• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Sweetlake Case - a Quiet Town Turned Murderous (OPEN)

GoldenSlime

"Is Satan a Beagle Puppy?!"

Welcome to Sweetlake

5617932734_85afb8c1fb_b-700x468.jpg

About
Hello and welcome to Sweetlake. The residents of Sweetlake would tell you, it's quiet. Not peaceful, just quiet. If you were to ask someone where Sweetlake is, they would most likely say they've never heard of it. It's just a little town out in the Middle of Nowhere, Kansas. But, when the sleepy town made it into nation-wide news, it suddenly gathered the attention of reporters, detectives, and, for some reason, tourists. Suddenly, the town was swarmed by media. Everyone in the town is a suspect. What made this little, out-of-the-way town such a spectacle, you ask? Well, six-year-old Jenny Thompson went missing. Her body was later found hanging from the ceiling of the local church, her body barely attached to her neck. A message or just a senseless murder? Perhaps there's more to come? But...who is the murderer? And why?

Rules
This is your typical mystery RP. I'll PM the killer. We'll all have to figure out who the killer is.
-Basic rules, no NSFW, keep it PG-13, no discrimination, no godmodding, etc.
-NO MAGIC POWERS OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT.
-Romance is allowed but remember the above rule ^^^
-Gore and dark themes are not only allowed but strongly encouraged, seriously please be ok with these things they're PART of an RP like this.
-If you're the killer, please don't tell anyone!
-1 paragraph+ per post, please.
-You can have 1-4 characters, just please be able to handle all of them.
-For the sake of...um....the plot, I will decide who lives and dies. Any characters can die, by the way. ;)
-RP drama is permitted and encouraged. OORP drama is not.
Roles
These roles don't all have to be filled, they're just some ideas I'm tossing around.
-Thompson Family: the family of the first victim (up to 5 characters):
-Mother/father, mother/father, child 1, child 2, and child 3. xD
-Group of teens who think they can solve the mystery better than the professional detective (up to 5 characters):
-Your typical slasher movie cast:
-Mary Sue
-Annoying character who's just there to distract you from Mary Sue's general lack of personality.
-Edgy kid (who's definitely not the murderer because reasons).
-Guy that everyone wants to get with (because reasons).
-Nerd.

-Detective (up to 2 characters):
-Detective.
-Detective helper??? (like Watson???)

-Storekeepers (infinite characters).
-Other Families (infinite characters).
-Tourists (infinite characters).
-News Reporters (infinite characters).
-Bad boy (up to 1 character).
-High school football team (you know, jock types) (up to 11 characters).
Links and Tags
Character Sheets
Relationships
OOC
IC

Last edited:
Taken from the op:

So, yeah, up to 4 (or, around 4) and I might even up that cuz I personally like to have multiple characters. ^^

Oh jeez sorry, it totally passed my mind to re-check the rules ^^" I'll get to finishing the sheets then, hopefully by then more people have checked out the thread!

I'd be up for joining too, this seems to be very organized and fun so I really hope it goes through

GoldenSlime GoldenSlime
So could I...like its not on the roles list...make a rebel/bad boy? or would that fall under your character as edgy?
If so, maybe I could play a bully/jock?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back