• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Relentless: Journey to Old Earth (Chapter Three)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
John accepted the bottle offered by Kyra and took a long drag. The choice of drink seemed appropriate; a whiskey first distilled on Old Earth being enjoyed by two people on their way there. It was good stuff. As he handed the bottle back to the pilot with a wry smile, Linwood's voice piped into the local comm unit.

"Do you want the good news, or the bad news first?"

Ten minutes later the crew and the rescue party were arrayed around the galley. John waited until everyone was settled before he spoke. "The situation is hardly ideal but from what Steve and Miss Linwood tell me, it could be a whole lot worse. Our guest did a hell of a number on the engine room, which we knew already. Now that two engineers have been able to run their eye over her work, we have some idea just how much damage she caused. The good news is that the engines are fixable and at a push may be ready to fly us off this rock in a couple of hours. Whether the damage is severe enough for us to require dry dock is something that is still being assessed." He paused to allow interruption or correction from Steve or Linwood but when neither spoke up he assumed his rudimentary knowledge of mechanics had held up long enough to relay the necessary info to his crew. "If we're lucky the repairs might last us to Earth and back. Way I see it, we're due some damn luck."

"Amen," Myn replied from his seat at the galley table.

John nodded as he turned to his friend. "I'd like you to take the lead on transferring the required parts from storage on the rescue ship over to the Relentless."

"Of course," Myn said. "But what will you be doing?"

"Kyra picked up an unknown movement on one of the exterior sensors. Seems like a large moving mass. Probably a fault in the system but we'll need to check it out. Asher, Keller, Talia. Fancy joining me for a quick recce?"

"While we do that. Steve and Miss Linwood are going to fix what they can while they wait for the necessary parts to be brought over from the rescue ship. Kyra, I'd like you to stay with the Relentless, keep monitoring whatever the hell that movement out there might be. Aline, I'd be grateful if you could keep an eye on our guest. She'll be leaving with the other ship but I don't want her causing any mischief while she's still on board. As for everyone else, Doctor Kasper, Tin-Tin, Baxter, I'd appreciate you all suiting up and assisting Myn in moving the spare parts from the rescue ship back to here. Myself and the scouting party will be along to help. We can use the Kodiak. It'll be too tight a squeeze to fit the parts and all the crew but it at least means we can transport what's required between ships instead of physically carrying it."

John paused again and waited to see if there were any questions.

Epiphany Epiphany Equusheart Equusheart Jaxsor Jaxsor Foster Foster RayPurchase RayPurchase _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ BreeDav BreeDav Squee Squee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back