• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Program - Chat

DrabberRogue DrabberRogue

Pretty much what 0stinato said. I'd just add that the suits and name thing is a rule in the universe but isn't enforced. Unless you count Wolf getting bitchy as enforcement. So, your characters are free to walk around without armor and giving their names.

You can take almost anything 0stinato says as hard fact even though they're working with the same information as everyone. Great job of reading between the lines. And if they get anything wrong, I probably went hop out of a bush and yell false!

Just a heads up, I'm gonna be in an area where I probably won't have internet access for a few days starting tomorrow. Terrible timing I know... But yeah, if I don't post anything for the next four days or so, you know why.

Guess I'm gonna have to make another super long post explaining what Bat was doing while all the other beasts were out on missions when I get back. XD

No worries. Your character isn't locking anyone from posting so it's perfectly fine. I'm glad you made a post before you left which tells me you are interested in not only experiencing the plot but furthering it as well.

So as it turns out, this place has exactly 100% more wifi than I was told it would. Guess you guys won't be getting a break from the bloody flyboy after all~!

Edit: Scratch that, didn't know I was getting dragged to multiple places. Might not have internet in the new area...

Last edited:
Hey all, just wanted to let you know that I am currently having some problems with my laptop. Long story short I have no clue why but it isn't starting up. Either way I will be trying to respond when I can but it might be a while before I get back up to speed.

DrabberRogue DrabberRogue Don't worry. As DC said, you're not locking anyone from posting. Enjoy yourself!

Dak Dak I've also had laptop troubles in the past so... All the best. If need be, someone can take Bear out of action for him to return at some point or he could be a sidelines player controlled by one of us. Just say what you think would be best, if it's going to be a while before you return.

Just checking up on everyone.
We have two open missions, both of which will have something interesting, I'm sure. Anyone interested in jumping aboard?

Just checking up on everyone.
We have two open missions, both of which will have something interesting, I'm sure. Anyone interested in jumping aboard?

Perhaps we should split the available Agents into teams depending on who would do well together, and who would do well in which situations?
Sheer Cold involves stealth, as well as the ability to fight hard and fast if necessary.
Predator Instinct involves defense as well as an ability to think quick and act quicker.

Personally, I think groups could be good like this:

Sheer Cold (up to 6 places)
Mantis (DC)
Rat (0stinato)
Swan (DC)
Panthera ( Elowyn Elowyn ) or Foxx ( MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx ) depending on who is around/if Panthera is still injured.
Snow Leopard ( Emibow Emibow )
Bear (should anything go badly wrong, bring in the beast) ( Dak Dak )
Crow/Vampire Bat for transport or air assistance. (DC/ DrabberRogue DrabberRogue )

Predator Instinct (up to 3 places)
Wolf (DC)
Tora (Harley)
Scorpion ( Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf if you're still around?)

At last, I've returned to an area where I have consistent internet!

Anyways, I think Crow's better suited to the Sheer Cold mission, since the team needs someone to get them on the ship in the first place. Bat's not really much of a transport pilot, as he focuses heavily on fighter jets. You typically send The Vampire after a ship when you want him to kill it, not when you're inserting a team for a clandestine operation. (Really though, he'll fly if you want him to. Just give the guy a plane with VTOL and he'll be more than happy to play search-y search-y strafe-y strafe-y.)

At last, I've returned to an area where I have consistent internet!

Anyways, I think Crow's better suited to the Sheer Cold mission, since the team needs someone to get them on the ship in the first place. Bat's not really much of a transport pilot, as he focuses heavily on fighter jets. You typically send The Vampire after a ship when you want him to kill it, not when you're inserting a team for a clandestine operation. (Really though, he'll fly if you want him to. Just give the guy a plane with VTOL and he'll be more than happy to play search-y search-y strafe-y strafe-y.)

This does make sense, but it also makes it hard to insert the Vampire in anywhere. DC was a little stumped about what to have Vampire do, because the only other air character is Special Agent Crow. This would limit character interaction, which could be an issue. Of course, comms and radios make it easy to communicate, but if he isn't in combat, he won't be acting at all.

Having another area of speciality for Vampire might not be a bad idea (such as ground vehicles), because simply being airborne alone will make it hard to include him. If he's up in the air constantly, who will interact with him? Crow's place in the introduction mission was vital to spread the chemicals, but since then he's not been seen. DC isn't sure what to do with Vampire, so it's either Vampire has a second area of speciality that he can go to (he might not like it as much, I understand), or that Sheer Cold is a much more dangerous mission than Isacoolbow originally intended it. But even then, after Sheer Cold, we'd be back to the same place, asking the same questions... what do we do to include Vampire?

Having assists in the air is good, but we have so few flying characters I'd just worry that you were being left out. I admire your desire to stick to what your character loves - it is one of the main focuses of this roleplay, and I myself do that and it's cut short a story more than once - but I want Vampire to be in the story, not flying above it, as I'm sure you do too.

Mr_DC Mr_DC and Emibow Emibow what do you think?

Scorpion is downnnn
Edit: how will he get notified about this mission?

Don't worry - One has his ways... at least I think so. It's difficult to sound cryptic when you don't know a damn thing.
What happened to Scorpion anyway? I didn't see you'd replied to Muffin IC, so I got a bit worried you'd both vanished. I'm glad you've not, and you're still hanging around the chat but... I'm curious...

Well, I just don't know how to proceed from there. I only wanted to RP missions and conflict and character development, I'm not a good guidance counselor.

Cold is a much more dangerous mission than Isacoolbow originally intended it.

I FULLY intended "Sheer Cold" to be more dangerous then it sounds since things can go south at an extreme rate. I made it sound simple so the characters would be like,"this will be a walk in the park" but then having things go wrong one after the other like pulling apart string cheese with your fingers. (Don't ask about the analogy, just roll with it)

This does make sense, but it also makes it hard to insert the Vampire in anywhere. DC was a little stumped about what to have Vampire do, because the only other air character is Special Agent Crow. This would limit character interaction, which could be an issue. Of course, comms and radios make it easy to communicate, but if he isn't in combat, he won't be acting at all.

Having another area of speciality for Vampire might not be a bad idea (such as ground vehicles), because simply being airborne alone will make it hard to include him. If he's up in the air constantly, who will interact with him? Crow's place in the introduction mission was vital to spread the chemicals, but since then he's not been seen. DC isn't sure what to do with Vampire, so it's either Vampire has a second area of speciality that he can go to (he might not like it as much, I understand), or that Sheer Cold is a much more dangerous mission than Isacoolbow originally intended it. But even then, after Sheer Cold, we'd be back to the same place, asking the same questions... what do we do to include Vampire?

Having assists in the air is good, but we have so few flying characters I'd just worry that you were being left out. I admire your desire to stick to what your character loves - it is one of the main focuses of this roleplay, and I myself do that and it's cut short a story more than once - but I want Vampire to be in the story, not flying above it, as I'm sure you do too.

Mr_DC Mr_DC and Emibow Emibow what do you think?

I guess that makes sense, it's already kinda difficult trying to figure out what to do with him after the intro post. But the idea I had for him is that he would get his social time in when he wasn't on a mission. As an example, it doesn't look like Gazelle's gonna be going on either mission, so he could very well spend the time chatting with her and that intel trooper. He might not enjoy it as much as flying, but at least it's something to pass the time until his next sortie.

Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf
Great, I believe I have a way in for you. I was simply afraid - like 0stinato 0stinato stated - that you decided to abandon the roleplay. I can bring your character into a mission. No problem with that.

I agree with what 0stinato said. Or, rather, that is indeed what I said but through someone else's mouth. Your character having a second speciality would be useful for missions but would be insignificant when away from missions. So, while I do advise that you add in something extra for your character, there is no need for it if you prefer to interact with others in a non-combat setting. As for Gazelle, please jump in. I simply didn't know what to reply to Elowyn Elowyn (sorry) and have been thinking over what to introduce to talk about. Your character would solve that issue.

0stinato 0stinato HarleyQuip HarleyQuip Elowyn Elowyn DrabberRogue DrabberRogue Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf Dak Dak (and anyone else I forgot to tag)

Just so we have an easier way of understanding what you are expecting and to make the roleplay more interesting for you, could you please say what you are interested in?
Like Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf that they're more interested in missions or how DrabberRogue DrabberRogue is more interested in the post-mission stuff. Knowing this will make it easier for me to adapt the story to your liking and present the right roleplayers with the right experiences.
Thanks.

Mr_DC Mr_DC I guess for me I'm interested in developing relations between characters. Whether that happens during missions or after missions is fine with me, although I do think that missions will solidify the relationships more as characters cooperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back