• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Roaring Sky - OOC

I'll make sure to write up a character by either tonight or tomorrow afternoon (GMT +9).

A quick question. Did monsters exist in the world before the supposed storm?

There you go, boss, posted my protagonist. I was coding majority of the sheet until my quench to write overwhelmed my desire to make my sheet aesthetically pleasing. I'll probably edit the sheet later in the week visually, but for now, please review the character as is and make sure to tell me if there are any confusing points or "unlawful" lore materials. ㅇㅅㅇ

There seems to be a lot of heavy fighters/hitters. If y’all want more balance I can rework my OC to be more support-ish. Wouldn’t be too much of a change.

The RP will start soon, presumably in the next 2-4 days. Let me know if any of you have plans to change some details about your charcacter before then.

Secret stuff about your character that you plan to use to further their story, like Alentiar's monster ability, can be discussed later on when they become a big deal or increase their relevance plotwise.

Despite the heavy hitters, there's mine who definitely has capability to grow skills in more mental directions. Particularly with magics. I just thought: A bunch of rowdy drunkards, greenhorns, and now one mentally ill dude could possibly use someone capable of keeping order while off in the field. High command is probs not gonna be there to supervise them 24/7

Alentiar could probably use a supervisor for sure. Man is too broken for his own good. I'm quite excited for the roleplay! And by the way, is there a Discord server available or is this OOC thread remaining as the sole platform for communication?

The RP has now officially begun. If you already have an approved character, feel free to post. Otherwise, await approval before posting in the main thread.

Below is a link to the main thread.

Thank you for the approval! I made my first post in the RP itself. As mentioned before, this is my first RP so I'm a bit worried about making mistakes but I figured it's better to make a fool of myself after attempting something than to do nothing. Please let me know if I need to change anything, now or in the future. Hopefully it should all work out alright! :)

As mentioned before, this is my first RP so I'm a bit worried about making mistakes but I figured it's better to make a fool of myself after attempting something than to do nothing. Please let me know if I need to change anything, now or in the future. Hopefully it should all work out alright! :)
Alright then.

This is an important thing, you should not control other players' characters - that is a big no-no. Interacting with other player characters is a two-way street, your character does what they do, and the other character what their player intends them to do. Of course, keep in mind that your character's actions, when interacting with another player's character, is not guaranteed to be successful - whether such proceeds or fails depends on the collaboration between you and the other player. You can discuss in the OOC with other players how the interaction would play out as well, it's one approach to RPing that works well.

Let me try to give an example - let's say X is your character, and Y is mine. In this scenario, you want X to nudge Y's shoulder to get their attention.

Instead of saying "X nudged Y, making Y turn to face X", try to do "X tried to nudge Y, in hopes of making them face X"

Then I would respond with "Y got nudged, and faced X", or I could go with "Y unknowingly moved enough to avoid X's attempt and kept their attention to Z"

Take a look at the other players' posts as well, they could give you an insight into how RP posts are usually done.

With regards to the rest of the post, there are just a few things I'd like to point out. They're not really as big of a deal as the matter above, but they do hold some weight with regards to the RP.

First is that The Citadel and Fort Zeldem are two different places at two different locations. The Citadel is a pretty big settlement, yes. It could fit Fort Zeldem in its vicinity, yes - but Fort Zeldem is not in it. The lore thread has it stated that it would take a few hours at least to travel to and from both locations.

The second would be that at this time, Byakuren would already be a part of the Stormchasers. There is no need for her to apply or talk to the staff to become one. The early days during the foundation of the group was the recruitment stage and that period was several weeks past - and the moving process of the character from The Citadel to Fort Zeldem is almost finished at the current time, with most of the volunteers who aided in the process already returned to their regular lives.

Last but not least, the feast is for breakfast. It's stated in one of the first posts.

This is an important thing, you should not control other players' characters - that is a big no-no. Interacting with other player characters is a two-way street, your character does what they do, and the other character what their player intends them to do. Of course, keep in mind that your character's actions, when interacting with another player's character, is not guaranteed to be successful - whether such proceeds or fails depends on the collaboration between you and the other player. You can discuss in the OOC with other players how the interaction would play out as well, it's one approach to RPing that works well.

Thank you! I was unsure of how much control, if any, one would have of others' characters in your posts. I did read all the other posts and saw a scenario where one post defined the dialogue of another's character, but upon re-inspecting said dialogue it was actually merely quoting what was already said in a previous post. I'll avoid making the same mistake in the future, but hopefully Xethyrion is alright with his character introducing himself to mine, and you're not against Byakuren's brief exchange with the Grandmaster. If not, I'll change it.

First is that The Citadel and Fort Zeldem are two different places at two different locations. The Citadel is a pretty big settlement, yes. It could fit Fort Zeldem in its vicinity, yes - but Fort Zeldem is not in it. The lore thread has it stated that it would take a few hours at least to travel to and from both locations.

I did double-check the lore page while writing because I was unsure of its location beforehand. As such, I did actually mention the distance between the two in my post, although it might've not come across as I had liked.
The Stormchasers were gathering up in a fort a few hours away by carriage, and she intended to join them.

The second would be that at this time, Byakuren would already be a part of the Stormchasers. There is no need for her to apply or talk to the staff to become one. The early days during the foundation of the group was the recruitment stage and that period was several weeks past - and the moving process of the character from The Citadel to Fort Zeldem is almost finished at the current time, with most of the volunteers who aided in the process already returned to their regular lives.

This I did not know. I figured there would not be enough time between her arrival and the current date to have joined the organization. To me it seemed fitting she would be late considering the circumstances. Still, I can alter my post to reflect this post if you want.

Last but not least, the feast is for breakfast. It's stated in one of the first posts.

I must've missed this while reading, or forgotten by the time I made my own post. That is entirely my bad, but it can be easily fixed by having her arrive the night before the feast instead. Or, earlier still.

I don't really mind it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you'd like to intersect dialogues into your post, just let me know in advance through Discord PMs and I'll quote you a sentence Alentiar would say during the situation.

I don't really mind it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you'd like to intersect dialogues into your post, just let me know in advance through Discord PMs and I'll quote you a sentence Alentiar would say during the situation.

Thanks, I'll make that common practice for interactions regardless of character going forward. Makes me wonder why I didn't think of that in the first place... ^^

I'll avoid making the same mistake in the future, but hopefully Xethyrion is alright with his character introducing himself to mine, and you're not against Byakuren's brief exchange with the Grandmaster. If not, I'll change it.
I don't mind as well. Just wanted to let you know early on since godmodding (controlling other characters without the player/creator's consent) is considered one of the big taboos on the site, from my experience that is.

This I did not know. I figured there would not be enough time between her arrival and the current date to have joined the organization. To me it seemed fitting she would be late considering the circumstances. Still, I can alter my post to reflect this post if you want.
Please do.

That is entirely my bad, but it can be easily fixed by having her arrive the night before the feast instead. Or, earlier still.
I'll leave that decision to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back