• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Roaring Sky - OOC

Quick question. There's mention of magic objects and they're rarity, but what about potions?

They're usually products made through the union of science and magic. They're essentially bottled "spells" and aren't considered magic objects.

Alchemy is the a common way to make them, but it is not the only means of producing them.

The CS thread is now ready for use.

Reinhardt Reinhardt
I have a question. How long has the storm been a thing? I'm working on my char's backstory and can't figure out if it's something that began within our characters' lifetime or if this is something the people of Valheim have been living with for generations.

(EDIT: Whoops, I missed the "after several months had passed" line in the interest check. Well, that confirms it has only been months since the formation of the Stormchasers, so the storm probably began within our lifetime, but I'd still like to know for sure.)

Also, I know you said the tech level is kind of steam-punkish, but do automobiles exist? I think I'd like to make a courier character, someone who delivers letters / packages from town to town. I have been assuming steam-powered carriages / airships either don't exist yet, or are too impractical (unreliable, expensive, bad roads, etc...) to compete with horse travel. I'd like to know for sure before I get too attached to this idea.

Last edited:
I was wondering if it is allowed to RP as already existing characters, as long as they are adapted to fit into the overarching landscape of Verattia. I have a pretty good idea of what I would like to do, if allowed, and would of course also adhere to the "zero to hero" concept by stripping away any supernatural elements and bringing the character back to her core.

How long has the storm been a thing?

Almost a year. A close estimate would be 8-9 months. I'm still in the midst of working out a proper calendar to give more accuracy to date and time with regards to the setting.

Most of the time was spent enacting the steward's plan to save and preserve what was left of the Empire.

Also, I know you said the tech level is kind of steam-punkish, but do automobiles exist?

That is correct. The level of technology is comparable to that of the late medieval ages, sprinkled with bits of basic steampunk concepts. Development in the field had encountered a great setback due to the emergence of the storm.

Steam-powered vehicles are yet to be conceptualized, and grander plans like ariships are shelved by the pioneers until the situation becomes a more stable. Not to mention that airships would easily get struck down by the storm.

Most of the technological feats in the current age has been focused on automation - usually in the form of creating aiding tools for the manual workforce.

Speaking of, what is the verdict on guns.

Flintlock at best, but even those are exceptionally rare.

I was wondering if it is allowed to RP as already existing characters, as long as they are adapted to fit into the overarching landscape of Verattia.

Shouldn't be a problem. As long as they are not the result of dimensional/mutilversal travel or straight-out ripped off from fictional media/history.

Shouldn't be a problem. As long as they are not the result of dimensional/mutilversal travel or straight-out ripped off from fictional media/history.

Alright, excellent! I shall make a first draft of the character sheet tomorrow, and I look forward to any feedback.

Hell yeah. Mountain men! No regular men allowed.

Also I couldn't format the regular app for shit so I had to swtich lmao.

well one quite literally grew up inside a mountain so yeah. There' gonna be a lot of brawls with those two. and my character has the brawling skill lol

It's officially Lizard Time.

1AAmOzj.jpeg

I've submitted my Character Sheet. Please give it a look and give me your thoughts.
I would have preferred some additional details on his credentials, for a deeper insight on what exactly he can do, but it seems alright from what I can see. I'll take another look once after a while, in case you want to change some things up - but the sheet will suffice as it is.

I would have preferred some additional details on his credentials, for a deeper insight on what exactly he can do, but it seems alright from what I can see. I'll take another look once after a while, in case you want to change some things up - but the sheet will suffice as it is.

Alright, Ill give some more thought to his credentials and maybe add a bit more detail tomorrow.

I fleshed out my CS's credentials a bit more. I listed a few spells but I had some doubts. Is magic based on elements (so like, fire, wind etc.) or not. What is the cost of using spells? I didn't quite understand that from the lore. And if there is a cost, are there some more talented people that can cast more spells than others, or is that only up to practice?

Is magic based on elements (so like, fire, wind etc.) or not.
There isn't really any definite typing for magic. You can categorize some spells as elemental ones, like summoning a ball of fire, and others into different categories, like Baerrik telepathically talking with his badger.

What is the cost of using spells? I didn't quite understand that from the lore.
Mana is the cost for casting spells. You can exhaust the Mana of an area, though the leylines recover it fast enough that it's not really much of a problem, aside from areas with anti-magic properties embedded unto them. There isn't really any serious downside to magic since the leylines in Valheim are quite fresh compared to other lands - but we'll talk about that kind of topic at a later date.

And if there is a cost, are there some more talented people that can cast more spells than others, or is that only up to practice?
Yes. Like some people are naturally gifted with intellect and physique, there are people who are magically gifted. Take the Syrieth for example, their attunement to nature makes it easier for them to utilize spells related to such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back