• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Saintly Deserter. (WH40K).

RavenDaas

This is a post seeking a GM. I'll be providing a new writing sample for this post for this interested; as always I'm seeking an advanced-literate/novella partner and will require a writing sample in return for my own. Be aware that this is meant to be a highly intensive military fiction story. Logistics, tactics, so on. If you're not someone fascinated by how soldiers kept their feet warm and also by Warhammer 40,000, this probably isn't for you. No, I don't require my partners to write nearly anything that long per post. It's just a good amount of text to get the idea across.

docs.google.com/document/d/1w1gR7gdhB…

I've tossed around a few different ways to narrate this in an interesting way akin to my other posts but believe this one would best be conveyed in a more standard fashion. In short, I'm looking to have a story orchestrated around an unlikely source in the Warhammer universe- a PDF officer. In the wake of the growing battle for the fate of Cadia the Imperium has, reasonably, begun to demand what little cream of the crop of warriors their planets have left to spare them, sending out whatever agents they can to squeeze them dry wherever they suspect laxness. For our MC's home world, an unimpressive backwater that serves as a manufacture for mining corporations and guilds in the region, this has left them woefully unprepared and nervous about the reclusive but ever present Enclave lead by Farsight.

Wary of giving away the slightest hint of weakness and inviting an invasion, when probes are detected - innocently surveying - the planet is quick to rally its pathetic navy to attack them- and is easily repulsed. Annoyed and confused by the intrusion, the T'au launch further retaliations against the world before realizing, to the planet's misfortune, that they're on their own.

That was, by the time the story begins, several years ago.

Crushed between military impotency and aristocratic politicking and imperial bureaucracy, the PDF have put together an extraordinarily unsuccessful defense against the T'au, having little in the means to defend themselves, having only survived this long as a result of the careful progress the aliens have decided upon as a strategy, and the relatively large demense of the planet, forcing the T'au through a labyrinthian city that they were not altogether prepared to invade.

Cue the arrival of our MC.

A rare woman serving amongst them, Anastasya has mottled her way through the ranks of the defense force, once having been taken into custody and beaten by Aribtes after being mistaken for a rebel, skipped over for consideration for deployment off-world, and now serving as one of the few, stable (ish) front lines against the T'au as a commander. The details here are considerable and open to discussion, so, I'll leave this aside for now.

The important thing is, oops, Cadia gets cracked like an egg along with reality. As the planet itself is torn apart along with existence, a Living Saint's physical form is annihilated, sending it into the Warp to seek a new host only to be once again torn to shreds as the Warp is sundered by the birth of the Cicatrix Maledictum. Her soul scattered across reality, the Living Saint seeks out all willing candidates- and, to her pleasure, one of her shards finds a place inside Anastasya right alongside an Ork WHAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

More than willing to help this defenseless planet drive back all its invaders, the Saint's soul is horrified to realize that its new home is in the body of a woman just about to turn traitor and join the T'au.

Oops.

That's a lot of information that I don't expect to go exactly or even halfway as I put it. More than anything else I think the important thing is is that we have a story about an Imperial woman who becomes the host of a Saint who also happens to have joined the Farsight Enclave in desperation.

Because...that's just really funny and interesting to me. A Living Saint decked out in that red-orange armor sounds super badass.

That's about it folks. If something along those lines for a story interest you, feel free to reach out. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back