• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Search - OOC (Closed Temporarily (Read Interest))

Lamia Lamia Hey just had a look over your cs and there's quite a few issues I'd have to address.
The most pressing one being her ability of lightning generation and lightning redirection.
Lightning generation was reserved for the fire nation royalty or high ranking officers, and was rare even among them. I could maybe see her learning it over time, but the technique requires a complete absence of emotion which I just wouldn't really see.
Lightning redirection was supposedly created by Iroh, which would be 60+ years from the time of the start of this rp. To be fair the lore around it is a bit iffy, but one thing would be clear, the ability would be unseen up until this point in time. There's also no explanation as to how she came to have this ability. I'd really only see this ability coming around very late into the rp from a master firebender who has studied waterbending techniques.

Secondly and perhaps more concerning is her pets, firstly there's no real mention of how she obtained a deer dog despite them only being seen around the desert, but that isn't really a massive issue. The main issue is how she has a flying bison. How could she possibly have obtained a flying bison if she was not an airbender, and had never visited an air temple? Airbenders receive a flying bison while in training as a lifelong companion, no other people have access or a connection to them. Flying bison are airbenders, and likely only bond with humans that can airbend.

For the weapons I wonder how a petite girl can carry and use so many, especially with her seemingly low degree of training. (I assume by ballista you are referring to a crossbow (which is only seen on pirates, so would also need explanation), and not the siege weapon). Under fighting style you also just put fire-bender, so I don't really understand why she has any weapons if that was the case.

As for the history, it's okay, leaves a lot unexplained like how her father just straight wouldn't believe her, nor does it explain her leaving the fire nation, unless you were planning to address that with a large initial post. There should probably be some explanation of heritage as she has a bronze skin tone, yet most in the fire nation are relatively pale, but this isn't a big deal to be honest. There are a few other things but backstory isn't the most vital part of a character sheet as characters will explain them (if they choose to) over the rp anyway.

There is also a firebender already accepted, and while I'm not against having multiple benders of the same affinity, I do prefer diversity to benefit combat situations, character interactions, and the like. Also multiple firebenders is the most unlikely scenario as the fire nation are against our characters in this story.

I'm trying to keep the rp pretty accurate lore wise, and relatively 'realistic' considering the setting, so I'll be quite strict about these kinds of things, even during the rp.

Hi, just now seeing this.
I didn't really read up on her skills too much. Just scanned through. Totally my fault. I will just make her have no special skills for the time being.

As for the pets, I'll change the flying bison bit as well. Gosh, I didn't realize how much I didn't think through her profile. O_O Sorry.

I was planning on explaining on how she acquired the weapons in the actual rp if that's okay.

I plan to also work on her history more to explain the uncertainty of her father.

Oh, I forgot about the bit of the fire nation being against the characters. Should I change her bending skill?

I totally understand about you wanting everything to be accurate. I'm just gonna head over to the character sheets thread and just change a few things around lol.

Last edited:
Hi, just now seeing this.
I didn't really read up on her skills too much. Just scanned through. Totally my fault. I will just make her have no special skills for the time being.

As for the pets, I'll change the flying bison bit as well. Gosh, I didn't realize how much I didn't think through her profile. O_O Sorry.

I was planning on explaining on how she acquired the weapons in the actual rp if that's okay.

I plan to also work on her history more to explain the uncertainty of her father.

Oh, I forgot about the bit of the fire nation being against the characters. Should I change her bending skill?

I totally understand about you wanting everything to be accurate. I'm just gonna head over to the character sheets thread and just change a few things around lol.

For things like weapon abilities, you'll need to at least PM me about them if you want to reveal them in the rp, so that I can approve them.
You can change her bending skill if you want, I'm unlikely to accept another fire bender at this time. Let me know when you're done editing and I'll have another look.

Illusive Illusive Hey might just want to have a quick re-read of your post, just a few words seem out of place and some missing speech marks.
Not a big deal, and I hope I don't sound like a nazi haha, just to make it clear what you're relaying :D

I know I'm making quite a few assumptions of your characters atm, just a heads up that this won't be the norm, it's simply to progress the start faster, as sticking around without a plot generally isn't fun :^) Any complaints feel free to let me know and I can edit my posts.

Illusive Illusive LieutenantL LieutenantL ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Probably going to do a time skip after you guys post, if you decide to, you have the option to also just post after the time skip explaining what your character did prior, just let me know if that is the case.

Also Illusive Illusive the avatar is still only 12, he technically isn't regarded as missing yet by officials. Though your character could consider him missing since he hasn't been announced, though if she knew a lot about the avatar she would expect it.

Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart Hey, CS looks good so far. Just wondering with the air bison, usually airbenders get theirs at a much younger age, and it seems they all do it at a similar time, like a festival sort of deal, so I would imagine they travel together for it. Is there a reason she is going to get hers so late? (Perhaps she refused to during her time where she was depressed or was gone at that time) and why is she travelling alone for it?

Yeah, the reason she didn't get one when she was younger was because of her depression and subsequent departure. And I didn't actually know that they all do it at the same time? So that's more my mistake than actual reasoning. She could be going alone because none of the other students want to go with her because they're still wary of the girl who lost her bending? Or because she wanted to do it independently rather than with a large group of younger kids so she started earlier to get a headstart? Getting an air bison was just the best reason I could think of for a airbending apprentice to be out traveling while not having an air bison.

Yeah, the reason she didn't get one when she was younger was because of her depression and subsequent departure. And I didn't actually know that they all do it at the same time? So that's more my mistake than actual reasoning. She could be going alone because none of the other students want to go with her because they're still wary of the girl who lost her bending? Or because she wanted to do it independently rather than with a large group of younger kids so she started earlier to get a headstart? Getting an air bison was just the best reason I could think of for a airbending apprentice to be out traveling while not having an air bison.
Yeah, the idea that she wanted to travel could work, so she might have been travelling already, or just left early so she could walk the way. It's somewhat unusual for air nomads to interact with other nations I believe, but some do.

Forgot to say accepted, can go into the why travelling alone more during the rp. You're welcome to join in at the town after the time-skip, perhaps travelling in the same direction would work, or join in whenever you think would be appropriate.

Speaking of time-skip, I'll be posting in around 12 hours time, so if you haven't posted by then and want to, post or let me know and I will wait. Though you won't be missing much by not posting before it, it's only for the night IC time.

LieutenantL LieutenantL Illusive Illusive Just waiting on you guys, let me know if I got anything wrong with where they are staying, or if there's nothing for them to post :)

Wasted Ink Wasted Ink Looks like you aren't using the site anymore so I'm going to remove your character, pm me if anything changes might be a spot open later in time.

I've been waiting a bit for LieutenantL LieutenantL but seems like he hasn't been on for a while. If he doesn't return we'll continue without him. Will wait until the rp progresses past the town to accept another character, so if he's having rl issues he can return.

Randomfella Randomfella Yeah, I was gonna jump in when everyone starts moving away from the inn and meet them in transit. I didn't want my OC to get there and plan on staying at the inn only for everyone to leave; I thought that would be awkward timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back