask for the love of his life’s hand in marriage. It was a nice October 8th day in 2001 and for Aaron, he still had some time before he had to report to Montrose in Scotland for training camp. He was eager to get back to the pitch after coming up short for the championship the past two years but of course he was happy to get to spend some more time with Xavier.

Today though, it was the late afternoon and he and Xavier were chilling out in their humble little flat in London. The dog Princess was curled up next to Xavier on the couch and Aaron had just finished taking a shower. A few weeks ago, he had made a very large purchase. The purchase in question was buying a beautiful silver ring- the one that Aaron hoped to eventually propose to Xavier with. He’d used his Montrose Magpies contract pay out money to do so and was reaping the benefits of being a professional athlete. Tonight he had plans to finally ask the question to his boyfriend. He wanted to plan a nice dinner to set the stage for him to propose. Taking a deep breath after getting dressed and drying his hair from the shower, he stepped out of the bathroom and their bedroom and went to the main room in the flat. There he saw Xavier looking bored and doing some simple magic to pass the time.

“Hey babe?” Aaron asked, trying to get his boyfriend’s attention. “Why don’t we go out to dinner tonight?” he suggested. “I wanna treat you to something special,” added Aaron. He certainly had the money to do so having been a professional Quidditch player for the past two years now. “Plus I’m hungry for something good- maybe like Italian food,” he said. Aaron really hoped that Xavier would say yes. He didn’t really see any reason for him not to.

Xavier had been messing with the basics when his attention was drawn over to Aaron. He dropped the pillow he’d been levitating and looked over. “That sounds like a great idea love” Xavier agreed, getting to his feet and stretching. Princess looked at him before laying back down. Xavier looked down at his outfit before he looked back up. “Let me just get something a little more appropriate on.” Xavier said with a smile.

“Italian sounds good” he called behind himself as he walked into their bedroom. He changed into a nicer button up and nice pants before grabbing his black jacket. He walked back out and smiled. “I’m ready whenever you want to go love” Xavier said, smiling at Aaron.

Aaron had already dressed semi-nicely but nothing too over the top. He didn’t want to give any of his intentions away. He smiled and nodded as Xavier agreed to his idea, watching as the pillow he was levitating dropped and he went to go into their room to get dressed and ready for dinner. It was earlier than he thought they would be doing this but honestly he wanted to get it out of the way sooner rather than later. He couldn’t wait all night with there being a possibility that Xavier didn’t want this too and that he’d decline Aaron’s hand in marriage. He briefly thought back to their very first charms lesson back in the fall of 1991 during their first year at Hogwarts and how Xavier had helped him with the very charm he was so casually performing just moments prior- the levitation charm, Wingardium Leviosa.

When Xavier came back out, Aaron gave him a quick nod. “Great! Hold on a sec though.I’ll be right back,” he said, dashing into their room. He swiftly retrieved the little silver ring and placed it into his pocket, then emerging into the main room once more. “Ok, ready!” he said with a big grin. “Be good, Princess,” said Aaron as he turned to the dog and wagged his finger sternly at her. “I don’t want dog piss in my home,” he said rather bluntly. With that, Aaron took Xavier’s hand and left the flat.

Xavier smiled, nodding as he watched Aaron dart into their room, before coming back out. He snorted out a laugh as he heard Aaron scold Princess. "Aaron, she's been with us for two years and she hasn't yet. Will you be nice to her" Xavier said with a shake of his head. He took Aaron's hand and followed him out of their flat. It was a nice day, a little cooler but it was October so it was naturally going to be. Xavier was glad he'd brought his jacket as he looked over at Aaron. "Lead the way love" He told him, since he had no idea as to where they were going, but he was with Aaron and that was all he really needed.

Last edited:
“Yea I know but I’m not going to take any chances,” he replied as they left the flat together. Outside, the weather wasn’t bad at all. Aaron had picked out a nice Italian restaurant in town to go to and luckily since Xavier had agreed to dinner plans, he was able to lead the way there tonight. It was about a fifteen minute walk, which Aaron never minded. When they had finally arrived, Aaron quickly went in front of Xavier to open the door and hold it for him. “After you, sir,” he said with a charming smile.

Xavier shook his head at Aaron with a small laugh. He walked beside Aaron, letting him take the lead. He had no idea where they were headed but he was happy to be going out with him. When they reached the restaurant, Xavier blushed as Aaron opened the door for him. “Oh why thank you” He said, a smile on his face as he stepped into the restaurant. He could smell the different foods and it was making him hungry. He looked over at Aaron waiting for him. Xavier was more than willing to let him take lead on this.

“Of course,” he said with a polite little bow as he allowed Xavier to go forward and enter the establishment before him. Once he was in, Aaron quickly followed him inside. It smelled heavenly as the aroma of Italian cooking filled the air in the restaurant. Aaron looked over at his boyfriend and smiled, taking his hand and leading him over to a free table for two. Once he got there, he pulled out one of the chairs and offered it for Xavier to sit in.

Xavier smiled at Aaron as his boyfriend took his hand and led him over to a table. He blushed again as Aaron pulled out one of the chairs for Xavier. “My, what a gentleman tonight. Thank you love.” He said with a small laugh. Xavier sat down, his eyes looking around the restaurant but always finding their way back to Aaron. “I didn’t realize how hungry I was until we came in” Xaie said, turning to the menus that had been placed there. He glanced through making sure they had what he wanted before looking over at Aaron.

Aaron simply nodded his head and smiled appreciatively as his boyfriend pointed out what a gentleman he was. As they settled down and sat, the nerves began to set in for Aaron. He gulped nervously and tried to maintain his calm composure as he felt his heart begin to pound in his chest. He remembered exactly why he was here tonight- to propose. Aaron quickly nodded in response to Xavier’s comment about being hungry. “Oh yea! Me too!” he replied, looking around the room and beginning to bounce his leg.

Xavier tilted his head as he noticed Aaron was acting odd, for him. Xavier was a little confused and curious as to what had his boyfriend all weird. “Are you okay Aaron? I don’t usually see you bounce your leg like that.” He figured it was just Aaron being Aaron but he wanted to ask anyway. Aaron had always been a little excitable so Xavier just thought he was hungry probably. “You just so hungry, you can’t sit still?” He added with a little chuckle.

“Perfectly fine!” Aaron quickly replied, still smiling to hide any discomfort. He nodded, “Yea, just super hungry- that’s all,” he chuckled. Luckily a waiter came over to take their order. Aaron ordered a simple plate of spaghetti and meatballs- a classic dish that one couldn’t go wrong with.

Xavier shook his head with a laugh. Aaron loved his food, that was something Xavier had learned a long time ago. “I figured.” Xaie said. He waited for Aaron to order before he ordered himself chicken Alfredo. “Excited for the new Quidditch season babe?” He asked after the waiter left.

Aaron nodded, “Very,” he said, his heart still racing and his mind very much still on how he would propose to Xavier exactly. He could feel the ring in his pocket. “Should be a good year,” he replied.

Xavier smiled over at Aaron, his chocolate brown eyes watching him. "I think you guys will make it to the championships this year." Xaie said. "You've gotten so much better over the last two seasons." He added. Xavier looked at Aaron, he'd been trying to find the time to bring up moving closer to Scotland but he kept chickening out. Maybe one day he'd bring it up. He was sick of missing Aaron when he's gone and it had started taking its toll on Xavier. He was getting used to it being just him and Princess for weeks and months and he hated it, so much. Maybe he'd bring it up when they get home after dinner. That would be a good idea. "Princess and I will be cheering you on during each game" He said, which was true.

“Well that’s the hope of course. This year’s the year!” Aaron said, using his optimism about the coming Quidditch season to take his mind off of his nerves. His heart swelled with joy as Xavier complimented him on his skills. It was another reason why Aaron knew that this was the guy he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. It’s exactly why he was hoping to propose and marry this handsome man in front of him. He let out a chuckle as Xavier said that he and the dog would cheer him on during his games. “My biggest cheerleader,” he said with a loving grin. “If you weren’t such a bloody good duelist I’d say you should take up cheerleading- if the Magpies even had a cheer squad,” he joked.

Xavier smiled, listening to Aaron's ever present optimism. "You guys definitely got it this year" He said. Xavier was happy with his life as it was. He had Aaron, he had Princess and he had his dueling. After this dueling season ended, he planned on applying to Hogwarts as a Professor. Flitwick had told him that 2001 was going to be his last year and Xavier knew he had to jump on the chance immediately. "I'll be your cheerleader at home dear." Xavier laughed, his smile wide. Yeah, his life was pretty great right now.

“I- I’m glad,” said Aaron quickly, cracking another uncomfortable smile. He swallowed thickly as his heart began to pound into his throat. He was never going to actually propose if he didn’t do it right in that moment. Now was the time to ask the question. His heart beating at a million kilometers per hour, Aaron got up from his seat and walked over towards Xavier. He gently took his boyfriend’s hands so that now Xavier was standing too. Once Xavier was standing, Aaron dug through his pockets to retrieve a shiny silver ring. He then got down on one knee and took Xavier’s left hand, holding the ring in his other one. “Xavier Collins, I love you more than I can even put into words,” he began, “Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?” Aaron asked, finally proposing to the love of his life.

Xavier smiled over at Aaron. He glanced around the restaurant before he looked back at Aaron. He tilted his head in confusion when Aaron got up and walked over to him. He let Aaron pull him to his feet by both hands and then Xavier's world collapsed into just them. Aaron had gotten down on one knee, holding Xaie's left hand and in his other hand was a beautiful silver ring. Xavier felt his heart pounding against his chest as he listened to Aaron. Aaron wanted to marry Xavier?! Did, is this really happening?? Xavier felt his free hand go to his mouth, tears in his eyes. His brain had frozen and it took a moment for it to restart. "Bloody hell, I- I can't believe.. Yes! Yes Aaron Hoskins, I will marry you." He finally managed to get out, tears of happiness trailing down his face. He was over the moon right now, and it was just them as always, everything else fading into the distance.

Last edited:
Aaron’s heart threatened to burst out of his chest it was pounding so loudly and so intensely. He stared into Xavier’s brown eyes with his hazel ones, looking into them with love and passion in his gaze. He wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of his days with this man. He wanted to grow old with this man. He wanted to love him forever and ever. Aaron awaited an answer, hoping to Merlin that Xavier would say yes. He would understand if he said no, but it would certainly break his heart. Luckily for him, the heartbreak never came. Aaron’s hazel eyes widened. Xavier had said yes.

An instant sense of relief washed over the young man with light brown colored hair as his boyfriend and now fiancé had said yes to his proposal. Xavier wanted to marry him too! A large grin came across Aaron’s lips as happy tears threatened to form in his eyes as he felt an overwhelming amount of emotions. He could see that Xavier was now happy crying and he took the ring and gently slipped it onto his love’s finger. Aaron then stood up, still smiling, and wrapped Xavier into a tight and loving hug. “I’m so happy you said yes,” he said softly.

Xavier saw the grin come across Aaron's face. He felt the smile on his own face widen as he felt Aaron slide the ring on his finger. He didn't even get a chance to comment on how beautiful the ring was when Aaron wrapped him up in a tight hug. "I would never have said no. I love you too Aaron" He said, just as soft. His arms wrapped around Aaron, his fiancé now instead of boyfriend. He couldn't believe it, he was so happy and excited. He couldn't wait to tell his parents, they had known what Aaron and Xavier's future was long before the two of them had. He pulled his head back to look at Aaron with a smile. "I can't wait to marry you" He said, his eyes full of love for Aaron.

Aaron smiled hard, happy that Xavier was no longer his boyfriend but his fiancé. They were engaged, and although it wasn’t planned yet, he couldn’t wait for the wedding. “I’ve been wanting to do this forever,” he admitted with a little chuckle. “I can’t imagine not spending the whole rest of my life without ya, mate,” he told him. When they eventually broke from their hug and locked eyes, Aaron felt his heart flutter with joy as Xavier expressed his excitement to marry him. He was so glad to hear that. “I’m very eager to marry you too, lad. I can’t wait to take this next step into the coming chapter in our lives,” he replied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back