• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Program - Chat

Death
  • We are Beasts but we are human.

Our hearts beat the same as any disposable trooper's.
    Our armour may be recognisable but yet still may shatter at a moment's notice.
    Our bodies age, our brains wilt, our reflexes die.

We are Beasts but we are human.

That being said, remember we're in a combat scenario. Your character is mortal, and death arrives as quickly as a bullet.
    Do you control your character? Yes. But a bullet in the heart means a body in the ground.

This is more of a narrative than a roleplay, a story. A character death means just as much as a character life. Look at Isacoolbow's character Talon, for example. He died. He had a reason for dying. He had a cause and an impact, or maybe he will have an impact in the future of this roleplay.

Death is as much a part of the story as life is. I've been through that exact philosophy in one of DC's previous roleplays, but I didn't get the luxury of knowing this philosophy beforehand. So you're welcome! Still, your character's life is still very much important. This is simply a small disclaimer just in case.

Beasts aren't immortal, but they are Beasts for a reason. Still, if their end comes, it's not the end of their role in the story.

No one is going to go out of their way to kill your character, either. DC might be a mean little bitch, but he's an experienced little bitch so he knows it'd be vastly unfair if that was to happen. In my experience, DC provided a threat and my character essentially confirmed his own death. It was the way it had to be.

'Play well! And do let me know what you think about this - whether you have any issues with it or anything. Just making you aware of this. This is a modern/realistic combat roleplay, after all.

Back