• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Trouble of Fate

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Hailey grinned. "Okay, well we're going to have makeshift not pads because that is part of the fun." She starts, thinking of what the first topic would be as she moved to get three sheets of pepper for each of them and something to draw on. She came back and say in front of him, having grabbed three colored pencils and two normal pencils. She laid the pencils down between them. "Alright, so it really does make it more fun when we're about this far apart." She says, going back to her original spot with their knees touching. "Because we are so close and we aren't allowed to see each others drawings until time is up. But we can sit however we want, as long as we stay this close." She handed him three sheets and the hard surface. "These pencils are your options. Normally you would have to choose one to use before you know the topic, but since I'll know the topics then I guess I'll let you know too." She pulled out her phone and pulled up the timer, setting it for ten minutes. "Our first topic is...a flower or boquet, with as much detail as possible." She says before starting the timer and grabbing a regular pencil.

Mike listened closely, his heart pounding a little more as she went back to her place, he took what she gave him and a pencil. A flower or bouquet? He was sure the flower would be the easiest, but he would try the bouquet instead, he nodded at her. As she started the timer he started to place the pencil to paper, careful to keep the picture in his head. He had the outline first so he would have to just fill in everything.

As the timer went Hailey opted on a boquet. She loved flowers though roses and lilies were her favorites. She was in the process of filling in her boquet. She tried not to glance to him at all to see how he was doing. With sitting so close they had to hold their notepads at a weird angle in order to draw but also keep Mike from seeing or her from seeing his.

But all too soon that ten minutes was coming to an end and the timer was going off. Ten minutes wasn't bad she knew, but she would have liked more time. She sighed and reached over to stop the timer. "Alright. Let's compare." She says with a grin.

Mike looked up when the timer went off, he had his outline and was filling in the flowers, the bouquet was nearly done. He had a few details he omitted for the moment, but the flowers were easy to note as to which they were. A few lilies and daisies surrounding three roses. He looked up at her and showed her his drawing, "I wasn't done yet."

"That's the point." She says with a grin and then she looked to his. She smiled even more and looked up a moment before looking back to him and showing him her drawing. It was a boquet of roses and Lillies mixed together in a vase. They were all lightly shaded in, but only half of it had additional shading to make them seem more realistic. "You got pretty far with yours though." She adds, looking over his. She liked what he had been starting.

Mike smirked at her as he looked at her picture, "I don't know, the basic outline you did of everything seems more put together." he smiled, thinking that maybe it wasn't a bad game. He liked seeing her drawings, even if some were not as simple as this.

Hailey smirked a little and shrugged. "I've played this game multiple times before. Really overall I have the advantage in this game." She says with a grin. She put the drawing to the side, making sure it would be okay and then looking to her blank one. "Ready for the next one?" She asks him. "Or would you rather keep comparing?"

Mike shook his head, "I'll be more detailed next time." he challenged, knowing that he probably wouldn't be able to help what happened, but he got ready either way and waited for her to start the timer.

Hailey smirked. "Okay. This time..." She thought for a moment, biting her lower lip. Then she grinned. "Okay, this time it's a scene from a movie or something. But with a little of your own twist." She says, starting the timer. She was going to do the mad tea party from Alice in Wonderland, it make it like it had been abandoned for a long time.

Mike nodded and when she started the timer he started decided that he would draw something he had seen. He had seen a few posters but when he was smaller, his father took him and his brother Allen to see cartoon, he started drawing, it was a flying carpet with the background of the desert and the monkey on the carpet.

Hailey smiled a little and then began to draw. She got the outline of a table with a torn and stained table cloth and old broken tea sets. It sat in a clearing and all around was woods. In the sky was a moon but like a Cheshire Cat smile but with a darker twist. Then she started to work on the details and shading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike was doing better on this one, he was always a quick study, so he was on the carpet details when he stopped, the timer went off a second later. He looked at Hailey and smirked, "What did you do?"

She turned it to show him. She had gotten all the outlines and shading done and had been working on the more intricate details of all the tea sets. "What did you draw?" She asks, wanting to see what he had decided on this time."

He showed her his drawing it was nearly done, except for the carpet, "I did something easy." he said, the details on the fur were going to be the last thing but it was better then before, "I see how this works now."

Hailey laughed a little and then looked at his drawing more. She loved that movie. It was probably one of her three favorite animated movies. "I love this one, though I liked your other one too." She says. She pulled back a little and smirked. Then put her second drawing down on top of her first. "You ready for the third round? It's going to be a hard one." She says.

Mike smirked, putting the drawing aside as he started to think of how to go faster and make sure to get as much detail as he could. He looked at her and smiled, he liked this game, but he liked playing it with her much more. She was nothing like Amy, when it came to art. She understood how much he liked it, she liked it too. "Ready."

Hailey smiled. "Okay, I think this is going to be your favorite." She says teasingly. "For the third challenge we have to draw eachother. You know, I draw you, you draw me. It doesn't have to be how we are sitting now, it can be in anyway, just as long as it is of eachother." She says with a grin. She reached over to her phone. "Good luck." She says with a grin before pushing start.

Mike smirked and thought for a moment before he started drawing, this was going to be a little easier. He decided the easiest way to do it was to just do a portrait of just her head to her shoulders. He recalled when he bumped into her, when he left the office and decided that would be the picture. He started the drawing of how she looked when she fall and smirked to himself. He kept drifting to a few other times he had seen her but that didn't matter it didn't divert him.

Hailey wanted to do something of him from a time she had seen him in a way different then from how everyone else had. At first she thought of his concern when he caught her earlier crying. But for this she decided she was going to draw him as he was now, in concentration and doing something he liked. She smiled and started to draw.

Mike found it much easier for his hand to move over the page, he was on her eyes and paused, smirking, before he continued. He was sure that there was something he was feeling and that was the point on Saturday. To try and get those feelings out, to be away from them. He didn't want to push her and he didn't want to lose a friend like her. So he was going to remind himself about who he was before and hopefully the next time he saw her after that, he would be able to hide his feelings better.

Hailey moved her pencil over the page with ease. She liked drawing people, she was decent at it too, and this was no different. She glanced up to him and smiled a little as she looked down to the page. She had gotten his head down to about his chest done by the time the timer was going off. She was almost embarrassed to show him though. It was really good, and she was afraid he may take it the wrong way. But...she just couldn't help herself from drawing him how she saw him.

Mike sighed when he heard the timer, he was faster then he had been, the picture was nearly done, he was just fitting the details of her hair when it went off, he looked up at her. "So, what did you pick?" he asked handing her the picture of how she looked when she fall. It was cute to him, he couldn't help but want to smirk but he wanted to see her reaction.

Hailey looked at the picture and smirked. "I see you've chosen one of my finer moments." She says, smiling even more as she handed him the one she had been drawing.

Mike smirked, "I thought it was a cute picture." he commented absentmindedly before looking at hers and tilting his head. He didn't expect her to draw him this way and he smirked, he thought it was still really good.

She couldn't help blushing a little at what he said. "Well it's a good drawing all the same." She says with a smirk. She leaned back a little and smirked as she watched him a moment. "So what now? Anything else or do I need to leave?" She asks, tilting her head to the side curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back