• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Untold Stories of Hogwarts - 1x1 HP RP

Xavier looked at Aaron with a smile. "You are not shrinking me love" He said, rolling his eyes playfully. He nodded, his head dropping onto Aaron's shoulder. "It's like we always talked about. You being a pro league Quidditch player and me working on my charms to become a Professor." He said. "We're really doing it aren't we?" He asked quietly. It was like a puzzle, all the pieces falling into place, clicking into where they fit to create the picture of their life together.

“Well I could…” he muttered quietly with a smirk. Maybe he’d do that so he could keep Xavier with him all the time even when he was away in Scotland or somewhere in England or Ireland playing Quidditch. But that rose many concerns. Xavier would certainly be easier to hurt at that tiny size and perhaps not hard to lose track of. It was dangerous but Aaron selfishly somewhat considered doing this for a moment so he’d never have to part from his love. Maybe he’d just use this as a threat to tease Xavier and nothing more. His thoughts turned though to their bright futures. “Everything seems to be going exactly as anticipated!” Aaron said with a big grin.

Xavier had spent the day lounging with Aaron and Princess. It was nice and peaceful. The next day true to his word, he made his way to the Dueling club and had officially joined both the club and their bracket season which started in October. His first duel was to be on October 8th. Xavier had come home that day, all excited and shared it with Aaron. Eventually though, Aaron had to leave again to go back to his Quidditch season, and it was just him and Princess again. This time Xavier was brushing up on all the charms he'd learned and practicing them at home. He was happy enough having Princess and his charms practice to keep him busy. He did end up leaving the job he'd taken so he'd have more time to practice.

The months slowly passed, and eventually Aaron came back home after the Quidditch season was over for the year. Xavier was happy to have Aaron back with him and it was the three of them again. Xavier spent more time studying charms now then he had in school which was saying something considering how much he studied back then. Their birthdays passed and both had turned 19 years old, Aaron first and Xavier after. It felt like once Xavier celebrated his birthday, the months flew by and eventually it was October. Specifically October 8th 1999. His first duel. He had to be there early and so there was no sleeping in for him today.

The sun streamed through the windows like normal, but Xavier had been too excited to really sleep and so he was up early. He dressed in simple clothes, tight fitting so he wouldn't be concerned about getting caught on anything. He had his wand in his pocket and he was ready to go. He had been up long before Aaron normally was. He walked over to the bed, gently shaking his boyfriend's shoulder. "Aaron" He said softly. "Babe, I gotta go" He added, with another gentle shake.

Eventually the year rolled on. Xavier had signed up and accepted the offer to join the dueling club, much to the happiness of his light brown haired boyfriend. Aaron had very much enjoyed his time in April having a break and getting to hang out with Xavier and their new dog Princess at home. Once his break was over, he was back to traveling with the team for the much anticipated playoffs, which the Montrose Magpies had qualified for easily. Aaron’s first experience in the playoffs was both enjoyable and very intense, as the play levels of all teams were ramped up ten fold. Unfortunately though, Aaron and the Montrose Magpies had come up short that year, eventually being knocked out of championship contention after a good hard fight and an exciting stretch of games. Despite this, Aaron wasn’t too discouraged and used this as motivation to get better and train during the off season and come back even stronger next season.

Aaron got to spend his whole summer with Xavier before the new Quidditch season started up. Although the season didn’t start until later in the fall, Aaron was required to report to practice and training as early as mid October. But the summer went by and it was just him, Xavier, and the dog Princess in their flat. Every day was great and Aaron very much enjoyed the calmness of just relaxing with his boyfriend and not having to be anywhere or do anything like playing physically exhausting and intense games of Quidditch. Eventually their birthdays rolled around and soon enough, both boys were now nineteen years old. The time had flown by fast. Before they knew it the month of October was already upon them.

It was now the morning of October 8th, 1999, the date of Xavier’s first official duel with the club. Aaron was sleeping in like usual and didn’t notice his boyfriend had gotten up much earlier than usual until he was eventually shook awake gently. Aaron’s eyes slowly opened as he awoke to see his boyfriend up and all ready to go. “Go?” he asked with a tired scratchy voice. “Wait!” Aaron said, beginning to fully awaken. “H- hold on! You have your first duel today, don’t you?” Aaron asked him. “Baby take me with you!” Aaron pleaded.

Xavier looked down at Aaron, smiling at the tiredness in his voice. Then it changed instantly as he began to wake up. "Yes I do. How quickly can you get ready?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "I've got to be there in an hour" He added, looking at his boyfriend. He would love to have Aaron there with him and smiled. "I would love to have you join me." He added, his eyes watching Aaron with a smile on his face.

Aaron’s hazel eyes widened as he quickly sat up. “I can get ready lickety split!” he declared as he hopped out of bed and took off his t-shirt, throwing it to the ground and looking through the drawers for something to wear. “I’m not going to miss my boyfriend’s first duel,” he told him. “Never ever ever. Wouldn’t miss it for the world,” he said as he picked out some clothes to wear. He seemed satisfied with his casual outfit and nodded.

Xavier laughed as he watched how quickly Aaron changed. "I'm glad that its my turn with a personal cheerleader" He said with a smile, holding his hand out for Aaron. It wouldn't take long to get there, it was only a fifteen minute walk to the arena. "I've cheered you on with your quidditch, now its your turn to be awed by me" he said, letting a little bit of rare cockiness come out. He tried to be humble, but with Aaron he didn't care. Not really.

He quickly slipped on some trousers and pulled a shirt up and over his head. Aaron was now ready to go. Aaron smiled and nodded. “I’m going to cheer so loud! Err- unless I can’t…. I dunno how duels work,” he admitted with a shrug, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. “How do I look? Good? This outfit ok to go to watch a duel in?” he asked Xavier. “I have no doubt you’ll knock my socks off today,” said Aaron with a grin.

Xavier really had no idea. "I think its supposed to be quiet until the end? I don't know myself." He smiled "You look great Aaron. Like always" He said with a smile. "Alright, I think its time to do this" He said, a little nervous himself. "Ready?" He asked, turning towards the bedroom door before looking back at Aaron. He was excited and nervous, but he was growing ever confident in his abilities, especially practicing all summer and reading the rules for dueling.

“Ok got it. I’ll keep my mouth shut and not embarrass you,” he chuckled. “Let’s go,” replied Aaron with an eager nodded, smiling and ready to leave. He approached his boyfriend and gave him a small kiss. “Are we using floo?” he asked curiously.

Xavier smiled "You don't embarrass me Aaron." He said softly. He smiled at the kiss, and then he shook his head. "If you're okay with it, its a fifteen minute walk to the Arena, just outside the main city" He said, looking over at Aaron.

“I’m always down for a walk! Keeps the blood moving!” Aaron said with an enthusiastic grin, always one to say yes to anything regarding physical activity. “Should be good to get your nerd body moving,” he teased, snickering as he jabbed Xavier in the stomach.

Xavier rolled his eyes at his boyfriend. "I'll have you know that I work out too you know" He said, nudging his boyfriend's shoulder. He led the way out of the flat all the same, and onto the sidewalk. "But, if I'm the nerd, what does that make you?" He asked with a laugh, looking at Aaron.

“I know you do. You’re a hunky nerd,” he grinned playfully. “My hunk of a brainiac boyfriend,” said Aaron fondly. As they left their flat and began walking, Aaron chuckled. “It makes me a super ultra attractive jock,” he replied with a smirk. “A muscular perfect male specimen,” he teased.

Xavier blushed, listening to Aaron and shook his head. "I'm a hunk, and you're the perfect male specimen?" Xavier laughed, looking at Aaron while shaking his head. "That seems a little biased on your part" He added playfully. "What if I was the perfect specimen?" He asked as they continued walking.

“Ok fine- you’re perfect too, I’ll admit it,” giggled Aaron with a playful grin. “And I just know you’re gonna show it today during this duel,” he said as they continued to walk and talk on the way to the arena.

He smiled at that. "I know. And thank you" He said. Eventually they made it to the arena, and here was where Xavier had to say good bye. "I'll see you after" He told Aaron, giving him a kiss and smiled at him. Then before he lost his nerve, he walked off and into the back side of the arena where the competitors go. He swallowed as he walked in. There was a curtain and on the other side was the dueling stage. He signed himself in and waited for the other competitor that he was facing to show. A few moments later he showed up and they were ushered to the stage. The announcer / referee for the duel stood on the stage while Xavier and his opponent were just off stage. "Our first duel of the bracket season for the British Irish Dueling Club is rookie Xavier Collins versus rookie Thomas Gracier." As their names were called, they climbed up onto the stage. "Now the opponents will bow to each other" Both men bowed to each other, wands out. "On the count of three, they will attempt to disarm, stun, injure or defeat their opponent. Whomever submits first is the loser" He explained. "One.. Two.. Three"

As they finally arrived at the arena, Aaron smiled as Xavier gave him a kiss but frowned slightly as they had to separate. “Best of luck out there, love,” he told his boyfriend softly before he watched Xavier walk off. Aaron began to feel nerves for Xavier even thought he wasn’t the one out on the stage and dueling. He hoped for the best for his boyfriend and quickly headed to the spectator seats. Aaron sat down in his seat and felt his stomach churn both with excitement and worry. The anticipation was killing him.

Eventually, a referee did come out and announce that the first duel would start, involving his very own boyfriend Xavier Collins and another rookie named Thomas Gracier. Aaron wanted more than anything for Xavier to show this guy who was boss and who was the better rookie. He listened as the ref explained what was going on and a brief bit about the rules. They seemed simple enough and Aaron understood enough about dueling from Defense Against the Dark Arts classes from Hogwarts to have some basic foundation. Aaron’s eyes remained glued to the stage, waiting for the duelists and in particular, his boyfriend to come out.

Xavier climbed out onto the stage, heart hammering in his chest. He faced Thomas with his head held high and wand out. They bowed to each other before the count of three happened. Then the duel started. Thomas immediately tried to disarm Xavier who managed to avoid it, taking a step back, before casting his own disarming spell, it sent his wand skittering to the side, and he tried to bind him before he could grab his wand but Thomas avoided it. Back and forth they went, one would disarm and try to stun only to to have the other dodge. Xavier was tired, and he'd been flown backwards twice, but he also sent Thomas back too. He got up again, sweat covering his brow. He clenched his teeth, and disarmed Thomas again, and managed to get him with a binding charm, which counted as stun and he could see the man's eyes glaring at him but a binding charm was hard to get out of, hence its name. "The winner; Xavier Collins. You move onto the next bracket duel" The announcer called, taking Xavier's arm and raised even as Xavier tried to catch his breath.

Aaron felt his heart leap as he saw Xavier come out to the stage with his wand drawn. He smiled, admiring how good his boyfriend looked in his element. He watched Xavier approach his opponent Thomas and now respectfully as was customary before dueling. They then began and engaged in their duel as the crowd watched on. Aaron was holding his breath the entire time as the two seemed to go back and forth. He had to hold his tongue and keep himself from shouting cheers for his boyfriend. But Xavier finally gained the upper hand after casting a blinding charm. This stumped Thomas and Xavier had officially won the duel, being declared the winner. Aaron was celebrating internally and overjoyed, smiling from ear to ear. He was so happy for and proud of Xavier. Winning duels would be huge for his credibility as a future professor of charms.

Xavier finally took the chance to look out into the crowd and saw Aaron there, with a big smile on his face. He was led off stage and given his next dueling date and sent on his way. It was very simple and he was sore from being thrown twice, but he was happy. He'd won his first duel and he felt the exhilaration in his bones. Xavier walked out of the backside of the arena, heading towards the front and waited for Aaron. He was more than ready for a hot shower and a nice cuddle session, perhaps with a movie if Aaron was up for it.

Shortly after the duel was over, Aaron quickly got out of his seat to go meet Xavier. He couldn’t wait to give his boyfriend a big tight and loving hug, holding him close, congratulating him. He walked out of the front and saw Xavier there waiting for him. A big smile came across his face as he ran to practically tackle him. “Xavier Collins! My duel winner!” he said excitedly as he wrapped him into one of his classic tight hugs, the line smell strong but not overbearing on Aaron. “You did amazing out there just like I said!”

Xavier laughed as he saw Aaron basically running right for him, and he was happily wrapped into one of his tight hugs. "Did I look bad ass?" He asked, his gaze locking onto Aaron's. "I made it to the next bracket, there are about ten more before the championship duel." His goal was to get a championship duel win before he applied to be professor but only time will tell if it will come true. "I had someone in the audience I wanted to impress he added.

“Uhh, YEA! Of course you looked bad ass! You looked so hot up there!” Aaron quickly replied. “I bet you’re gonna make it all the way to the championship!” he said with a grin. “And you certainly impressed that special audience member,” he told him with a little wink.

Xavier laughed. "Who's the perfect male specimen now" He said with a wink at Aaron. "That's the plan," He added, and it certainly was. He was going to work as hard as he could to do it too. "Did I? I wonder where they are" He teased, it was way too much fun teasing Aaron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back