• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Unclaimed Wilds [CLOSED]

Rerri

Intro Info:

I'm just using this thread to sort of practice making Interest-checks and my own RPs. I may or may not play it, depending on how much interest is expressed. If someone really wants to make this happen, I would gladly set things up and let them GM, or co-GM this RP.

I should also note that, while there are several races and classes listed below, anyone can be anything in this RP. Just not everything. Let me know below if you have any questions.

Adventure, survival, battle! - Welcome, Explorers!

Civilization is at an all-time high. After millennia of bloodshed and battle, hardship, famine, plagues and just general devastation, Eternia has finally achieved stability and order. The world, for the most part, has been tamed.

Oh sure, the occasional war breaks out every now and then, and diplomacy and politics will always lead to bitter feelings amongst some people, but systems have been put in place to ensure that civilization as a whole continues to prosper with no threat of relapse.

The problem is that while most of the world is settled, with stable governments in place, there exists a rather large landmass of unexplored territory, full to the brim with monsters and uncertainty, not far from the shores of Eternia, known as The Unclaimed Wilds. For centuries, explorers have landed on its shore in the hopes of being the one to crack its secrets, find a way to put a stop to the scourge of beasts it seems to produce, only to fall prey to its many evils.

That's where you come in! The Council of Elders, the committee representing all the nations and races of the world, has offered a sizable reward to any and all explorers willing to travel to this land and complete two objectives:
1. Scout a sizable territory and create a detailed map of it and...
2. Thin the hordes of monsters there to allow for further expeditions to take place.

You can't do this alone. Parties of explorers will be formed to ensure maximum survivability and exploration in the Unclaimed Wilds. Powerful magic, destructive technology, wits and bravery - you'll need everything you can bring if you want to survive. Do you have what it takes to brave the wilds? Will your skill, your magic, your might be enough to protect you here? It may seem normal at first, even tame, but darkness lies within the thick jungles of this island, and things sinister and old lurk deeper still.

Classes/ Races:

The main classes:

Learned Magic - Pretty self-explanatory. Learned Magic is magic learned from years of hard study. It can be spells, rituals, potions, etc. Many use wands or staffs to focus their magic, but it's not required. This type of magic is not as powerful as Bred Magic, but it's much more diverse and generally useful.

Bred Magic - This is innate magic, unique to an individual's bloodline. These magic users can do/ control one or two things really, really well. But that's it. And their affinity prevents them from using Learned Magic. They usually come from long lines or clans of Bred Magic users.

*So whereas a Bred Magic user might naturally be able to control fire, raining down hell upon any opponents they might face (after years of practice), a Learned Magic user could do an assortment of things, from levitating small objects, to super-growing plants, to making unclean water potable.

Tinker - High intelligence craftsmen. These inventive people can forge weapons and tools for any purpose. they have to have a power-source, which usually means steam or Starstone, a rare earth gem coveted by dwarves. Tinkers have been known to make incredible sets of armor that move by themselves, weapons that can shift and change into different weapons to serve different purposes and much, much more. Sadly, they rarely reveal their secrets, so the technology is often lost to the world after their deaths.

Warrior - Tough as nails, these folk are trained to use all forms of weaponry and will be given first pick of the party's weapon finds. Hard-hitting but agile, they can bob, weave and wear armor. If supplied with enchanted weaponry and armor, or clank technology (including firearms) they can be a force to be reckoned with.

The main races:

The world is a buffet of different races that all live in relative harmony with one another. There are a few, however, that are more numerous and have more control over things than others. These 'Primary Races' are the ones represented on the Council of Elders. They are:

Human - Jack of all trades, master of none. Humans have the largest population out of all the races and have generally seen achievements in all fields. They tend to wage wars a lot, and have some large militant settlements even in modern times.

Dwarf - Short. Sturdy. Hearty. And darn good with machinery. They're master of making 'clank' (steampunky) technology. And out of pure spite for overplayed tropes, they're best friends with the elves, historically.

Elf - Tall, pale with pointed ears. Elves have natural affinity for magic, and tend to produce numerous magical masters from both schools. Many clans of Elves devote themselves to the study of magic, and they are most well known for having incredible healers.

Dragonfolk - While they still roamed the world, the dragons lived in Igniria alongside settlements of humans, who very slowly absorbed their residual magic and learned their tongue. After millennia of weird evolution, these people are humanoid, but scaly, winged, and have red, yellow, orange, or purple eyes. Huge affinity for bred magic.

Wicca - Like humans but generally a little shorter and with distinctive white pupils and very colorful iris. They always have jet black hair and darker skin tones. Masters of learned magic, Wiccans were once feared for the strange and powerful things they could do and the rituals they performed. There was a lot of burning happening at stakes. We don't talk about it anymore... Many sects of Wiccans study monsters and monster physiology. Some can tame and summon monsters. Others can raise "shadows" of the dead.

Nymph - Colorful, all female, beings attuned to the energies of nature. Expect their skin and eyes to somehow reflect their natural environments. These creatures are almost always bred-magic users. A nymph without nature magic is an outcast. How do they reproduce if they're all female, you ask? Life finds a way.

*While these are the primary races that inhabit the world of Eternia, there are dozens, if not hundreds of sub-races that are wither very rare in modern society, or are considered similar enough to one of the primary races to act as a kind of sub-government within that races nation/ kingdom. So if you want to be something different, just describe it well in your CS!

**There are also rumors of intelligent creatures inhabiting the Unclaimed Wilds. If you want to be a villain, go for it! you could be any number of monster-like races (Phantom, wraith, ogre, troll, beastman, etc.).

CS: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/unclaimed-wilds-cs.350027/

Last edited:
After posting, I realize that this is kind of long and over-informative. I may make another page later to separate the general information from the specific class/ race info. I won't make a CS unless I get enough responses to this thread.

What kind of picture

Anything really. Anime, deviant art, google images. As long as it gives a close-to-accurate indication of what your character might look like. And if you can't find one to do your character justice, a text description would be just fine. We all have imagination here!

Anything really. Anime, deviant art, google images. As long as it gives a close-to-accurate indication of what your character might look like. And if you can't find one to do your character justice, a text description would be just fine. We all have imagination here!

Hey, I'm pretty interested, but I was wondering if I can have an antagonist? Somebody who is trying to stop the explorers maybe?
Edit : didn't see your last post
Can we play two characters ? Cause i have some pretty interesting ideas in mind for this.

Oh, and just wondering, but could we have different groups of explores and have them compete with each other or do all the heroes have to be in one group?

Here's what the character sheet might look like. Is there anything I'm missing or could add to make it... better?
* - indicates an optional category.
**You don't have to stick with the classes I listed, but you should try to have one 'specialty,' so to speak. Over time I wouldn't be opposed to class overlap, so that there could be warrior mages, tinker summoners, etc.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to someone/ some people being natives to the island. A kind of intelligent monster race, if you wanted to be a villain.

Appearance (Picture preferred):
Name:
Race:
*Gender (if applicable to race):
*Sexual preference:
**Class:
*Backstory:
*Etc./ Other important information:
The only suggestions I have would be, perhaps, a section for skills and magical abilities, strengths and weakness and maybe personality? I guess it depends on how much each player wants to reveal about their character before the start, but I feel like listing someone's skill and abilities is important. It keeps things organized.

Whatever you want though, you are the GM after all.

q r o w q r o w
Two characters are totally allowed!

Ghost Toast Ghost Toast
And yeah, that sounds like another good way to add conflict and intrigue! The way I imagine it, the Unclaimed Wilds will have quite a few explorer groups spread out across it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back