• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The UnEarthing (Exalted 2ed)

Which Gaming Style You Like Best (need core book to answer)

• Vanilla Exalted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • And I'll Form the Head

• Outlander

• Project: Exalt

• Invasion

• The Solar Who Came In From the Cold

• Sorcery and Sorcery

• Walk the Earth

• Total voters
I've made some changes to the backstory to show that Renna lost her bid to win her freedom for her and her family. I wasn't sure how much Phyre wants about the actual Exaltation and escape, so I have left that part vague.

Well, my character (pending final approval, of course) is a performer/entertainer with some martial ability. I'm packing a powerful MA artifact to help me out in the fighting department, but I am not dedicated to that like a Dawn Caste with all Melee or Archery Charms. Renna is going to be a dedicated priestess of the Unconquered Sun, having seen her God only in her past lives memories.

No, she's a Zenith.

EDIT: I tried to link a video from the movie House of Flying Daggers, but the clip won't play here. Check out Youtube for it; its only 4 minutes long and shows off a major inspiration for my character Renna.

Alright, initial backgroud. Nothing as long but mainly because its late but I want to start getting something out there.

Vanos Roh was born initally as a slave in the pens outside of Nexus, eventually taken to be used for training by one of the Guilds various mercenary bands. His purpose was initially to be used only as a living training dummy, save that Vanos proved to have too much desire to live. After killing one mercenary and injuring several others even after beatings, Vanos was freed and instead incorporated into the mercenary company. For the next decade, Vanos would end up defining himself by his trade as a mercenary but more importantly he showed he had developed a talent for command.

His former master, Brog Erqua, had been the one to liberate the wayward slave intended only as training fodder. Brog had seen the fierce determination to live, but more so also realized he'd get more men injured if he didn't stop this right now. The company took Vanos in as a brother in arms, training him to be a warrior of some skill to better fight beside them. Unsurprisingly after that recruitment they could no longer bring themselves to buy more slaves to use as training fodder if only to honor the first slave they'd ever incorporated into the company. Vanos fought bravely and hard next to his fellow mercenaries, viewing them as the only true family he had to himself. Many were shocked by his capacity to fight and just how powerful of a warrior he was growing into if only out of sheer determination to survive and control his own fate. Brog and the other company officers started to groom Vanos for command. He lacked the national links or histories to be a hindrance to the leadership of the company.

Vanos rose throught the ranks of the company with surprising ease. Having learned to read and write, he started to study the nations of the East and Scavenger Lands. When Brog died in battle while working for one of the Hundred Kingdoms, Vanos seized control of the company. The other officers seemed shocked and some affronted at first utnil Vanos managed to save the company. They walked away with their money, able to fight another day. When Vanos took control of the company, he renamed it to show he was asserting control. This caused a bit of a schism with the company finally shattering into several separate mercenary bands. Vanos took his own men to seek out threat he deemed more worth of his time and effort to combat. He became quite well known for fighting the undead and Fair Folk when his company could be hired, though occasionally being hired by a nation Vanos found he favored.

This would eventually bring Vanos into conflict with Prince Nualith, a Fair Folk noble of terrifying skill and prowess. His company fought long and hard against Nualith's band of lesser Fae, managing to rout and damage them enough to merit the appearance of the Prince himself. Nualith was a terror that tore the the company personally, finally getting to Vanos himself. The Prince toyed with him, humiliated him before his own surviving soldiers as he taunted him about devouring them all after. It was only as Vanos was on the ground, staring up at the sun above that he experienced the vision as something changed his life forever. The visions was stunning but he felt an odd new sense of purpose. With renewed determination, Vanos stabbed the Prince with a cold iron dagger, injuring him severely and driving him away. The Prince was force to pull away and flee back to his Freehold to recover lest his own soldiers turn upon him and devour him in his weakness to ascend to greater power.

Vanos walked away from that with a new determination now, feeling a new path. He had been granted great power and he would use it to build a great army to stave off the challenges ahead. He renamed his company the Crimson Suns, changing their banner was well before setting out on his own mission. Using his own skills as a warrior and leader of men to begin aggressively expanding his forces to become a mercenary warlord in his own right. His mission demanded it of him to build this force. His own ambition to if necessary become a ruler of men to save those he could from the coming destruction.

A question about the Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style; are we going to be using the write-up straight from Scroll of the Monk, or the rewrite done by Plague of Hats? I have his version of the CMA on a Word file; if you'd like I can copy/paste it here. I'm good either way.

Delete, delete, delete......D...E..L..E..T..E..!!! (Death Note, Reference)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious about what information you want us to share with the others. Just a background and character pic? And we'll manage all of our characters through PMs? This will be the first game where I couldn't be nosy and look over the other players' sheets.

Speaking of character pictures, here is Renna.

felicia_zps8ec523f6.jpg

Phyre said:
Below are the modifications and/ or additions I would like for you to include.
  1. One Old Crow (Mentor 2) Sidereal Status is unknown to you at this time.
  2. Make sure to consider Abilities Dynast are trained in when choosing your own.
  3. The temple she serves in will not be the Temple of the Violet Lotus. Instead I would rather if you learned any Martial Arts from the Monk book to have gotten training from Crow. After your character is done I will create Old Crows Character as well.

Your temple is hidden though in the City of Abanor in East Treqe. The temple is hidden and the cult you belong to has several cells throughout the city-state of Treqe. Abanor once once a sprawling city that many sits in ruins. The northern most city of Eastern Treqe it has twice been overwhelmed by undead forces. The headquarters of your religious organization is based here. Parts of Abanor is currently being reconstructed and the surrounding region is guarded mainly by mercenary forces. The people here are miserable, crop production is poor, and frequently people disappear from the area.

Let me know if you are okay with the changes and additions.
Okay by me. I will have the character sheet for you shortly! ( :) )

Delete, delete, delete......D...E..L..E..T..E..!!! (Death Note, Reference)

I am looking forward to this game, too. For some reason, every time I make up a Exalted character with this MA style, the game fizzles quickly and I never get the chance to master the style and, more importantly, have fun with it! With luck, this game will break that trend. Also, my sheet is done, and ready for final review. Everything should be 100% on Renna.

I am hoping that it does not fizzle anytime soon. I wanted to create a game that is not as dependent on an entire group at all times. I don't know enough about the participants of this site, but I am hoping to create some waves along the way. ( :) )

FYI all Preludes will be conducted via PM (as to allow each player to share or not share the details of it with others.)

Cool deal. I look forward to seeing what kind of trouble I can get into with my character.

@Phyre, do you want me to take some time and design the manse that generates my hearthstone? Will it be needed at all?

Eh, go ahead. I'm picturing a tomb like the ones in ancient Egypt, but this one dug down into the rock of the mountain its built in. Maybe a guardian to protect the place, but nothing too much.

This thread is no longer being viewed by the Storyteller. If you have an interest in playing please see the game UnEarthing. Players this section is now for your use as a means to speak with one another that you might not want me to see. If you have problems with spammers or report them.

Thanks

Phyre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back