• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy “The Queen’s ball is tonight, but with this weather will anyone come?”

Is this still open? I'd love to make a character for this!

Hella open! Go right ahead, we've only just begun!

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter As many characters as you can manage and use regularly is fine by me! I couldn't have a character limit, I know sometimes people get busy and then their partner must pause and write with someone else for a while ^^ There's such a huge variety of characters to play so definitely no limit just yet. If it fits your situation you can also use a character as a minor or occasional character, even though you've written a description for them - you'll see in my responses minor characters will pop in, and the queen herself won't be a main main character of mine. Unless I really grow to love her of course. (:

I went ahead and posted sum character stuff,

so just hit me with any edits I should do an I'll try gettin it done tommorow.

I believe I´ll take the spot as prince, if that´s alright. I have an idea or two...

Go for it! I’ll let you know if anything may have to be changed.

As a side note I’ll be working until this evening so I will add everyone who is new then after I look them over (: So far so good!

I'd like to join if it's still open!

The character thread is live! Feel free to add your characters there - they will be ordered by rank, to make things easy for you all I will look into the titles and how they rank etc. I posted a profile for the Queen as a general example of what we're looking for. She will be more of a minor character for me, but I do think it's important to know her since she is the host of the Ball.

I will also be creating a young royal from a foreign, exotic kingdom who I think will be pretty entertaining and fun. I'm open to adding some members of his entourage.

If anyone would like to claim a character in the royal family, feel free to do that by the way - the king and the prince and princess are completely available, but do keep in mind that these characters would be children. Otherwise if they will fit the personality profile let me know if you're interested!

And I will be creating any additional characters based on need - don't want anyone to be stuck writing alone!

Main thread here

I'd be interested in joining the entourage of your young royal, maybe as a bodyguard, mentor, or valet? Let me know if that's okay! :)

See this is what I assumed - that it was sort of like Luther from Umbrella Academy, if anyone else is familiar with that show, haha.

Well, all of your characters (those of you who have completed them) have been added to the official character thread, and I will be posting shortly! I will be cleaning up the profiles and deleting extra text so they're a bit cleaner eventually but I'm so excited to get down to it.

Also fun fact the castle I used for reference is the famous "fairy-tale" castle, Neuschwanstein. I've gotten to visit it myself, and it has the most beautiful interior, throne room, King's chambers and these super cool creepy tunnels underneath. Anyway, a semi in-depth map of the castle will be coming sometime this week if things transpire as planned, and I also hope to generate a fantasy map of the nation so we can point to where characters are from more easily. I'm one of those all-the-works starters haha.

Hellewise Hellewise I LOVE that art of your character. It's beautiful! I need to make more fantasy art too *-*

A map sounds super helpful, and wow that’s so cool you got to see it in person! Also is there an ooc chat for plot and lore discussion?

A map sounds super helpful, and wow that’s so cool you got to see it in person! Also is there an ooc chat for plot and lore discussion?
Wait, is this not the OOC?
Or is we talking about like, a more specific kind of OOC?

Lol I wasn’t sure since it’s in the recruitment forum, I guess the question I should’ve asked is if its cool we chat it out here or not sorry. 😅

AN: Historically, in the wake of the Black Death, many nobles fled their holdings for lands more untouched by the plague. Indeed, it was quite common, especially in cities to flee if you had the money to do so, leaving only the middle classes and poor behind. This provided opportunities for looting and such, but also, once it was clear many who had left wouldn't be coming back either because they died themselves or wished to flee, it provided opportunities for many who didn't own land or have wealth before to take control of lands they hadn't had before, benefiting those who weathered the storm greatly. I'm running with this aspect if its ok though Walter's family hasn't seized any destitute lands yet.

AN for 2nd Walter Blackwood post.

Lol I wasn’t sure since it’s in the recruitment forum, I guess the question I should’ve asked is if its cool we chat it out here or not sorry. 😅

Oh geez, I didn't even realize this was the Recruitment thread, usually its kept seperate from OOC threads and placed in Other for convenience's sakes.

I am officially creating an OOC thread tonight – reason for the delay was me trying to see if anyone else wanted to jump on board first 😊 I just got home so I will be reviewing eveyone’s changes and writing another reply, possibly adding another character.

Probably the funniest OOC thread that I've ever made lol.

I'd like to join if it's still open!

I'd be interested in joining the entourage of your young royal, maybe as a bodyguard, mentor, or valet? Let me know if that's okay! :)

Any of these are perfect, go for it!

Saavedra Saavedra Owen is adorable and absolutely perfect, you're approved

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Can't tell you how excited I am to have some clergymen at the ball, can't wait to see what they bring

@Jollyroger & Hellewise Hellewise your characters will definitely spice things up!

All of you have been added ^.^

If it's not too late to join I'd really love to.

Would possibly being a lower-ranked noblewoman sent to the ball to make connections in order to raise her and/or her family's status in court be a good idea for a character? Please let me know. I'm really loving this idea!

If it's not too late to join I'd really love to.

Would possibly being a lower-ranked noblewoman sent to the ball to make connections in order to raise her and/or her family's status in court be a good idea for a character? Please let me know. I'm really loving this idea!

Yes, we welcome you with open arms! ^.^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back