• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Torn Banner

I like oros. A lot. Although I do have some ideas about the Estogan rebellion. After the Estogans forced the Orosians off their island, they began to build a navy, and called out their magic users, the mysterious Tidecallers. The Estogans lured the Orosian counter-invasion fleet to the rocky northern shore, where the Tidecallers dragged a large chunk of the fleet into the cliffside. The remnants being torn to shreds by the Estogan vessels. Using Orosian tech and their own know-how, their navy continued to grow.

After this battle, the Estogans would push the Orosians back, winning victory after victory on the seas, until the Orosians dared not leave port. Seizing the Orosian oil convoys from the West, Estoga was able to force Oros to accept a peace, granting Estoga independence. Ever since, the navy has only improved, as the Estogans are determined to never be humiliated like that again.

Plus, losing a fight might wound your pride enough to cause more interesting drama.

Oros had to lose one way or another for you to be freed, I like the way you portrayed this option though. It reveals just how crucial the oil imports are to the nation. Still, I have also hidden a few other ways to cripple the Empire, maybe even overthrow it, in my CS.

Oros had to lose one way or another for you to be freed, I like the way you portrayed this option though. It reveals just how crucial the oil imports are to the nation. Still, I have also hidden a few other ways to cripple the Empire, maybe even overthrow it, in my CS.
Yeah. I had no idea how I would have won until I saw the "dependence on oil convoys" thing. I thought it was perfect. I couldn't invade you and you would never give up unless I kicked your ass REAL bad on land, which I cannot do. Eh. Estoga's goal wasn't to overthrow you, although they would love to.

Welp, I'm just trying to save you from the "no" soon to come.

I have gone over every aspect of the sheet, it's all balanced in a way to make it more fun to deal with me.

As for the no, you seem to be the prime contributor on that front ^^

I have gone over every aspect of the sheet, it's all balanced in a way to make it more fun to deal with me.

As for the no, you seem to be the prime contributor on that front ^^
Yes, true about the no thingy, as a whole rp I was involved in had to "reboot" per say, so the rules are more important to me. I do see your point though, the army and giant empire combined with how spread thin it is, and how unstable the economy would be, it's pretty well planned out.

Yes, true about the no thingy, as a whole rp I was involved in had to "reboot" per say, so the rules are more important to me. I do see your point though, the army and giant empire combined with how spread thin it is, and how unstable the economy would be, it's pretty well planned out.

That was my entire reason for having the population so large earlier; 12 million is a sizable population for a medieval nation. 1 million isn't though, hence my slight displeasure.

Currently the Orosians didn't mention an economic downside to having very roughly 1/3 of their population enlisted. In fact, their markets are apparently well-stocked enough to garner foreign interest and envy.

Last edited:
It's an island landmass....

I was unaware of the general size of the island, it was never made apparent to me considering an island could be anything from 3 meters across to 3000 kilometers; afro-eurasia to the philipines.

Currently the Orosians don't mention an economic downside to having very roughly 1/3 of their population enlisted. In fact, their markets are apparently well-stocked enough to garner foreign interest and envy.

Much like the regular middle ages, few soldiers are constantly enlisted. When they're not at war, majority of all soldiers are at home, more often than not tending to farmland. Most of the nation's resources come from rich colonies in distant lands.

I was unaware of the general size of the island, it was never made apparent to me considering an island could be anything from 3 meters across to 3000 kilometers; afro-eurasia to the philipines.

Much like the regular middle ages, few soldiers are constantly enlisted. When they're not at war, majority of all soldiers are at home, more often than not tending to farmland. Most of the nation's resources come from rich colonies in distant lands.
Yea, it's supposed to be apart of a continent, so I'm not sure either.

Yea, it's supposed to be apart of a continent, so I'm not sure either.

I asked the GM to summarize anything important, but it appears he missed out on that part, that's unfortunate but it's just another thing we'll have to live with.

I asked the GM to summarize anything important, but it appears he missed out on that part, that's unfortunate but it's just another thing we'll have to live with.
Holman is double the size of the African country of Botswana.

Aye, I think 1,6 million people would be acceptable.
But it isn't necessarily fair to those that have already determined their populations if an exception is made for you. So we would all need to raise our populations to make this justifiable.

What colonies? Are you talking about areas off the playable map?

But it isn't necessarily fair to those that have already determined their populations if an exception is made for you. So we would all need to raise our populations to make this justifiable.

What colonies? Are you talking about areas off the playable map?

Pat, it feels like to me you view this more as a game than I ever did. I want to create a story and CabalAnomicPotato CabalAnomicPotato is aware of how I want to portray my nation to create such a story. That is why I encourage people to contact me so we can hash out something interesting instead of bickering about population size.

As for the colonies, yeah. They're off the map. Estoga used to be one, but then it rebelled.

Pat, it feels like to me you view this more as a game than I ever did. I want to create a story and CabalAnomicPotato CabalAnomicPotato is aware of how I want to portray my nation to create such a story.

As for the colonies, yeah. They're off the map. Estoga used to be one, but then it rebelled.
I'm fine with any story you come up with, but you aren't trying to do it within the confines of what's established in this fictional world. Stories and games typically have their own rules that are followed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back