• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Sky Beneath Us {Detailed Sci-Fantasy}

This certainly seems like a world I would love to be in. I'll get to work on a writing sample. Keeping up with lore is particularly entertaining to me, and posting a paragraph or two per post shouldn't be a problem with how detailed you want the world to be.

As for this first adventure, I'd probably be a merchant as well, though I won't say more until I'm officially accepted.

I'd also appreciate a tag once the thread goes up. In the mean time, as regards character concept, I'm not sure I'll have anything concrete until I know more of the lore. Although, a ship's gonna need a helmsman, yeah?

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm going to have to withdraw my interest here, too many roleplays >.<
You appear to have many more players willing to join however ^^

Still have no internet at the house, I'm posting from my phone and the few minutes I have using the local library wifi when I get the chance. I think I'm going to end up writing this all out on a document on my computer then just copy-pasting when my internet comes back up/I get the chance to come back to the library. I wouldn't expect much over this weekend, I may get the blank threads posted from my phone and add on details one by one as I can, I want to get a CS thread up shortly, but in order to make that work I need to get some of the lore regarding races and magic and locations completed first. Don't give up hope, I'll get this done one step at a time, we're supposedly supposed to be getting a wifi refresh in the next few days, but I can't make any promises, this isn't the first time we'vehad issues with our provider.

Anyway, RP-related, keep the questions and ideas coming, I'd love to hear more character ideas and details, I get inspiration from seeing what players would like to see and do and experience, and even if you have your own ideas that you think might not fit perfectly into the setting, pitch them to me anyway and I might find a way to slide them in, player input is the most important factor of a great story, after all :)

Last edited:
:hearteyes:
Since my RP will probably die (lol), I'm interested in this if you decide to keep it going.

Well, I'm more than a little surprised that this caught interest again, I was expecting this to have died off a while ago, so I've halted my progress on making it into an RP up until now. But, if we have a kind of resurging interest, I might be persuaded to start it back up again in a bit.

Will half-breeds be a thing?
Unfortunately, no. Due to "plot reasons", interbreeding of races is not just discouraged, it's physiologically impossible. They just don't mix biologically. It might make some more sense when I actually get the races out together and posted. Magically speaking, it is possible you could alter yourself to appear and function differently than your normal body allows, but as far as being born a mixture of two separate races, no, it is not a thing.

This seems cool. Is it still happening?
I hope it is.
:hearteyes:
Since my RP will probably die (lol), I'm interested in this if you decide to keep it going.
Thank you all for your interest. I honestly wasn't expecting this to still happen, but with a sudden jump in interest, I'll see about putting this back together and running it if we garner up enough players again. I want to start out slow, but if this really attracts as many people as before, it could get pretty hectic rather quickly. glad to have you on board, I'll keep you posted if and when I make any progress piecing this together again.

The thread still stands open for any questions about the lore, character opportunities, magic, technology, and just the world here in general, so please feel free to ask and comment away on anything you are interested in. I'd love to give you any answers you need, as well as your input and ideas help me build the world a little bit better and more detailed than I may be able to do with my own thoughts alone. So have at it and I'll see about getting back to work on this :)

What level of magic exists? Can it be integrated with physical weapons?
Right now my character idea is a Mage/warrior who acts as a guard for the airships with some kind of ranged weapon, like a spear or a bow/arrow. He's kind of the ships cannon, or something along those lines.

What level of magic exists? Can it be integrated with physical weapons?
Right now my character idea is a Mage/warrior who acts as a guard for the airships with some kind of ranged weapon, like a spear or a bow/arrow. He's kind of the ships cannon, or something along those lines.

Good question! Magic in this world is according to race, each race has a specific type of magic that they've developed according to their lifestyles and cultures. humans will have different magic from elves who will have different magic from orcs who will have different magic from... etc. etc. etc. Once I post the thread regarding Races and their attributes, you might have a clearer picture of which type of racial magic fits your character best.

As far as integrating magic into physical objects like weapons, yes it is possible. Each type of magic affects objects differently according to how you apply it, so it really depends on how you want to mix magic and weapons together. One magic might implant your weapon with runes and make it an artifact that has power on its own, another type of magic may allow you to cast spells on and through your weapon like a catalyst or conduit, while yet another might allow you to alter your weapon while in the the midst of using it to suit your needs and desires.

If I had to draw a parallel to how magic works in this world to something that exists in our world here, I'd say you could almost equate it to Avatar: The Last Airbender in that each person has a certain type of magic in them depending on their race, training, and personality, and how they use it is left to their current level of experience and creativity. This RP will be run with a fair amount of Rule Of Cool, where if something sounds like it would make a great story to tell in a tavern afterwards, it just might work out for you.

Good question! Magic in this world is according to race, each race has a specific type of magic that they've developed according to their lifestyles and cultures. humans will have different magic from elves who will have different magic from orcs who will have different magic from... etc. etc. etc. Once I post the thread regarding Races and their attributes, you might have a clearer picture of which type of racial magic fits your character best.

As far as integrating magic into physical objects like weapons, yes it is possible. Each type of magic affects objects differently according to how you apply it, so it really depends on how you want to mix magic and weapons together. One magic might implant your weapon with runes and make it an artifact that has power on its own, another type of magic may allow you to cast spells on and through your weapon like a catalyst or conduit, while yet another might allow you to alter your weapon while in the the midst of using it to suit your needs and desires.

If I had to draw a parallel to how magic works in this world to something that exists in our world here, I'd say you could almost equate it to Avatar: The Last Airbender in that each person has a certain type of magic in them depending on their race, training, and personality, and how they use it is left to their current level of experience and creativity. This RP will be run with a fair amount of Rule Of Cool, where if something sounds like it would make a great story to tell in a tavern afterwards, it just might work out for you.
Ok, thanks. What monsters exist in this world? I only ask because I have this mental image of my character stepping up to the bow of the ship and taking out a dragon or some shit. I know it sounds Gary Stu-esque, but I just can't shake it.

awesome! i just realized this is my chance for that one guy i have to play with but it was in circulation between three harebourgs for a month
so
HARPOONS
ARPOONS
RPOONS
POOTS
OONI
ONSS
NS
S

cool

Ok, thanks. What monsters exist in this world? I only ask because I have this mental image of my character stepping up to the bow of the ship and taking out a dragon or some shit. I know it sounds Gary Stu-esque, but I just can't shake it.

All kinds. Too many to list here, but be prepared for undead and dragons and shadows and ghosts and just plain ol' hungry animals. There's a lot to be had, I've got several ecosystems in place that will each have their own set of creatures and dangers, so it all depends on where you go and what you're hoping to find. sometimes you may be on the hunt, in which case you'll have your pick of toothy beasts to choose from, and sometimes you may be trying to avoid danger, in which case you better be prepared to be ambushed on the way. This world is not friendly, sometimes it's calm and quiet, but it's rarely absolutely safe at any given moment XD

Hey, this is back from the brink of death. I'm still interested. Hopefully we can get our feet off the ground and actually get some character sheets posted. I've still got mine kicking around somewhere...

Hey, this sounds really interesting! And I'd love to take part....Are there any openings?

My primary question for this would be that since it's a fantasy setting, what are our limits for character creation? Such as, what if I made a character that could be characterized as a 'furry'? Like, an animalistic humanoid. Or would you prefer we stick to the elves and such that come with most fantasy settings? Or maybe humans only?

My primary question for this would be that since it's a fantasy setting, what are our limits for character creation? Such as, what if I made a character that could be characterized as a 'furry'? Like, an animalistic humanoid. Or would you prefer we stick to the elves and such that come with most fantasy settings? Or maybe humans only?

Right now I have 5 humanoid races that are going to be available, they are my own unique variants of a few typical fantasy versions, but they are much different and I've custom designed each one of them to fit into this world seamlessly. I'd say the closest you'd get to an animalistic character is one of the races has access to a type of magic similar to shape-shifting. I'm specifically avoiding having a "create-your-own-race" session because I've done that in the past and every single time I get most of them are "This race is the most powerful at magic ever and they can destroy armies by sneezing on them/This is the strongest, toughest, meanest race, but they're also really smart and want to take over the world". I'm not saying you guys will do that necessarily, but it takes a lot of energy for me to go over all the custom races and try to make them work all together. So I figured having a set roster of available choices would make it clear, easy, and less stressful for both you players deciding and me having a little more control over what's available.

Right now I have 5 humanoid races that are going to be available, they are my own unique variants of a few typical fantasy versions, but they are much different and I've custom designed each one of them to fit into this world seamlessly. I'd say the closest you'd get to an animalistic character is one of the races has access to a type of magic similar to shape-shifting. I'm specifically avoiding having a "create-your-own-race" session because I've done that in the past and every single time I get most of them are "This race is the most powerful at magic ever and they can destroy armies by sneezing on them/This is the strongest, toughest, meanest race, but they're also really smart and want to take over the world". I'm not saying you guys will do that necessarily, but it takes a lot of energy for me to go over all the custom races and try to make them work all together. So I figured having a set roster of available choices would make it clear, easy, and less stressful for both you players deciding and me having a little more control over what's available.
Haha, I totally understand that happening. I've witnessed it before and it always irritates the heck out of me, too. XD

I'm sure I'll enjoy playing that race you've created that's got magic similar to shape-shifting. ^^

So the next question is, when are you posting the races and CS? We're kinda waiting on you to give us the starting point before we can really get into this.

So the next question is, when are you posting the races and CS? We're kinda waiting on you to give us the starting point before we can really get into this.

Shortly :) I've had some changes in setting recently that I need to integrate, and I'm seeing about making this into a Hosted Project so the information is all the more readily accessible and organized. I have the majority of the races put together in various notes and memos scattered across my computer, phone, and paper notes, so I'll be organizing and compiling them all together as soon as I can. I'm going to post them into my Private Workshop here on RpN, and then once the Hosted Project is approved (don't know how long that will take), it'll all get copy-pasted over and we'll be ready to get started with the characters :3

Shortly :) I've had some changes in setting recently that I need to integrate, and I'm seeing about making this into a Hosted Project so the information is all the more readily accessible and organized. I have the majority of the races put together in various notes and memos scattered across my computer, phone, and paper notes, so I'll be organizing and compiling them all together as soon as I can. I'm going to post them into my Private Workshop here on RpN, and then once the Hosted Project is approved (don't know how long that will take), it'll all get copy-pasted over and we'll be ready to get started with the characters :3
It took one to two weeks for the last hosted project I was part of to get approved and ready to go, and that was maybe like a month ago. I hope it doesn't take that long, because I'm anxious to get going. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back