• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Pioneering Roommates

Sam Leitner asked Josh, "Did you enjoy the meeting?" The young wolfman wanted to answer truthfully, "I found it remarkable." It seemed the right word to use. "It was like our civic club meetings back home, but all wolf. Thanks for the raw venison. I hadn't had any in a long time." Catherine Leitner said, "My brother Alexander owns the town butcher shop. He stocks cuts and types of meat that the grocery store doesn't carry. One month we'll have venison, the next rabbit, lamb another month, and so on."

Josh felt disappointed. Had I known all about this, I would have been here sooner than this. What's past is past. I'm definitely coming back. "Mr. Leitner, I was watching the news this afternoon about Jack the Ripper and about the Fenris Brigade. I am taking classes for a career in forensics. My Uncle Kunio is police lieutenant and I wanted to follow in his footsteps, but I was thinking about joining the Brigade. I talked with Lance about it and I think there might be difficulty for me entering since I was raised outside this culture by my human parents. I'm planning on taking a weekend trip to Houston on Friday. I plan to register with my city's pack."

Sam Leitner reflected. He thought the same as his eldest son and believed that Josh preferred to interact with them as a human out of concern that the Sutter pack was very traditional in their interaction with wolves from out of town. "You certainly are taking the right courses. The Brigade has branches around the world. Mostly in the Northern Hemisphere since many werewolf packs are in the north. The only chartered packs in the Southern Hemisphere are in Australia. I'll certainly send a letter to my counterpart in Houston letting him know the circumstances. Don't think your situation is unique. Werewolfism is just like any other genetic trait. Sometimes it can skip a couple generations or several in your case. Your name is Nakayama, right?" Josh nodded which prompted the older wolf to pronounce, "I'll use my resources to try to trace your lineage. From what Lance has told me, your father immigrated from Japan. It might also be a good idea to also register with a Japanese pack. I'll try to find the one you need to contact. If you join the Brigade, that connection might help should you be on assignment there."

It was time to leave and with everything cleaned up, they left the clearing to head back to the parking lot where they parted ways. Out of habit, they had resumed their human appearance. Josh got back into his truck and headed back to Selby Hall.

It was after 10pm when he parked. He entered the building which was quiet. The only person he saw on the way back to the room were the staff members behind the front desk. There was no one in the recreation room. If everyone had gone to bed earlier, Josh felt that it would have been reasonable since today's news was overwhelming. He opened the door and there was Matthew asleep. I don't want to disturb him if he is deep asleep.

He gingerly removed his clothing and draped them across the back of the chair and went to wash up. Finished in the bathroom, briefs clad Josh crept to his bed and climbed under his sheets. He took out his phone to text his parents [Wolf meeting went well. Will attend again. Lots of love, Ryo.] He looked at Matthew and then at the ceiling. I know today was a big day, but I think tomorrow will be even bigger as the new reality starts to set in.

“Such a good boy…” Matthew sat in a chair tied up and a piece of cloth tied around his mouth preventing him from speaking. He shuddered as he looked ahead into the dark room. He wasn’t able to close his eyes only open them wider as a hand came into his vision. He started breathing more as a knife suddenly appeared in the hand. “You brought me a gift.” Then a light appeared and Matthew sobbed, he couldn’t move as he stared at Jason. He was wearing fur and covered in blood, but he couldn’t tell the color of the fur since it was obscured by the light.

“Mmhphm!” He continued to shake as Jason came closer to him. “Who knew you had a pet… too bad he couldn’t protect you.” Jason grinned as he flashed the knife. “I’ve already told you… if I can’t have you… no one can.” Jason’s eyes turned crazed as he rushed at him with the knife.

“Ah hah!” Matthew bolted up, breathing heavily, almost hyperventilating. His hand came up to his chest and rubbed at the scar. Closing his eyes he bent his head down as he brought he other hand up and wrapped it around his head. He can’t find me. He’s not going to find me. He wanted to look at Josh’s bed, but he was afraid to see if he was still gone or came back and sleeping. He’d feel bad if Josh did come back and was sleeping only to wake up to him having a panic attack.

For now, Matthew concentrated on his breathing. In through his nose and out through his mouth on repeat. He didn’t even notice the tears streaming down his face. It was just a dream. It wasn’t real. Just a dream.

Josh was browsing his phone reading more news articles because he didn’t feel sleepy yet. The Holy See published an encyclical entitled Turba Luporum in which the Pope pleaded for peace and understanding between humanity and wolfkin. He went on to say that werewolves had immortal souls just like humans and therefore equal in the eyes of God. It touched Josh’s heart greatly to know this. Maybe Trevor will reconsider his view.

A message pinged and it was from Brett, [Malcolm wants to talk wolves through webcam if you want. Let us know if interested and to set time. It’s a small world.] Huh, is my best bud saying what I think he’s saying? Sign me up in any event. He began to reply when he heard Matthew yelp out in panic.

Josh’s phone flew out of his hands and landed on the floor he was startled. Cushioned by carpeting and his phone having a protective screen and case. His eyes switched hues and lupine features were already started to make their presence known on his face. He leapt to his feet and all his attention landed on Matthew. He noted the tears and is reminded by his own nightmare. It must have been a nightmare but what could be so hideous that would make him have one like that? His mind rummaged through his memories. No. It couldn’t be. It just couldn’t be him. Josh's face is one of terrified concern. He wraps his arms around his boyfriend, "Shh. I'm here. Listen to the sound of my voice. That...man...can't hurt you. Never again. He's locked up."

Getting his breathing under control was his number one priority. Even as He tensed feeling someone sit next to him and wrap him up in their arms. It was only when he heard Josh’s voice threw the fog that his body slowly began to relax even though his breathing was still an issue. “C-can’t.. bre-breath.. hah hah..” He leaned against Josh as if he was his pillar of life and tilted his head back to try and open his airway more, which helped a bit.

He can’t hurt you. He’s locked up.

This brought on more tears as his body trembled. I can’t tell him. I can’t. He maybe a werewolf, but Jason won’t hesitate to kill him. I can’t, not with the news still fresh about his kind coming out into the open. I just…

“H-he… not anymore.” Matthew said in spite of his own thoughts begging not to say anything. Taking a slow deep breath through his nose and out his mouth. He did this a few more times before he could open his eyes. And it was a few minutes later when his breathing came under control before he could speak properly. “With the news out about werewolves, he took the opportunity to escape. I don’t know how, but he did. And…” he licked his lips keeping his eyes staring in front of him, knowing that if he looked at Josh in anyway he’d probably have another panic attack. “H-he called me. I thought it was the person that worked the case but… it was him. He killed the guy, took his phone and called me. It was when your friends were here talking to you about being a werewolf.” He closed his eyes and shuddered. “He doesn’t know where I am…. Yet. It’s only a matter of time.”

Josh's body shook with fear. He was gripped by the fear of what this Jason would do to Matthew if he ever got ahold of him again. He was also afraid of what he might do if he encountered his boyfriend's assailant. A nightmare of a mangled body, a huge wolf with bloody snout perched atop it. The attack which landed him in Jail would be cause enough to take a life and it horrified him. To kill any human was frightening to him, but even more to kill as a wolf. Even the mere thought of attacking a human troubled him.

Josh began to panic himself and he reached for his phone to call his uncle. That was his instinct. "Is your family safe? I need to call my uncle." He knew it was late and he knew that the police in that area would be on top of it, but he felt the need to make this call. "Uncle Kunio?"

Connor Kunio Ishida picked up, "How are you holding up Ryo?" Josh said, "Not good. We have a problem here." His uncle asked, "Wolf problems?" Josh said, "No. Something worse." Josh wasn't sure if Matthew approved of him even making the call, but he had reached out to him when Matthew was in trouble before. He switched to speaker phone and looked at his boyfriend uncertain if he should speak on behalf of Matthew or let his boyfriend speak. Either way, his uncle and mother had connections and he wanted to use those connections to not only protect him but to make sure that this man Jason was captured and placed in a more secure facility. Although he had never met Matthew's family, he also wanted to make sure that they were safe also.

"Josh..." Before he could get anymore out than his boyfriend's name, the other was already calling his uncle. He moved to sit on the edge of his bed. Biting his lip as Josh talked with his uncle. I shouldn’t involve more people. I shouldn’t have said anything. Looking at Josh, Matthew had a scared expression on his face. It was obvious he was debating on saying anything at all.

Closing his eyes as he took a deep breath. Maybe he can help. He is a cop. Slowly he let his breath go, grateful for the minute of silence that showed patience for him to decide. “I-um…” it was obvious this was hard for Matthew to talk about. “My… I was dating someone a few years ago and… he got uh… possessive and abusive. To the point he tried to kill me. Stabbed me with a knife. But… he was caught and put into jail.” He let the small piece of information sink in as Josh’s uncle stayed silent other than the small ‘uh huh and ok’ to signal that he was listening.

“A-anyway, it was set up to where Jason, that’s his name. Jason Lombardi, wouldn’t know where I am or anything. But with everything happening now with werewolves now being out in the open, I don’t know how, but he used it to his advantage and somehow escaped. He uh…” Matthew swallowed and licked his lips. “He found the person that worked the case and… and killed him. Used his phone to call me. Promising to find me. He… he’s dangerous. Really really dangerous. I don’t even know how he got almost across state so fast. He was supposed to be in Lansing correctional facility. Hours away. I don’t even know if he’ll go after my family or not or if he’s just so concentrated to get to me? I don’t… I don’t know. I just know, as of right now, he doesn’t know where I am. But he’s resourceful.”

All the while he talked he looked at Josh’s phone afraid to look at his boyfriend and see his expression.

Today's events had caught Kunio off guard. The Captain of his station made the announcement this morning, "If any of you are wolves, do not feel that you need to declare yourselves among us. Until I am given directions, announce yourselves at your discursion. A couple did reveal themselves. They were not the furry human bodies with wolf head forms. Only their faces changed and only slightly. They had wolf-shaped ears with gold-hued eyes, brow, and pronounced cuspids. It was a shock to his system that dissipated quickly but he had no idea that there was a wolf even closer to him.

His nephew wanted to do Face Time. The young man's face popped up on screen. Kunio mused that it would take some getting used to his nephew having hair that short, "What's on your mind? Have you met any wolves?" Josh said, "Yes. I've known him all my life. It's me." His nephew's face changed just like how his fellow officers had theirs earlier. He felt that Josh's true nature would take more getting used to than shorter hair. He didn't want to admit it to his nephew, but he more readily accepted his nephew for being a werewolf than being gay.

Uncle Kunio was all business as he listed to his nephew's boyfriend and the sound of keyboard keys clacking away and note taking was heard. The torment in Matthew's voice resonated with him, "We have contacts with the FBI and with the media. I'll pass along the information to them and we'll get his name and face out. I'll reach out to the police in those areas for more details. Ryo, I hear that you're coming into town this weekend. If you still plan to, bring Matthew with you. I know you can't watch him all the time, but I think it'll help. Matthew, do you have any social media accounts? If you do, delete them or at least scrub them of any content that might provide clues about your whereabouts." For the next 30 minutes, he offered other advice and exchanged information.

Last edited:
Matthew sat there and just listened before leaning forward and running his fingers through his hair. Letting his hands settle to cradle his head as he closed his eyes. I shouldn't have opened my mouth. I should have just tried to figure it out on my own. Now I've dragged Josh into this and other people as well. "I don't have any social media or anything anymore. I'm not even in any school forums." Opening his eyes, he slowly lifted his head, letting his arms rest on his knees. "I'm not going." He said as he looked at Josh. "It's bad enough I even opened up my damn mouth. He's already killed one person, that I know of, just because he was in contact with me and had a connection. I won't risk anymore."

It was obvious that Matthew was scared with how his hands started shaking. "I can't... won't risk losing you Josh."

Meanwhile, in another state, Kansas. A male figure sat at a library searching through a computer. He chuckled as he sat back, "Clever, Mattie. Very clever." He muttered as he clicked on an image and smirked. "Not clever enough..." The image he clicked on was of a younger girl with long brown hair hugging a male of tanned skin from working out in the sun, blonde hair, blue eyes. An image of Matthew and Anna on Anna's social page with a tag. 'My big bro off to college! I'm going to miss him! #Magin University'

Josh's uncle ended the call by telling the young men to remain calm and that he would do what he whatever he could to track down the convict and send him to a more secure prison, "Let the Sutter police know. I am sure that your campus has a security department. Tell them tomorrow as soon as their office opens and provided information. Let your dorm staff know also. You may feel that you are putting others in danger by doing so. That is what they are there for. You are not alone. You are not to blame for this. We are all in this together."

Josh was quiet. He wasn't sure what to say. He certainly didn't want to sound as if he was underestimating the danger or that his boyfriend had nothing to worry about. "I know you said that you don't have any social media, but I do. I don't know if your family has, but it might be a good idea to tell them to keep quiet on social media where you are."

He got up and turned his computer on. He didn't have an extensive social media presence in that he felt compelled to post something everyday. His frequency had only increased some once he became boyfriends with Matthew. He looks through his pictures and if Matthew wanted to look also, that was his choice. Josh had nothing to hide. Before that, the pictures were every now and then. The last spike in posts was when he went to Japan and the last post of that cluster was of him and Daisuke. The posts before that were from graduation and prom. Before that, the state championship. Before that, was Halloween when he and Brett dressed as Tadashi from Big Hero 6 and Kristoff from Frozen respectively. Overall, his history on social media could be called infrequent. He began to classify any picture with him and Matthew as private. "This is just temporary."

He returned to Matthew's bed and held him, "I'm scared too, but I don't think that you would keep others safe by not saying anything. I think that keeping silent would put others in more danger. This man would attack anyone he thinks might be connected with you whether or not they are. All we can do is pray that he's caught soon. Do you want to sleep in my bed with me?" He didn't what to see Matthew so consumed by this terror that he wouldn't be able to sleep. Sleepless nights don't help anyone. He might be able to stay up all night and be very functional the next day, but felt that Matthew shouldn't put himself through that. He's already been through a lot today and I don't want him to be even more frazzled by not sleeping enough.

Matthew kept his mouth shut. For all I know he already looked at my family’s social media. I just thank god that none of them know about Josh or haven’t met him. While Josh was suspending anything connected to him on social media, Matthew was texting his family about Jason breaking out of jail. Sighing, the blonde leaned against his boyfriend when the other came back to him.

“I…” he was going to decline but then his dream came back to him and made him shiver. “Yeah..” his voice was quiet but he knew that Joshua could hear him. Getting up with Josh and moving to his bed, Matthew laid down. Resting his head on Josh’s chest letting his heart beat lull him to sleep. His arm draped over Joshua’s middle, he closed his eyes, “I love you..” he muttered, falling asleep before he could hear anything of Josh did say something. This would be one of his rare nights of getting any kind of peaceful sleep.

Josh held Matthew's body, <I love you too.> Even if he was awake, there would be no understanding what was said considering he whispered the loving words in Japanese. He shifted his appearance to that of an anthropomorphic wolf, minus tail and claws, to provide a special type of loving living pillow. He snuggled against his boyfriend, closed his eyes, and drifted off to slumber town.

The morning of October 14th, the first day of the new era. Josh slowly opened his eyelids. He nudged the back of Matthew's neck with his head. Oh, if they could only snuggle all day. However, this would not be. He looked at his phone and the bulletin listed on MakoWatch was clear. Classes were back on. He tenderly extracted his furry body from the bed he occupied with Matthew. He slunk quietly to his dresser to get out briefs. He then crept to his closet to get clothes and he draped them over the chair. HIs chosen apparel for the day: teal polo, tan corduroy pants, and his brown walking shoes. He looked back at Matthew who appeared to still be asleep.

As his fur retreated, and he resumed his full human appearance, he slipped into the bathroom to shower. Josh kept the door slightly ajar. He decided on a quick shower so he could exit in a jiffy to allow Matthew to get ready. Total time: 15 minutes. He returned to the bedroom and began to get dressed.

Nothing seemed to have changed. Wake up, wash up, put on clothes. Life was different though. Life had changed for him and the rest of the world. He looked at himself in the mirror. Do I want to do this? I need to do this eventually. Yesterday, he was on the fence but leaning towards holding of revealing himself. He decided that he needed to do this and the sooner he did, the sooner he could normalize the new normal. He looked at his reflection as he had done plenty of times.

The young man's ears became wolf-shaped, he developed a ridged brow, and the hair he had on his head and grown beyond the borders of his crewcut until they resembled sideburns and then something like mutton chops. His eyes were gold hued and he had pronounced cuspids. His face was mostly human and the rest of his body was completely human. Anyone would be able to tell it was Josh and that he was a werewolf. He turned around and saw Matthew was still seemingly still asleep. Maybe a few more minutes before I wake him up. I don't want him to miss any classes.

Josh opened the pantry and took out a jar of peanut butter and then the loaf of bread he shared with Matthew. He took a banana to make himself a peanut butter and banana sandwich. He cut it in half so that if Matthew was hungry, he could give him the other half. To drink, he had a protein shake. He sat down in his chair next to Matthew while had his breakfast. He kept an eye on the time and soon, "Morning. I've set out half of a peanut butter and banana sandwich if you're hungry. We got time for you to shower, dress and eat something before we head to class."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back