• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Pirate's Mermaid: OOC Chat

Other
Here
I'm also super new to RPnation, but have been roleplaying since like 2009 lol. But because I'm so new, my first is waiting approval by mods. Are you guys able to see it in the IC thread?

I'm also super new to RPnation, but have been roleplaying since like 2009 lol. But because I'm so new, my first is waiting approval by mods. Are you guys able to see it in the IC thread?
It isn't up yet, but we can wait for it to be approved. Shouldn't take long.

Name
Dorealea

Character Background
From a young age, Dorealea was forced to take care of herself. As she was told to do, she dedicated herself to focusing on her survival which led to a solitary and isolated lifestyle. After all, her people were deemed a monster by many. Mindless feral creatures by ones similar to their own kind. If hiding was the depths were there only method of survival simply to avoid persecution, so be it.

However, after a hunt gone wrong leads to her being captured by pirates, she finds herself being searched for after barely escaping with her life and several injuries. And in order to escape, she may be forced to rely on the creatures she was forced to avoid her entire life.

Personality wise, Dorealea is a rather calm woman, often having a nonplussed expression or smirk on her face. While she is initially quiet, she has a cunning and ambitious nature, thinking quick on her feet, thanks to her wit and keen observational skills, and being able to quickly adapt to ensure her survival. She is logical, approaching everything in a practical fashion and often reigning in her emotions which leads to her coming off as aloof, being a bit of a mysterious figure. While she does it to hide her vulnerabilities and weaknesses, she does struggle to loosen up and casually interact with others, feeling as though she must constantly distrust others and do things on her own for her own survival. It is this habit of being fiercely independent that does cause her to get frustrated with others easily as well, preferring to do all the work on her own, even if it appears more than she can chew. She also does seem to show some animalistic nature, not quite understanding some aspects of human culture and acting quite beastly at points.

Character Appearance
Having taken on a human form, Dorealthea has a thin almost wispy figure, taking on a lean feminine and dainty build save for her legs which, while skinny, are quite muscular. Her features match this, her face and facial features being rather thin and sharp yet retaining feminine allure of some sort. That said, despite her dainty appearance, she is strangely quite strong, a quality that can be rather jarring due to how weak she appears.

She reaches 5’7 and has dark brown skin. Strangely enough, her hair is a light beach blonde, thin and slightly wavy. It reaches slightly past her shoulders and is often messily styled in her face due to her inexperience with hair ties. She has narrow olive green eyes that seem to glow slightly in the dark. Her ears have a slight point though it is not quite noticeable and her canines, while not entirely noticeable, are slightly sharper than most. She has multiple scratches on her however, both old scars from hunts and new scratches from her escape.

WILL BE UPDATED WITH OTHER FORM

Weapons
None yet though her strength and more animalistic tendencies can make her a rather formidable foe in hand to hand combat. Her allure also can prove to be a weapon, seeming to be almost hypnotizing at points.

Position
Temporary Common Sailor
She just needs passage to anywhere that is far enough from this island, hoping it would throw off the pirates hunting for her.

Last edited:
Name: Nikolai "Nik" Patrove
Character Background: Nikolai was the son of a wealthy scientist in Russia. His father invented many things and was always teaching Nikolai about the world, and most importantly, the sea. He was the one who got Nikolai into boats and boat construction. Nikolai built his first boat, a small two person sail boat, at the mere age of 9. His second boat, a much larger five persons sail boat, at age 11. He grew up surrounded with love and happiness; however, all of that changed when his family was murdered in front of his eyes. They came for the Patrova family at night, accusing his father of conspiring with the rebellion and helping them through funds. They did not even let him stand trial before they murdered him and every single one of his family members, including his baby sister. He survived solely because their cook had managed to keep him hidden. He was sent to England right after to a foster home. By the time he was 17, he was in the streets and making money through construction and had earned quite the reputation for being a handy man. He joined Captain Carrow's crew at the age of 22, after helping to repair a major damage in record time.

Character Appearance: Nikolai is tall, about 6'1, and has a lean figure. He is well built and In shape, primarily because he was always getting into fights, however he remains lean because he always ended up running from the cops shortly after beating his opponent up. He has slightly tan skin, and long light brown hair. He keeps his hair open, letting it fall to his shoulders, or he simply ties it into a bun. He will occasionally sport the occasional dreads. His eyes are a warm green, and always gentle, even when he seems angry.

Weapon(s): Nik is an experienced fighter, he can move fast and quick and usually does not like weapons. However, he can handle a sword well but his favorite weapons are knifes that he can throw. He has excellent aim.

Position: Carpenter

Last edited:
Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork don't worry too much about it! I always find my first post in a rp either way too long or way too short. Once we start having a natural flow together, I'm sure everything will be more consistent length wise. Either way though, quality over quantity I always say ^~^

Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork don't worry too much about it! I always find my first post in a rp either way too long or way too short. Once we start having a natural flow together, I'm sure everything will be more consistent length wise. Either way though, quality over quantity I always say ^~^
Thank you so much!! I guess my mind was working out what exactly was the plan for my character to get involved! Nonetheless I look forward to roleplaying with you all and appreciate the encouragement greatly!

Length doesn't matter right now. AlienLover AlienLover is right, we need to figure out our momentum before we need to worry about that.

Kana.M. Kana.M. think about 130 ft across, like a Schooner ship.
Alrighty! Thank you and I’ll do my best to keep momentum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back