• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Second Rebellion - Skyrim Interest Check

Oh my gosh, I checked my Character's profile and for some reason, the new site doesn't like my character. I'm just glad I back up all my characters in google docs.

Oh dear! At least you have another copy. Did you have any HTML in it? That might be the reason.

Yeah, I think there's still enough interest to keep this going for a while yet, but busy schedules have made it difficult to get back together. Perhaps we could try to choose a time for as many of us as possible to be online at one time? We could set up a message in Discord to chat and coordinate, then write posts when it's your turn. That sound like something y'all would like to do? Any other ideas? (:

Okay, so I think I'm gonna start working on that revamp of the pages and stuff. And I'm actually gonna try to use a bit of coding to make it pretty and stuff. -gasp-
I'm a bit of novice in this regard, so I'll post it here before sending it live to see if y'all like it. Also, if you have any design suggestions or whatnot, feel free to leave them here!

Last edited:
This is the basic template I've made. Of course, it will look a little better once real text is included. What do y'all think? Any suggestions or changes?

full
WelcomeBllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Plot
full
Bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Roleplay StatusBllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Active members, character factions, plot updates/progress, etc.

Rules and Joining
full
Bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Points, emphasis, etc.

This is the basic template I've made. Of course, it will look a little better once real text is included. What do y'all think? Any suggestions or changes?

full
WelcomeBllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Plot
full
Bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Roleplay StatusBllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Active members, character factions, plot updates/progress, etc.

Rules and Joining
full
bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Bllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Points, emphasis, etc.

I think it's blaaaah. I mean good! I think it's good! Unintrusive colour scheme. Maybe try to get the map in there though, if just as a hyperlink. I can upload it to my DA and send you the link if that'd be helpful. Just so everyone can see it large-scale. But it looks fancy to me. I like what you've done, having the pictures so we don't get bored and wander off.

I think it's blaaaah. I mean good! I think it's good! Unintrusive colour scheme. Maybe try to get the map in there though, if just as a hyperlink. I can upload it to my DA and send you the link if that'd be helpful. Just so everyone can see it large-scale. But it looks fancy to me. I like what you've done, having the pictures so we don't get bored and wander off.

Oh, that's right! I do need to put that in there, I had forgotten... Maybe I could put a thumbnail in the Status section, then clicking on it would lead to the full-sized thing? Or could just put the full thing to start with, save a step.

But thank you very much! I was a little concerned about the colors being a little dull, but I thought that fit with a snow/rock/ice landscape.
The thing I don't like about the last picture, though, is that there's this huge empty space between the text and the image. I've been trying to make that go away and the text end a little closer to the sword, but no luck yet...

... *rolls around*
Hey there. Still haven't heard back from Sith? I'll tag him once this gets rolling again, but you've been waiting a long time, so you can go ahead and move on if you want to. I haven't heard from Morgathos is a long while either. I'm gonna tag him as well, but if haven't heard from him in a while longer, may have to figure out how to move on. If that happens, we might could work out a way for our kitties to meet each other, yeah?

If that happens, we might could work out a way for our kitties to meet each other, yeah?

Kumi:
You're going to have Kitten Klub without me?
I'm having to stand around talking boooring politics and you're having Kitten Klub.
Agh.
Save me some milk though. Please?

In all seriousness though, I was a little worried this wouldn't survive The Transfer. I'm glad it's on the move again, if slowly...

Kumi:
You're going to have Kitten Klub without me?
I'm having to stand around talking boooring politics and you're having Kitten Klub.
Agh.
Save me some milk though. Please?

In all seriousness though, I was a little worried this wouldn't survive The Transfer. I'm glad it's on the move again, if slowly...

Aww... Poor Kumi, but that's part of being Thane, yeah? Maybe he can join the Kittie Club after he's done being diplomatic and stuffs. And then he comes back to a literal catfight... (x

Yeah, I think that may be why some of our people haven't shown back up. I remember back with the other transfer how quite a few players disappeared. I'm going to be gone for Spring Break this next week and I bet there are a few others scattered around, so it may be hard to get everyone in one place for a bit.
I had a couple ideas based on some group projects on another site, but I'm not sure how they will transfer here, so I was gonna see what y'all thought.
One idea was to have an off-the-record, just-for-fun event. This doesn't have to have anything to do with the plot or even be a serious roleplay at all (we actually had a couple sue-plays, where everyone made their character as ridiculously over-the-top and dramatic as they could, which was quite hilarious). We also sometimes played little mini-games, like where someone would come up with a prompt for members to respond to (in character or with one off the top of their head) and then pick the best one, and then that person would write the next and so on. I don't know if that's ever been a thing here, but it was something fun to do in the interim when most of our members were busy.
We would also sometimes try to schedule specific times when everybody would try to be on at once for roleplay and/or recruiting. This was a little easier because we had a site time-zone, but I bet we could make it work. It couldn't transfer entirely because it was a private rp that we temporarily brought to the public to increase interest, but it helped with recruiting to have a group of friendly members chatting away and ready to answer questions. That might be a handy way to use Discord?

I'm going to work on making those pages this evening. This is mostly for our own ease of access and everything, but I think it may help with gathering interest as well. The issue, of course, is keeping that interest. So, here I go with questions again (oh boy!)!
1) What size of group would y'all be most comfortable in? (Note: I can usually only keep track of about a handful of people GM-wise, but if y'all like the idea of having faction leaders and splitting responsibility that way, we could expand a bit.)
2) What sort of things gain and keep your interest? What do you think of the above ideas? Any other suggestions?
And, as always, other sorts of feedback are welcome as well.

Kumi:
Jarl Whatsherface chose the wrong cat for the job.
Should've chosen... like... Kharjo... or... another cat... maybe...
Or maybe just not a Khajiit at all. Maybe that's the real reason we're not exactly popular in politics.
'Cause it's just... it makes me want to sleep on all the tables.

1) It's been stated that up to five people can hold a single conversation. Any more than that and the conversation splits into multiple different ones. So it's the same with characters. And even then, five is quite a big number for characters. Imagine five sat at a table - it will be easier once we know each other's characters better, and we already know some quite well but it still stands - and you're going to have to get five posts just to loop round for one 'round' of the roleplay. Or less, maybe but... as it is with Kumi, Jekkel, Gabriel and Yvondir in Gabriel's house, that's quite crowded. I'm in another roleplay where there are six characters at a table (five roleplayers) and it has just splintered in the last post put up by the GM. So yeah - whatever that's worth... that's my view...

2) Anything that I think will build myself up as a writer or help me expand my horizons with a character. It seems that the only time I'm not afraid to try something new is in writing, hence why I'm in such a variety of roleplay genres at the moment. So anything from Dark and a bit niche to Wild Wacky Arm Flailing Inflatable Tube-Man weirdness. I have characters for everything really. And Kumiko's pretty flexible. As it stands I think the ideas you have a the moment, like the mini-game thing, sound interesting. A big part of roleplay that people seem to forget is knowing who you're playing with. So even just playing a silly little game occasionally, people might stay because they enjoy who they're roleplaying with as well as the roleplay itself. They'll look forward to the posts more, want to explore the world with these people.

Kumi:
Jarl Whatsherface chose the wrong cat for the job.
Should've chosen... like... Kharjo... or... another cat... maybe...
Or maybe just not a Khajiit at all. Maybe that's the real reason we're not exactly popular in politics.
'Cause it's just... it makes me want to sleep on all the tables.

1) It's been stated that up to five people can hold a single conversation. Any more than that and the conversation splits into multiple different ones. So it's the same with characters. And even then, five is quite a big number for characters. Imagine five sat at a table - it will be easier once we know each other's characters better, and we already know some quite well but it still stands - and you're going to have to get five posts just to loop round for one 'round' of the roleplay. Or less, maybe but... as it is with Kumi, Jekkel, Gabriel and Yvondir in Gabriel's house, that's quite crowded. I'm in another roleplay where there are six characters at a table (five roleplayers) and it has just splintered in the last post put up by the GM. So yeah - whatever that's worth... that's my view...

2) Anything that I think will build myself up as a writer or help me expand my horizons with a character. It seems that the only time I'm not afraid to try something new is in writing, hence why I'm in such a variety of roleplay genres at the moment. So anything from Dark and a bit niche to Wild Wacky Arm Flailing Inflatable Tube-Man weirdness. I have characters for everything really. And Kumiko's pretty flexible. As it stands I think the ideas you have a the moment, like the mini-game thing, sound interesting. A big part of roleplay that people seem to forget is knowing who you're playing with. So even just playing a silly little game occasionally, people might stay because they enjoy who they're roleplaying with as well as the roleplay itself. They'll look forward to the posts more, want to explore the world with these people.

Thank you, those are good points... Are there particular types of writing games that you find most fun/effective?

Something else that cropped up occasionally before I came here were hatching roleplays, which were basically character development exercises in RP form. It involved characters interacting with a set of eggs (written by the GM) until they found a compatible partner among them and the egg hatched into some sort of creature. They were meant to have an over-arching plot where characters would go on a quest or something, but it didn't always get that far. But still, it was a fun way to explore the characters, especially when communication between the two was at least partially telepathic, so it involved memories and emotions as well as words. I don't know how well that would work in this case, but it might could be adapted to suit these characters.
Maybe each player could come up with a creature intended for another character, then all the characters would interact with them and would choose their own egg, and the game would be to see if the players could guess which one they would choose/who did the best job matching?

Another game was kinda like the escape-box thing (I've no idea what to call it...), where characters who didn't know each other (or were antagonistic to each other) were forced together in a locked room to figure out puzzles and those awkward team-building camp games in order to escape. Bonus points if it's in an environment completely alien to them all.

(Oh, also, I went to add that map just now, but it looks like it went wonky with the transfer. Could you send it to me again please?)

Last edited:
Okay, so I've added a bit of information, but I want to make sure the setup makes sense before I keep going.
I thought it would be neat to kinda have the page in-character as much as possible, but that also makes explaining certain bits more roundabout. To deal with this, I added a sort of OOC section afterward to address the person themselves rather than the character, but I don't know what that will do to immersion or if that should be a concern.
Also, since the plot deals with a rebellion mostly backed by former Stormcloaks (though not entirely, as mentioned), I thought it would be appropriate to reflect that in the speaker's tone. However, I'm a bit concerned about it being too harsh and off-putting. Should it be toned down a bit? Is it clear that characters besides former Stormcloaks are welcomed?

full
WelcomeGreetings, citizen. You’ve come here as a civilian, but will you leave as one? That’s for you to decide, but know well that turning tail will not protect you from danger. It surrounds you, all of us, at every turn, and so it is the duty of every true son and daughter of Skyrim to protect their home from the perils it now faces. What’s that? The Stormcloaks are no more? Aye, that’s true, but their people have not been defeated. Like the rocks at sea, they may be hidden for a time, but they will still stand strong. Of course there will be opposition. Some will still stand with their puppet Empire, though even now some of both Stormcloak and Legionnaire are beginning to see their true enemy and tentatively agreed to work together. What will come of this alliance is yet to be seen, and not every Imperial has agreed, so stay sharp and be on your guard. Besides former Imperials, some others will seek favor and prestige from the overlords. But fear not, citizen of Skyrim. “The Age of Oppression is now nearly done…”

(Hello, and welcome to the information page for The Second Rebellion! This is a roleplay set four years after the end of the Civil War with the Thalmor in control of Skyrim. Ulfric was said to be executed and the Stormcloaks forced underground, but rumor is spreading that he escaped and his army is regathering to combat the Thalmor. Characters will deal with the workings and consequences of this rebellion, either aiding it, fighting against it, or simply trying to live with it.)

Hey there. Still haven't heard back from Sith? I'll tag him once this gets rolling again, but you've been waiting a long time, so you can go ahead and move on if you want to. I haven't heard from Morgathos is a long while either. I'm gonna tag him as well, but if haven't heard from him in a while longer, may have to figure out how to move on. If that happens, we might could work out a way for our kitties to meet each other, yeah?
Kaaaaaay, if you'll still have me. I'd love toooo

btw what the hell is this about a hosted project? I haven't been paying attention to... much of anything recently... thats my own fault tho so dont blame yourself

Kaaaaaay, if you'll still have me. I'd love toooo

btw what the hell is this about a hosted project? I haven't been paying attention to... much of anything recently... thats my own fault tho so dont blame yourself
Sure thing!

It was an idea I was talking about before the transfer, maybe trying to expand a little bit. But, with applications for HPs being closed and with most of our people busy or spotty, that may not happen. However, I have been working on a bit of a revamp to make things a little more organized and to possibly gain some more interest if many of our players have gone.

Aww... Poor Kumi, but that's part of being Thane, yeah? Maybe he can join the Kittie Club after he's done being diplomatic and stuffs. And then he comes back to a literal catfight... (x

Yeah, I think that may be why some of our people haven't shown back up. I remember back with the other transfer how quite a few players disappeared. I'm going to be gone for Spring Break this next week and I bet there are a few others scattered around, so it may be hard to get everyone in one place for a bit.
I had a couple ideas based on some group projects on another site, but I'm not sure how they will transfer here, so I was gonna see what y'all thought.
One idea was to have an off-the-record, just-for-fun event. This doesn't have to have anything to do with the plot or even be a serious roleplay at all (we actually had a couple sue-plays, where everyone made their character as ridiculously over-the-top and dramatic as they could, which was quite hilarious). We also sometimes played little mini-games, like where someone would come up with a prompt for members to respond to (in character or with one off the top of their head) and then pick the best one, and then that person would write the next and so on. I don't know if that's ever been a thing here, but it was something fun to do in the interim when most of our members were busy.
We would also sometimes try to schedule specific times when everybody would try to be on at once for roleplay and/or recruiting. This was a little easier because we had a site time-zone, but I bet we could make it work. It couldn't transfer entirely because it was a private rp that we temporarily brought to the public to increase interest, but it helped with recruiting to have a group of friendly members chatting away and ready to answer questions. That might be a handy way to use Discord?

I'm going to work on making those pages this evening. This is mostly for our own ease of access and everything, but I think it may help with gathering interest as well. The issue, of course, is keeping that interest. So, here I go with questions again (oh boy!)!
1) What size of group would y'all be most comfortable in? (Note: I can usually only keep track of about a handful of people GM-wise, but if y'all like the idea of having faction leaders and splitting responsibility that way, we could expand a bit.)
2) What sort of things gain and keep your interest? What do you think of the above ideas? Any other suggestions?
And, as always, other sorts of feedback are welcome as well.
Thank you, those are good points... Are there particular types of writing games that you find most fun/effective?

Something else that cropped up occasionally before I came here were hatching roleplays, which were basically character development exercises in RP form. It involved characters interacting with a set of eggs (written by the GM) until they found a compatible partner among them and the egg hatched into some sort of creature. They were meant to have an over-arching plot where characters would go on a quest or something, but it didn't always get that far. But still, it was a fun way to explore the characters, especially when communication between the two was at least partially telepathic, so it involved memories and emotions as well as words. I don't know how well that would work in this case, but it might could be adapted to suit these characters.
Maybe each player could come up with a creature intended for another character, then all the characters would interact with them and would choose their own egg, and the game would be to see if the players could guess which one they would choose/who did the best job matching?

Another game was kinda like the escape-box thing (I've no idea what to call it...), where characters who didn't know each other (or were antagonistic to each other) were forced together in a locked room to figure out puzzles and those awkward team-building camp games in order to escape. Bonus points if it's in an environment completely alien to them all.

(Oh, also, I went to add that map just now, but it looks like it went wonky with the transfer. Could you send it to me again please?)

Yea man I think that sounds like a great idea! Getting a lot of character development and what not, and just having some fun in general.

My preference for Rps is usually small to median, mainly for the fact that I get overwhelmed very easy. Plus, lately I have had some shortage of time.

One more note, I am in the process of moving and in order to show the house off to other people I had to hide away my computer somewhere :( So that limits me on post but I will try my best to get some post in on other devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back