• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Roaring Sky - OOC

T
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

The Roaring Sky knows no mercy. Its wrath honors no code, bringing death and ruin to anything that lays before its path - and the entirety of Valheim is left under its looming shadow.

The Stormchasers are a glimmering light of hope that journeys forth into the unknown, seeking a future reminiscent of Valheim's old glory. However, they must face trials and tribulations - will they be able to overcome them, or will they be taken by the Roaring Sky as well?
This is the OOC thread for The Roaring Sky.

Remember:
Keep all OOC within the OOC thread. OOC posts in any other threads will be deleted without warning.
Follow RPN's form rules, and respect each other.​

So I'm assuming this is a High Fantasy setting then?

And in regards to the different races, did you have any in mind and if so do they inhabit/come from specific lands in the kingdom?

If you don't are we allowed to make our own races (within reason of course).

So I'm assuming this is a High Fantasy setting then?
It is indeed. I'd consider it a mix of both high fantasy and dark fantasy, though the former has more elements present in the setting.

And in regards to the different races, did you have any in mind and if so do they inhabit/come from specific lands in the kingdom?
Humans are a given, so - elves (although called in a different name), dwarves, human-beast hybrids, and winged humanoids, to name a few.
Elves are separated into two subspecies, one dwells in forests and the other in caves and underground settlements. Dwarves are mountain dwellers. The human-beast hybrids are scattered throughout the lands living in tribes, often nomadic ones. The winged humanoids live in high-altitude locations isolated from most civilizations.

If you don't are we allowed to make our own races (within reason of course).
Custom-made races are welcome, but I'll be expanding on that matter once I've finished working on the other needed threads.

Followed, sounds exciting. One word of warning I live in Europe so the timezone is different, although in my experience this isn't a major problem.

The lore thread is finished. For now, at least, since technically it's never going to be complete.
Since this RP is a semi-sandbox, players can add to the world-building and the lore, however, please be sure to discuss them with me first to ensure that the additions are cohesive and appropriate.

The CS thread will be up soon.
If you need clarifications or expansion on specific topics, feel free to ask.

When it comes to magic, or incantations, you say simple spells are quite easy to cast. Do they still require knowledge of magic? What I mean is: how rare is the ability to use magic?

When it comes to magic, or incantations, you say simple spells are quite easy to cast. Do they still require knowledge of magic? What I mean is: how rare is the ability to use magic?
Yes, knowledge of magic is still required. There are a few exceptions who have a stronger natural affinity to the art, but those are pretty rare.

Magic is very common. The fundamentals of magic are essentially a part of basic education, but beyond that would require a dedicated mentor or going to an institute that teaches magic specifically.

Most of the simple spells are used for everyday life - lighting small fires, creating a temporary source of illumination, increasing the volume of one's voice to attract customers in markets.

Is there a way to make runes permanent? Say a script (arcane set of instructions for the spell to follow. Like code), and only activated when mana is actively channeled into the runed item?

Posting so I don't lose this thread! Working on character design and a piece of art possibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back