• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Set thousands of years into mankind's future humanity has not only spread to the stars but has also left behind the purely organic life we know today. the current man is packed with nanobots that allow for instant recovery, access to the summation of human knowledge, and a wide array of upgrades and implants that would make an individual modern man capable of bringing down the entire 21st-century earth by themselves. In this era mankind dwells on over ten thousand worlds, living in thriving post-scarcity cities where hundreds of millions live in clean comfort. However, even with all the advancements of the modern age life is not perfect within the human interplanetary empire. firstly we found out long ago that we are not alone in the universe, at least two other species exist that we know of, one being the Daterians, a race of aggressive AIs and machines created by an alien species they destroyed long ago. The resulting war between them and humanity would scar the psyche of mankind resulting in xenophobia that persists even today. the other aliens we have discovered are the Zudo, a blanket term for strange eldritch-looking organisms that dwell in the interstellar void.

You are among the bravest and most respected within the human federation of colonies. A Star Wanderer. One of the federation's most famous and difficult professions, you and a team of between five and nine like you travel the cosmos in a state of the are military research vessel. officially your job is to explore the newest planets discovered by the exploration department of the federation's military. unofficially you search for other forms of life, evidence of past civilizations, and uncover data on our enemies. you and your crew have been through a lot of crazy things, stuff that has pushed your gene-modded, cybernetically augmented, and biologically perfect body and mind to the limits and back. however, this current mission may well be the craziest to date. a small planet has been found on the other side of the galaxy, somehow it had been missed despite that area being closely monitored. it seems to revolve around a solar system that is a perfect mirror of our own, even the planet itself seems to be a copy of earth all the way down to the circumference, which is perfectly accurate even to the most dedicated of scrutinization.

You, your crew, and your vessel have been sent to investigate this strange anomaly, but what will you find?

(more information coming.)

The Ship

(Using art from star trek)
9FDB3E0A-E8C3-442E-9C0C-8096A843BE60.jpeg
The main vessel of our crew is this little gem. Its a decent sized craft with a length of about 122 meters, a width of 98 meters, and a height of about 20 meters to 31 meters at the tallest point. Equipped with state of the art Sub-luminal drives And one of the most advanced warp drives in the entire galaxy it was able to cross the entire galaxy to the target planet, a distance of nearly 120,000 light years, all in under a week. It has limited weaponry including Point defense laser systems, warp missiles, and Tractor beams. However its most advanced pieces of technology are the scanners which are precise enough to check the Dna of a microbe from orbit. Her shields and stealth fields are also pretty robust and capable of withstanding shots from ships well above its weight class.​

B78DE513-69F7-463D-BAB2-CB19AFA24D10.jpeg
Inside the cargo bay is one of these small exploration shuttles. Capable of holding eight people comfortably and with built in processing facilities for water and food not to mention A twin nuclear fusion engine that produces more than enough power to operate a base camp in addition to a size able cargo hold this vessel is a perfect field operations base. It also holds minor defensive equipment including a top mounted plasma turret, and small yeild Ship to ship missiles. However it is poorly equipped for a combat mission.

The crew

Members of this crew are all Experts in their fields. Master scientists, historians, engineers, all with at least a decade of military training. But as impressive as their resumes actually are its whats inside that really counts.
AB1BBF8E-4746-4947-AC56-4AFE6A9EBB6A.jpeg
Each Crew member is outfitted with nano machines that fortify their bodies and repair damage done to it. These nano machines interface with the technology they have preventing unauthorized use of weapons and or accessing of dangerous or critical sip components. However it should not be understated how effective human technology has become. The Space suits are comfortable and flexible enough to be used as environmental suits in harsh worlds and are durable enough to survive unassisted orbital reentry. The laser weapons in the hands of the common marine could erase the entire torso of a human sized target, or punch through a foot of reinforced concrete with each shot. Suffice it to say our little squad of scientists could theoretically win a fight against the McU avengers. Our technology and scientific knowledge clearly make us look like gods to the primitive denizens of this world.​

The Mission
95C1437D-C985-4190-B746-2DD14D64A37E.jpeg
Planet Narraka is a strange little orb on the opposite edge of the milky way relative to earth. Strangely enough it sits the exact distance from its star as the earth is and even the star is a yellow one the exact size of the sun. While its landmasses are different its water to rock ratio is the exact same as earths. Throughout the entire galaxy never has such a similar planet been found, usually you have to make planets this similar. That fact alone makes this one of the most valuable planets ever found by mankind. Biological scans indicate both flora and fauna exist in high levels.

Now normally a public expedition team would be sent to loon into something like this…but Naraka is A good deal beyond the border of what is considered “human space” and reports of Daterian sightings in that area have deemed it a dangerous mission requiring military intervention. Thats where you come in. Your job is to investigate this planet, discover the reasons behind the Daterian pressence, and if this world has a civilization that posses a threat to the human empire…to eliminate it.​

Question; do all the Daterians look like squids?
No datarians are alien robots who are non humaniod in origin. They can he anything from a silicone diamond with an ai etched into its atoms to a giant moon sized turtle.

Sadly datarians and Zudo are non playable. Its very hard to make a story where players are operating in multiple unaligned factions, especially when one faction is known for hating all biological life.

Oooooh

Not too interested in playing them anyway, lmao, no matter how cool they were.

Current thought—if I can—is kinda... weird engineer. Fidgety, flighty, and generally blind to the "what looks human" and "what does not look human" barrier. As such, a bit of the nanotech ingrained in his body makes him very... uncanny. Not in like "not human" way, moreof a "weird human" way. An example would be that his eyes look a little too big because of dark-metal-next-to-light-eyes shenanigans.

He is good at what he does, though.

Oooooh

Not too interested in playing them anyway, lmao, no matter how cool they were.

Current thought—if I can—is kinda... weird engineer. Fidgety, flighty, and generally blind to the "what looks human" and "what does not look human" barrier. As such, a bit of the nanotech ingrained in his body makes him very... uncanny. Not in like "not human" way, moreof a "weird human" way. An example would be that his eyes look a little too big because of dark-metal-next-to-light-eyes shenanigans.

He is good at what he does, though.
That's not only allowable but it's exactly what I'm looking for in the crew. the crew needs to be a bit on the badass side and preferably pioneers of their field side as they will be balancing out their horrendously inexperienced but well-equipped and well-meaning captain. (my dude)

Question number 2, because my brain won't stop thinking about this

Theoretically, can those nanomachines/weapons take the form of extra limbs? (Rn, my brain is spitting images like Doc Ock but more fitting to the rp aesthetic)

Question number 2, because my brain won't stop thinking about this

Theoretically, can those nanomachines/weapons take the form of extra limbs? (Rn, my brain is spitting images like Doc Ock but more fitting to the rp aesthetic)
For the most part yes. There are clearance levels for nano machine upgrades and such but there are also individual technologies for each crew member. After all we are all supposed to be experts in the fields of our choice barring the captain.

Ill refine the list but we need

1.) Engineer-ship & equipment repair/maintenance

2.) Medic- Doctor on board the ship, pretty lax job since few things are a threat, nonetheless they would be experts in a variety of medical fields.

3.) Environmentalist- Scientific fields of Geology, climate, Geomagnetics etc, (including the new scientific field of terraforming.)

4.) Xeno-biologist- Experts in the fields of biology particularly the alien variety. A focus on plants and animals not to mention Zudo is required.

5.) Xeno-archeologist- kind of a blanket term encompassing the study if the culture, history, structures, relics, and technology of alien species. considered arbitrary fringe science to all but the most top secret of officials.

Oooooh

Could the medic double as a—specifically—neuromorphic engineer? Since it is related to the upkeep of the crew's body n all

So like

Neuromorphic tech is basically tech that intigrates with the body by mimicking how limbs do

So like

Neuromorphic tech is basically tech that intigrates with the body by mimicking how limbs do
I mean sure. so you basically make like Automail or technopathic manipulation? The time period is 5273 so they would be some advanced implants and augments, and neural interface certainly is very advanced in the setting. yeah i can certainly envision tech that interfaces with and is controlled by the medic especially within the medical wing and transport vessels.

Do we have a time estimate on CSs and such? No rush; just curious.
Yes it should be up and running in about 3-4 hours. I get off work in one hour then ill have some time to sit down and since i already have an idea of what im gonna do the Cs should be up soon. The lore page will take longer but any questions i should be able to answer. The lore is all in my head its just a matter of transferring it.

If all goes well with character creation processes we should be able to start the main page on Wednesday or Tuesday.

Last edited:
Question; might be wrong, because I'm not too, too familiar with military hierarchy, but isn't a corporal someone not actively assigned a mission

Question; might be wrong, because I'm not too, too familiar with military hierarchy, but isn't a corporal someone not actively assigned a mission
I think that is colonol theyre the command rank. A corporal i believe is the lowest officer rank. If not then it is now canonized as the lowest officer rank in the federation navy. Still not to shabby, officers get paid well and have great benefits, but the retirement package is where its at, theyll cover you for X amount of years where X is the number of years served and it pays the same as when you are serving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back