• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Trouble of Fate

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Mike was holding on to Dem as she was on his lap, her head against his chest and he looked up at Hailey, "Thanks." he gave her half a smiled, before kissing Dem's forehead to let her know that he was still there.

Hailey smiled a little and set the bowls down on the bedside table. She wanted to stay, to help. But she didn't think Dem would appreciate that and so she turned to leave. She sighed a little and then moved to go back down stairs and join the others. Disappointed that she hadn't gotten to spend any time with Mike, but understanding his need to be the big brother right now.

Mike smirked as he watched Hailey go, that he wanted to go to her. He had told her that he would help her relax, but he hadn't done anything but used her as a babysit. he felt a little bad.

Once downstairs again Hailey began to eat more of her dinner, trying to finish it off or at least catch up to where the others were. She looked around at all of them, trying to think of something she could say to strike up a conversation for the remainder of dinner. "What kinds of things do you all like to do?" She asks.

Preston just shrugged, Max smiled, "I like playing baseball with Mike."

Mia smiled, "I like playing in my room."

Hailey smiled a little. She should have guessed all of those answers. She just smiled a little and looked back down at her food to finish off what was there. She looked around at all of their bowls to find that most of them were done with their food. "If you're done I can take your bowls?" She offers.

Preston handed her, his bowl, Max stood up and took Mia's bowl, "I'll help, Mike wouldn't want us to leave you alone to clean up after us."

Hailey shrugged and smiled. "I don't mind. I hadn't planned to be here for dinner or to be fed. The least I can do is help clean up." She says with another smile as she carried the bowls to the kitchen to rinse and either put in the dishwasher or clean by hand depending on how they did things.

Preston smirked as he watched Max starting to the kitchen, Mia smiled, "Can I help?" she asked, Max just rolled his eye, as Preston made sure the table was clear.

Hailey smiled a little. "Sure." She says. She went over to Mia and led her to the kitchen. "Here." She says, she picked her up and say her on the counter near the sink and on the other side of the dishwasher so she wouldn't be in the way of that. She looked to Max. "Is it okay to just rinse them and put them in the dishwasher?" She asks. The food would have to be put away but then she was sure the big pot used would need to be hand washed. She glanced back and saw Preston clearing the table. "Do you want help?" She asks him, after Max had answered her.

Max shrugged, "Sure." he said

Preston looked up as she asked and shook his head as he wiped down the table. Mia giggled, "Preston doesn't like help a lot of times." Mia told her kicking her feet out as she waited for what she had to do.

Hailey smiled and then looked back to Max. His answer was noncommittal enough that she wondered if it was really okay. "Can you get me a container to put the left over food in?" She asks him. Then she looked to Mia. "I'm going to have you put the food in the container, do you think you can do that without making a mess?" She asks with a smile. She would help of course, but she didn't know how else to let Mia help.

Max nodded as he went to get a container for the food, he didn't think that was a good idea, but Mia seemed enthusiastic about it. Mia smiled at Hailey, "I can do it." she assured Hailey.

Hailey smiled. When Max handed her the container she gave it to Mia and then she brough the pot over with the food. "Okay, here's what we're going to do okay? Scoot over a little." She put the pot between Mia and the sink. "I'm going to hold the container and you put the food in alright? Be very careful though. We don't want any mess." She says.

Max started on the dishes, shaking his head, this was a terrible idea. Mia smiled and nodded, "OK, we won't have one." She half promised as she got ready and did as she was told.

Hailey couldn't help smiling a little and then helped Mia some. She held the container as close as she could and she made sure that most of her actions were over the sink so any spilled food would go there and not the floor. "Slower okay?" she says gently to Mia and then smiled again. Luckily there wasn't much and she thought they might be able to do it without much mess at all.

Mia smiled at her and nodded as she started to put the food in. It went well for a little while before she flopped some in the sink. Mia pouted, "I'm sorry." She said looking down as she place the pot on her lap. Some of the food landing on Hailey's hand.

Hailey smiled a little and brushed the food from her hand off into the sink. "It's okay. See it went in the sink. We don't want to make any mess, but if you do, make sure it goes in the sink okay." Hailey says gently, giving her a gentle smile. "Let's try again. There is only a little left."

Mia smiled as she did as she was told, trying to make sure it went in the container or sink. When they were done she smaller and looked in the pot to make sure, "All gone."

Hailey smiled. "Good job." She says, putting the lid on the container and looking over. She almost laughed. In the time it took them to put the food away Max had all the dishes done except the pot. "Here put the food away, or ask Max to." She tells Mia, helping her down. "I'll wash the pot." She tells Max, putting it in the sink to clean.

Mia smiled as she got down and Max bite his lip, as Mike came in with a sigh, "Hey, what's going on?" he asked and Mia just smiled, Mike had a bad feeling about that.

Hailey glanced over her shoulder from washing the pot and smiled when she saw him. "Hey. We're just cleaning up. How's Dem?" She asks

Mike sighed, "She really liked him, but she stop crying. Preston is up there now." He told her as he saw, Max put away the food, "Thanks for the help, sorry about all this." He apologized.

Hailey grinned and shrugged. "It's fine. I got to know your siblings a little more. I can go home after this if you need to actually be responsible." She says with a smile. "I hadn't expected you to come down." She adds. She felt bad that he felt like he needed to deal with her and everything else.

Mike smirked, "It's up to you, Preston has Dem and Mia and Max have bed time in about two hours." He looked at Max, "Why don't you and Mia go get ready for bed and we can play for a little while?"

Max noded, "OK, come on Mia."

Mia went to follow Max as he reached for her hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back