• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Sorcerer's Dilemma

Enolx

Time to murder the English language.
Hey how's it going. The name is Enolx, and I'm looking for someone who would like to join me for a new story idea. As you saw from the title, the story is called The Sorcerer's Dilemma. While I plan to add as many genres as my partner allows, the world itself leans towards a mature adventure, but honestly any type of story can happen in this world. While we would work together on the main plot, the cool world building aspect is that this is a world where people will randomly summon creatures at a point in their life. If that interests you, here is my character to introduce you to the world he calls home.

Hello, my name is Sabriel Prince. While I am not an actual prince, I will never correct someone who believes such. I come from the country of Padeen, a vast and beautiful land known for its rolling fields of blueberries, well that and the fact that it’s populous randomly summons creatures from unknown realms. In Padeen, we have two births of sorts. The first is when you’re born, and the second is when you summon. You never know when you will summon, but the event is a big deal. The reason it’s a big deal, is that you never know what you are going to get, or where you are going to get it. Summon in a field? Sure. What about during church? Of course. During sex? Way more common than you think.

It’s for this reason our lives are build around the summoned and the unsummoned. The unsummoned have many rules set in place restricting their freedoms due to how volatile they are. They must wear all blue at all times, they can’t touch anyone other than family, and they can’t travel outside of their town. While there are other rules in place, these are the main ones.

Now that that’s out of the way, it’s probably a good idea to let you know about summoning itself. Yeah I know, you have heard all this before and you know everything so I don’t have to tell you. Well, by the cloak, you should know that I’m a Learner so suck it up cause you’re getting a lecture. While everyone knows what summoning is, there is a lot of stuff that people tend to confuse. First thing is, the first one is on the house. You don’t know when you will summon, just that you will. So you can’t really prepare for it. Yeah, some people like to have Unsummoned wear flowers and junk to help reduce the chances of them summoning something really bad, but that doesn’t always help. Sometimes you just end up with a murderous flower creature. That brings me to my next point. When you summon, the things on you, in contact with you, and in a variable range can be used as offerings in a summon. To remind you of what I said earlier, if you happen to summon while have sex, there is a good chance you just offered somebody to another realm. Same goes for fancy wedding rings, clothes, and babies in strollers you might be pushing. That don’t touch people rule making more sense now? Now for the last big thing people still don’t seem to understand. You don’t control what you summon. Yea they might work with you, but they don’t have to. They are their own being and can kill you if they want. They don’t need you, they are already here.

I might be one of the best examples of this. My partner is Xatal. Xatal also has the very fun title of Collector of Bodies. He also wanted me to let you know that we are not partners and that in fact I serve him. I can confirm that that is very true. When we first met he said he would kill my family using the body of the previously killed family member until I agreed to his terms. So now I wander this great country of ours collecting materials and summoning so that Xatal can collect more bodies and servants.

It has been nothing but a grand time. I hope our paths crossing will just involve lunch and a wonderful night together in an inn or under a starry sky. If not, Xatal has gotten me quite use to enjoying a good time.

So yea, now that you know about Sabriel, here is a little bit about me and what I'm looking for. Thanks for showing interest. It really means a lot. You the best. Hit me up below or in PM if you're down to write.

About Me

Guy, 28, does most art things, fan of most nerdy things, and loves running in nature. I really only do OC stories, and most of the ones I make are designed to be really huge and long epic style stories. When it comes to characters I only really main male characters, I like feeling that connection to my MC, but I do typically make large casts of all genders and beliefs. I write fairly detailed stories because I am a big fan of big worlds with a lot fun quirks, and memorable characters. I typically write three paragraphs and up. My stories also tend to be mature in nature and have cursing, cause I like having the option.

I have been writing for a while now and I would like to say that my grammar and stuff isn't too bad, but feel free to let me know if I mess something up. My usual turnaround for posts is in the range of 1-3 days unless I am having trouble thinking of where to direct the story or if I get busy in life. If that is the case I will let to know. If I don't hit me up, I can be forgetful sometimes. I try to have a general direction for a story before starting the story.(That is the case for this story too) This does not mean that I would not be more than happy to read you changing the script. If you have your own ideas to add I would love to hear them. Last, if you want to just kick it and talk I'm cool with that too.

My Partner

I don't need much in a partner, but there is some things I would like. Probably most importantly, decent grammar and the use past tense third person. I had someone first person and I found out I really don't like it. It makes it feel like my guy is just side character. Next, help me with the story. I am all good with you reacting to what I do, but sometimes my main character will do things that have nothing to do with yours. I would love to see you do your own thing. Other than that, please don't write just a sentence. There is a lot in the world your character can do and talk about, I would love to hear about it. Also, please don't force my main character to stuff without asking. You can control the side characters I make as much as you want, but I am greedy about my main guy. Last, and most important to me, talk to me. If you have plans or if I mess up, let me know. We are equals in this and I would like to hear your thoughts on things. I think rp's are the best when we both enjoy them and work together. Go Teamwork.

That is all. Like said above, thanks for reading and I hope to get to write with you. As a little addition, here is some extra bullet points about the world and some reiteration of what Sabriel mentioned above.

About Summoning
  • The first summoning of a person happens randomly at a point in their lives.
  • When you summon, the items you have with you effect the results of the summon.
  • Location also effects the summon.
  • Summoning is a partnership. (Neither of you really requires the other, thing are just easier if you did work together)
  • Additional summoning after the first can only be done with the approval of your current summon. (If your summon has died, you are free to resummon.
  • Summons do not vanish if their summoner is killed.
  • Summons cannot be canceled or controlled.(so no backing out once you start a summon, and no having a summon the does what you say because you said it)
  • When you summon, a massive beacon of light appears at the visible for miles. These beacons are color coded, and can give an idea of what might be getting summoned
World Stuff
  • The world is separated into Summoned and Unsummoned.
  • Unsummoned must where blue clothing so the are easily identifiable
  • There are two main civil structures the Learners and the Watchers
  • Learners are the scholars of Padden who toil endlessly in the pursuit of understanding summoning.
  • Watcher are the protectors of Padden, and have to job of responding to the various summons that happen across the country and dealing with summon that roam the land. Every town has a watcher stationed for rapid response and there are strategic bases set up for issues that require more than one Watcher.
  • Only the Summoned can attempt to become a Watcher or Learner.
  • Learners can be identified by their long cloaks and silver chain.
  • Watchers can be identified by their capes and epaulettes.
  • Due to their distinctive clothing Learners and Watchers are sometimes referred to as Cloaks and Capes.
  • Unsummoned have many freedoms taken away due to their volatile nature.
  • Summoned creatures roam the lands of Padeen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back