• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Spark of a New Era [Steampunk] [Guns of Icarus Inspired]

FabulousTrash

aaaaaaaaaaaa
Hello all! Its your friendly neighborhood neko back at it with an old RP that I really wanna try again!

Firstly! For those who dont know what Guns of Icarus is, its a MOBA in a steampunk type world where teams of players battle it out in the skies in airships! Its pretty great and I love playing it. If you're still curious about the game and its lore, heres the official wiki

Official Wiki --> Guns of Icarus Online Wiki

For the ease of this roleplay, I'll be summing up and simplifying the lore in a lore thread.

Secondly! The general plot of this roleplay is somewhat simple (and cliche, I guess). A group of people found the current way of governing to be corrupt and biased, thus causing splits and factions to be formed. While the conflict is between two factions, there are other side groups who can influence the war based on who they support or just generally what they do.

Thirdly! This RP wont all just be about the war. There will be moments where are characters get the chance to develop and really show themselves. At least, I'll do my best to make that happen.

And thats it. Thanks for reading and I hope you find interest in this :3

Is it like everyone's on one ship, with their own like roles and stuff? Cause that be cool, id be intreasted.

Also, I also played guns of Icarus.

how does this work? Do you use a tabletop RPG system? Or is this more of a free form roleplay?
I am new to this site so I don't really know how this all works yet.

You can find the tabletop dice style ropleplays in the Quest or Dice roleplay section. But sometimes tabletop style is sprinkled here. This is free form Zarunak Zarunak

thank you, that answers my basic question.
The second question that comes out of that is: How does the free from style of roleplay work? (in contrast to the tabletop style)

but without dice you don't really have any chance of failure on your actions.
you don't have the structured rule system to keep the game balanced.

wouldn't that invite Sue-ish tendencies?

Edit: I swear I won't turn this into a debate on RP systems, I am quite interested in this game. I just want to know how the game is played.

Why we have rules and mods, also sometimes you can write a post attacking someone, but it's up to the target to write wheather you hit, miss, dodge, etc. It's meant to be like that so you can feel badass. It's more story driven as well, so you have more control over your character and their actions.

I see.
Well I would love to try that out, I have only played in games that use dice before but this looks very interesting.

for character ideas,
An airman of mysterious origins, armed with a pair of heavy revolvers that he uses to club foes as often as shoot them. He is friendly and well mannered but both his accent and clothing point to no clear origin.
There is just something a bit off about him.
(Inspired by The Unstoppable Higgs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back