• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The S.S. Foreshadower Interest Check

Geozaki

Baby Dragon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
((Hey, this is the first role-play that I've created (or attempted to create) on this website, I've owned many role-plays on other sites, such as MC forums so have experience, I'm just inexperienced when it comes to this site's layouts and general stuff, but bear with me and I can learn... I hope.))

The S.S. Foreshadower, a large passenger ship transporting many people from one planet to another, people who were hoping for a new life, or just going on holiday. People who were hoping to spend time alone, and others, travelling with, or to see their family. A cruise through the stars just like any other. But with only enough escape pods for a handful of the personal aboard, things were destined for disaster. And when a catastrophic failure occurs and an immediate evacuation of the ship is ordered by the captain many are stranded aboard the ship during it's final moments. The lucky few who managed to climb aboard one of the few escape pods and escape the ship were thrown onto an uncharted planet, with nothing but the supplies they took with them and what little the pods have to offer.

((They'll be an app to accompany this story and there will be some minor tweaks and additions to the story when the main thread is created, but for now I'm just curious if anyone's interested... hence this being an interest check.))

Have many small plans, but am always open for discussion and new ideas, after all the whole point of a role-play is everyone waving a thread to make one big story, so if anyone has and ideas, suggestions or requests I'd love to hear them! :) Also I'm glad you're both interested :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to hear what you currently have. As for my own ideas, I tend to add them only after hearing more backstory, so they fit better with the rest of the rp.

Well essentially all I have planned is like an ex skeleton, so something like this:

1. There's a passenger ship full of people, each with their own separate backstories and goals, there could be a few posts where people introduce their characters and explain what they're doing aboard the ship

2. there's an announcement over the ship's speaker system to all the passengers that there have been some catastrophic failure (Possibly engine failure, fuel leak, or even that the ship was under attack, was still thinking about that) and that an immediate evacuation has been called, but due to the lack of pods, the crew would stay aboard to ensure the safety of as many passengers as possible

3. the passengers who manage to make it safely away from the ship before it explodes, or the oxygen expires or something along those lines, are blasted to the nearby planet which is uncharted, and the only thing that the survivors will have to go on is their immediate surroundings and the good news that the atmosphere can sustain life (cause if it couldn't, it would be a very short RP)

4. As the characters explore the rest of the story is sort of pieced together slowly, each person contributing their own ideas through their character(s) and the story is then formed through everyone's ideas.

But as I say, this is just like a draft and is still just the basic idea so if you want to suggest anything, I'm still all ears! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems like more than enough to start a survival rp. I'll be happy to join whenever it starts up. In the way of ideas I think there'll be enough to work with just from establishing the basics of survival, sustenance and shelter kind of deal.

Cool, but if you ever want to suggest anything, just do so here, or add it in to your posts in the RP, am hoping it'll be up in a couple of days at the most, but preferably tomorrow... or tonight, I just don't want to go rushing into things, but as soon as the basics are set we're ready to roll! :)

[QUOTE="Bullet Tooth Tony]That feel when you think an RP is gonna be about futuristic nazis :(
But I am interested in this, it sounds like a futuristic version of Lost.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I entirely made that connection as well. But I'm kind of interested. I just have so much time for RP these days, it's insane.

[QUOTE="Bullet Tooth Tony]That feel when you think an RP is gonna be about futuristic nazis :(
But I am interested in this, it sounds like a futuristic version of Lost.

[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen lost, and not entirely sure what you mean about the Nazi thing... But don't take that seriously, I don't usually understand that sort of stuff.

But I'd love to have you as a part of the RP! :)

OrioOptilious said:
I am interested.
Glad to hear! :)

Fezzes said:
Yeah, I entirely made that connection as well. But I'm kind of interested. I just have so much time for RP these days, it's insane.
Having loads of time for RP sounds like fun :) But definitely happy for you to jain :)

Geozaki said:
I haven't seen lost, and not entirely sure what you mean about the Nazi thing... But don't take that seriously, I don't usually understand that sort of stuff.
But I'd love to have you as a part of the RP! :)
I thought of SS as the Waffen SS, a German paramilitary unit that administered concentration camps.

The problem is that, for tomorrow and the day after and (possibly) the day after that, I will be unable to RP the entirety of the day.

OrioOptilious said:
The problem is that, for tomorrow and the day after and (possibly) the day after that, I will be unable to RP the entirety of the day.
Oh that's a shame...

But if you want, I can wait for a couple of days to post it, which will mean you'll be able to join in from the beginning, I can double check the story and other people have more chance to think of characters and stories, and stuff, it also allows more time for people to join.

I'd do something, but I'm in hospital. I'll put up a CS when I get out.

To answer basic questions, it's a knee reconstruction and I'm recovering well. I'm fine.

Fezzes said:
I'd do something, but I'm in hospital. I'll put up a CS when I get out.
To answer basic questions, it's a knee reconstruction and I'm recovering well. I'm fine.
Ok, Hope your recovery goes well. and get well soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back