• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The underbelly of Ohnee city

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Ohnee Conurbation...
images.jpeg-47.jpg
Ohnee of dreams, Cartel city, Walled kingdom...
Known by a lot of names this city, probably the largest population in the known world resides right here Ohnee. Here's a map for reference...images.jpeg-48.jpg
The Ohnee Conurbation is everything within that gigantic wall, with farmland all the way to the city's wall with nobility and royalty living within the inner walls. It's a walled kingdom if any has seen it.
Ohnee is famous for many reasons but this story is more focused on the underbelly of Ohnee...
Cartel city, gang-town, Ohnee prison. Crime runs rampant within Ohnee.
From the corrupt nobles scheming against each other to the street rats stealing food to survive.
There is many factions within the walls and despite the king's effort much of Ohnee is cut up into territory controlled by families, factions and gangs.
One of the bigger problems plaguing Ohnee revolves around unlicensed Alchemists and the drugs they peddle.

Only proper Alchemists and doctors should be trusted to craft medicine, tonics and the like... Though the conurbation has long suffered from illegal brewers crafting god knows what out of who knows what. Alot of these drugs are dangerous with the worst cases resulting in sudden death and the most extreme end up transforming into a insane monster man hybrid...

In the world of Alchemical concoctions and mixtures, the lowest quality of Potion is known as "dirtwater" often brown in colour with minimal if any effect.
The decent stuff is known as "coloured" red, blue, green, purple etc... depending on the brewing process and ingredients the potions will retain clear vibrant shade if held to a source of light. Most brewers and alchemists sell these for a good fair price varied by the effects of said potion.
The best stuff one can buy is known as "Crystal" thanks to its looks and prices.

However there's been rumours of a new sort of Potion in the lands of Fiefar.
These potions have started to pop up in Ohnee and they have caused the influential to sit up straight and take notice.
The people who've seen it or drank one themselves call these potions "Glow" quality. It's something else entirely...
Man drank a Glowing potion of health, regrows his eye that was cut out five years ago... can now see you perfect.
Kid drank a Glowing potion of fire, was shooting flames out his eyes mouth and hands for days... kids fine, had to be arrested though.
Woman drank a glowing potion of something and can now speak to the dead apparently... rumoured she fled the Conurbation to live in the wilds.

Either way change is starting to wash over Ohnee, as a criminal floating about in this mess you need to ride that wave of change. Lest you be pulled down below the depths to feed monsters or drown.
=================================================================================
It's a medieval fantasy affair, set in and around the Ohnee Conurbation. Its literally Ba sing sae in all but name but that's not important. The overall plot is about a bunch of low rank sorts working there way up to become major players in Ohnee. These low rank sorts would be our characters and they end up working with the Brewer who makes Glow.
Should you want to play you would be making a criminal arriving in or living within Ohnee.

To help the process here's some suggestions...
A street rat pickpocket, there is countless of these.
A mercenary turned thug, anyone confident in a fight can be a thug.
A child of a noble, unfortunately from one of the smaller clans not one of the big important ones.

Magic and monsters serve a purpose in this world. Magic working like it does in most of my fiction,
Everyone is born with a mana type to allow that kind of magic.
Fire mana = fire magic
Force mana = telekinetic magic
Transparent mana = invisibility magic
Said mana can be anything, point being each indvidual only has one type.
No one is born with fire mana and water mana for example.
Some races have set mana types or different magic in general. If you plan on a non human character i can fill you in.

Monsters being dangerous creatures with magic abilities/traits to them. Monster parts are used in crafting magic items and potions. A horned wolf has thunder mana, its fur has a resistance to electricity and its horn can be made into a electric weapon etc etc

Hoping for a player count of four or five.
post requirements is a paragraph or more twice a week but yall can write more if everyone can participate.

ask questions or show enthusiasm below

Last edited:
If one more person throws a hat into this then ill make a cs page.

For those waiting, got a rough idea of what you wanna make?
Im happy for two characters per player. Though these folk aren't big shots in this city...

To put it simple, If it was a video game the cast aside from the Brewer/glow guy is all under level 10 where the level cap is 100

If one more person throws a hat into this then ill make a cs page.

For those waiting, got a rough idea of what you wanna make?
Im happy for two characters per player. Though these folk aren't big shots in this city...

To put it simple, If it was a video game the cast aside from the Brewer/glow guy is all under level 10 where the level cap is 100
What sort of faceclaims would you prefer we had, non-realistic or etc?

Whatever works so long as its human, I prefer art but photos are ok

Okay cool, I think I know what kinda character I'm thinking of having

Last edited:

Expressing my interest!
Okay cool, I think I know what kinda character I'm thinking of having
Interested!
Have at it. Anyone else wanting to play should feel free to make a cs aswell.

I'll try and post my sheet quickly but I make no promises

Last edited:
I'll let people know when there's no room.

If you wanna play make a cs

I've got a thought for a human.... Healer (non magical or non alchemy) with telekinetic mana... Who's a former mercenary (with 16 years of experience) working as hired muscle... With no particular patron at the moment. But for the right price he will work for you.

Yea that fits, will have to say you can't go full darth vader force choking any and all threats

Last edited:
Bump bump bump
Rp has started but ohnee is a big place and can have more players.

At the moment two more characters are good to go providing the players are fine coming into the story late or when the beginning arc is over. These characters would either already be working for Whyro or a associate of someone already recruited.
Which is why them cominginn requires merged backstory or joining after arc 0.

Ask questions if you wanna learn more or plan something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back