• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Program - Chat

0stinato 0stinato adrian_ adrian_
Ah, the burden 0stinato takes off my shoulders. Yes, there's not much to add than that. It'd just like to point out that the whole roleplay isn't focusing just on the mission in Ukraine. It was just the opener. Other than that, a perfect summary of the RP.

I know the struggles of abandonment, Iris was just kinda left there.

Huh, I didn't realize someone talked to my Scorpion? Sorry!
I tagged ppl but you must've missed it. I missed the last post I was tagged in too. Wonder if something is wonky with the tag system...

It's weird tho I only saw the post before yours and then proceed to post mine. I only saw 0stinato's and mine. It wasn't until later that your post showed up. Hmmm.

Dak Dak
Just a quick note/request/advice.
Slow down with your posts. I understand you're excited to see things happen but what you did there would be breaking the rules on most roleplays. Moving other people's characters (Mantis in this instance) isn't allowed, regardless of whether the owner meant for the character to go to the location or not.
It's okay that you did that but I'm going to have to ignore that bit of your post in my reply - which I'll make when other people reply as well - and I'll have to ask you to be a bit more careful next time.

My bad, I read that she was going to the bar so I figured I would put it in when she got there. I'll change it...

The Chronicler The Chronicler

After a discussion with other moderators of this roleplay, we have agreed no to accept your submission for entry to this roleplay.
I hope you will take this information with dignity and grace and will, thus, prove our decision to be wrong.

Ohh if you click on More Options you will go to a new page where you can write.
If you need to review previous posts, make the IC thread a different tab.
Also, your font... hard for me to read :(

It's short, wide, square-ish and the letters are packed together. I have to concentrate more on each letter.

This is how it is: different roleplayers write in different ways. Some of us, like myself and DC write with the default font and would not use colours, layouts or other things. Some like using those things, and some like using different fonts. Some like using gifs so you know which character it is. Some like titling their posts with their character's name or location.

It all depends on who you are. I understand where both of you are coming from (not liking the gifs and not liking the font) so there are two options here:

1) Mr_DC makes a rule where everyone has to write in a specific way, thus alienating some people and making others feel annoyed that they don't get their own creative outlet.
2) You, as an individual, try your best. Gifs can be scrolled past. Coloured or changed font is more challenging to ignore, but copy-pasting into a separate .txt file will sort out the formatting so you can read it properly. Who are we to stifle others' creative outlets while we have our own? Some of us may not like certain things, but perhaps other may not like things we do. If we grant each other a little more leeway, we will get on fine.

If there are some actual, serious reasons why some things should be removed (for example, a gif that flashed bright colours rapidly, causing migraines/fits/huge issues) then I would call for them to be removed, and I know DC would back me up on that.

These are the two solutions I am putting forward, and I know I come across as blunt and perhaps unfriendly, but I have my own private reasons for my tone. I am being as reasonable and rational as I can be, and what I want is for all people involved in the roleplay to enjoy the roleplay, and enjoy each other's company, characters and posts. We all use roleplay as just that - play. For some, it's practice. For others, it's an escape. For all of us, it's a game.

Any further queries you can tag me in. All I want to do is keep the peace.

I'm glad there's been a bit of a truce.
Alongside point 2, I should have also said that players should be considerate to the needs and preferences of others. It has to go both ways. Harley changing the font is a perfect example - she is keeping her creative control over Tora's post by keeping colour and font, but she has altered the font for convenience.

I do expect to see this from everyone, because I know we're all capable of being considerate. I have things I dislike in posts myself, which is why I post in a very unaltered and bland sort of way. However, I can understand players' wants, so I have no real problem with a different font/font colour/layout or pictures/gifs. My likes and dislikes are different from my needs.

Thanks, everyone, for being patient with each other... we have a great roleplay ahead. I don't know what is going to happen, because DC is a sneaky little bitch, but it'll be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back