• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Silence Consumes || FxF Drama/Romance

Hadley McGarden

Marigolds and Tigerlilies
Hello there! I've had this storyline in mind for a while now, and I appreciate you checking it out. Now, it's a bit of an odd one, but I think it'd be an interesting roleplay; it revolves around the relationship developed between a nurse and the mute woman she almost runs over and subsequently treats. Before I get into the details of the storyline, please note that I generally write multiple paragraphs per response, and would like you to do the same. If you're capable of writing more than one paragraph every response, then feel free to read the storyline, and if you're interested, feel free to message me!

("C1" refers to the character that you would be playing, and "C2" is the one I would be playing.)

C1's day had been a difficult one.

She was a nurse, and with the holidays in full swing, she had been particularly busy. Her day had been stuffed full of moms who got too drunk at neighborhood parties, overconfident men who fell off the roof while trying to decorate, and children that went sledding a little too close to the road, as well as one old woman who was convinced she had been run over by a reindeer, though it eventually came to light that it was actually one of the drunk moms that had done so. That--that had been an interesting experience.

She was driving home, exhausted and all but pining for the comfort of her bed, and her phone was going wild on the seat beside her. She knew with absolute certainty that it was the group chat between herself and her dearest friends, given that some of said friends were incredibly enthusiastic and flamboyant people and were full of holiday cheer. Despite being half-tempted to join in on their cheerful chatter, she knew better than to text and drive, so she left the phone where it was in the seat. All the same, the twelfth time it buzzed, she couldn't help but glance over for just a second, and when she looked up once more, there was a girl standing in the middle of the road. C1 swerved desperately, but it was too late, and the girl rolled over the hood before falling onto the road as C1's car finally came to an abrupt stop.

Panicking, she climbed out of the car, and raced to the stranger, faltering slightly at the sight of her. She wasn't a child, as C1 had originally assumed, but rather a woman, only a year or two younger than herself. But she was...small. A tiny woman dressed in a faded green medical gown, with brittle, bony limbs and dirty skin. Her hair hung in tangled, matted, greasy curls that seemed almost as long as her body was and her fingers and toes were tinged blue from the cold. For a moment, C1 thought she was dead...and then she moved. Heart jumping into her throat, C1 ran to tend to the woman, asking her where it hurt--the woman only squeaked in response--and assuring her that she'd get her to the hospital. However, at the mere mention of the hospital, the woman panicked and began to cry, shaking her head frantically. The woman was an adult and had the right to refuse treatment, which would result in her wandering the town wounded, so instead of forcing her to go to the hospital and not be healed, C1 informed the woman that she was a nurse and could treat her herself, if the woman let her. The woman agreed, and so C1 brought her back to her house and started treating her wounds.

While it quickly became apparent that the woman couldn't speak, she was able to write, and upon being provided with a pencil and some paper, informed C1 that her name was C2, and through further questioning as C1 tended to C2's injuries, it quickly became apparent that there was something seriously wrong: C2 claimed that she couldn't remember her last name, and that no one had ever looked for her, explaining that she didn't know her parents and could not go back to where she came from. Now, it would have been all too easy to call the police, to have C2 taken away and brought to people that could really help her, but when C2 looked at her with those big, frightened eyes, she just didn't have the heart. The woman was almost like a feral child, unexposed to the real world and only understanding the very basics, and C1 wanted to be the one to help her.

If only she knew what she was getting herself into.

Please not that this is inspired by "Now That You're Here," an Alexander Hamilton x John Laurens fanfiction on AO3. It's incredibly good, and I highly recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely! I shall put up a thread, then!

(I generally just jump right in and describe my character in the roleplay instead of making a character sheet, if that's okay.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back