• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The She-King

Lord Aphrodite

To conquer death, you only have to die.
Hello everyone! I'm going to preface this clearly in two ways.

1. Please PM me. It's gonna have to happen eventually, please don't clutter my thread with requests.
2. I'm gonna hide something in my stuff, that I will require you to tell me if you want to RP.

Now, onto myself. I'm 18 years old, with close to four years of experience. I don't care what age my partner is, only that they can handle potentially dark and gruesome scenes.

Generally, I can write two paragraphs per post, depending on muse. If our current scene is dialogue heavy, it could shrink due to the fact that I hate writing useless prose. I don't have a set length, but just know that if I have to do all the heavy lifting, or I'm getting constant one liners (the two are interconnected), I will leave. This is my policy, it is non-negotiable.

The plot I have is a designed fxf romance, but it can totally be platonic. I don't really mind either. You let me know, and I'll change it. I'll attach the plot, lore, the starter, and a character sheet for you to look over.

Plot:

The RP is about a princess and her royal guard. Best friends of sorts, they’re always with one another.

The guard had a secret, not a bad secret, but bad for her. She’s fallen in love with the princess, a problem that’s compounded by the fact that they spend all day together,

This is where the fluff ends and the angst and sadness begin.

One day, the kingdom is invaded by a bigger army which crushes their army and takes control. The guard and the princess escape for a time, before the princess is captured.

The guard goes back to the kingdom.

In the meanwhile, the evil king has started a tournament. The winner becomes king, and gets the princess’ hand in marriage.

Against all odds, the guard wins, and becomes king of the land.

Lore:

King Elijah of House Lockhart

Chief Royal Advisory- Marcus Amadeus Finch II

Secondary Advisory- Atticus Terrenova

Captain of the Guard- Conrad Roth

General of the Army- Winfield Pershing

Primary Guard- Wolfram “The Bull” Gleason

Chief Butler- William Pennyworth Sr.
Queen Adeline of House Lockhart

Chief Adviser- Esmeralda Pennyworth

Chief Policy Adviser- Juneau Castain

Primary Guard- Willow Shaw

Chief Maiden- Allison Pennyworth
Crown Princess Viola of House Lockhart

Chief Tutor- Winston Smith III

Chief Servant- Elizabeth Pennyworth

Primary Guard (Me)- Lara Tolliviér
Prince Vincent of House Lockhart

Chief Tutor- John-Paul Richards IV "The Wise"

Chief Servant- William Pennyworth Jr.

Chief Guard- Jacques Pagé (pronounced Pah-Jey)
(General-use characters between the four of them.)

Royal Blacksmith- Gerard Bellion

Royal Tailor- Clopin Trouillefou

Executive Chef- Joseph P. Abernerthy

Sous Chef- Jean-Claude Frollo II

Court Wizard- Pallando Veritus
Kingdom of Dranica

Temperate Climate
Physical Features- Mountainous in the North, heavily forested, some plains in the south-southeast.

Royal Colors- Green and Gold
Royal Symbol- Eagle

Main exports- Lumber, game, ore, jewels
Main imports- Fish, grain, livestock, horses

Location of Capital- Middle-East
Leader- Chieftain Beowulf The Deadly, Captain of Village North

Chief Captain of the Army- Bardalph The Bloody

Chief Captain of the People- Renouf Scar-Faced

Captain of Village East- Skjöldolfr The Bone Crusher

Captain of Village West- Valk Fire-Beard

Captain of Village South- Donalbane Feral-Slayer

Chief Protector of The Badlands- Zev Twice-Slain
Frigid Climate- Deadly
Physical Features- Mountainous on all sides, a valley in the middle, caused by ancient celestial impact.

Official Colors- Grey, Black, Blood Red
Official Symbol- Direwolf

Main Exports- Game, meat, hide, mercenaries
Main Imports- Ore, weaponry, armor

Location of Capital- North Village
Children are marked at birth with a symbol designating the trade of each of their parents, on the back of each of their parents. Right hand is father, left hand is mother. Then at twelve, when they choose their trade, they get a mark on their right shoulder.

Male knights are addressed by "Sir". Female knights are addressed by "Ser".

Most clothing lacks a right sleeve (or left if they're left hand dominant) Even armor. Reason being that it enables people to be distinguished by craft.

Same with gloves. They would be open backed. For the same reason as the missing sleeve, just so people can see your mark.

The markings are enchanted. This is to keep them from fading with age. The shoulder marking is placed on the person's dominant side.

Currency:
1 gold coin = 5 silvers

1 silver = 5 bronze

1 gold = 25 bronze
Magic molecules. Most creatures posses magical molecules. Here is a list of which race has the most powerful magic to the least.

Dragons (Very few; they hide away but they exist)
Demon Lords (there's only 3 known in existence) They mostly keep to themselves)
Elves
Vampires
Werewolves
Humans (I was thinking maybe, years ago, before the enslavement of elves, when they were the most powerful magical creatures that were civilized and had their own society, humans created a magical molecule crystal that enhanced their power - inspired by this photo- which made them more powerful than elves and caused the war that happened ... say 150+ years ago? )
Dwarves
Faeries
Imps
Goblins
Ghouls
Orcs
Trolls

I think it would be cool if they have to use runes and symbols to do magic.
There's a magic school that teaches those who wish to learn the art of magic how to tune into their magic and "awaken" the full potential of the molecules that reside in your body to control them.
Common people can do small things to help around the house with simple runes but to learn more complex spells and how to cast them, you have to enrol into the academy.

So, for example, to use an elemental spell, you make the rune for elemental and then the rune for water with the wave of your finger and that spell will gather the magic molecules from the air around you, and to control it, you use the molecules that are in your body.

Runes are drawn in the air with a finger, hand, or arm.

One of the reasons the elves were so strong is because they lived for so long they are well accustomed to using rune magic.
Vampires can rely on blood magic or something and lycans/werewolves rely on their brute strength and speed.
Anything lower, then it's pretty balanced. And if you use too much molecules up, then you get severely fatigued.

(This is the hidden thing. Tell me your favorite color.)

Character:

Name: Ser Lara Tollivíer

Father Mark: Royal Guardsman
Mother Mark: Scribe
Trade Mark: Royal Guardsman

Height: 70 inches (1.78 meters)
Weight: 160 lbs (72.6 kg)

Personality: Lara is a hard worker, loyal, strong, and capable. She performs her expected duties astutely, and efficiently. She has an excellent professional demeanor, speaking when spoken to, and even performing the duties of butler if needed.

In her personal life, Lara is still quiet, but is completely able to hold a conversation. She's willing to take verbal venting and abuse (though she doesn't like it.)

Lara is a very intelligent and creative person, with a bright mind. But she is not scholarly. She can read and write simple things, and knows basic math. Anything beyond the basics eludes her.

Backstory: Lara was born into a well-off family.

Her father, Dupon Tollivíer was a royal guard, who died in service to the king during his travels. The royal caravan was ambushed by bandits, her father successfully killed three before succumbing to his wounds. Lara was seven at the time.

Her mother was a royal scribe, who mostly copied books, but published a few of her own. Her mother died during childbirth.

After that, Captain Conrad Roth took her on as her own. She was well provided for, but lived a lonely life without parents. She worked as a servant until she was twelve, practicing fighting every so often. At twelve, she chose to go into the royal guard, and excelled in fighting. She quickly rose through the ranks of her class, graduating third of her class.

After graduation, she was appointed Head Guard over Crown Princess Viola. The two butted heads at first, with Lara being more strict than her predecessor, but through communication, they were able to move past it.
69f465f36060accf4a599a80b39232b1.jpg

Starter:

The Kingdom of Drancia had just experienced its first frost, marking the true end of farming season. The overcast sky cast grey beams onto the light granite castle and the surrounding lands, causing the land to be bathed in a certain air of stillness and a feeling of cessation pierced the hearts of the people.

But with this feeling of coldness, greyness, and decay, came a warmth that was growing in the souls of the Drancians. Winter was a time to celebrate, and the people buzzed about, buying and trading goods for winter. Food was purchased, knives traded for coats, coats traded for salts, and salts traded for wood.

"Fish! Fresh fish!" Came the call from a butcher. "Fresh fish and meats!" A good deal, three fish for two silvers, there would be takers.

People used the weather to air out their houses, windows and doors open, stables cleaned. Blacksmiths used the day to train new apprentices.

"Through th' anvil." Said one. "You'll hit the metal harder tha' way. Imagine th' hammer going through."

"It's heavy." Said the apprentice.

"That's the point lad!" The smith said with a chuckle. "We'll get some meat on them bones yet.

But the hustle and bustle was not without trouble.

"Stop! Thief!"

Thieves and brigands were known to plague the good people. Thus, the city guards were that much more troubled this day than they were normally. Captain Roth was busy with warrants and charges on would-be robbers. The city jail was filled with its fair share of criminals.

"Shut up." A guard pushed a man into a holding cell.

Above the jail, cooks were busy with cooking.

"Turn the roast, don't burn it!" Chef Abernerthy yelled. "Stir stews!"

"More cream, but not too much." Said Sous Chef Jean-Claude. "Good, now mushrooms. Good, I'm proud of you girl."

Pigs, beef, and turkeys were roasting on spits. In great big pots, potatoes, carrots, and all assortments of vegetables and meats were brewing. The cooks were preparing the feast for dinner, where the family would eat together, along with some diplomatic guests, in a gesture of good faith.

First frost was truly a loving time of the year in Dranica.

Lara traced a finger in the air, drawing out the runic symbol for fire, before producing a flame. She caught some tender, placing it below the small stack of sticks she had constructed. The small stack caught, and she waved her hand to extinguish the flame.

She continued feeding the pile until she had a nice blaze going, then took one of the small logs from the pile and set it on top, keeping it going. She stood up, wiping her hands on a cloth on her small table. She knocked on the shared door between their rooms, opening it a crack.

“Oh, Julia, Crown Princess of Dranica and Heir to His Rightful Majesty King Elijah? It’s time to wake up.” She joked, leaving the door cracked. “I will be back momentarily, please excuse me.” She could hear the girl stirr, but that didn’t mean she was awake. Either way, Lara would be back momentarily, so it really didn’t matter.

She stripped from her night clothes, pulling on her trousers and tunic. Pulling on her shoes, she left her room, going to the armory on their level. Here, her armor and weapons were housed. There, she met with Wolfram, Willow, and Jacques. Words weren’t exchanged as they dressed. Each pulled on their doublet, and easily equipped their lower body armor.

She neared Willow, helping the senior guard with her breastplate. Making small talk. Willow was a light skinned woman in her mid-forties. She boasted a fletcher’s fathermark and a midwife's mothermark. She was great swordswoman, and an even greater shot.

She secured her breastplate, then helped secure her armguards. The non-dominant arm was armored, with a chainmail sleeve underneath. The dominant arm had no such sleeve, and was protected by a thick leather guard, that exposed the deltoid, showing their trademark.

Lara was changed into her armor, strapping her sword to her back, and her dagger to her belt. She slipped three throwing knives into their spots on her waist.

She said her farewells, heading back to the Princess’ Quarters. She opened her door, and tossed another log on the fire. She grabbed a smaller stick and knocked on the door to Viola’s bedroom. “Madam?” She asked, stepping in. “It’s time to wake up.”

She used her left hand to make a pile of sticks and tender. She put her burning branch in, lighting it up immediately. She soon had it blazing. She put on a log, then turned back to the Princess.

Her heart softened as she looked at Viola. Oh, how the girl loved her sleep. “Viola?” She said in a singsongy voice. “Wake up.” She touched the cold gauntlet to Viola’s face.

She looked away, looking about the room. Messy.

She neared the shelf, looking at the books. Trolls, wizards. Al… She sounded it out, like Viola taught her to. “Al-chem-i… Alchemi… Oh! Alchemy.” She placed that book on the shelf, the rest quickly following.

She gathered a pile of jewels and coins, scooping them up and dumping them in a bag of the same. More money than most of the people had, including herself. She cinched it closed and put it on the shelf with the books. She sheathed knives, put jewelry in a box. It wasn’t her job to clean, but it wasn’t too hard to do.

So we'll have to change the royal family's names to what you would want them to be, but other than that, I'm sure we'll be fine.

I'm sure I've forgotten to say something, but c'est la vie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back