• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Ranos Region: A Pokemon Roleplay

Mako
Interactions/Mentions: Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc
- - - - - -​
Looking down to his lap, both faces from his pokemon continued smiling up to him. Seeing both of them caused the inkling of homesickness in his stomach to squirm and wriggle about, the discomfort was one thing but it served as a more purpose as a potent mood-killer. Taking a moment, Mako inhaled deeply and let the breath free itself once more before smiling down to the faces who acted as the source of his joy. Scratching under Kita's chin he continued thinking, "Well... maybe we should try our odds in that big championship thing-a-ma-jig. Whatcha think guys, you up for the task?" He questioned the knee-sitting duo, each of which nodded eagerly in response. Kita looked up to him with a smug grin spread across her face, meanwhile, Padd seemed contempt with a simple nod before cocking his head slightly to the side. "Great news! In that case, we should be gettin ourselves ready for the tourney!-" He was cut slightly short as a sharp protrusion jammed itself into his scalp.

Glancing up, Mako spotted a peculiar looking bird creature that seemed to be wearing a black mask of some kind. Seeing an aggressor Padd immediately moved to get in a defensive position, before pressing the button to his Pokeball with his tail and being sucked back into the orb. Hopping to his feet, Mako stood and attempted to block the small bird from harming itself against his head. It seemed contempt with chirping, for now, so he wasn't too worried- but there was no telling when that might change. Kita stood on the ground next to Mako, her fur puffed out and wriggles like a raging blue flame as a symphony of growls escaped from her clenched teeth. "Oi! Cut it out, little guy!" Mako chuckled out as a hulking figure approached him and his partner. Before he had time to duck out of the way, a large gauntletted hand had moved forward and pulled the angry masked bird away from him. Kita instinctually moved behind her trainer and began tugging at his pant leg to pull him away.

This was when he saw heard the voice from the bulkier individual, "Seems you got a feisty partner there, mate. It seemed to be quite the scrapper if I were to take a guess." His eyes were bright with eagerness and a mild sense of excitement, new pokemon always seemed to have that effect on him. Kita's growling picked up the moment that the man, now known to be Trenton, had moved to introduce himself. "Back in the ball with you" He smiled down to Kita and withdrew her into her Pokeball, ceasing the growling as he did so. Upon sliding it back into his belt, he turned and extended his hand out to meet Trenton's. He shook the knight's hand as he spoke, "I'm Mako, Mako Grevillea. The way I see it, you got nothing to 'poligize for- It's not every day that you can meet such energetic 'Mons." He pulled his hand back as he spoke, a chipper smile remained upon his face.

Putting a hand on the back of his neck, he began to scratch it absentmindedly. "I wouldn't mind getting a bite to eat though, it'd definitely be better than eating more poffins. I'm fairly new to this region... Uh, You know of a good place to get some grub 'round ere?"

Last edited:
R E M I E L B L A C K T H O R N

840.png
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

| | |​
bOMIA8P.png

Serenity was brutally honest about how she felt. And, quite frankly, that was refreshing. Most people were too afraid to admit how they were really feeling. Most people cared too much about how others felt about them. Remiel was a little nervous himself, but even he didn't care to admit it as he responded. "I... I didn't necessarily care to be embroiled in a battle with a sponsored trainer, no. But I was raised to tackle challenges head-on, not back down from them. At the Dragon's Den, that is the way." He reached for his water, twisting off the cap and causing Herschel to flinch a little at the sound of its crack. As he took a sip from it, Serenity had another question.

"That's right," Remiel confirmed, setting the water bottle back down and twisting the cap on. "I didn't come to the Ranos region with the intention of challenging its league. I've come here for study and experience... but I suppose that counts as the latter, doesn't it?" Despite being terrible with social cues or body language, the blue-grey eyed young man could tell he'd struck some sort of nerve with her. She made it as clear with her words, anyway. It was admirable of her to be so apologetic. But there was no need, so he shook his head dismissively. "No. I'm in this as much as you are. I wouldn't leave you to face this alone." He assured her, shifting his gaze towards the Pokémon she'd let loose. Were they all she had? He couldn't be sure there weren't more in her bag.

"So... I suppose we should go over the strength and weaknesses of our Pokémon... that bird there... what kind of Pokémon is it?" He inquired, having never seen a Pokémon like that in person, textbooks, or any other form of media. "It looks like a Flying-type... but can it even fly?" It hardly looked like it could even walk.

| | |​

tag: @Kihte

Last edited:
Nero Sakamoto
Oc Trainer.png
Current Party- Noibat, Sandile,Salandit

It had been a long fourteen hour flight, but Nero had finally made it to the Ranos region. As Nero exited the plane, he took in a deep breath and stared up at the clouds. He held a determined look upon his face accompanied by a smirk. He detached the pokeball that was hooked to his necklace and kissed it before tossing it into the air. Seconds later the pokball opened and a very eager Noibat emerged from the bright light the ball emitted. "Sorry about that buddy. I had no idea that Pokemon weren't allowed on the plane outside of their balls."

Nero's Noibat fluttered around happily in circles overhead. Clearly the Pokemon was full of energy and ready to explore this new region. But once Nero whistled, Noibat immediately flew to his companions side. The Noibat perched itself on top of Nero's shoulder and let out a happy little chirp. "This is it Zero. This is where our legend begins! We're going to conquer the Ranos region and become the strongest pair that these people have ever seen. We'll earn the respect that we're entitled to! I swear to you that we will achieve this dream together Zero. All I ask is that you believe in me the way I believe in you." Zero narrowed it's eyes and let out an intimidating growl. It appeared that the pair shared the same ambitions.

It had taken longer than Nero expected, but the cab driver finally arrived to Kusugaura city. Upon arriving Nero immediately made his way to the stadium to register for the gym challenge. The sights, the people and the customs of the Ranos were all foreign to Nero. Based on the angered expression on his face, he wasn't enjoying the city. There were far to many people for his like and it seemed as if everyone was in a hurry. "Do you think all the people of the region are like this buddy?" Zero tilted his head slightly and chirped as if it was unsure.

Despite the crowds Nero found himself in the Kusugaura stadium. He saw several different trainers introducing themselves and sharing their reasons as to why and how they were going to be champion. "Fools! Are these children really suppose to be our competition Zero? None of them can hold a candle to the old man." Nero paused when he saw a poster of the current champion hung up in the stadium's lobby. "And this guy is the worst of them all! Everywhere you turn you see his smug face plastered on the walls promoting some product. Is he suppose to be a champion or a spokes model? I'm sick of it!" Nero shouted as he slammed his fist against the poster. "We will become the strongest pair that this region has ever know and tear down these false idols Zero."

Some people were staring at Nero after his outburst, but it didn't matter to him. Nero knew what he needed to do to achieve his dreams. So without any further delay, Nero signed up for the gym challenge. While others in the lobby lusted over fame and glory, Nero had his sights on the real prize. And the first stop of his conquest would be Farmingson.

Lia Coello
Lia had been searching practically everywhere for Micael but still sign of him anywhere. "I don't get it I thought for sure I would of...." She paused and squinted when she thought she spotted a mouse looking pokemon. "Micael?... That's got to be him. Micael!" She called out as she quickly ran towards him.​
Everything was fine until they noticed him. The slight bravery he had disappeared completely. Though it slowly started to go away as the boy spoke to him. He glanced at the pokemon, they seemed nice but he ignored the one that seems to be glaring at him. Just as he was starting to walk up to the boy's hand he suddenly felt himself get picked up and squeezed really tight and almost had a heart attack by the surprise. "There you are!" Lia yelled out happily. "Jeez, you gotta stop running off like that. Do you have any idea how hard it was to find you? Your lucky I know my around here or both of us would have been lost." Suddenly Lia noticed the boy and all of his pokemon. "Hey sorry I hope Micael didn't cause ya any trouble." She looked around again at his pokemon. He had a full team though she wasn't sure if it was the best idea to have all six out roaming around. There are reasons why they have pokeballs after all. "Lucky whole team huh? I just started my journey I hope I get my team soon. I'm Lia by the way nice meetcha." She held out her hand for him to shake and smiled at him.​
Interactions: Sekiranun Sekiranun

1574935705647-png.651529

Hisoka Ito

Pokemon: Asteria
Interactions: Melody
Tags: NovaBlast NovaBlast
The girl that he had bumped into insisted that it was both of their faults and while Hisoka wasn't going to argue he didn't exactly agree either. She then asked him if she could sit at his table. Hisoka quickly scanned the cafe. While when he had entered and probably when the girl had entered there were tables, the shop was a lot fuller than before. Thankfully Hisoka had asked Asteria to grab a table otherwise he wouldn't have had a table either.

"Umm, yeah, o-of course," Hisoka stuttered. "And you really don't h-have to make it up to me..."

Hisoka stepped around the girl and headed towards the table he saw Asteria at. He placed the tray down and Asteria began devouring a pokepuff. He sat down at the table waiting for the girl and her yamper to join them. He began drinking his tea when it dawned on him he hadn't even asked the girl her name or introduced himself. He should probably do that.

"I, I'm Uh, I-i'm," Hisoka took in a breath and tried to start over. "I'm H-Hisoka... What's y-your name...?"

Skyler
[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"To ability to capture a moment is beautiful, huh?"​

interactions: . D O V E . D O V E
mentions:
“Come on Growlie!”

Skyler was pedalling as fast as she could with the extra weight of Lass on her back. The road was developed enough so it wasn’t a bumpy ride by all means and it made it easier for her to continue her momentum down it. And currently, no matter how much Lass was going to complain about how fast she was going, she had no plans on slowing down.

And neither did her Growlithe who had just been unleashed from her pokeball. The energetic Pokemon who took after her owner was itching to exercise for a while now. She wasn’t used to being cooped up in her pokeball for too long but whenever they got on the bike, they usually had to recall their Pokemon so that they could travel at a less encumbered pace.

In any case, their destination was Kusugaura City where the League Challenge would occur. Skyler was very, very excited for the exhibition match with the Champion. There would be so many photograph opportunities. Besides, the League Challenge would attract all sorts of trainers and she would participate in it but she really did like the idea of watching more than Pokemon Battles. But hey, they said it could earn good rep and she would become more experienced through it too so why not?

They soon came upon the entrance to the city where some tourists are trickling in but thankfully, not that much yet. There were two days before the official opening so it was plenty of time to take in the sights and find an appropriate place to stay at. Skidding slowly to a stop with a panting Growlithe beside them, she looked back to her companion.

“Well, here we are El, Kusugaura City!”

The sight of a ghostly girl, who seemed to be at the brink of losing her consciousness, greeted Skyler. Lass whimpered, black hairs sticking out of her low-pigtails, while small tears hid behind her thick glasses. It was beyond apparent that she and her friend don’t share the same sentiments when it came to speed biking.

“...K-Kusugaura City?” Lass weakly echoed, adjusting her round glasses as she did so. “..Uhhh, w-we’re not heaven because you were over-speeding and we fell off a cliff and died?” she cautiously checked her surroundings.

Tall structures loomed over them, and both people and Pokemon of all sizes pervaded the city’s busy streets. Lass couldn’t help but be in awe, her eyes widening in unison with her jaw dropping. Kusugaura city was an entirely different environment from their hometown! Heck, even the air felt different! Excitement ran through the girl's veins as her mind scrambled for the many opportunities that lay in the city.

Lass knew that there was going to be a League Challenge, Sky kept talking about it non-stop; hence, she also knew that trainers from different places came to the city. It meant that she could meet a lot of cute Pokemon and, if her luck is on point, she could meet famous Pokemon Coordinators! Perhaps she could ask her friend to take a picture of them if ever they meet any. Just the thought alone made her feel giddy. Lass pursed her lips, her eyes sparkling with excitement while she carefully hopped off the bike.

Oddly enough, the mirth on her face vanished in a blink of an eye, a gloomier expression replacing it entirely before once again shifting to panic. She turned to her best friend, looking at her with glossy eyes. “S-Skyyyyyyyy! There are so many people!”

Skyler couldn’t help but let out a laugh as she dismounted the bike, motioning for Lass to get off as well. It wouldn’t fare well for them to continue on bike when there were more people than she had expected. Besides, slowly pedalling down the streets wouldn’t bode well for her energy. She might have more stamina than most people but even she would get tired from that.

“Don’t worry El, I’m pretty sure we’re still on Earth.” She reassured her paranoid friend. “Pretty cool city huh? Not the little town we came from.” She grinned, proud that they had come so far. Their hometown was fairly simple and they were the only two neighbors due to the massive space both families occupied - one for their breeder farm and the other to lavish in their extra money.

“Man, it’s been a while…” Skyler has been to cities before. Small time vacations when her parents actually had the time and exerted the effort to bring their child somewhere that wasn’t the Starling’s house. Still, her memories of those places were vague at best and she barely remembered the way to this city. It was only thanks to the Starling parents giving them a map that they got there in the first place.

The familiar whine of her friend reached her ears and a giggle felt through her lips. “It is a city after all Shroomie. A lot more people than what we use to see.” She reached out to squeeze her friend’s hand. “But don’t worry, just hold on to me and we’ll be fine, okay?” She used a softer voice that was usually reserved to calm Lass down whenever she starts getting overwhelmed. The sheer anxiety that her friend exuded would make anyone anxious as well. But it’s fine. As long as Skyler was around, she would make sure nothing happens to Lass.

“Alright Danny, time to come out as well.” She released the Riolu from his pokeball and he gave his owner an approving nod. “Stay close okay? You too Growlie!” She called out to the Growlithe who was wandering around. Her ears perked up and began to make her way back to Skyler but-

“I said Growlie, not you Jamie.” Skyler laughed as Lass’s Ditto seemed to understand that it was caught. Soon enough, Growlie trotted beside Danny with an Oran Berry in her mouth. The energetic trainer shook her head and just hoped that Growlie got it from a nearby, wild Oran Berry tree. She turned back to Lass. “Come on, let’s go to the hotel so we can park the bike and get some rest before we look around. That good with you El?”

Lass let out a breath after Sky held her hand. If Skyler was a Pokemon, comforting a very paranoid girl would be her special move. The black-haired couldn’t exactly pinpoint what it was, but something about her friend was very soothing.

However, she gasped when she witnessed Jamie’s trick. Her ditto’s playful nature was undeniable. One of its favorite hobbies was to transform into other people’s Pokemon and then pretend to be them so it could hoard pats and attention. That said, Lass wasn’t a detached owner; in fact, she loved drowning her little friends with affection. Jamie simply adored doing its little trick, but Lass loved it anyways.

“Jamie!” She exclaimed after Sky caught on her buddy’s trick. The said ditto reverted to its original blob form and crawled towards its owner with its little arms outstretched. “Geez, I told you to stop playing tricks on Sky!” She picked it up and nestled it in her arms, earning a lazy smile from the ditto.

After giving Jamie a quick pat, Lass flung her attention to Sky at the mention of their next course of action. “The hotel?” She tilted her head to the side, “Did we make any reservations? I think it would be full because of the League Challenge and all. W-What if there’s no available room for us? We’ll have to sleep on the streets! Then we will get mugged! Then we will refuse to give the muggers our things! Then they’ll be angry and fight us! Then we WILL DIE!”

Skyler shrugged. “It’s alright. It’s pretty easy to figure out who’s who.” She reached out to pat the Ditto on the head. Grabbing the bike by its handlebar and then holding Lass’s hand on the other, somehow balancing the bike with just that though Danny takes the other handle to help his owner. “Besides, I think Jamie’s gonna be lowkey stressed if it doesn’t turn into any of my Pokemon at least twice a day.”

She opened her mouth to respond at the first question but Lass had already gone off on a tangent about the worst case scenario. As she was talking, Skyler gestured for Growlie and Danny to start moving and they began to walk inside the city as Lass continued to ramble on about their impending death.

“The hotel is close to the events center.” She added mindlessly once Lass stopped. “We don’t have a reservation but what I do know is that we arrived earlier than others and that should be fine.” Besides, even if it was full, Skyler wasn’t a stranger to trying to find another place to stay at. Knocking at people’s homes and asking if they could stay the night wasn’t the most ideal but it was always a failsafe.

The people going around didn’t pay much attention to the two girls that were traveling down the street. Skyler did notice that some turned to look and seemed to maybe recognize Skyler from her blog, but no one approached them. She was secretly thankful for it because she wasn’t sure how much interaction Lass could take before she passes out and while carrying her around for hours wouldn’t be that big of a deal, she’d much rather have deposited their bike first before doing that.

Walking up to the hotel, she locked the bike into the bike rack and walked inside to reserve a room. Thankfully, the amount of money Skyler had was more than enough to book them an elongated stay even with the bloated pricing due to the sudden tourist influx. It was one of the more expensive rooms due to it being one of the few that was left open. The economic rooms were already taken after all.

“So, what do you think of the room? Pretty good huh?” There wasn’t much in the room in way of decoration but they certainly had all the furniture covered. With a large bed in the middle that could probably fit two people and a very nice view of the city outside, there was no wonder why the room had been more expensive than the usual rate.

Lass gawked at the luxurious room. She has been friends with Sky for years, and she knew about the Von Heisler family's tremendous wealth; yet, she couldn't help but be amazed every time she was reminded of that fact. It was easy to forget that Sky came from a very affluent family because she was a humble girl. She was unlike the other rich children who would visit the Starling’s nursery with their noses stuck up in the air, thinking that they’re so much better because of their lavish lifestyle.

“Wow! I think this room is bigger than our living room and kitchen combined!” She exclaimed in awe before walking towards the large glass window. The city looked so beautiful from where she was. She could only imagine how prettier Kusugaura would get once the sky darkens and the city lights light up. In her arms, Jamie transformed into a copy of Sky’s Riolu and hopped off to climb the spacious bed at the center of the room.

The black-haired joined her Pokemon, lying on the soft bed with a sigh. “I’m so glad we didn’t die or something on our way here.” She began, removing her glasses and folding them to the nearby counter as she did so.

“I’d hate to miss the League Challenge. I-I’m kind of… looking forward to it. I think the champion is really cool...” Lass bashfully admitted before eyeing Sky curiously. “Are you going to participate?”

“Uh, I’m pretty sure that’s an exaggeration.” Skyler grumbled to herself but she looked unsure about it. She had memorized the layout of the Starling family’s house, yes, but everything was muscle memory by this point. But surely a hotel wouldn’t be able to offer something so big that it would dwarf the size of a house’s living room and kitchen!

Her original Riolu was curiously poking around at the room’s decorations, making sure he knows all the parts of the room before settling onto one of the chairs, swinging his legs as he urged for the Growlithe to come to him as well, dropping a half-eaten Oran Berry onto Danny’s open hands and he began nibbling on it.

“Eehh, when did I ever almost die?” She asked with a grin before scratching her cheek, rethinking her words. “Okay, when did I get into trouble with you around El?” She collapsed to a sitting position beside Lass, moving to scratch the replicated Riolu’s chin.

Skyler released her other Pokemon in which they proceeded to the side of the room with the exception of Dee Dee, who stayed perched on top of the curtain rod, watching the others. Thankfully Saur was keeping them in check so she didn’t have to. “Make sure you don’t break anything alright?” She called out to them and she could only hope that they understood her enough to actually not do it. They get a bit too excited in new areas for their own good but she also wasn’t very keen on keeping them inside their Pokeballs for too long.

She turned to Lass as she removed her hat and threw it to the countertop. “I’m looking forward to it too! I bet there would be so many great Pokemon and trainers!” She exclaimed as she stretched her arms. She was feeling the soreness from her pedalling from earlier. “I think I will be. It’ll make for some great experience you know? And hey, maybe I’ll get more traffic on my blog that way. How about you El?”

Lass eyed Skyler with disbelief. “When did you get in trouble with me around?” She took a deep breath before pointing accusingly at her friend. “Remember that one time you climbed a very tall tree to take a picture of a Caterpie and I followed you? We almost fell and die if it wasn’t for Mr. Jonathan! And remember that one time we-!”

The protesting girl stopped dead on her track upon recalling a particularly nasty occurrence. She hung her head low, the familiar feeling of guilt crushing her inside. “N-Nevermind.” She mumbled, allowing herself to be consumed by an awkward silence afterwards.

Thankfully, she managed to remember Sky’s earlier question so she could direct the conversation into a more positive light. “I-I don’t know if participating is really for me. I’m not really good at Pokemon battles unlike you and the others...” She responded, although in truth, she wanted to try and participate in the rare event. Lass returned her gaze to Sky, taking her hand into hers, “B-But! I will support you no matter what!”

Skyler had a bashful grin on her face when Lass began recounting events when the both of them got into a lot of… situations that would make any adult have a heart attack from watching them. However, when she suddenly stopped, Skyler tilted her head in curiosity. Was there something that-

Ah. Right. They had tried to avoid the topic of that event. It wasn’t a good experience for the two of them. She shook her head and wrapped her arm around Lass. The change in topic was rather welcome as she let out a laugh, though it felt a bit forced. “Oh come on, no one is born good at Pokemon Battles. You just need to train up!”

Unlike Lass, whose Pokemon came mostly from her family, Skyler got some of hers from when Jonathan would take her and Lass outside to explore. And she’s been loving Pokemon Battles ever since. Of course, she loved simply watching from the sidelines even more but she wouldn’t be opposed to a Battle. “You should join me El. It’ll be fun!”

The said girl faced her friend. “Y-You think so?” She asked, eyes boring through the other’s purple ones as if she was seeking something. Then she found it, the glow within that told Lass that her best friend believed in her. She nodded her head and closed her eyes, “...Okay.”

------

“Man, that battle was so intense! I mean, of course the Champion won, but still! Those Fusions were awesome!”

It had been a few days since the Champion exhibition battle which had kicked off the League Challenge but Skyler couldn’t stop thinking about it. She had managed to get a couple of shots in but she was sure that it would be much better if she was closer to the battlefield. Or maybe if she was there herself. “It’s just- wow. Man, I can’t wait for the Gym battle too you know?”

She shook her head as they moved through the grass close to Kusugaura City. “Well anyway, you said you wanted to catch your first Pokemon right?” Skyler patted Lass’s shoulder. “I’m sure you can do this. But we gotta find a Pokemon first.” She looked around, keeping her eye out for any wild Pokemon prancing around. Man, it’s been a while since she’s caught one as well. Maybe she should try searching for her own.

“See anything El?”

A few steps away from Skyler was a crouching Lass who nodded her head every now when the blonde was still gushing over the exhibition. It seemed as though her entire attention was focused on the tall patch of grass sitting in front of her.

“Shhh!” Lass hushed, her index finger pressed against her lips. She felt like an Ekans hunting for Pidgey eggs while she continued to stare at a particular spot. It wasn’t long before a small, teardrop-shaped caterpillar surfaced from the thick verdants.

“It’s a caterpie!” She bolted from her position with a cry, pointing at the bug-type Pokemon with a Pokeball ready on her other hand.

Skyler raised both hands and stepped back as Lass waited for her target to come.

And come it did.

The Caterpie crawled through the thick grass with the goal of crawling towards the tree off to the side. It didn’t seem aware of the two trainers and the one staring intently at it with every intention to capture it. It continued to crawl to the side.

Lass let out a gasp, “It’s getting away!” She exclaimed, although the bug was moving at a ridiculously slow speed. Her brain flashbacked to the many times she saw Skyler capturing Pokemon in the wilds, and was immediately hit by a not-so-bright idea.

In a weird mix of panic and excitement, Lass threw her Pokeball at the unsuspecting Caterpie.

“Wait El that’s-”

The Pokeball hit true to its mark - bouncing off the Caterpie and in a red flash of light, it disappeared into the Pokeball. It began to rock back and forth as the Pokemon tried to escape the capturing device.

One second.

Two seconds.

Three-

The Caterpie broke free from the Pokeball and is now on complete alert.

“El, you gotta battle the Caterpie first before you catch it. Weaken it first.” Skyler helpfully offered from the side but made no move to do anything else.

Lass made a high-pitched noise of distress when the Pokemon broke free. She turned to Skylar with tears on her lashes, looking helpless. “B-Battle? I don’t wanna hurt it…” She reasoned. At that moment, a memory she had from school resurfaced, and the voice of their teacher saying that they must prove themselves worthy of the Pokemon through combat echoed in her head.

She gulped before flinging her attention back to the Caterpie who looked really upset.

“Ganon!” She threw one of her Pokeballs into the ground, her Munchlax materializing after a brief show of light. Ganon stood tummy-out with his index finger resting on his chin thoughtfully. The girl sweatdropped upon realizing that her Pokemon seemed a bit confused. “U-Use Body slam… b-but make sure you don’t overdo it and- and kill the poor bug!”

Ganon tilted his head to his sniffling owner before shrugging. He then turned to the Caterpie and dashed towards it, jumping halfway through in an attempt to fling its weight towards the smaller Pokemon.

The Caterpie raised its head and just as Ganon was dashing towards it, it let out a String Shot which covered Ganon in web-like fluid before crawling to the side and watching the Munchlax as it dropped onto his belly onto the ground. But the Caterpie wasn’t done as it began crawling faster, aiming to Tackle the Munchlax.

Lass gasped dramatically when Ganon got hit by the Caterpie’s move. She panicked as she watched her Pokemon struggled to get out of the sticky web. Ganon’s efforts only lasted for at least five seconds before he stopped moving altogether.

“G-Ganon!? Are you dead!?” The panicking girl called out from her position, pressing a palm against her mouth when the said Pokemon remained unmoving. A few moments later and the distinct sound of snoring overcame the field. Lass sobbed, “W-Why are you sleeping?”

Ganon, still tangled in the web, continued to sleep even when the Caterpie approached. The bug Pokemon successfully tackled the Munchlax, but it simply caused the sleeping Pokemon to retaliate with a heavy Snore, sending a damaging wave to its opponent.

The Caterpie looked triumphant for only a moment before it was hit by a Snore. The Caterpie was thrown back a bit, landing on its back. Its little legs wriggled as it tried to roll onto back onto its belly so that it might be able to move.

“T-This is it!” Lass cried from the sidelines, fishing another Pokeball from her disposal before throwing it at the struggling Caterpie. The ball once again hit its mark successfully, and Lass held her breath as it began to shake.

One…

Two…

Three…

Success!

“AAAH! I did it!” The dark-haired female jumped with joy before running to pick up the Pokeball containing her first captured Pokemon. She then crouched to the still-sleeping Munchlax’s level and freed him from his sticky confines. She picked him up with quite the struggle before placing him over her shoulder gently like a sack of potatoes.

Lass skipped towards Sky, a huge grin on her face, “I did it! I capture my first Pokemon!”

Skyler grinned when Lass turned towards her. “Yeah good job!” She raised her hand and patted her friend’s head, careful not to displace her hair too much. She then reached over to the slumbering Munchlax and patted his head as well. “You better train that Caterpie well. Hah! I can’t wait until it becomes a Butterfree.”

Growlie, who had been silent and just laying down for the entirety of the capture, suddenly jumped up and was growling. Distant cries of something could be heard. Skyler felt herself bristle up, goosebumps running across her arms. “What the-?”

She turned to the sound only to find that Growlie was already running further into the forest. “Hey, wait, Growlie!” She yelled out but the Pokemon wasn’t listening as it continued through the foliage. Skyler cursed under her breath and turned to Lass apologetically before beginning to run after her fleeing Pokemon.

Lass nodded her head happily at her friend before the sudden turn of events unfolded. “Wait!” She squeaked out, running after the two who seemed to be heading further into the forest. It was difficult to catch up with them, especially with Ganon on her shoulders, but Sky’s blonde head was thankfully easy to distinguish among the greens and browns.

The more steps she took, the more scared she became. Lass didn’t know what was in store for them in the depths of the jungle, but the thought of getting lost and never seeing the light ever again terrified her.

“Wait! We’re going deeper into the forest!” She called out worriedly. “This is dangerouuuuuus!”

“I know!” Skyler shouted back as she ducked under a low branch, keeping an eye at the flash of red and orange that was her Pokemon. “But she won’t stop!” She called out again. Hopefully, Lass wasn’t having too much trouble. Skyler brought a Pokeball out. “Dee Dee come out here.”

The Rookidee burst out flying and looking in between Skyler and Growlie, following beside his owner. “Stay with El!” Even if the Pokemon wasn’t good at listening properly, he seemed to understand the gravity of the situation and began to hover back to stay with the other trainer.

She vaulted over a fallen log which Growlie had crawled under and saw that her Pokemon was growling at a tree. Skyler took deep breaths as she moved closer to Growlie, opening her mouth to reprimand her from running away when the sound from earlier repeated itself - but now she could clearly distinguish it as what sounded to be a… child?

Alarmed, she looked around for any sign of a child but there seemed to be none. Unbeknownst to her, a Phantump was above both her and Growlie, giggling at the confusion of the trainer. Growlie kept growling but turned her eyes upwards.

Meanwhile, Lass slowed down to a half, bending over to place her hands over her knees to catch her breath. She glanced to the direction where Sky disappeared off to only to see her Rokidee staring at her.

“Dee Dee?” She panted, squinting at the pokemon before realizing that Skyler probably sent the Pokemon to watch over her. The girl let out a sigh of relief, she really wouldn’t want to get lost in the middle of the creepy forest.

Finally, Ganon began to stir. Lass picked him up from her shoulders and watched as he eventually woke up. “It’s time for you to get back to your Pokeball, little buddy.” She said with a smile before returning him to his Pokeball.

Her expression shifted into a more painful one as she massaged her shoulders. She would have loved to keep the Munchlax in her company, but Ganon was really heavy. Sure, she could have made him walk, but he was also very lazy aside from being heavy. Lass loved him anyway though.

“Okay, Dee Dee, lead me to your master!” She said to the flying Pokemon upon recovering. The Rokidee then flew off to where Sky and Growlie ran to with Lass hot on its trail.

A familiar shriek from behind told Skyler numerous things. One, that Lass has definitely arrived and that she was at least safe. Two, something was definitely with her that caused Lass to scream bloody murder. And three, Rookidee actually kept with the order! Skyler wasn’t quite sure whether to be happy or very worried but settled with the weird mixture of both.

“But where-” She looked up to see the ghost Pokemon hovering above her, both hands on top of its face as if trying to suppress a giggle - now turned to the direction where Lass came from. “Ah! A Phantump!” That… really explains a lot. The Pokemon was startled when she shouted and looked at Growlie.

The Phantump used Astonish - letting out this screech which caused Growlie to stop growling and flattened her ears. Skyler covered her ears as well before saying, “Alright then. If that’s what you want… Growlie use Ember!”

The Growlithe recovered and opened her mouth, letting out several small balls of fire towards the Phantump. It let out another cry before heading down and using Branch Poke on Growlithe. Skyler clicked her tongue as her Growlithe was hit but thankfully she didn’t seem all too injured from the attack.

“Use Fire Spin!”

Growlie turned to where the Phantump was and let out a vortex of fire, enveloping the Phantump. When the fire had dissipated, the Phantump looked dazed and had stayed on the ground. Skyler grabbed a Pokeball from her bag and then threw it at the weakened Phantump.

She let out a breath of relief when the Pokeball clicked shut. She moved over and ruffled Growlithe’s head. “Thanks for the help buddy but you shouldn’t run off like that.” She warned and her Pokemon did look apologetic. She grabbed the Pokeball, noting that she should head to a Pokemon Center and then looked over to where Lass was.

“Hey El I-” She moved closer to where Dee Dee was perched and saw that her friend had fainted. She let out a nervous laugh before picking the girl up and maneuvered herself so she was on a piggyback and then recalled Dee Dee. “Well, let’s head back to the City. I’m pretty sure El would love to go back.” She grinned at Growlie who barked in response before leading the way back.

[/div][/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

Because this is very long and just full of fluff, here's the basic rundown
> Skyler and Lass entered Kusugaura City ahead of time, before the Champion battle
> They logged into a hotel
> They watched the Champion battle and decided to go out and catch Pokemon
> Lass caught a Caterpie (her first Pokemon catch!)
> They got spooked by a Phantump
> Skyler caught a Phantump
> Lass fainted
> They are now back at Kusugaura City with Lass on Skyler's back

Trenton
Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse

Trenton2.png
Trenton chuckled as they shook hands, placing his fists to his armored hips confidently, moving his cape aside in the prosses to reveal two Pokeballs on his belt. patting them lightly before looking back up at Mako.
"She sure is feisty, always looking for a fight that one. Nice to meetcha, Mako! as for lunch, I've seen a few places around on my way in, I suppose we could-"
Interrupting him out of nowhere Excalibur the Honedge jumped out of it's Pokeball and tapped him on the shoulder a few times, causing Trenton to turn with a frown, crimson cape nearly getting in Mako's face, before he can question the sword it points to the Pokemon league building and back at him a few times, before doing the sword equivalent of a frown at him, stepping back slightly and putting a hand to his chin
"Feel like I came here for something- Oh that's right! Say, Mako. I got an idea, I have to sign myself onto the League Challenge, but after that, what do you say we have a little battle to decide whose buying lunch! It'll be our first battle in our league journey- Haha! You- are in the League Challenge right? Well, Tell me after I gotta be quick or I'll miss my spot."
turning toward the building the Honedge tapped its Pokeball and returned itself, as Trenton walked it seemed like his path cleared itself as people stepped to the side and looked at the Knight entering the building, signed his name and picked up his League challenge card. walking back out with a large grin and waiting in a vacant outdoor pokemon battle zone, waving to Mako.

Damien Corvus - Kusugaura City
In collaboration with Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

Walking out of the Kusugaura Stadium Damien Corvus had just finished signing up for the league championship, He had waited for this moment for years, training until he was ready for the league championship, he was finally about to experience what it was like to be a real pokemon trainer. walking by his side, or rather waddling was his pokemon piplup. Damien looked down to his little fuzzy friend and gave her a smile, "you finally ready bud, its been a long wait but i know we can do this!" he said as the piplup squeaked with joy. Damien picked up his pokemon companion and placed her on his shoulder. Damien continued walking down the streets of Kusugaura finding himself nearly lost amoung the crowds of people. As he continued walking and not paying attention to the people around him he felt resistance against his body followed by a small thud and a "Ah".

Damien immediately looked down to spy a woman sitting on the ground in front of him, and immediately realizing that he banged into her, "Ah, I'm so sorry miss, I wasn't paying attention" He said kneeling down to help her up. "Ah, no, its fine, I was the one standing up in the middle of a crowd without worrying about the people around me" she said getting up. Damien stood up too, having to now look down at the girl who was shorter than he was, and from what he could tell younger as well. "Sorry again, the name's Damien Corvus" He said as he took notice to the pokeballs on her side, "hey are you a pokemon trainer too? are you participating in the league challenge as well?" He asked. The girl gave him a smile "Katherine Suzuki, and yes I am participating in the challenge, I guess that means your the competition" She said.

The two walked together down the pathway, "So your from Altak region... I've heard there are a lot of mysteries surrounding that place" Damien said. "Yeah, though its not as mysterious as it seems, most of it can be blamed on a high population of ghost type pokemon" Katherine replied. The two we now eating a meal they had bought from on of the near by stands as they walked, Piplup eating a couple of snacks. "So we are both taking part in the league challange how about we have a battle before heading to Fordway?" Damien asked (Blackvelvet: Fordway is the town before the intersection to Farmingson). "Yeah Sure, Lets head just outside of the city if that's the case" Kathrine said in response as they both began to make their way out of the city.

Finding themselves just out on the route that exited Kusugaura the two stood on a field just off the side of the road. "So two pokemon each, sound good?" Katherine asked. "Yeah, Piplup your up" He said as the penguin pokemon hopped down from his shoulder and proceeded forward. "Go Pupyre!" Katherine shouted as she threw her pokeball out releasing a dark fur puppy whose back and tail were covered in blue flames. "PIplup Use Bubble" Damien said as the pokemon released bubbles from itself towards Pupyre. "Dodge it Pupyre and use scratch" Katherine ordered back, but the bubble attack hit Pupyre doing some super effective damage, but Pupyre still charged forward and managed to get an attack in on Piplup. "Pupyre use astonish" Katherine said as the pokemon manged to shock Piplup and get her to flinch. "Again Pupyre!" Said Katherine, though this type Piplup managed to dodge out of the way, "Piplup use bubble" Damien said as another super effective bubble attack hit Pupyre causing it to faint.

"Damn, It's up to you now Charmander" She said as she threw out her pokeball and a rather creepy looking charmander emerged. "Whoa that's a pretty cool Charmader" said Damien, "But it's still weak to water types, Piplup use Bubble" He said as the bubble attack hit the Chamander. "Chamander use smoke screen" She said as the Charmander let out a large puff of smoke that blocked Damien and piplup's vision. "Now use scratch!" Kathrine said as the Charmander burst forth from the smoke and got a hit in, causing Piplup to faint. The wind quickly cleared the smoke as Charmander jumped back. "Okay go Riolu" He said throwing out his pokeball. "Riolu use Force palm!" he said as the riolu hit the charmander knocking it back. "Charmander, retaliate and use ember!" she said as the Chamander inhale and spat out a few embers at Riolu. "Riolu, charmander is weak, finish it with quick attack" He said as Riolu quickly sped towards the Charmander and tackled it, causing Charmander to faint. "Yeah you did it buddy!" Damien said to the pokemon.

Damien walked over to Katherine and shook her hand "It was a good battle, here lets let our pokemon heal up and rest a bit" He said. After a few moments of making sure their pokemon were alright the two stood up. "Your really talented Damien, I'm surprised you never bothered to try the league challenge before" Katherine said. "I really wanted to be ready for it, and I also wanted to finish up school and everything before I tried my hand at the league challenge" he said. The two began to walk up the route, "so this is where our journey begins huh" Damien said, "I hope its everything I've imagined". Katherine gave him a smile as they both began walking towards the next town.

Skyler
[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"The search for knowledge drives us all."​

interactions: NovaBlast NovaBlast
mentions:
The trip back wasn't so bad. Lass was pretty light and by this point, Skyler was used to having her on her back. She was rather happy by the fact that she caught a Phantump - regardless of how she had found the Ghost Pokemon. She had to bring them back to the Pokemon Center to make sure that the Phantump can get rested up too. Skyler mulled about potential names she could give to her new Pokemon, provided it responded to her.

Readjusting her hold on Lass to make sure that the girl wouldn't fall off her back suddenly, she allowed Growlie to take the lead towards the Pokemon Center. At least there, she'd be able to sit down and get her Pokemon healed up. And then maybe soon after, they could take on the challenge. Lass had already said that she would be up for it and honestly, she was looking forward to see her best friend's performance. She knew that Lass had lot of skill under her social anxiety and she honestly wanted her to succeed.

Naturally, due to being in the city proper, Skyler had let her guard down. While there were still some people who would pickpocket, Growlie was right ahead of them to sniff out people with ill intent. Thankfully, there were only a few people who would attempt something like that and Skyler was as unassuming as they could come - aside from the rather expensive camera hanging off her neck, she never traveled like she owned the money she did. That was like inviting some scummy people. And she didn't want to put Lass through that again.

Growlie suddenly yelped and Skyler's mind slammed back to reality just as her Growlithe suddenly jumped in front of her - the speeding ball impacting with the Growlithe instead of her master. "Growlie!?" She almost dropped Lass in surprise but managed to keep her grip on her best friend as her Pokemon whimpered from the impact. "Growlie, are you okay? Where-" She looked around wondering where the mystery ball had come from. The Growlithe shook its entire body before barking, tail and ears perked up and on high alert. Thankfully, it seemed like she was unharmed. And now both trainer and Pokemon were looking around - wondering if it was just an accident or if someone was purposefully messing with them.

[/div][/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back