• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Second Wind

Melon Bomb

hi i make bad decisions
Discord: https://discord.gg/8mDK7A6
IC Thread: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-second-wind-official-roleplay-thread.342662/
Character Sheets: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/second-wind-character-sheets.342179/
OOC: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/second-wind-ooc.342180/

- - -

The world of Dagarus is a world of second chances.

Two souls. One body. It's a common story, and a common practice. The wavering flicker called life can vanish in the blink of an eye no matter how carefully you've led your life. But in this world, death is only the end for some of us.

In sacrificing oneself, a living being can offer their remaining lifespan to another, perishing in the process. Those who have been chosen to live again - the risen - will find an intricate ring emblazoned on the back of their hand, gradually fading from one end to the other: A second, final reminder of their mortality.

Maybe you didn't deserve a second chance.

But you have one now.

kzWC4HM.png
- - - The Story - - -

The story begins in Savana, currently occupied by Erylon forces. Conflict is bubbling, but not much - they have been careful about unrest growing under their watch, making sure to mask their presence as cleanly as possible. But this can't go on forever, of course, and some are unwilling to wait around any longer now that news has started to leak of a superweapon being developed in the kingdom of Erylon. . .

-

ukEC1Tq.png

- - - The Setting - -

[The Races]

Human: Regular old humans. Been around since the beginning of civilization and haven't stopped since. Their numbers are marginally higher than the other races, but often end up controlling most of the territories regardless.

Beastfolk: Beastfolk are humanoid beings that carry a varying range of traits from all sorts of animals, typically taking after their behaviors to some degree. Natural integration into each others' societies has resulted in minimal tensions between these races, though there are still cases where they treat humans as inferior beings, or vice versa. Beastfolk usually live about as long as humans, plus the average lifespan of the animal they take after, giving them varying levels of longevity even among their own kind.

Mage: Mages are the select few able to wield magic and can be humans or beastfolk, but they all share one thing in common: They only have one ability. It can be expanded on and be made versatile, but a fire mage will only ever be a fire mage. However, those with two abilities are said to exist - mages who inherited another ability from a second wind - who are then known to the public as. . .

Mezza: Mezzas are incredibly powerful mages able to wield up to two classes of powers and are highly sought after by military forces, nobles, and all types of sinister organizations. Some choose to flaunt and boast about their power, while others deign to keep a low profile.

-

nulvG2O.png
[The Three Kingdoms]

Erylon (Military Dictatorship): Erylon is the most heavily fortified of the kingdoms, boasting the strongest military force known to man. Their number of troops far outnumber any other and their training exercises are designed to build the perfect soldiers, prepared for anything from sorcerer insurgencies to monster invasions. After recent events, Erylon has been seeing many travelers that have come to seek refuge, though most don't have the necessary qualifications to enter. However, should this bastion ever fall, the other kingdoms are sure to quickly collapse with it.

Unique Aspects: Medieval Themed | Unbreakable Wall | Satellite Nations

- - -

Savana (Representative Democracy): Savana is the most adept of the kingdoms, home to the greatest mages and schools of magic. The success rates in this nation are fascinatingly high, especially considering the rigorous standards - it's even said that the citizens who are born in Savana are simply naturally talented individuals that are destined for great things. Its capitol sits on the biggest locus of magical power known to the world - the Soul Shard - and many have set their eyes on this prize, both good and evil.

However, after a surprise coup with the use of insider spies along with quickly mobilized military forces, Erylon was able to seize Savana in one fell swoop. In the coming years, they would claim only temporary military occupation, though in effect it may as well be an annexation. However, a rebellion is the last thing they want on their hands, and have been careful about their operations.

They would rewrite history to make the two kingdoms seem as though they have always been allies. Additional ‘Savana’ troops would be deployed on an Erylon payroll, and as much as they want to displace the Shard, they have been keeping distance from it, waiting for an opportune time. Most of the Savana royalty has either been replaced or become puppets, feigning independence when that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Once a beautiful, natural expanse of land, it has since been urbanized by the presence of Erylon’s command.

Unique Aspects: Nature Themed | The Soul Shard | Tirra River

- - -

Miraqi (Corporate Republic): Miraqi is by far the largest of the kingdoms, stretching nearly twice as far as the others. It is incredibly abundant with resources and is said to be the most reliable place to make a living. They are pioneers of trade and the birthplace of technology. Though only in its prototype stages, they say they have something revolutionary in the works and everyone wants their hands on it.

Unlike the other two kingdoms, Miraqi makes use of slave labor.

Unique Aspects: Asian Themed | Black Market | Seraphim Spire

-

[The Major Organizations]

Hero's Guild: A famous organization of heroes for hire that takes requests to solve difficult problems and fight back incredible threats. Founded from the heart of Erylon, they very are popular with the public and more and more new adventurers are joining their ranks.

Elder Order: This distinguished order of mages is based in Savana and only accepts people gifted with magic who have undergone second wind to gain another power.

Salamanders: In association with the assassin's guild, this team of mobile killers was formed to prevent Miraqi technology from falling into the hands of other kingdoms.

Ancients’ Keepers: An old organization of mysterious warriors whose sole purpose is to guard the path to Astra, the gateway that leads to the kingdom of the gods. They attempt to redirect others when possible, but those who stray too close are executed without hesitation.

-

czRhngL.png
[The Gods]

Rashira: The god of life. His chapels take the form of gardens and natural reserves.

Vaeru: The goddess of wisdom. Her chapels take the form of grand libraries.

Seon: The goddess of balance. Her chapels take the form of beautiful temples.

Iia: The god of war. He does not condone the building of chapels in his name.

-

[The Technology]

The World of Dagarus is generally stuck at medieval-level technology, but Miraqi has been quietly developing steam rifles, metal alloys, and even radio communication; however, they are almost impossible to find outside of the kingdom as they are very protective of their inventions.

-

- - - The Second Wind - - -

The risen are not capable of giving or receiving second winds, and as such it is perhaps considered the most sacred of rituals, requiring the sacrifice of another living being. Not just one's life, but fragments of one's memories, personality, skills, and even magical abilities can be inherited through this ritual.
Additionally, a risen's remaining lifespan applies only to one's age - all manner of harm and disease can cut one's time on this world short as easily as any other.

Last edited:
This looks interesting. What cast size were you looking for, player-wise?
Hey, thanks for showing interest! At the moment, I don't know if I'll place any restrictions on player limit so I guess I can figure it out as we go along (or if this even gains traction in the first place) ^^;

I swear I am not stalking you, this was just at the top and it had low replies. I am also seriously interested.

incredibly interested ! i really love the world building right at the start and the entire thing gives a good sense of whats to expect <3

incredibly interested ! i really love the world building right at the start and the entire thing gives a good sense of whats to expect <3
Hey, glad to hear that you're interested! I'll figure out if I want to get this thing rolling if 1-3 more people more show up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back