• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Random Hotel

She blinks her eyes open when the music starts. "Huh?" She looks at Ajax and tilts her head, giggling slightly. "You're all red..." She tilts her head in the other direction. "Weren't you saying something? What were you gonna say?" She asks him curiously.

Sky stared at the large hotel, her eyes narrowed suspiciously. She glanced at the paper in her hand, and then back at the large building. The paper was a recommendation from one of her friends who lived in the area. It's very secluded, she thought. Shrugging, she shouldered her duffel bag and gripped her suitcase, dragging it behind her.

Inside the lobby, she went straight to the reception where a strange looking man was waiting. A strange presence seemed to linger around the desk, but Sky ignored it. I've had my fair share of weird. She thought coldly. The receptionist introduced himself as Gu and handed her the key o room 1014, smiling. She frowned at the key and asked, "How much?"

Gu shook his head and smiled, which Sky took as to mean she'd have to pay later. I guess that makes sense, she thought. I don't even know how long I'm going to be staying. She thanked the man and left the lobby, searching for her room.

Perfect, this is the perfect moment, he thought.

He lightly held her hands under the water and said slowly, "You look beautiful, almost divine."

He was overjoyed that he didn't trip over his words that time.

He heard a noise off in the distance, but this time ignored it.

She stared at him with wide eyes, a light pink dusting her cheeks at the compliment, her mouth opening slightly, though no words came out. Suddenly, her light grey eyes seemed to glaze over and she stared blankly straight ahead, seemingly no longer aware of the world around her.

There was a man in front of her. She couldn't remember his features or who he was, but she cared about him very much. He was rather tall and she could just make out that his hair was blond and his eyes the same shade of grey as her own. "You're beautiful, sweetie, no matter what anyone says. People can be mean, I know, but you really are almost divine. My beautiful Am--"

Outside of her mind, the girl suddenly fell forward, into the water, unconscious due to the force of the sudden flashback.

xXxAnimeBellxXx said:
"Oh..." She nodded slowly. "Guess we're not meeting Sha-Sha there after all, then..." For a split second, she seemed upset with this news, but her perky attitude returned in the blink of an eye. "Oh well! That doesn't mean I can't go there anyway! And I can still hang out with Ajax at least!" She turned to look at the halfling. "I... can hang out with you... right...?"
"Hey, let me come too!"

"So... that lady's name at least started with Sha... I don't believe that any parent would be evil enough to name their kid 'Sha-sha', so it must be a nickname."

Casey was having a highly interesting day. She was learning a lot about humans. She hadn't known that green was a possible hair color, or that red was a possible eye color. She wasn't sure about the pointy-eared kid's humanity, though. Maybe having pointed ears was like having green hair, but she wasn't sure.

Casey ran back to the jacuzzi, coming in more quietly this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ajax immediately submerges into the water, with reflexes so quick that he didn't even have time to take a breath before he went under. He grabbed the girl by the chest and hip and lifted her over his head, then outside of the Jacuzzi with ease. He laid her out on her back and said to himself, "One day, I just wanted one good day..." He checked Laurel to see if she was breathing, and she was, lightly. Ajax grinned happily, "She'll pull through, she must have passed out from the heat of the Jacuzzi... That's a thing, right? I'm sure it is."

He gathers their things and holds them in his off hand, and cradles Laurel in his right like a baby. It must have been awkward looking, Laurel being almost twice his size and all, but Ajax barely had a problem carrying this "small" girl all the way to room 0031. He dropped their clothes and possessions for a moment and found the key to his room, he opened up the room and let himself and Laurel inside.

He placed the beauty on his bed carefully and went back for their things. He closed the door then put their things in the chair in the corner. He hustled over to the sink in the bathroom and soaked a rag in cold water. On the way over to Laurel he grabbed his towel. He draped the towel over Laurel, but it was Halfling size so it only effectively covered her from the chest down to her knees. He ran the rag over her forehead, leaning heavily on the towel. "Come back to me Laurel.." He muttered.

The green haired girl fainted, for reasons that Casey, for the life of her, couldn't figure out. The short guy had quickly taken her up to what she supposed was his room, so really, there wasn't anything for Casey to do. She sighed, toweled herself off, grabbed her stuff, and then carefully looked around her. No one was there, so she used her Djnn whirlwind to quickly return to her room unnoticed. She took off her swimsuit, put on PJs, and flopped into bed. She then remembered that she hadn't yet took a good look around the lobby, so she headed back downstairs to do so.

smiles aswell at the girl though felt some sympathy for her. taken by surprise at her request to go to the Jacuzzi with her. "w-well i don't have a swimsuit so i don't think i could join. but thank you for the offer." she says. though she took an interest in the new arrival at the desk. the woman smelled of a mixture of werecat and vampire. weird mix. she checked her contents of her bag though it wasn't much. she pulled it shut and started for the door. surely the hunter was gone and she could go back to her starving migrant life style.

[QUOTE="black ace 3]smiles aswell at the girl though felt some sympathy for her. taken by surprise at her request to go to the Jacuzzi with her. "w-well i don't have a swimsuit so i don't think i could join. but thank you for the offer." she says. though she took an interest in the new arrival at the desk. the woman smelled of a mixture of werecat and vampire. weird mix. she checked her contents of her bag though it wasn't much. she pulled it shut and started for the door. surely the hunter was gone and she could go back to her starving migrant life style.

[/QUOTE]
Casey, still in her PJs, headed for the lobby to see what she could see. She saw the pointy-eared girl making as if to leave. and she called out to the girl: "Why are you leaving? Here seems to be a better place to stay than outside."

Sky froze. She sniffed the air and smelt a faint wolf scent. Wrinkling her nose, she glanced at the girl she just passed and glared. Someone began talking to the wolf-scented girl, so Sky decided to leave her alone, for now. The hallway felt very long as she to her room, which was already quite a ways down. Once inside the small yet comfortable room, she placed her suitcase on the ground and her duffel on the bed. It was quite late, so she decided change into sweats and read a little from the poetry book she brought with her.

When she was finished, Sky unpacked most of her things and brushed her teeth before getting into bed. Soon enough, she fell into the waking dreams that she'd gotten used to.

she turns to Casey and smiling a sad smile "For one i likely don't have enough money to afford even the night. second I'm a werewolf. one who can't control their inner beast. if i stick around long enough for a full moon i'm afraid of what i'll do to everyone here..." she says the last part looking down and away. "So i shall take my leave."

[QUOTE="black ace 3]she turns to Casey and smiling a sad smile "For one i likely don't have enough money to afford even the night. second I'm a werewolf. one who can't control their inner beast. if i stick around long enough for a full moon i'm afraid of what i'll do to everyone here..." she says the last part looking down and away. "So i shall take my leave."

[/QUOTE]
"Well, for a start, you don't have to pay to get a room, and for another thing, tonight's moon is a waning gibbous. It'll be a long time before a full moon comes along."

After swabbing her forehead for a while, Ajax realized that Laurel needed a night of rest. He made sure that she was comfortable, by fluffing her pillow and laying some blankets on top of her. He checked for life signs, yes, she's still breathing, a little more heavily now. Ajax finally called it a night and leaned up against the side of the bed, rapier in hand, then lightly slept, ready to wake at the drop of a pin.

[QUOTE="black ace 3]she turns to Casey and smiling a sad smile "For one i likely don't have enough money to afford even the night. second I'm a werewolf. one who can't control their inner beast. if i stick around long enough for a full moon i'm afraid of what i'll do to everyone here..." she says the last part looking down and away. "So i shall take my leave."

[/QUOTE]
Casey then realized the what the girl had just said. "Wait... you're a werewolf? Werewolves exist?"

Luna sighs "yes they do at. or atleast i do as does the one who bit my leg and made me one. plus i don't want to get too comfortable for when the full moon comes back." she says swinging the pack onto her back. "well here's hoping the hunter is gone."

"Stay a while, please. The full moon only lasts a day. It'd probably be better for you. You look really roughed up."

"thank you for the sentiment but i've known from seeing the after-math what a werewolf can do in a single night. better to just keep away and let my only victims be unfortunate wildlife. unless there was some way to restrain me during a full moon." she says last part wistfully.

she hmmms "well possibly some silver cuffs and chains could do it. but it isn't like this hotel or anyone but a hunter would have them on hand and while i wouldn't mind dieing if they have those it isn't likely to be ones to give a quick clean one." she says " and i would prefer a quick one."

"Silver cuffs and chains? I'll have to ask the staff. Meanwhile, there's a bar, a beach, and a jacuzzi. You should check them out."

"Getting me into a wishing situation also would do the trick," she thought, but didn't let it show, because a) she wasn't supposed to tell anyone her race, and b) a wishing situation was not something that you could (or should) engineer.

She walked over to the receptionist and asked: "By the way, can you get silver cuffs, as in handcuffs, and chains here?"

Casey knew that it was a long shot, but still, you didn't know until you tried, and she thought that Luna could really use a stay at the hotel.

To her great surprise, the receptionist answered: "For that, you would need to ask one of our maids"- at this he indicated a robot that had just entered the lobby- "or dial 92 from your room. You'll find that we have most of the things that we need to make any customer feel comfortable. Yes, including silver cuffs and chains, if that is what's needed."

Casey thanked the receptionist, headed back over to Luna, and said: "Yes, you can. There's a number -92- on the hotel phones that you can call to get anything to make your room more comfortable- and I suppose anything in the interest of not wrecking everything by transforming into a huge wolf will count as making anything more comfortable. You could also ask a maid- and by the way, the maids are robots here, did you know that?- but I think that this is for customers."

Casey had almost gotten used to surprises, and she hadn't even been in the hotel for a full day.

is taken by suprise and something starts showing her eyes that hasn't been there a long time. Hope. "Your not pulling my leg? I can seriously do that?!" she was geting excited. maybe this could be a home even if only temporarily. it will at least give her time to think clearly about stuff. maybe get a handle on her inner beast. but she didn't want to get duped. but she started eyeing those keys and some stuff that she hadn't had in a long time was really tempting.

Ajax wakes up, aching. He stands up and rubs his back, "Man, I should have sat down in a chair or something." He says to himself.

He goes over to the other room and changes back into his swashbuckling attire. He grabs his sack of coins from the chair and his slightly red tinted cash from under the mattress and counted it meticulously, enjoying every moment that he is able to hold it in his hands. He said, "Looks like I can afford to stay at least a few more nights."

He picks up his silver rapier and sparred with himself for a while, he was stir crazy. He really needed an adventure. He stopped for a moment and thought about how he should savor this haven while he can. So instead of daydreaming about future adventures, he recalled one from the past. He recalls the time he was employed to kill a Half-Orc who murdered and robbed a rich baron while he was out on a walk. Ajax recalls how he stuck a dagger into the Half-Orc's eye after a rather clumsy, stereotypical Half-Orc swing of his greatsword. Ajax silently chuckled to himself a little. He looked down at the silver rapier that he was holding and remembered that he stole it from that Half-Orc's shack, who murdered a Baron for it. He saddened very slightly when he recalled that the rapier was a family heirloom and that's why the Baron's family was so compelled to hire someone to murder another humanoid for it. Ajax was okay with stealing the heirloom though, he had very few qualms about it . He once again commenced to jab at the air with his rapier, practicing for an upcoming adventure that he could just feel in his bones was coming soon. "This, this is you." Ajax muttered to himself.

[QUOTE="black ace 3]is taken by suprise and something starts showing her eyes that hasn't been there a long time. Hope. "Your not pulling my leg? I can seriously do that?!" she was geting excited. maybe this could be a home even if only temporarily. it will at least give her time to think clearly about stuff. maybe get a handle on her inner beast. but she didn't want to get duped. but she started eyeing those keys and some stuff that she hadn't had in a long time was really tempting.

[/QUOTE]
"Correct. Not pulling your leg."

She hugged her tight saying "Thank you!" a couple of times over. after letting go and heading to the reception desk. after staring the weird shadow she apologized and checked in. taking her key she headed up to the next floor "room 0007...room 0007...ah here it is!" she said excitedly as she entered the room. she searched for that little snack they always put in the room and once she found it she gobbled it up quick. afterwards she went into the bathroom and got her first real shower in a long time which she savored every second of. afterwards she called the number to get her restraints for when a full moon comes up and then she crashes on the bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back