• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Pioneering Roommates

Back in the dorm, Matthew watched Josh for a moment before going to sit on his bed. "Lookie?" He couldn't help but smile at Josh's choice of words. Why is he so cute? He peeked into the bathroom by leaning over. It was fascinating watching Josh change, how his face changed shape and hair grew all over his body. Matthew actually blushed and looked away when Josh came out. It seemed to be getting easier and easier seeing Josh like this, even though it was only maybe the second or third time he's seen anything wolf like on Josh. Maybe after the initial shock I'm just numb to it? No... I'm just surprised I'm not freaking out more than I probably should. But I want this to work with Josh, so I have to get use to it. This is still Josh.

"About earlier. With the party." He began as he stood up and passed by Josh, taking his shirt off as he went and dumped it into the hamper. He stepped into the bathroom, leaving the door opened. He grabbed his tooth brush and then his paste. "I'd rather not go if it's not with you." He said before he began to brush his teeth. He turned the faucet on as he spit into the sink and then turned it off. "Besides... parties aren't really my thing." he said then put his took brush back in his mouth and continued to brush his teeth. Turning the faucet on once more and spitting into it, he rinsed his toothbrush out before putting it back and turning the faucet off.

Taking his small hand towel he wiped his mouth before he put it back where it was. He then turned around and walked back out. "It's actually the first party I've been invited to. Jason---" Matthew stopped and closed his eyes before letting out a breath. "It's the first party I've been invited to. So, if I don't go I never know what I'm missing." He looked at Josh and smiled a bit. "Right?" Stupid stupid stupid!! How dare you mention him?! Matthew unconsciously lifted his hand and rubbed at the scar on his chest, he was trying to make it no obvious, but he knew it was.

"Bumper cars here. Beep. Beep." Josh quipped as he moved aside for Matthew. "If you are sure. I'm sure there will be plenty of parties later on. I'm not a party person either. Sensory overload. I do better in smaller, more intimate, groups. The only school dances I ever went to were for Homecoming and for Prom even though I had no one to go with." Last words full of somberness, regret.

He heard his boyfriend's words and saw Matthew feel his chest. Josh got up slowly and approached him. I have the predator's look so I need to be careful. He stood in front of him and gingerly wrapped his arms around him. He rocked Matt back and forth in a slow dance and sings softly, "Tale as old as time..."

Matthew smiled a bit, "That's more dances then I have ever been to." He said only to look at Josh with a curious face. "Wha... Josh?" He then couldn't help but smile and chuckle softly when he began to sway and Josh began to sing. "Beauty and the beast?" Matthew looked up at Josh only to lean up and lightly kiss his muzzle. "You're corny you know that..." He said as he rested his head on Josh's shoulder. He wasn't being mean or rude, he was almost teasing actually. They stay like that until Matthew pulled away to sit on his bed.

------

It was the day of the party! Matthew had been going back and forth on whether he wanted to go or not. He really wanted Josh to go with him, but his boyfriend didn't really seemed inclined to. At least that's what he thought. Today was a fair nice day, a little cold, so Matthew wore a long sleeve shirt and jeans. He would be found enjoying his day off from classes in the grassed area sitting under a tree. It was lunch time, but he wasn't able to find Josh so he just grabbed a sandwich, chips, and a bottled water before going outside.

"Hey!! Matt!"

Matthew looked up from the book he was reading, he didn't draw all the time and would sometimes take a break from it in order to still be creative. "Oh... Hey, Dom."

Dominic sat down next to Matthew, more like plopped down. "So you going to the party or not?"

"I don't know..."

"How's that boyfriend treating you? Turned into a jerk jock yet?"

Matthew frowned and sighed, "I really wish you would stop that. He's not your classic jock. He's really sweet and he treats me well." Dominic had been giving him grief, more like teasing since after he found out that Matthew was no longer available and it was getting old real quick.

"Then why isn't he here with you? Huh? He's probably with his jock friends talking about you behind your back. Probably how good your ass feels and everything."

Matthew snorted a laugh as he took a bite of his food. "Where are you getting this stuff? And I know he's not, and he wouldn't know anyway." He said as he grabbed his bottle and uncapped it. "We haven't had sex." He took a drink only to jump, squeezing his bottle setting water all over him.

"What?! You've been with this guy for how long and roommate for longer and you haven't... you know?"

"No." He said as he narrowed his eyes at the guy, putting his water bottle down and wiping his face of the water. Too bad he couldn't do the same for his shirt. "And it's none of you business if we had or hadn't or even when we do. I don't go around sharing my sexual exploits and neither does he. So you need to ease up on him. Joshua's a good guy, I couldn't ask for better."

Dominic teased Matthew, "You've had sexual exploits?"

Matthew frowned and scuffed, "Of course that's what you would get from it. No, I haven't and that's not the point I'm trying to get across. My point, Dominic, is that it's none of your business what we do or even when we do it. And just give Josh a chance, you haven't even met him."

Josh woke up but not in the position he went to bed in. His head was at the foot of the bed as he laid on his stomach. He climbs out of bed and heads to the bathroom to lightly wash up. He returns to make up his bed and to get his gym bag prepped. "I'll be back in a couple of hours." He puckers his lips and winks at his boyfriend.

There, he runs into Lance Leitner and the same young Hispanic man he was with at Burger Dome. Josh hadn’t spoken with them and they hadn’t come over for a chat either. Lance and his companion whisper to each other. The companion looks reluctant but assents. The two come over to Josh who is curling his arms with the dumbbells. The two waited patiently while he sets them back on the rack.

Lance smiles, “Josh, this is Rolando Luna.” Upon introduction, Rolando reaches out and Josh grips it. Luna? Luna? Where have I heard that name before? He asks why that last name sounds so familiar? Rolando explains, “Unlike Lance whose family has been in Sutter for seven generations since the town’s founding, my family are relatively new. Gilberto, my dad, has been Head Ranger for a handful of years. We moved here before I started my Senior year in High School.” Rolando isn’t as muscular as Josh or Lance. He's a bit taller than the two, but his musculature is slightly toned. It is clear from the body language between the two that they are more than just friends. Their relationship is similarly new.

Lance says, “Ah, so you are new to having a boyfriend also?” Josh says, “Sure do. Matthew’s wonderful.” Rolando looks at Lance and then at Josh, “Maybe the four of us ought to go on a double date someday. Matthew would be the odd…” Josh raises an eyebrow in confusion and then they narrow. Lance also gives a death glare which prompts Rolando to clamp up. He said, “Sorry.” Josh reflected on the tone of both the comment and the apology. It didn’t seem that Rolando had spoken out of malice and was genuinely repentant. Josh said, “Apology accepted.”

Except for that snag at the beginning, the three had a fun time working out together because it brought that old feeling of camaraderie he had felt with the absence of his teammates. A shower caps off their time at the gym and Lance says before they part, "Just give me a holler if you want to do that double date thing." Josh replied that he’d let Lance know one way or the other. He just nodded and heads to his truck.

He comes back into the dorm at roughly the time he had indicated. Josh couldn’t have been off by more than a couple minutes. He throws his bag on the bed a lets out a puff of air as he readies his breakfast. Over warm oatmeal, he tells Matthew about the encounter and the invitation to have a double date someday. Also, “Rolando thought you’d be the odd one out for some reason. I think he was just referring who goes to the gym. I didn’t have to say anything to him to let him know that he erred. Me and Lance just gave him a look. He apologized and seemed sincerely sorry about the faux pas."

Josh leaves the room momentarily to wash the bowl. He comes back and sets his science texts on his bed and mentions that he has a report on Gregor Mendel that’s due the following week, "I’ll do what I can here, but I'll probably have to go on a fetch quest at the library later. I have other errands to run also like go to the cleaners so I am not sure how much of me you will see of me until later this afternoon. If you have anything needing that professional clean, just leave them with my clothes I’m taking.” He reaches for his phone and sets a timer for himself. “Three hours in the tank and then I’ll be out.”

After Matthew leaves the room, he focuses all his attention on his studies. Josh was not in any danger of failing any classes, even math. He just wanted to get this essay and the rest of his homework out of the way. With all the items on his plate, he preferred to spend more of his weekday evening hours doing other things like working out or drawing or reading.

In the silence of his thoughts and room, Josh stretches his arms and feels them as his fingers dance across the keyboard. The strange wording from earlier leaves his mind as he has more important things to concentrate on. He almost doesn’t hear the alarm he set. “Round One finished.” He closes his book, saves his report and shuts off the computer.

Josh puts his shoes on and gathers the garments destined for the cleaners. He checks the time and decides to go get lunch on the way back. “I’m thinking chicken fingers for lunch.” A box of six breaded fingers, fries, coleslaw, and a slice of bread enters his mind. He carries the rotund laundry bag under his left arm, locks the room, and heads to his truck.

Last edited:
Waking up that morning, Matthew was still in bed by the time Josh woke up and was getting ready to leave. “M’kay..” he said in a rough sleepy voice, he gave Josh a chaste kiss before he let the other out of their dorm before rolling back over and falling back to sleep for another hour or so. The morning had seemed to gone by in a blur.

Matt.. Matthew.

“Earth to Mattie..”

Matthew focused and narrowed his eyes at Dominic. “Don’t call me that. Only family and Josh if he wants gets to call me that.” ‘Mattie’ was just a term of endearment to him that he only let his family get away with. He had long past gotten over what trauma it did cause from Jason. But he wasn’t about to go and just let anyone call him that.

Dominic held his hands up, “Woah. Sorry man. You were just spacing out is all.” He said as he put his hands down and sighed. “So.. going to the party tonight?”

Matthew sighed as well as he stood up with Dominic following. “I don’t know... I kind of want to.” His voice trailed off that that ‘but’ sound at the end.

“But?”

Matthew, picked up his bag and book. “I don’t want to go without Josh.” Maybe he was slipping into old habits.

“Do you have to have Josh with you all the time?”

“Well, no but—“

“Exactly!” Dominic slapped Matthew on the back. “Then it’s settled! You’re coming tonight.”

Matthew smiled a bit and shook his head. There wasn’t really any point in arguing with his friend. He would go, with or with out Josh, if he wanted to. "I gotta get going." He said as he began to walk off but Dominic followed. The blonde looked over at his friend and raised and eye brow. "What are you doing?"

Dominic smiled and wrapped an arm around Matthew's shoulders. "Just making sure my friend gets where he needs to be safely."

Matthew chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Whatever. You just want to meet Josh. Hate to disappoint but he's running errands today." They made their way to Matt and Josh's dorm, Matthew unlocked the door and opened it letting Dominic in first before going in after. He closed the door and set his stuff down in their usual spot. "So, as you can see he's not here. What do you wanna do? We can stream something from my laptop. I know you were wanting to see that one show." He talked as he walked over and grabbed his laptop and brought it to his bed, however when he turned to his friend he saw Dominic snooping around Josh's things. "What.. are you doing?" Matthew frowned as he placed his laptop on his bed. He didn't like that his friend couldn't trust him enough to even date someone.

"Trying to see if he has any secrets--hey!!" Matthew had slammed the dresser drawer shut that Dominic was looking in. "He's not hiding anything Dom. Why can't you just take my word for it? He's a good guy and he's not keeping any secrets from me. And even if he was, it would be his choice to share. AND It doesn't matter if he's a jock. You need to get over that." He said interrupting his friend when he opened his mouth to interject only to close it as Matthew continued to speak.

The town's cleaners was in a strip center within walking distance of town hall. It was next to a tailoring business. These were operated by two brothers and their families. The cleaners was owned by Mr. Ioannis Argryos, his wife, with a son and three daughters while the tailors was operated by his brother Anton and his wife with their children consisting of three sons and a daughter.

Josh stepped inside the cleaners and was greeted by traditional Greek music. He approached one of the daughters and as he took each garment out, he requested a specific treatment. He had a few button shirts and only allowed them two uses at most. Once he wore a shirt twice, it was bound to go to the cleaners. He could wear whatever he wanted since he was in college, within reason, but habits are hard to discard when he had been wearing button shirts for years since elementary school. In any given span of five weekdays, he wore button shirts. It beat tees or polos that might distract others. She gives him his claim ticket with a smile. He replies courteously "Thank you" and departs the shop.

Next errand, fill his stomach. He knew what he wanted which was a rare occurrence. Many times, he wouldn't know what to get no matter where he went. It was one of his few annoying traits. He got the four chicken finger basket and considered taking it back to the room to eat, but it was a nice day outside. He drives into the lot of the nearby park and steps out and goes looking for a bench. Unfortunately, he had to pass by the dog park. As soon as he got within range, the dogs stopped and looked at him. Some shied away from his approach. Others yapped excitedly. A few reacted aggressively and started to growl at him. Josh's reaction was to roll his eyes. Whatever Rover. Whatever.

Josh sits down and before he enjoys a calm unfettered lunch, he takes out his phone to text Matt so that he knows where he is. [Just grabbed a box of strips and at the park getting ready for lunch. Dogs can be silly sometimes. Oh well.] He is careful about eating so that he doesn't leave any waste. He gathered his trash and tosses it in the basket. He gets back into his truck and heads back to campus. He parks in the resident lot. Rather than heading back to the room, he makes his way to the library to do some browsing and possibly check out some books. Another text, [Back on campus and off on my quest.]

Hundreds of books amount countless rows. Basement, ground floor and second floor full of books and other resources. One can get lost in here.

Last edited:
Matthew sighed, he was getting annoyed with his friend. "So are you coming to the party or not?"

Matthew frowned as he looked at his friend. "What is so special about this party?" The blonde held his hands up, "You know what, if I say yes, will you drop it?" He got a nod in reply, Matthew relaxed. "Will you stop going through my boyfriend's things?" Gets another nod.

"I should get going anyway." Dominic said and patted Matthew on the shoulder. "I'll see you at the party tonight."

Matthew sighed when Dominic left and sat down on his bed. "What the hell just happened?" he said to no one in the room and grabbed his phone. It was then that he saw he had missed texts from Josh. He texted back. Sorry, was hanging out with Dom. Apparently I'm going to the party... yay... Matthew tossed his phone to the side and laid down on his bed. He still wasn't sure if he wanted to go, but now that he said he would he had to. Didn't he?

He still didn't see Josh for most of the day with him running errands. Matthew got ready for the party, checking himself in the mirror one last time. He went with his usual jeans that hugged him in all the right places and a plain grey t-shirt with a black short sleeve button down and left it unbuttoned. He shot Josh another text. Heading out. Phi Alpha Theta if you want to make an appearance. Walking out the door, making sure he had his phone, keys, and wallet before closing the door and locking it. He had to take his truck to get to the fraternity house, it was on the same block but not a good walking distance.

Once he arrived, he shot another text to his boyfriend. At the party. Getting out of his truck, Matthew walked up to the house only to have the door open and Dominic there. "Matt!! You made it!" Dominic seemed really happy that he came as he wrapped an arm around Matthew's shoulders and brought him more into the house. The party was in full swing already as a drink was put into Matthew's hands. "Here take a drink."

Matthew looked at the drink, "I don't drink." He said only to be egged on to take a drink. His friend smiled, "Alright alright. We'll get you a water. Come on." The blonde was led into the kitchen to get a bottled water.

Josh had been busy in the library for who knows how long. He jotted down notes and made copies of passages with corresponding citations to use for his essay. I hope this blows Dr. Singh's mind. Unlikely. Dr. Ravi Singh was perhaps one of his sterner professors. He milked ever second of class from the first until the last. He demanded total attention and heaven help those who showed up late to his class. Someone could be tossing hundreds of doubloons outside his classroom and he would still not budge from his lectures. Papers awarded high marks were few and far between. Yes, there were other professors who taught Introduction to Population Biology and Evolution. However, Dr. Singh was renowned in his field and he could tell those who did their best from the slackers.

Josh hadn't even noticed his phone signaling messages and only looked at it when he was getting ready to leave. Dom? He had heard Matthew mention the name before, but had never seen the guy himself. He hated to judge those he had never met before, but Dominic sounded like a person that he himself wouldn't seek a friendship with. He was surprised that his boyfriend had decided to attend the party, but Matthew had seemed on the fence about it. Not my kind of party, but need to keep an open mind. Relationships are all about compromises.

He got back to his room and an unfamiliar scent greeted Josh as soon as he opened the door. There would be no need for alarm if the smell had been restricted to the bathroom. His nose sent alarms to his brain because the scent led into the actual room. Who? His nostrils sniffed loudly as he checked his side of the room. Why? The strange odor had also touched his dresser. His lips curled and a lupine growl emanated from it. Nothing seemed really amiss, but it was still an invasion of his privacy. What if I had my naughty drawings sketchpad in there? Shirtless Seiya and more for who knows to see?

He threw his research materials onto his bed and Josh booted up his computer and began to resume his essay. Clack, clack, clack. Clack, clack, clack. Josh's essay started to come together just fine. Meanwhile, the hours passed and then it was soon time to get ready for church. He saved his work on his computer and saved a duplicate copy on the USB drive which he put in his backpack.

Josh put on his beige slacks, brown sneakers which he considered business casual, and a sky blue polo. He sat in his customary spot, somewhere in the middle on the right side. The readings and Father Gordon's homily got his mind off the intrusion. They calmed him. He stayed through the entire service and decides to pick up a chef salad for dinner since he did have a substantial lunch. He eats alone in his room.

At this time of the Saturday evening, it would be nearly time for the weekly movie. Tonight, they were showing some mobster movie which didn't seem interesting. Hang out with Duncan Flynn and his roommate Caleb Cosgove? Duncan said that he had new story ideas that he wanted to share and was interested in recent stuff I've sketched. Caleb also liked his sketches but only took noticable interest if they involved fish or other aquatic themes. The two humanoid fish beings on the boat was an idea that the three had collaborated on.

Duncan had originally hailed from Ireland and had been residing in the States for the past five years. Duncan was a slim guy with freckles and vibrant orange hair. A nice guy, but was quite uneasy the first time he encounter Josh. They had accidently bumped into each other in the cafeteria early in the semester when people were getting to know each other. Duncan took one look and thought Josh would take his irritation out on him. Far from it. Josh simply shrugged his shoulders and made a wide grin, "Can't wait to chow down? Me too." The two ended up eating lunch together with his roommate Caleb, a Black guy, who was on the University swim team. Duncan was a big fantasy fan and his dream was to be the next big fantasy author but he was studying Journalism. Caleb was interested in Marine Biology. They took the same class with Dr. Singh, but had never spoken with each other outside the classroom until now. Duncan, in order to become more comfortable, began talking of wizards and dragons.

Josh chuckled, "Wizard? Wizard? I got one right here." He showed the drawing of him in mystical samurai armor with drawn swords next to Brett wearing jeans, tee and sleeveless hoodie jacket. His teammate's hands crackling with energy. Duncan asked with a gleam in his eyes, "You did this?" Josh replied with a, "Yup." The guy took keen interest in Josh's drawings and had asked if he considered doing commissions. He replied that he hadn't thought of it and would need to think about it. There was no pressure to decide, but he was always welcomed to drop by to show any new creations.

To decide. To decide. Matthew said he was at the party if I decided to make appearance. I've barely exchanged a handful of words today with him. I should go. Having a relationship is about making compromises. I can hang with Duncan and Caleb tomorrow or another day. He puts the clothes he had just worn back on. It might be considered more formal attire, but was perfectly normal at the type of parties that he knew of and was more comfortable with.

The walk is no problem for Josh. The streets were well lit and campus security made frequent patrols. He walks up to the Phi Alpha Theta house and breaths deeply steeling himself because his senses are already picking up several voices and scents. Josh takes out his phone to text him, [I am here outside PAT.] He then reaches for the doorbell and presses.

Last edited:
With the party in full swing Matthew was starting to loosen up and have fun, sticking close to his friend. But at one point he got separated and was sitting in between two other guys. He never did catch their names, Nick or Dick... ick something. One was Nicholas and then other Richard of who he was sitting in between. They were both already part of the fraternity and the one on his right had an arm draped over the back of the couch as he leaned close to Matthew. "So I hear you're queer. Is that right? And you're friends with Dom? How is that?" Matthew looked to his right, Richard was the one on his right and the one that had asked him the questions.

Richard was a bit bigger guy, taller and more buff than Matthew. Tanned skin, brown hair cut in a undercut fashion with the top all slicked back. It reminded him of a few characters in Peaky Blinders, Richard also had green eyes that stood out, nice oval face. He was really handsome and would be a guy that Matthew would go for if he was single and Richard was gay. But the fact is Matthew had a boyfriend that he liked very much and Richard was as straight as a corn stock. "Yeah, I am." the blonde said, he wasn't afraid to admit he was gay. "And being friends with Dominic is how being with friends with other people are I guess."

"Really? So you two aren't... you know..?"

Matthew nit his brows in confusion, "We aren't what?" He asked only to have his eyes widen at the gesture Richard did, taking one hand and making an 'O' and then the other with his pointer finger stuck it into the 'O'. "What!? No, never! I have a boyfriend. Is that what he said?" Matthew stood up only to be pulled back down onto the couch.

"Calm your tits man. It's not a big deal if you do or don't." Richard laugh as he looked at Nicholas, "I mean, I don't care." He said as he watched Matthew take a drink of his water.

----

By the time Josh had texted Matthew, the blonde was upstairs in one of the bedrooms and didn't see the text from his boyfriend. Of course this was understandable since he felt pretty out of it. He didn't really understand it and chalked it up to something he ate that wasn't agreeing with him finally. He didn't drink any alcohol he stuck to the waters. So one of the guys took him upstairs to rest. He was laying on a bed with his arm over his eyes as the room started spinning. He then started hearing distorted voices.

"You sure this is ok?"

"Don't chicken out on us now. You want in right? Well this is what you gotta do. Kiss him and make it look all sexy, we'll take a picture and that's it."

Matthew groaned softly as he moved his arm from over his eyes. He looked over towards the voices and squinted his eyes. "Dom..?" Matthew slowly sat up, holding himself up on his hands. "What's going on?"

As all of this was happening the front door to the house was being opened and Josh was let in.

Dominic moved close to Matthew and sat next to him on the bed. The Hispanic looked nervous, "Don't worry, Matt. It's just a kiss." He said as he as he reached up and placed his hand on Matthew's cheek and turned his head towards him.

Matthew pulled away, or rather jerked back causing him to fall onto the floor with a loud Thud! that could be heard from down stairs. Not good. Why does my body feel heavy? "Dom, I have.." He tried to say as he felt a weight on him holding him down. He placed his hands on the person over him in an attempt to get them off of him. "Don't." He turned his head to the side.

"Come on. Just a kiss and then I'm in." Dom said as he pinned Matthew's hands on either side of his head. "It doesn't even mean anything. You want to help your friend right?" He heard a voice said behind him.

"No."

Josh was let in. As he stood near the entrance, he searched for Matthew's face among the crowd. Not here. He started to feel uneasy as he started to search for signs of his boyfriend. Still no sign of him anywhere. His eyes became wild with panic, "Matt! Matt!" The faceless partiers were lost in euphoria and gave no real notice to him. His nostrils and ears opened widely. What his eyes could not find, they would. Thud! His heart stopped cold. Danger! Danger!

Josh ran up the stairs expeditiously. He came upon a room and inside, there was Matthew in a stupor upon the bed. His ears heard a struggled, "No." There was others there and were unrecognizable except one. The Stranger's scent! He speaks a single word hauntingly and disappointedly to the Hispanic man hovering over him, "You." Like a pot of water on the stove, his blood began to boil as his dejected face twists into one of pure anger. Screams of Japanese profanity leap out. Then as he approaches, "First, you invade my privacy! Now, you are violating my boyfriend!" It took every drop of willpower to hold back the wolf who was practically foaming at the mouth with rage. It was a rage that was rarely seen in him and was directly primarily at the man who was aiming for a kiss. He dare not show one iota of his other self because he knew that even if he let out the wolf a bit, that wouldn't be enough for it and he'd completely shift. This stranger would receive the brunt of his unleashed fury before it was turned upon the other two men. They would not escape unscathed. All bruised, beaten, or worse!

Josh swatted at them with enough force to show that he meant business and that he was not to be messed with, but not enough to injure them. His voice started to break as he reached for Matthew and with eyes beginning to water, "I got you. It's me, Ryota. Please be okay." After making sure that he has secured his and Matthew's belongings, he wraps his arms around his boyfriend's body and picks him up effortlessly and gently. As he cradled Matthew in his arms, anguish returned to wrath as he glowered as the others. No words were conveyed directly to them as he stormed out the room and into the hall. If they had said anything, he ignored their words. His feet barreled down the stairs and those with any sense leapt out of his way.

He runs out of the frat house and knows that has to get Matthew away from this horrid place. Josh runs as if he is back on the field or rather, like the T-1000 in the second Terminator movie because his pace is resolutely quick. He would have made it back to Selby Hall without pause had he not been stopped by campus security.

The patrol car slows and pulls up beside him as Josh stops. The window rolls down and the officer asks what is going on. Josh replies, "There was a party at the Phi Alpha Theta party that my roommate was lured to. I think they did something to him." The officer looks at the two young men and tells them to get inside so he can take them to the Security Department which is in a stand alone building, one of the few that is open and staffed at all hours. He softly guides Matthew inside and holds onto him as the patrol car heads to the Security Department which is not only staffed by campus police but also by a doctor who is on call so he can be checked out and possibly make a statement. Meanwhile, the officer speaks to headquarters through the radio so that other campus police are dispatched to the frat house to investigate and take further action if needed.

Last edited:
His head was in a fog, he barely registered that his body was picked up from the floor and onto the bed and his shirt being lifted. He didn’t even really react when Josh burst in. All he heard was muffled voices and yelling. He did feel the weight on top of him quickly lift only to have another one on him. However, this one would have been welcomed if he wasn’t drugged. He blinked slowly, his eyes still hazy and his hearing wasn’t much better, as if someone put cotton in his ears. He could see the familiar outline of his boyfriend. “Josh...” he didn’t even recognize his own voice.

He held himself being lifted up and colors blurring together. His arm felt heavy, “I’m fine, just a little dizzy..” he thought he said but it really just came out as incoherent mumbling. He barely registered the cool breeze on his face as he was carried out of the frat house. The sound of a car was heard and then the sound of Josh's voice.

At the security department building an on site Doctor was looking at Matthew, having him sit on a bench with Josh supporting him. A flash light shining in his eyes. “Hey bud, can you tell me your name?”

Matthew winced at the light shining in his face. “Matthew.” his voice was slurred.

“Ok Matt, can you tell me what happened? Did you drink anything? Did you have an alcohol?”

Why is he asking me these questions? Matthew looked confused, “I don’t drink. I just... Mm...” he put a hand to his head as it began to pound and cause a headache. “I just had water.”

The Doctor looked at Matthew as he continued to check his vitals. “Ok Matt, are you sure you only had water? Did you leave it unattended at any point?" Matthew was asked at which he shook his head. "N-no, but my... my friend got it for me." The blonde answered. "Okay, Matt. I think you were slipped something. I need to take a blood sample so we can find out what it is.” The doctor said as he gathered the supplied for the blood draw.

Matthew was confused, he just wanted to sleep. "Ok.." He sounded tired. This must be all a bad dream. How could I be so stupid? While vitals and blood samples were taken from Matthew, the other campus police arrive at the frat house and shut the party down while investigating the incident.

Josh sat right next to Matthew on a bench. It was quiet in Security. Voices and the ticking of the wall clock. Not many were in here unlike during the day. Part of his attention was on the Doctor and the other was on his phone. As soon as they sat down, he was off sending texts to the two most important people in his life who were in the legal profession.

First, was to his mother Mariko who was Assistant District Attorney. [Mom. Sorry for sending you this message as late as it is, but something happened to Matthew. He was asked, pressured if you ask me, to attend some party at some frat house. He sent me a message say that he was there if I wanted to go. I don't much care for those type of parties, but I wanted to be with Matthew since I hadn't been with him all day. I couldn't find him at first and was worried. I found him and I think these guys drugged him to take advantage of him. I managed to get him away and campus security brought us to their station. Doc's here checking him out and taking a blood sample. Letting you know just in case.]

The second was to his uncle. Connor Kunio Ishida, known by either depending on your preference, was a former Marine holding the rank of Corporal. As a police officer, he holds the rank of Lieutenant. [Uncle K. Sorry for sending this out of the blue message. I sent a message to Mom but I wanted to let you know just in case. Matthew Wolf, my roommate and boyfriend, went to some party at some frat house. I think he was drugged and Doc here agrees. They are taking a blood sample to find out what they gave him.]

As he waits for responses, Josh begins to feel despondent. He knows that he can't be with Matthew all the time anymore than his parents could, but he felt that had he been with Matthew at the party from the get-go, things would have been different. Friend? What kind of friend would do this? Drugging someone is not a sign of friendship. Was is this Dominic guy? He scowls.

One of the guards approaches and tells them that Mr. Wicker is on his way. Since their identities were confirmed as residents of Selby Hall, his involvement is required. Here comes the Director, a chunky man with greying beard and thinning hair on the top. He speaks with the staff who advise him of what has happened. Afterwards, the older man sits on the other side of Matthew and his face is grim as he tries to be impartial. He explains to the two young men, as best as he can given the situation, that he has reached out to their parents to apprise them of what has happened.

The plan right now, is that once the Doctor has cleared Matthew, he may go back to their room to rest. They may not be released for a few hours and because of this, Mr. Wicker tells Josh that he can go back to the room right now. Josh looks back steadfastly, "No. I am staying right here." He wraps his arm around his boyfriend's shoulder. The Director studied him and sensed that there was no use in convincing the youth otherwise. It was unorthodox but there was no harm so he relented. He held up his hands, "As you wish Mr. Nakayama, but it will be a long night and day."

"Hm.." He was jostled a bit when Josh wrapped his arm around his shoulders. Having his head resting on Josh's shoulder, Matthew actually had his eyes closed due to his head still spinning. They had to wait for the results of his blood. He tried to listen to the conversation but it was still a bit muffled, like his hearing was going in and out.

They sat there for a long while, Matthew lost track of time but continued to lean against Josh.

Hours go by and it's found that Matthew was slipped GHB, a date rape drug. Matthew tried to focus on what the Doctor and Mr. Wicker were talking about but his head was still spinning. "I think I'm going to be sick." Soon a bucket placed in front of him and he emptied his stomach. In comes the doctor with an unopened bottle of water and opens it for the blonde. The bucket is taken away and out of the room as Matthew shakenly takes the bottle of water, taking a slow sip. He gives the bottle back to the doctor who caps the bottle and places it on the bench next to Matthew.

The doctor turned to Mr. Wicker, "Now that we know what was given to him and how he's acting now. I can either keep him here for a bit longer and give him some IV fluids or he can go back to the dorm and sleep. Only good thing, it's the weekend and by Monday the drug will be completely out of his system, maybe not attend classes on Monday if he's not up to it." The doctor turned to Matthew and knelt down in front of the boy. "Did you hear that? What would you like to do? It's your choice, Matt."

He didn't like the idea of having needles in him, for his own reasons. He also hated anything to do with hospitals really, but that was more of a forced personal preference that he hadn't been able to shake for years. "I'm tired..."

The doctor sighed and nodded his head, "Alright. I'll have one of the security take you two back to your dorm." He said as he stood up and looked at Josh. "You're a good friend, getting him out of there."

The struggle came back when he heard "GHB", "date rape" and "drug". He clenches his fists tightly and tries to suppress his anger. If not for the gravity of the situation or the need to be here for Matthew, he would have shucked his clothes and ran off as a wolf into the forest to vent.

Josh's phone pings and he reviews replies from both his mother and uncle. She told him that she was getting her contacts together so that should this become a legal matter, she would be ready to assist. His uncle said that he would defer his sister and he was praying for a speedy recovery for Matthew. Mentally, the road to recovery might take longer. He appreciated his uncle's words because things had changed between them since Josh had come out. His uncle had wrestled during his high school years and was glad that his nephew had finally decided to put the inherited Ishida physique to good use. His coming out was a shock to him and had mixed feelings about it even to this day. His love of family was being weighed against his uneasiness which resulted in reluctant acceptance.

Mr. Wicker speaks with them before he leaves. There is only so much he can say. Namely, he tells them that the investigation is ongoing and for Matthew to take it easy and to consider the doctor's advice on attending Monday's classes. The Director knows well that this was a serious matter that could lead to disciplinary action and/or legal repercussions.

The security officer drove them to Selby Hall and buzzed the front desk so they could unlock the main door. Josh is a crutch for Matthew as they make their way down the silent hallway, "Almost there."

Here is their room and he unlocks the door to a dark room. His eyes shift to gold hued to compensate. He softly lays Matthew down on his bed before he goes and pulls his own chair to Matthew's side. Josh sits and keeps watch. In the silence and the darkness, he keeps watch.

Back home, or rather their makeshift home that is call their dorm, Matthew laid on the bed with Josh sitting beside him. Matthew shifted onto his side facing Josh, his eyes getting heavy as his body was finally able to fully relax. " 'M sorry..." his words were still a bit slurred but it came out clear enough for the other to understand what he said. Closing his eyes, all he saw was black.

"How could you betray me?! You're suppose to be my boyfriend! After everything I showed you." Dream Joshua stood there and yelled at him.

"I'm sorry." Matthew said, speaking out loud in his sleep as he shifted.

"You let him touch you!"

"I didn't..."

Dream Josh advanced on him and grabbed him by the upper arms painfully, he could feel the nails digging in turning to sharp pointed claws, digging in even more. He gasped in his sleep unaware that it was his own nails digging into his arm. He looked up, only to look in horror at a snarling wolf's head. "Please.." Matthew whimpered out. "I'll make sure no one else touches you." Josh's voice changed, it wasn't him anymore. Matthew's mouth opened to scream but no sound came as he was bitten at the juncture of his neck and shoulder. When the wolf pulled back, he was change back to a human but it wasn't Josh. It was his ex, Jason, with his blood dripping out on his mouth and a crazy grin and laughing as Matthew suddenly began to fall into the darkness.

Matthew gasped as he jerked awake wincing at the light shining through. Quickly sitting up, his felt his stomach churn but not enough to get sick again. His skin felt clammy due to the sweating he did in his sleep, combine that with a soft breeze from the window they had been keeping open due to the nice weather, Matthew shivered a bit. He would jerk away from any touch if Josh was awake and try to comfort him and asking his boyfriend to give him a moment. Never telling his boyfriend about the dream that was still fresh in his mind. Matthew made it seem like he was just trying to remember the previous night, which he was also trying to do. It came back in bits and pieces.

Party. Dominic. Dominic's friends. Bedroom.

Matthew grit his teeth together clenching his jaw as he smashed the palms of his hands to his eyes. Bending forward to rest his elbows on his legs. He knew sex didn't happen, he wasn't sore except for normal body aches as if you were sick with a fever. So what the hell happened? Sadly enough he was familiar with this effect because Jason would do the exact same thing to him only to beat him senseless afterwards saying it was his fault. Jason was sick like that. Stop it. He's in prison for many years now. He's gone.

After a few moments, Matthew let out a calming breath before taking his hands from his face and letting his arms just rest. Opening his blue eyes, Matthew turned his eyes just enough to look at Josh. We haven't even been together long and I'm already causing this much trouble for him. How long will this last? "I'm sorry." He felt he needed to say it to Josh feeling bad and feeling responsible for causing the trouble and worry that Josh surely felt. He turned his head back to where it was just staring at his lap, afraid of Josh's reactions. "I know I kept going back a forth with it. I should have just stayed here and not go. Then none of it would have happened. I'll understand if..." If I'm too much trouble. If you don't want to date anymore and find someone else... He didn't even know what he wanted to say.

Sorry? Is that what he mumbled? Josh leaned over and soothingly whispered, "Shh. Don't speak. Just rest." What does he have to be sorry for? Sorry for wanting to believe that there are decent people out there? Josh again, "Just rest." How he wished he could dive inside Matthew's subconscious to do battle with whatever dream demons that beset him. He sat as close as he could without actually being in the bed with him. More words of torment. He spoke even though the words might not have gotten through, "Matthew. Matthew. It's not your fault. Never blame yourself. You are a good man. You did nothing to deserve this any more...any more..." Memories and relics of when his grandfather was his age. He tried to not get choked up. Different time and on a different scale but they both added to the same word: violation.

Matthew awoke and Josh stood alert. It was early morning and his gold hued eyes returned to human. He reached out to feel his boyfriend's hand but he shied away. He withdrew his hand and he placed it back in his lap. As he pressed his face into his hands, he looked on and waited. He heard his words as he looked into his lap, "I'll understand if..."

Josh looked at him as he placed his arms on his thighs and leaned forward, "Think I'm going to give you the boot? Not over this." He sighed, "This isn't your fault. Do not think that this is your fault or you made a mistake. The fault lies with those that did this." He didn't know what else to say about what happened except, "If you want to talk about it, I'm here. If you want to chat about anything else, that's fine also." He asked, "Can I get you anything? Something to drink? Draw a bath? Whatever you decide, please take it easy today. Let's just stay in, okay?"

Last edited:
Matthew turned his head to look at the other. How can he still... He didn't really understand it, but he couldn't help but feel grateful for having such a wonderful person in his life. He smiled a bit at all the caring questions from Josh and shook his head slightly. “No.... but.. “ he almost hesitated before he reached out and took Josh’s arm. Giving it a small tug until the other complied and laid down next to him. Matthew then laid down as well only to rest his head on Josh’s chest, his ear pressed against him to hear his steady heart beat.

He draped an arm over Josh’s middle before took a breath and then slowly let it out. For the moment he just wanted to feel the other hold him. Laying there, Matthew closed his eyes and turned his head slightly into Josh's chest, taking a deep breath his body relaxed fully for the first time that morning. He then tilted his head back a bit and opened his blue eye to look up at Josh's face, "You know, whether you like it or not. I'm still, in someway going to think it's my fault. Human nature, I guess..." this was his way of talking about the night before.

"If I hadn't gone and just stayed here. If I didn't accept the drink. Was there something I missed with how Dominic was acting? He had never told me he was trying to get into a fraternity. He had asked me out before, but I turned him down. Remember?" He moved his head back to it's original spot on Josh's chest. He was staring at nothing in particular until his eyes landed on Josh's dresser and frowned. "He started going through your things." Even the day leading up to the night was blurry and coming back in pieces since he was so concentrated on the actual night. "I stopped him. Said he didn't trust you because of you being a jock. Hm.." Matthew breathed out a laugh and tightened his arm around Josh a bit. "Kept trying to tell how different you are from the stereotypical and that this wasn't high school. I guess he never really listened." Matthew fell silent after that and just laid there before he suddenly got up and moved to where he was hovering and straddling over Josh but only for a second as he got off the bed. He really wanted to kiss Josh, but he had a bad taste in his mouth and didn't want to subject his boyfriend to whatever it was.

It was that odd taste you have after throwing up that just lingered. He hoped he didn't make a fool of himself and say anything stupid. He stumbled a bit, from having laying down to suddenly standing and walking. "Be right back." He said so he wouldn't worry Josh as he walked to the bathroom. He left the door open since he wasn't going to be doing anything that warranted the door to be closed as he grabbed his tooth brush and paste. He brushed his teeth before he washed his face a bit, feeling a bit more refresh than when he woke up.

Josh felt his arm being held and then the tug. Resistance is futile. I did ask if I could get him anything. He scooted his body over and lay there. I'm like that boyfriend pillow, but alive. With a free arm, he held his boyfriend. Yes, whether or not I like it. Whether I believe it or not. He looks at Matthew to respond, "Yes. It is human nature. I may not be human, but I still consider myself human. I've done things that I've regretted, things I wish I could have done differently. If you can consider what happened your fault in some way, then I can think the same of me. Had I gone with you, he and his cohorts might have thought twice. We just don't know. We just thank God that it was stopped."

Josh looked back at the ceiling, "I remember. It seems clear to me that he couldn't let go. This was all probably some elaborate scheme to get back at you." His eyes followed Matthew's to the dresser, "Thank you for confirming my suspicions. I picked up an unfamiliar scent when I got back to my room. Bad manners. I was upset. Something that you yell at someone about. I put those the side and worked on my essay. Church came and I went I felt much better. When I came back, I didn't know what I wanted to do until you got back. I didn't feel like watching this week's flick and then thought about hanging with Duncan and Caleb. I decided to go to the frat house because I hadn't really spoken with you all day. Someone let me in and I tried to find you, but didn't see so I went to find you. They were over you like vultures. That was bad, but my nose identified the same person and what was worse, he was leaning in for a non-consensual kiss. I will be honest with you, and do not be afraid, it took a lot of willpower to restrain myself. A part of me wanted to hurt them."

Josh closed his eyes and place a hand over them. Only woodland animals had been subject to the werewolf's attack and that was only because he sought them out as food. He said, "I picked you up and ran out of there was as fast as I could. Campus police spotted us and took us in to look you over. Mr. Wicker visited us for a while and said he contacted our folks. Security brought us back here sometime after that."

Matthew had emitted a laugh and Josh commented, "Stereotypical jock huh? I think Brett fits the look more. Blond hair in the curtained style, bluish green eyes, square jaw. His physique is exactly like mine but he's two inches taller than me being six feet. One look at my face though, you'd think I belonged in a boy band. Touch my face and feel how smooth it is. Regular usage of mud mask has paid off. Personality and behavior wise, yes. I am like a typical jock in many ways. How many days of the week do I work out at the gym? Four days if I can manage it. During football season in high school, I wore my jersey like my buddies. When I watch a game, I'm just as excited. Did I ever tell you I went to Wrestlemania a couple years back when the WWE came to Houston? My dad, uncle, and I went. Guy night out." He smiled, "Then there's a side of me that one doesn't usually see in a jock. Nova Dream went on a world tour last year and I heard that they were going to play in Dallas. Dad knew I wanted to see them badly so we got tickets and headed up north. You should have seen me Matthew. There I was wearing my jeans and band-themed tee which looked like a list of ingredients for a recipe you'd find in a cookbook. I was squealing with delight as I saw them perform and I totally went gaga when I actually got to see them up close after the show when they were signing posters. Speaking in Japanese, just very briefly, with them was a joy since I rarely get to speak it with non-family. I got me a signed poster of the band plus one of Yusuke Watanabe. He's my fav." Yes. Fav. Images of Yusuke prance inside his mind with special focus on that wondrously round posterior of his. Josh's cheeks turn red, "I...um...still need to get them framed though." Awkward chuckle and then a sigh.

Matthew got up from the bed and Josh's eyes tracked him so he could be ready to act if needed. "I'm not one of those jerk jocks who give the meek swirlies and neither was Brett or Trevor. The other guys? Certainly not around us and I never heard of any bullying from them. I don't know why. Maybe that's why I never Dominic until yesterday and why he was so suspicious? Maybe he thought that I was a fraud? The only fraudulent thing about me is my human appearance." It was the only conclusion he could draw. He had been mentioned several times but never had seen him since the semester began until last night. Who knows what was going on inside that head of his?

Last edited:
Matthew listened to everything Josh said as he stood there and brushed his teeth and then his face. He came out of the bathroom a bit more refreshed. He almost smiled at seeing Josh still on his bed where he left him, but he didn't. He didn't want to look like some creep. "I don't know what he wanted or even what he was trying to prove if that's what his goal was." He said as he walked back to his bed and took his previously abandoned spot. Sighing as he settled back down and rested his head on Josh's shoulder. The blonde tilted his head up to look at Josh, "For the record. I didn't care what he thought. I like to think I know you. Enough to know that you aren't the stereotypical jock."

Sitting back up, he leaned over Josh a bit, "Human... Werewolf... Doesn't matter. As long as you don't change who you are are. I'll like you no matter what." He said as his eyes shifted to his boyfriend's hair or lack there of. He didn't want to think about the previous night or his former friend. Matthew smiled a bit and reached up to lightly rub Josh's hair feeling the fuzz. "Even with really short hair." He teased lightly and even gave a soft chuckle.

Josh threw his hands up in surrender, "Oh who knows? People answer to their own logic." After his hands return to the back of his neck, "Yes, who cares what he thinks. At the end of the day, whose opinion matters most? Yours does. That's how most things go. Which candidate do you like more? Do you like thin crust or deep dish pizza?" Matthew returns to his spot next to Josh who goes on, "Whatever he was thinking, there will be consequences." He didn't want to think what form those consequences might take. He frowns. His anger had quelled, but there was disappointment.

Matthew looked at him and Josh said, "Thank you for your vote of confidence." He gives a quick peck to his boyfriend's forehead. "I'm pretty much the same guy I've been for years, but my biggest change in image did happen in high school." Josh had spoken of himself and his past, but didn't speak too much of his scholarly years before high school. "For years, I was a shy kid. Reserved and quiet. Cautious parents will do that. There's so much about my lycanthropy that we didn't know about. Like, they didn't know if it was contagious so they had me wash my hands a lot. So much, it earned me an unflattering nickname." Josh made a raspberry, "Joshy Washy some used to call me. Once I got to to eighth grade and then entered high school, people's perception of me changed. Oh, just so you know, it's not infectious. Dad's a scientist and he took some of my saliva and did experimented with it under a variety of conditions. No change whatsoever. Another example of how different fact is from fiction."

Josh's very short bristly hair is touched and he giggled from the tingly feelings. He makes a goofy smile in jest, "Are you going to give me a tummy rub also?" After hours of somberness, he afforded himself a moment of levity. "There will time for tummy rubs later." He reaches for the top of his head, "Just a smidge above bald. I want to surprise my folks when we see them next month so I'd like to keep this hush hush. I showed this hairdo to Brett when I spoke with him last and asked him to keep mum. Think I'll shock them?"

Last edited:
Matthew laughed a bit at Josh's logic. "Well between you and me.. depends on the toppings for me to go with either deep dish or thin crust." He almost pouted his lips at the quick kiss to the forehead, but he couldn't complain. Though he raised an eye brow, "Joshy.. washy?" Matthew snorted a bit and smiled, leaning up and kissing his boyfriend's cheek. "Well, they could have thought of something worse."

He then laughed, a really good heartfelt laugh, he needed this. "Only if you want me to." He wasn't opposed by giving Josh a belly rub. He moved his hand down as Josh moved his hand up to touch. Matthew smiled, "I won't say a word." He said as he settled back down and rested his head back on Josh's shoulder. He then draped his arm over Josh's stomach. After he sobered up from the laugh, Matthew heaved a sigh, "Thank you." He said in a soft voice as he continued to lay there and look straight ahead. "I..." Matthew closed his eyes and took a deep breath before he slowly let it out and opened his blue orbs. "I don't know what would have happened if you didn't show up."

Josh's eyes lightened up, "You're right. They could have thought of something worse. Thankfully, I had good friends. The few that I would readily affirm as friends like Brett. Plus my folks even though I might have confused the hell out of them and annoyed them every now and then, but they were with me. You are with me." He snuggled against Matthew.

Josh looked back at Matthew, "I would like to, but later. For now, I just like this. Snuggling." After his boyfriend sighed, Josh tilted his head and rested in the crook of Matthew's neck, "You're welcome. it is fortunate that I did decide to go. If the movie they had was more up my alley, I might have gone downstairs to watch. "Me neither." A sigh from him, "I don't want to think about it. Try not to think about it. Just be thankful that I did show up." He really didn't want to think about it. Grief and guilt. Feelings that he had let someone down. His voice quivered, "Just think about recovering." A deep breath, "Don't push yourself. Gotta get that garbage out of your system. If you get hungry, let me get something for you."

Josh's phone buzzed and he reached out for it, "My parents wanting to know how we are doing." He types out a brief message, [Just relaxing. Sitting right by Matthew. I'm planning to stay in for today with him.] It was true. They had enough foodstuffs for themselves. Josh would get hungry eventually and he could just make himself a sandwich and make one for Matthew if he wanted one. "If you get hungry, keep it simple. Don't rock the boat, right?"

He felt horrible for making Josh worry, though he would never voice it to his boyfriend. He knew he should have just went with his gut and never gone to the party. Then none of this would have ever happened. I still have to get my truck. Was a thought that crossed his mind as he closed his eyes again. Although he felt normal he knew he needed to rest and just.. be. He listened to Josh, though his mind was slowly fading as his body relaxed and began to feel heavy. No rocking the boat... got it...

He fell asleep, small puffs of air fanning against Josh's neck indicating he was sleeping calmly. Matthew didn't really eat the whole day, just mostly slept and relaxed. The following day, Matthew was starving, he ate almost as much as some of the other jocks when they needed energy. He eventually got his truck back and life continued as normal with the exception of having a few less friends along the way. But his relationship with Josh continued and Matthew did eventually give Josh that belly rub. Of course it was only in their dorm that he did. The blonde still hadn't seen Josh run around as a wolf and that was quickly becoming a wish of his, though he hadn't chalked up the courage to ask Josh.

Soon it was the day before Josh's parents would arrive for a visit for his boyfriend's birthday and Matthew was feeling guilty that he still hadn't gotten Josh anything. He just couldn't figure out what to get him! As far as he knew, Josh never really expressed the desire to have or need anything. He knew that Josh like certain Anime, but he had never really watched any so he couldn't remember what they were called. He knew Josh only had a few things for his art, Matthew was thinking of getting Josh a new sketch pad and a complete set of markers that the other didn't have but was quickly second guessing himself. He had the money for it all, he had been saving up money for things like that for himself.

I'm the most horrible boyfriend ever. He thought to himself as he sat in the cafeteria eating a sandwich. Resting his elbow on the table and his head in his hand, Matthew sighed. Can't even figure out what to get the person I'm dating a birthday gift. You're a horrible person Matt. Of course earlier in the week he had called his sister for some advice, and as always she was no help at all.

"Why not just surprised him with birthday sex?"

Of course she would be the one obsessed with his sex life than he himself. She needed something else to focus on. Taking another bite of his sandwich, he couldn't help but think that they had never really talked about taking their relationship to the next step. Sure they've kissed and made out, but that was pretty much it, always stopping before things got too heated. The blonde knew he was just over thinking it all. This was how normal relationships worked, right? Like he was the one to really know, but then again he was the only one with any kind of experience. Not that it was any good experience in the first place.

Matthew closed his eyes as he set his sandwich down in order to press his palms to his eyes feeling a headache coming just for the amount of thinking he was doing. Bouncing back and forth between Josh's birthday, to their relationship, to his parents coming to visit, to trying to figure out a gift for his boyfriend, and back again in a circle with him being a horrible boyfriend in the center.

That day of recovery was quiet and Josh was grateful for the stillness. Josh remained near Matthew for most of the day. He only departed from his side to make use of the bathroom and even then, he left the door unlocked just in case any one of them had to make a mad dash. The change of pace was welcomed, but he could do without the cause. The next day, things seemed to get back on track and Josh was relieved that Matthew had an healthy appetite. It was one that matched his own.

Time passed and the weather was cooling, noticeably. These were not the one off cool days. The season were changing. Soon, people would be bringing out the jackets as shorts would be seen less and less. It was one of these cool evenings that the belly rub commenced. Josh had worn one of his tanks in preparation for bed time. Matthew's hand sliding beneath the tank and up his firm chest, fingers tracing the outlines of his abs and pecs. No one ever had been with him this way and he loved every moment of it. A moment of intimacy stopping before it headed into uncharted waters. Years of dreams of faceless partners tossed aside. As for his wolf self, he came out occasionally. True to his word, he gave Matthew notice when he would be showing his other self. Until Matthew expresses otherwise, I'll give him a heads up. Even if it's just a handful of minutes, I'll let him know.

Friday, October 9. The day began like many days. Wake up, do some calisthenics like push-ups or sit-ups, shower, grab a quick bite to eat and then off to his classes. As he made his way out of Selby Hall, he crammed a blueberry scone into his mouth. It had come from Leitner Bakes like many baked goods that he consumed. Something kooky's going on with them. Samuel Leitner had been gone for two weeks and it had unnerved some customers since he was a steady fixture in the bakery and rarely was he not there. His wife Bernice maintained her role overseeing their employed bakers. While she and Sam were equally competent in the ways of baking, she had a presence in the kitchen because she insisted on a certain look and feel and taste. For an establishment that had subsided on these recipes for 150 years since near the time of Sutter's founding, people looked forward to a certain experience. Who was to stand in?

Lance Leitner, in his father's absence, took his father's place managing the staff behind the counter. It had given the young man an odd but dignified feeling to be called Mr. Leitner. His brothers Carter and Colin, who were 16 years old and 10 years old respectively, were still in school. Josh had asked since he was surprised by the absence. Lance had replied that his father was away on business. What type of business, Josh did not know. Lance was being reticent about what called his father away. All his gym buddy would say about it was that it was critical and Josh respected his answer. He did not prod him further.

His classes went fine enough, but Josh wished they would have gone by quicker since he was looking forward to the weekend. His schedule didn't line up with Matthew's again so he ate by himself in the cafeteria. His lunch consisted of a grilled chicken sandwich and a side of waffle fries. He then sent a text to Matthew after he finished, [Heyo cuddlebud. Finishing up lunch here. I'm off to my next class. Hope we meet up for supper. R]

He picks up his backpack which contains his stuff for his afternoon classes and heads off. Just a couple more and then a memorable weekend.

Matthew had finished his lunch and was actually done with classes since his last class of the day, the teacher had to cancel due to being sick. Which was lucky for him, this gave him more time to try and think of something to get his boyfriend for his birthday. Making a pit stop at their dorm, Matthew dropped his bag off, putting it in it's corner for the weekend. That's when his phone went off, pulling it out of his pocket he looked at it and smiled. He didn't know why, but he really liked the nickname that Josh always ended up calling him.

I'm done with classes. 😝 Teacher canceled since she was sick. Going off campus for a bit, should be back for supper. 😘

He hit send and was about to head out but then paused and just to cover all bases he walked over to Josh's side of the dorm and opened up his shirt drawer, he couldn't remember the size that he wore. Once he got what he needed, he closed the drawer and left the room. Closing and locking the door, he was down the hall and making his way to his truck to drive off campus.

He still had no idea what to get Josh, so he was just going to get a bit of everything. A shirt, sketchbook and a set of markers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back