• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tribe OOC

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The main premise of the RP is that we'll be playing as a tribe of people back in the stone/bronze age. The RP will be similar to a nation-building RP. That is, we'll play as the members of a tribe without a name. (The name of the Tribe will be decided later, in the RP) We'll be playing these members through out the history of the tribe through the ages.
Every week on Sunday I'll place a 'condition' on the tribe. That is, an advancement of science, a famine, an attack from a rival tribe, a baby boom, or a new tribal chief. There's other things that could happen, but as the Tribe will start with only basic tools, and basic knowledge, there isn't anything else that's fancier. I'll also have a list of the most important people in the tribe starting next week. With the '#1' person being the chieftain.

Will we be able to bring that tribe into the modern era, or will it crash and burn?

Official Roles of The Tribe:

1. Chieftain: Lothar Wolff - Heyitsjiwon
1a. Elder Council: (PM me if you want this role. Keep in mind, your character needs to be over 40.)
1b. Elder Council: (These characters are elected officials from the oldest members of the tribe.)
1c. Elder Council: (They advise the Chieftain in all things, and help him/her make the decisions.)​
2. Champion: Claire Madomis - WordArtist
2. Champion: (PM me if you want this role. Keep in mind, your character will need to be an adult. That is, 16+)
3. ???: (As the tribe becomes more and more advanced, more roles/spots will open up.)​
The names in the following list expressed an interest in this RP during the Interest Thread. They have first pick on creating a character who has one of the roles as listed above.

Current State of the Tribe;
Villagers: 26
Livestock: 4 pigs, 2 Oxen.
Latest Technologies: (Last 5 researched technologies.)
  • Sedentary Lifestyle
  • Tipi Huts
  • Animal Husbandry
  • Basic Stone weapons
Current Conditions:
(All times are adjusted for EST)
Fertile Lands:
All food production is 45% higher then normal. Animals are currently in mating season.
Starts: April 23, 2017 at 0:01.
Ends: May 13, 2017 at 23:59.​
Important Events:
  • Year 2, in the rule of Lothar Wolff, The Tribe of Wolves settles between the Red River and the Black River, these rivers form the Northern and Western Borders of the Village.

Last edited:
For those wondering, I'll be setting up the RP thread once everyone else has made their characters, which is also when I'll make my two characters.

Also, before anyone may ask, I have a rule of thumb to say "Have as many characters as you can handle peacefully, but if you want a limit... Then two."
That is, there is a soft limit to two characters per person, as this gives people variety enough that they wouldn't have with one character, but wont over run an RP with dozens of characters. But, if they feel they can handle more characters with out over running the RP, and PM me before making a third+ character, then they can.

So, we like, jump in whenever we feel like? Was surprised to see the RP's already started. Anyway was wondering about time zones, is there an exact or relative time where y'all are active?

How advanced is this village? It seems like we've invented the written language and archery (though we haven't invented stone weapons yet, for some reason). Plus, we're apparently training birds to deliver letters.

How advanced is this village? It seems like we've invented the written language and archery (though we haven't invented stone weapons yet, for some reason). Plus, we're apparently training birds to deliver letters.
Agreed, there seem to be some loose ends...At our stage I'd say we'd still be scratching at walls carving out badly drawn horses or whatever.....

At our stage I'd say we'd still be scratching at walls carving out badly drawn horses or whatever.....
Nah, we're most likely in the early Neolithic era. So we'd be a little more advanced, but we probably wouldn't be running around writing letters and training birds.

Nah, we're most likely in the early Neolithic era. So we'd be a little more advanced, but we probably wouldn't be running around writing letters and training birds.
Well, I still doubt that we'd be advanced enough to create early paper-like materials like papyrus or parchment, but you do have a point. I suppose I may have been exaggerating a bit...

There's evidence in some early Sumerian art and Egyptian hieroglyph that the training of birds was around since before training of dogs. The mostly were used as aerial scouts for hunters though... not really giving out messages.

Though yes, we are a bit early to have papyrus or parchment, I'm letting that par slide for a bit this time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back