• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Second Rebellion - Skyrim Interest Check

(I doubt he will pop up but) FARKAS IS MINE, BAGSIE.
If you want to bring him in, that would be fine. Dunno what he'd be doing there, but maybe.

All I know is that my character would have been planted into that situation to find rebels
Hmm... Well, I don't want to write Ologor out entirely since there's still a chance that Morgathos might come back, but maybe he could "disappear" suddenly like Drenmare did (presumably captured or killed, but unknowns for sure), which could force Saor and any other rebels in the city (or dissenters/enemies of the Thalmor in general, depending on how serious the crack-down is) to scatter and take refuge in the wilderness. They would probably know that that's where they would flee and be wandering around to round up any that didn't get captured the first time.
That might be where our characters meet, explosiveKitten explosiveKitten . Perhaps there's some reason that a Thalmor-occupied city isn't safe for Maroluna, so she heads out to travel, then ends up in the same spot as Saor? Or I could have Saor in the city trying to gather information/figure out where Dren and Ologor are, and they could run into each other there. Maybe Maroluna catches her and has to decide whether or not to turn her in?

Hey there! I'm back in school now, so I have Internet again. It's going to be a busy week, but I'm going to do my best to finish up those pages and check the thread's pulse to see where we stand. My goal is to have everything up and ready for either our old group to be ready to move forward or to introduce some new people if we've thinned out too much. That may be a bit ambitious, but I'm gonna try.

I think there's still enough of us to keep going, though we may have to rearrange our groups somewhat and/or introduce NPCs. This weekend I had a thought about a couple of rebels becoming trapped by a Thalmor patrol, if that would be of interest to y'all Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii or Twyllvarlais Twyllvarlais . I thought that maybe one or both were injured and sought shelter in a cave until they were strong enough to travel, but either they were in Thalmor territory or the Thalmor were trying to extend their range, and they found the cave. I think Saor may be the only rebel character still here (@MorgathosTheRussian - Are you still interested?), but I could bring in some NPCs. I have four that I often bring in and out, and y'all are welcome to make more. explosiveKitten explosiveKitten - I was talking about trying to work something out with you earlier, so would that be of interest to you? I know Maroluna isn't a rebel, but that could be interesting as well. Maybe she gives or recieves aid before learning that Saor was part of this movement she hates, and then has to decide what to do from there, or maybe becomes "guilty" by association in the eyes of the Thalmor?

Anyway, that was just a thought. Others are welcome as well! We might need to confirm who is still here before making a bunch of plans, though.
But the semester will be over for me in about six weeks (finals are the second week in May), and after that I won't have consistent access to a computer or Internet until school starts again in August. I will still have my phone and figured out how to type on my computer then sync it to my phone to copy/paste, but I still only have 1G a month, so I won't be here very much. I'd really like for us to be able to write together a little more before then if possible.
(Of course, y'all are encouraged to keep going over the summer, but I'd like to be part of the fun as well! (x )
I'm still all for staying in on this guys

If the Thalmor were in the city, it'd be a good conflict, I think. Just, everyone talking about the problem but suddenly it's more or less face to face... and there's a Thalmor 'Hound' in a group's midst too so tensions would be even more thin.

It'd certainly be good if characters could come together somehow.

I'm sure my little Ambassador would be running straight up to the Palace of Kings should Thalmor agents be snooping around to warn the Jarl.

If the Thalmor were in the city, it'd be a good conflict, I think. Just, everyone talking about the problem but suddenly it's more or less face to face... and there's a Thalmor 'Hound' in a group's midst too so tensions would be even more thin.

It'd certainly be good if characters could come together somehow.

I'm sure my little Ambassador would be running straight up to the Palace of Kings should Thalmor agents be snooping around to warn the Jarl.

Yeah, it would be a dilemma for the characters in the city, whether to get out of there while they could or stay and try to do something about it. The unusual situation could form some unusual alliances as well. It could also force characters currently on the fence or ambivalent to the factions to take a side, unless they just fled the area entirely, since in many cases even doing nothing would support one or the other.

I'm still all for staying in on this guys
Great! What do you think of this last discussion? Any thoughts for your character?

Last edited:
This is the day, the big day, this day is to be perfect and no less. A man of rather high stature paced up and down the halls. He was wearing the finest suit that he owned along with a new silk tie that he bought for this occasion. On his coat was a perfectly placed name tag that read "Tim". Tim had a gleam in his eye, a smile on his face and a purpose in his heart. You may not have known this and I would be quite astonished if you weren't aware of this but today was Tim's big day. It was the grand opening of his new hotel the "Royal Rose" It's quite an elegant name it has a certain ring to it does it not? This day was to be the most spectacular day in existence, this day would even rival the birth of Jesus Christ.

Tim had taken all the precautions, there is no way this day could be ruined not one chance. Last night Tim checked every room in his 35 story hotel. He made sure that every room was furnished properly, every hallway was clear of trash, he even went so far as to make sure every pillow had a complimentary mint under it. The next day he did the exact same thing. Tim's tensed up face slowly repositioned itself back into his friendly smile. Tim lightly taped the button "1" He had a handkerchief in hand so he would not place a fingerprint on the elevator buttons. It was almost as the elevator inclined so did his stress.

He was now in the lobby. The walls where a beautiful white marble and the floors were dressed in an exquisite red carpet with a black trim. And in the middle of it all was a handsome looking fountain. On top of this fountain were placed two fine looking stallions. "Such majestic creatures," He thought to himself with a blank stare on his face. The hotel also had great lighting, he had placed many windows in this hotel which gave it more of a natural light, it was a very satisfying to be the presence of this hotel. Tim quickly walked to the front of the hotel. He made sure that the guest would be greeted by himself and some delicious looking snacks.

So he waited by the door. He smiled the entire time. Ding Dong Ding, His ears were greeted with the wonderful sound of bells. 5:00 It was time for the doors to open, and so they did. Tims well-chosen employees opened the doors. A moderate sized crowd waited for the doors to open. "Hello there my name is Tim and welcome to the Royal Roze hotel."x42. Yes, everything was going to plan. Happy guest enjoying the hotel. Nothing could ruin this nothing at all, except for the wrath of God and to Tim's misfortune that wrath was released.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw some guest glaring at something on the floor. It was in the area around the fountain. Of corse, Tim needed to know what was going on. With long strides, he moved himself towards the situation. He almost had to think about how to walk "Left, Right, Left, Right" On his way over a couple of scenarios repeated in his head. "What if it's a cracked water line, or perhaps a spill of some form, *Gasp* What if it's a dead body!" But no, It was none of these, as a matter of fact, it was much worse than a dead body. A tile around the fountain had been carelessly placed upside down.

Tim's blood went cold. His smile became lump sided and his right eye began to twitch. His hands were now deadly fists "Calm down Tim we don't want a repeat of Christmas do we." Said the little voice in his head." His chest began to rise and sink while he breathed slowly. He began to get absurd glances from everyone in the hotel. He quickly stormed off back to the front of the hotel. "I simply won't think about it anymore. Easier said than done my friend. As more new faces poured into the hotel, the more and more he became concerned of the tile.

A vain in his neck began to bulge and his awkward smile turned into a frown. "This will simply not do." He ran back to the tile and got onto all fours. He pressed his eye on the tile. A fire burned in his eye. "This day was going to be perfect, and you ruined it!" He hissed. He was gnashing his teeth at the tile as if he was a predator protecting his territory. Tim knew this would not get him anywhere, but what else was he to do? He got back onto his feet again. A crowd had encircled him. He looked around him. People had smiles on their faces and were looking down upon him, they were mocking him. "Do you think this is FUNNY!" He growled. He was groping his hair and biting his lip.

"HOW can they be so foolish! how could You be so foolish! He said pointing to his guests. Every vein in his body was bulging. He was red, filled with steam. Tim's hair was a mess, Hell Tim was a mess. He kicked the fountain with such force trying to release his rage. He quietly let out a yelp. "GET out of my way" He stammered pushing people out of the way. He was trying to leave the hotel. On his way out he grabbed a bottle of scotch and shouted "Morons!" He has never seen in front of that hotel ever again.

The next day there was a large red sign there was a sign outside of the hotel. FOR SALE

(Ha ha ha, After several days of pain and agony I have gotten my computer back! I am indeed still active in the rp and I plan to be for a while. Man, I should probably check on Jekkel. He has been soaking in the tub for quite a while.)

(Ha ha ha, After several days of pain and agony I have gotten my computer back! I am indeed still active in the rp and I plan to be for a while. Man, I should probably check on Jekkel. He has been soaking in the tub for quite a while.)

(Will quote the last bit not the whole thing, but I read it all!) Oh my god, thank you for that! I needed a little giggle to see me through the night, and it's really cool to see someone giving my little writing thing a go. You nailed the show don't tell, I think. Good going, my dude.

Also yeah, Jekkel is probably a prune by this stage. Welcome back.

This is the day, the big day, this day is to be perfect and no less. A man of rather high stature paced up and down the halls. He was wearing the finest suit that he owned along with a new silk tie that he bought for this occasion. On his coat was a perfectly placed name tag that read "Tim". Tim had a gleam in his eye, a smile on his face and a purpose in his heart. You may not have known this and I would be quite astonished if you weren't aware of this but today was Tim's big day. It was the grand opening of his new hotel the "Royal Rose" It's quite an elegant name it has a certain ring to it does it not? This day was to be the most spectacular day in existence, this day would even rival the birth of Jesus Christ.

Tim had taken all the precautions, there is no way this day could be ruined not one chance. Last night Tim checked every room in his 35 story hotel. He made sure that every room was furnished properly, every hallway was clear of trash, he even went so far as to make sure every pillow had a complimentary mint under it. The next day he did the exact same thing. Tim's tensed up face slowly repositioned itself back into his friendly smile. Tim lightly taped the button "1" He had a handkerchief in hand so he would not place a fingerprint on the elevator buttons. It was almost as the elevator inclined so did his stress.

He was now in the lobby. The walls where a beautiful white marble and the floors were dressed in an exquisite red carpet with a black trim. And in the middle of it all was a handsome looking fountain. On top of this fountain were placed two fine looking stallions. "Such majestic creatures," He thought to himself with a blank stare on his face. The hotel also had great lighting, he had placed many windows in this hotel which gave it more of a natural light, it was a very satisfying to be the presence of this hotel. Tim quickly walked to the front of the hotel. He made sure that the guest would be greeted by himself and some delicious looking snacks.

So he waited by the door. He smiled the entire time. Ding Dong Ding, His ears were greeted with the wonderful sound of bells. 5:00 It was time for the doors to open, and so they did. Tims well-chosen employees opened the doors. A moderate sized crowd waited for the doors to open. "Hello there my name is Tim and welcome to the Royal Roze hotel."x42. Yes, everything was going to plan. Happy guest enjoying the hotel. Nothing could ruin this nothing at all, except for the wrath of God and to Tim's misfortune that wrath was released.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw some guest glaring at something on the floor. It was in the area around the fountain. Of corse, Tim needed to know what was going on. With long strides, he moved himself towards the situation. He almost had to think about how to walk "Left, Right, Left, Right" On his way over a couple of scenarios repeated in his head. "What if it's a cracked water line, or perhaps a spill of some form, *Gasp* What if it's a dead body!" But no, It was none of these, as a matter of fact, it was much worse than a dead body. A tile around the fountain had been carelessly placed upside down.

Tim's blood went cold. His smile became lump sided and his right eye began to twitch. His hands were now deadly fists "Calm down Tim we don't want a repeat of Christmas do we." Said the little voice in his head." His chest began to rise and sink while he breathed slowly. He began to get absurd glances from everyone in the hotel. He quickly stormed off back to the front of the hotel. "I simply won't think about it anymore. Easier said than done my friend. As more new faces poured into the hotel, the more and more he became concerned of the tile.

A vain in his neck began to bulge and his awkward smile turned into a frown. "This will simply not do." He ran back to the tile and got onto all fours. He pressed his eye on the tile. A fire burned in his eye. "This day was going to be perfect, and you ruined it!" He hissed. He was gnashing his teeth at the tile as if he was a predator protecting his territory. Tim knew this would not get him anywhere, but what else was he to do? He got back onto his feet again. A crowd had encircled him. He looked around him. People had smiles on their faces and were looking down upon him, they were mocking him. "Do you think this is FUNNY!" He growled. He was groping his hair and biting his lip.

"HOW can they be so foolish! how could You be so foolish! He said pointing to his guests. Every vein in his body was bulging. He was red, filled with steam. Tim's hair was a mess, Hell Tim was a mess. He kicked the fountain with such force trying to release his rage. He quietly let out a yelp. "GET out of my way" He stammered pushing people out of the way. He was trying to leave the hotel. On his way out he grabbed a bottle of scotch and shouted "Morons!" He has never seen in front of that hotel ever again.

The next day there was a large red sign there was a sign outside of the hotel. FOR SALE

????

That was Jake's response to Nat's prompt in our writing game. The idea was to pick one of the pictures and write a response with a character, but following the "show, don't tell" rule. So, instead of saying that Tim was angry, Jake showed his state of mind through Tim's actions. I think the prompt may still be open if you're interested in participating. Whoever writes the best one gets to make the next prompt.

Luna: BITCH IT'S ON. *runs and prepares to cannonball into Jekkel's bath, but is instead scooped up Kitty and tossed the other direction*
NO! INDECENT
Luna: But moooooooooom
NO

Last edited:
Okay, so I finally finished typing up the main info page! I'll be putting this up soon in the Interest Check section to allow for questions and for people to ask for a spot if one opens, etc. but I don't think I'll advertise it as currently accepting right now, unless y'all want a bigger group. But, at the moment, there are six of us, which I think is a comfortable number, especially if some of our old members show up again. This is also for y'all's reference if needed, just to clean up these old posts and make them more organized. I'll be making a Characters page and a new OOC (since I think it's technically not supposed to be in Interest Checks), which I will link to.

Before I make it public, though, I wanted to know what y'all think of it. Anything you'd add or change?

full
Welcome”Greetings, citizen. You’ve come here as a civilian, but will you leave as one? That’s for you to decide, but know well that turning tail will not protect you from danger. It surrounds you, all of us, at every turn, and so it is the duty of every true son and daughter of Skyrim to protect their home from the perils it now faces. What’s that? The Stormcloaks are no more? Aye, that’s true, but their people have not been defeated. Like the rocks at sea, they may be hidden for a time, but they will still stand strong. Of course there will be opposition. Some will still stand with their puppet Empire, though even now some of both Stormcloak and Legionnaire are beginning to see their true enemy and tentatively agreed to work together. What will come of this alliance is yet to be seen, and not every Imperial has agreed, so stay sharp and be on your guard. Besides former Imperials, some others will seek favor and prestige from the overlords. But fear not, citizen of Skyrim. ‘The Age of Oppression is now nearly done…’
Signed, Gunjar Broken-Sword”

(Hello, and welcome to the information page for The Second Rebellion! This is a roleplay set four years after the end of the Civil War with the Thalmor in control of Skyrim. Ulfric was said to be executed and the Stormcloaks forced underground, but rumor is spreading that he escaped and his army is regathering to combat the Thalmor. Characters will deal with the workings and consequences of this rebellion, either aiding it, fighting against it, or simply trying to live with it.)

Plot
full
It is the year 205 of the Fourth Era, four years after the Empire emerged “victorious” in the civil war that wracked Skyrim, though with their long-fought battle and the heavy terms imposed by their allies, the Thalmor, few would call it a true victory. The war is over and the Empire rules over the province in name, but the Thalmor hold the real power in the region. When they gained power, they began working hard to destroy the remnants of the rebellion, making support or sympathy for the Stormcloaks an act of treason, cracking down on dissention in the name of security, and ultimately executing Ulfric Stormcloak and Galmar Stone-Fist, among any other known rebels they could catch. Those that remained scattered to the winds, going into hiding or returning home to their families. When news of the executions spread, they believed that the rebellion was well and truly crushed for good.

For some time, it seemed that they were right, until a wild rumor began to circulate saying that the news of the executions was false. Ulfric hadn’t been executed! He had escaped and was even now gathering his supporters to rise up and finish the job they started! Of course, there were many who didn’t believe this rumor. It was just too far-fetched. Nobody could escape elven efficiency, there was no doubt of that. But what if they had? The possibility was too much for others to pass up, and they hoped against hope that it was true. For many, outright rebellion was impossible, but they began a small program of resistance in hopes of helping any who would fight against their new masters.

Others, however, took a more active role. Some of them were former Stormcloaks or their sympathisers, forced out of the law by the new regime, who began to seek each other out in the cities and camps, search for Ulfric and his army, and make trouble for the Thalmor in any way they could. Some were part of the Thalmor themselves or citizens vying for position, openly fighting against threats to security, secretly gathering intelligence on rebel movements, and seeking to gain and maintain order and control in Skyrim. And, of course, still others were common citizens stuck in the middle, trying to navigate the new and dangerous landscape, giving subtle support to one or both sides, and seeking some sort of normalcy after years of conflict.

Today, it is a well-known fact that there is an active resistance against the Thalmor leadership. This has not gone unnoticed or unpunished, but it is yet unbroken. Lines are being drawn once again across the Skyrim as two factions struggle for life and land. As of right now, the fighting has been scattered and sporadic, not really affecting the common man that much, but it can’t stay that way forever. Eventually, everyone may have to choose a side. Will it be the right one?
Roleplay StatusRoleplay Status: Active, but temporarily on pause
Accepting?: Not currently. Check back later!
Active Members: Alba (Albagubrath), Jake (Sir Jake), Kitten (explosiveKitten), Lock (Locklaklazarii), Nat (0stinato), Twyll (Twyllvarlais)

Characters:
Jekkel the Strange - Male, Imperial, Unaligned - Brief description (Jake)
Kumiko Arkia Tora - Male, Khajiit, Unaligned - Brief description (Nat)
Maroluna - Female, Khajiit, Unaligned - Brief description (Kitten)
Pysmia Larethor IV - Female, Altmer, Thalmor - Brief description (Lock)
Saorat - Female, Khajiit, Rebel - An unlikely member of the former Stormcloak rebellion, but a loyal and devoted one nonetheless. (Alba)
Yvondir Direnni - Male, Altmer, Thalmor - Brief description (Twyll)
Rules and Joining
full
Before joining, please keep these rules in mind.

*Respect- This is probably the most important rule for any group. If members are rude or unkind to each other, it can ruin everybody’s enjoyment. Please keep any personal conflicts out of the chat and treat everyone with kindness. This includes being respectful of others boundaries and keeping your posts reasonably clean (PG-13 with discretion, no R) in and out of character. Also, please remember that the leaders are willing to discuss issues with you and try to come to an agreement, but ultimately their word goes.

*Activity- This is meant to be pretty laid-back so that everyone can have their own lives without feeling pressured to be online all the time. That said, please try to be in at least once a week and keep everyone updated. If you’ve been gone for a long time without notice, your character may be written away (preferably sent somewhere else so you can return, but possibly killed) or your spot given to somebody else. If you keep us updated, your spot will be saved.
On a similar note, there’s not a formal posting requirement that you always have to meet, but do try to give others enough to respond to. This may vary according to the situation, but at least two paragraphs is preferred whenever possible.

*”Realism”- Because there’s nothing more realistic than a world with soul-eating dragons and talking dogs, right? But, while this does still fall into the realm of fantasy, basic rules of reason still apply. Please keep in mind that your character will not be as powerful as they are in-game because 1) they’re not the Dragonborn and 2) they actually have train and survive and the like. If your character has special talents or equipment, please be sure to justify it in their background. This goes to the judgement of whichever person is reviewing the character.

*Fun- Yep, here’s the cheesy “have fun!” line. But, I’m serious, I really do want y’all to enjoy yourselves. Serious and dramatic moments are great, but silly and fun ones are welcome as well. Have fun putting your characters in absurd situations, be willing to laugh at yourself, and make friends with the people you’re writing with. Finally, don’t hesitate to offer your ideas on how to make things better or to bring up any issues or concerns you may have.

And that’s it! If you’d like to fill one of the spots, just post here with this short form:
What do you like to be called?:
Time Zone:
What sort of character do you have in mind?:
Any fun Skyrim stories you’d like to share?:
Are you willing to provide a writing sample?: (optional, but preferred)

This is also a good place to ask any questions about the roleplay you might have,
I would like to point out the Characters section under Roleplay Status. Once the new Characters page is created and your cleaned posts are put there, I'll link to them, but I'd also like to include a short description of the characters in their little info line. I can make something up for them if you like, but I'd rather y'all describe them yourselves. It doesn't have to be much, just a short sentence or two describing who they are or what they're doing.

Kumiko isn't aligned personally but because of his Thaneship he has to be aligned with the Stormcloaks. So he'd be supportive of the rebellion because of this.

I'll describe that thus - "Individually unaligned, but stands with the Stormcloaks because, as a Thane of Riften, it is expected of him. Confused in general."

Kumiko isn't aligned personally but because of his Thaneship he has to be aligned with the Stormcloaks. So he'd be supportive of the rebellion because of this.

I'll describe that thus - "Individually unaligned, but stands with the Stormcloaks because, as a Thane of Riften, it is expected of him. Confused in general."
"Confused in general." Sounds about right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back