• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Trouble of Fate

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Hailey finished washing the pot and then dried it. She turned to face Mike, her arms crossed. She couldn't help smiling a little. "Why is it up to me? I would love to spend time with you. But you're the one with responsibilities." She says with a smile once Max and Mia had gone upstairs.

Mike smirked, "Then you want to stay? I hate to disappoint, but this is me. What you know at school and what you've noticed now, is my general existence." He half teased, but he was being honest, this was who he was. When he wasn't at school he didn't have much else in him.

Hailey grinned a little. "Yes I want to stay. And personally I haven't seen anything wrong with either version of you." She says, smiling even more. "Why would it disappoint?" She asks, genuinely curious.

Mike shrugged, "Most people have an opinion that I'm out of control in school and at home. I get in the mood to do things I want and not what I'm told, so they just think I'm one way." He explained, half thinking of telling her that Amy had the idea that he was more into himself the first time she saw him at home but decided to omit that part.

Hailey smiled a little. "I'm going to tell you what I think. I suppose if it makes you uncomfortable you can kick me out of your house." She says gesturing to the front door. She smiled again. "I think you're hard to get through to at first, and you're closed off. However you have done nothing but take care of me. You've done nothing but take care of your siblings. You take on lots of responsibility. You've been nice to me, you're nice to Miles and Isaac despite his jealous burst. Who cares if you're out of control and so far I haven't seen a bad outcome to you doing what you're in the mood to do." She says, smiling a little. Really hoping he wouldn't kick her out of the house.

Mike smirked at her, "Mia will take a while to let Max help her. I promised to help you relax, I can at least do that for a little while." He said, he liked the way she looked at it. "Let's start with something that you think will help."

Hailey smiled in relief, glad it didn't weird him out too much. She wasn't usually forward, but she couldn't help it sometimes. "Well I think we established I'm not very good at relaxing or letting things out." She says with a grin. She felt the urge to move closer to him, but that, she knew, would be too much. "But I suppose drawing helps me relax sometimes." She adds with a grin. "But maybe you could help me think of something else to help me relax?"

Mike tilted his head and smiled, as a thought came to him, "OK, come on, I think I know a project we can do that might help you." He told her, motioning hook to follow her as he started through the dining room and living room.

Hailey smiled as she followed him. Assuming he was just going to show her the drawing they had been working on earlier. "What do you have in mind?" She asks, she couldn't help smiling, curious.

Mike smirked as he opened the door next to the back door. Into the basement, he lead her, "Just something to keep you busy and do my responsible thing at the same time." He used going down the stairs. As he did he flipped the light on and smiled. He hasn't been in this room in years, but he knew his father would keep it up. There was rolls of white paper on a low table, that was just a few inches off the floor. The roll had a sharp end to cut the paper, behind the table were two more rolls and beside it were stacks of paper. All different sizes, shapes and textures, "My dad collected all of these until I was about ten, five years before I even knew it was here. He pointed to the wall on the other side of the large rolls, there were trays of color pencils, marked, all kinds of paint brushes, crayons and oil colors. "This are the colors. " he stated then moved to the other wall with plastic see through locked boxes with razors, clothes and varies other things, "That art supplies I'm sure you know how to use. My dad and I are the only ones with the keys." Then he pointed to the for, the smooth tile was polished and would easily be good for the paper to rest on and not have to worry about bumps. "My dad and I used to draw on the floor, the tile is from my uncle's, designed to take a lot and easy to clean from marks and all the other stuff." He explained, looking at her, "So what do you think? It's not as big as it probably could be, bit should give us enough room to draw, as long as you don't mind the floor?"

Hailey couldn't help looking around at everything. "This is amazing, it's your own little art studio." She says, then finally she looked back to him and smiled. "No I don't mind the floor." She adds. "Are you staying down here to or do you have to go back up?" She didn't really want to be down here alone, but she didn't want him to feel like he had to take care of her at all.

Mike shook his head, "No, I'll be back, why don't you get a paper big enough to cover most of the floor and I should be back by the time you have it all ready."he assured her. He had to check on Mia and Max and then he would bring them down so they could all draw for a little while.

Hailey smiled a little and nodded, starting to understand she thought where he might be going with this. "Alright. Be quick." She says, she didn't like being alone, not that she would say that. She smiled again.

Mike was quick to help Mia and Max get ready before assigning Preston Dem duty. They went back down stairs to check on Hailey, Mia, Mike and Max.

By the time they were back down stairs Hailey had all the paper laid out and taped down. She had had time so she was in the process of organizing the colored pencils in rainbow order. She looked up almost sheepishly that she had been caught doing so, because she knew it wouldn't last more than five seconds, but then she smiled. "That was quick." She says, getting to her feet.

Mike smirked, "I'm well aware of my siblings habits." he stated, Mia and Max smirked, Mia jumped up to go to the side near Hailey. As Mike moved to her other side and sat on his knees, Max beside him, "Ok, so what should we draw?"

For whatever reason it made her happy Mike sat beside her. She really didn't understand why it made her so happy to have him around her at all, but then again she was the naive one. "Anything you guys would like." Hailey says with a smile, by way of answer.

Max shrugged and Mia smiled, "I want to draw a purple castle."

Mike just chuckled at her, "Well, then how about we all just draw something and connect them together, like a cologne."

Hailey grinned. "Alright, Mia how about you take this spot." She says and then she scooted into Mike playfully to move him down a little. "And we'll all move down a little and then we'll make a collage." She says, she decided that maybe she would draw a dragon.

Mike motioned for Max to move a little more over and smirked as he moved a little, "Sounds good to me." he stated and Max and Mia happily agreed. "Ok, so, Let's get started."

Hailey grinned and reached over for a green and black pencil. She waited to start drawing though until she saw what Max was wanting to draw. She didn't care if she messed up what Mike worked with because he wasn't a cute little kid, just cute...she paused. That was a very dangerous line of thought to continue with. She sighed a little and then looked to see what the others were doing

Mike smirked at her, seeing her wait, then looking at Mia, who already started and max was thinking of what to draw. Mike smirked as he turned back to Hailey, before he started to draw, his lines were smooth and seemed various as he made them.

Hailey watched curiously, she always liked seeing others draw. Seeing how they moved and how they chose to make something that she may do differently. She smiled and then moved forward a little to start her dragon slightly above the castle and everything else. She wanted to make it black, but the scales would have a slight green shimmer to them and the spines on its back and tail would go from black to green. And it would have bright green eyes too. Periodically though she found herself looking to Mike, wanting to see how he drew and what he was drawing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike lost himself in his drawing, his lined were dark and exact as he draw before he switched to lighter shades. he usually like drawing from dark to light, the picture was never clear until he was just about done, but he liked the way it all clipped in his mind.

Hailey's dragon was coming into view nicely, and she knew she could have spent hours making it detailed and as realistic as possible. But when she came out of her own little world long enough to get different shades of green she noticed that Mia and Max didn't seem to be taking as long as she and Mike and part of her debated whether or not to put as much effort into her dragon as she wanted. She grinned a little. Of course she would, she couldn't bear not to. As she made to move to go back to her drawing she paused to watch Mike a moment, tilting her head to the side a little to see what he was drawing. She would love the opportunity to do this with him with it just being the two of them. To have this much paper and each take a half and make a giant mural working together, but using their individual creativity. Maybe she would suggest it to him when they were done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back