• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Secret World: Chaos and Conspiracy (Redux)

Jedi Sentinel

Truth Seeker
Long story short, this is an RP I started up a while ago but ended up having to leave due to not having time to really do anything with it do to work. I want to try and launch it again, due to the fact that I love the concept of it but I wanted to see if anyone cared enough to make it worth it. Here's the old intro:

Everything you know is a lie.

The truth of the world you see around you is little more than a fragile illusion, carefully crafted by powers far beyond the comprehension of any single human being. Terrors of myth and legend stalk in the shadows just out of sight, the fair folk dance in the ancient forests, whispering of secrets long forgotten by living men, In dark lit rooms secretive cabals gather to decide the fate and future of all of us, while gods old and new stir elsewhere and begin to wonder who exactly is commanding who.

You are one of the few individuals who have gained the ability to look beyond the curtain and see how the world really works, but you are not here by accident, even if you don't fully realize it yet. Each of you was chosen by an organization for your abilities, some of which you may not even have awakened to yet.

The societies each vie for control in order to establish their own ideals as law, and while there are many of them playing at power there are 3 which stand above the rest

illuminati_symbol_wallpaper_1920x1080_tsw_by_blacklotusxx-d51z9id.jpg

The Illuminati: The youngest of the 3 society's but by no means any weaker, power itself is their end goal and it doesn't matter how they obtain it. On any given day they can be doing anything from running a charity event to assassinating political officials, communing with demons and black mailing angels, sometimes all at the same time as long it could potentially put them in a better position. With connections and controlling influences across the world and a very polished, corporate image, they are always looking for new ways to influence the world and attain even greater power - sometimes to their detriment. Natural worshipers of individual advancement, they offer your character a chance to harness your true potential and achieve great power- but not before warning you that failure will not be tolerated...

Illuminati_mercenary_male.png
gunslinger.png
Illuminati_grifter_female.png

templar_the_fabric_the_secret_world_1920x1080_by_blacklotusxx-d5754tq.jpg

The Templar: An ancient order of warriors far, far older than the band of knights with which they share a name. They are bound by sacred creed to battle evil in all its forms- and to do it by whatever means they deem necessary. Old-fashioned, honour-bound and conservative - at least compared to the others - they naturally consider the Illuminati their enemy in every sense of the word; nonetheless, they have just as many connections in the "Real World," though they prefer to ally themselves with governments rather than corporations. Seeking new recruits among soldiers, adventurers and modern-day crusaders, the Templars invite you to their headquarters in London, offering a purpose in life and a chance to stand against the darkness. However, they also warn you to avoid becoming too fixated on chivalry; halos are fading all over town...

paladin.png
Templar_exorcist_male.png
Templar_Chaos_DPS_Deck_Name.png

dragon_the_secret_world_mmorpg_wallpaper_1920x1080_by_blacklotusxx-d53zeg5.jpg

The Dragon: Probably the most enigmatic of all the factions, they are also unique in their goals; the Dragon show no plans to "rule" the world as such, but instead seek to understand the underlying system upon which Chaos operates, and to ultimately balance the world with the knowledge they have gained. To that end, they cause chaos across the world in order to test their theories and models, sometimes as destructive as a major terrorist attack, sometimes as minuscule as a butterfly flapping its wings in the wrong direction. The Dragon are almost omniscient thanks to the predictive models they've created through their study of Chaos Theory; however, they still need operatives in the field to ensure that everything goes according to plan - which is where you come in. You join the Dragon with very little idea of your role - except that you are now officially an Agent of Chaos.

Dragon_martial_artist_female.png
latest
latest

Remember this however, your struggle will not always be among the 3 factions. Far greater dangers exist out in the world, be it from lesser compacts attempting to harness a power they don't understand, to dark powers awakening in forgotten cities and threatening to swallow the world, or perhaps a long forgotten and abandoned project awakens in the far north, and doesn't seem fond of the way the world has changed while he was asleep. Regardless there will be times when even rival societies must work together to preserve the delicate charade, or perhaps even to save the world. Whatever comes next, this secret is yours.

TheWolfKeeper said:
Looks interesting, I'd be all for it.
Great! Hopefully more people will be up for it.

Also, I'm not 100% sure on how I want to go with the exact details of the RP itself.

So consider this, should the story be more of a globe-trotting adventure where the Characters are constantly moving from place to place or more focused on a central city to explore?

Also should it focus more on the supernatural elements and action or more on the behind the scenes conspiracies?

Obviously these focuses can change once we're moving along if the story favors it, but I want to know how we'd prefer to start.

I'd prefer global, but honestly, both sound cool to me. As for the focus, I couldn't really tell you. I think balancing both would be best if possible.

Sounds good. Post the link when it's done :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do. It may not be til tomorrow though. Although, in the name of fair warning, I have family over tomorrow night and I work weekends, So we may not be able to start up properly until Monday.

(raises hand)

Hello.

I must admit that I'm a bit occupied for this couple of weeks to do much writing, but this does seem like too much fun to pass by only for me to regret not having joined this when I eventually have more time on my hands.

I also request to know from what corners of the world have you gathered these gorgeous images.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back