The Path From Fayland - Official RP

(Ikr xD At least the girls look decent...)

Jess had the urge to pout when Juniper practically ignored her but went against it, a scowl upon her face instead. 'C'mon Jess. Stop being so immature!' She all but shouted in her head, a sigh escaping past her pale pink lips before she followed behind the healer. Once they actually made it back into the clearing in the middle of the forest she stared at the ongoing battle while wondering how that happened.

'If the new guy was smart he would've just told us everything that happened because when he doesn't and offers a challenge, how can we trust him?' Jess thought while watching as the new guy, Adden was it, decided to make a magically flying fist pop up out of nowhere and fly over towards Varexes who didn't seem to be fairing all that well either. The shape-shifter narrowed her eyes to mere slits as she stared at the young newcomer but remained silent, her body position tense with anticipation and caution.

Ruineth's hand twitched as Varexes and the newbie engaged at each other. She wanted to shout at them, tell them to stop. This was maddness. But her mouth stayed shut. Something inside her had thought agianst it, reasoning that Varexes needed to concentrate. He knew what he was doing. She had almost no experience with outsiders, and even less with hostile ones. And this one was getting further away from her good side every second. Still, she remained ready in case her dagger would need to protect against more than a few vines.

Madness roared in Adder's ears. They are like them... Them! AGH! Adder felt the pain, and lights bobbed around in his vision. His metal fist was about to malfunction, and if it broke, Adder's chance of victory was gone. He had almost anything an elf could want... Except to shoot arrows. He was close combat, and Varexes held the upper hand. If Adder got close, he would win, but this elf had extreme skill with the bow... It would be hard to get close. "I refuse... To speak..." Adder activated another one of his gadgets... The chain whip. Mid range, but enough to reach Varexes. Adder knew the arrow would hit him, but this chain would bring pain to Varexes, and he intended to hit his arm. Adder yelled, and the chain lashed out.

((Sorry I haven't posted, been a bt busy with my rp's and such O.o , but if you look at that image just posted, Night is up top on the left where it says "Trees n shit" and he's sleeping under one of them <<

Varexes-

I held the arrow straight, keeping it aimed at Adder's throat, weight on my right foot to dive to the left if need be... which I did need to.

Adder fell to his knees, obviously screaming in his head, muttering something that I couldn't quite understand. As I tried to interpret his words, suddenly his fist threw out a chain towards me. I was expecting another fire ball, but this was a lot easier. I released the arrow, moving the bow about a millimeter over so that the arrow would intercept the chain and deflect it around me.

It crashed into the ground behind me, so I quickly drew another arrow and jammed it into the chain, causing it to stick into the ground. In one smooth motion I drew another and stepped away from the chain, aiming this one at his metal fist and firing off three arrows in quick succession in an attempt to damage it. My fourth I kept aimed at his throat.

Crap! He shot the chain. Arrows aren't hard to resist... The arrows hit the arm, but the hardly made dents. "Whew... Only... ACTIVATE!" Adder activated his armour, which was based of his design for a metal birds wings, the fact that they were little shells under and over eachother, and he used that, only to cover his body. It only covered about half of his body, but he put tiny needles to inject him with fire, to give him more pain, but he found it gave him more power. The armour clinked as it covered half of his head, and his whole body.

(yeeeah that's not going to work. armor that isn't able to be punctured and covers your whole body? no. the fire was hard enough for me to let you have, and the chain too. but now this? no.)

(Mkay, I'm sorry if I'm going to go into my 'Queen of rants and all that's bitchy' mode but that is way too good of an opportunity to pass up. So, Sugiura, if you character is only 13 then how did he make all of this and with what? You said that his family was killed, correct? Well then where did he get the materials and items, along with the knowledge to do this? And Alcat is right because the fire was almost too much but then you added a whip? I'm surprised Iv'e been suppressing this little post for as long as I did but yeah, the shield is entirely too much. All Faye and Varexes have are bows and arrows, all Juniper has is the ability of healing along with her wits, all Runieth has is a dagger and her fantastic tailoring ability and all I have is the power to transform into a wolf with me being a shape-shifter and all. Just please stop making you 13 year old character so OP (overpowered) because it isn't fair nor is it alright.

Phew, okay I'm back to my normal ol' self now.)

(Yeah, exactly... how did your 13 year old kid manage to MAKE this fist in the first place if he lost his arm and THEN made it? Who taught him those skills? How long has he had it in order to make all of these magical adjustments? Also, your personality talked about him being a calm and reasonable person, not a fucking psychopathic self-centered jackass.)

Juniper crinkled her nose in distaste staring at the now metal man threatening Varexes. She still wasn't sure what the conflict was about, nor did she care. She picked up a rock from the ground without a seconds though and flung it as hard as she could toward the metal man hitting his helmet. The collision would send a ringing into the stranger's ear and probably a large headache. Picking up another rock from the ground she approached the two elves locked in battle. "If you try anything, the next one will break your nose." she warns glaring with her purple eyes at the stranger stepping in front of Varexes to stop the fight.

Varexes-

Adder's fist began to expand and cover his whole body from head to toe with what seemed to be invincible armor. I scowled and gritted my teeth, wondering what I could do at this point when my wrist twinged in pain. Looking at it, I noticed it had turned a dark purple from when I"d twisted it earlier. I clenched my jaw and ignored the pain, about to draw an arrow when I saw a rock whiz in front of me and clang against Adder.

I spun around to see who had thrown it, looking in shock as Juniper stepped between us and threatened Adder.

Holy crap... she's amazing. I thought, my hand still in my quiver for an arrow.

I stepped up next to her and drew, pulling it to my cheek, ready to jump and knock Juniper out of the way if anything came hurtling towards us.

(Find a weakness, or we'll take over and kick you out and kill your character. You're being way too overpowered right now.)

(Oh Juniper, always the problem solver!)

Jess let out a scowl as she saw Adder's arms turn into a shield that covered practically all of his body except half of his head. "The only weakness noticeable is the vulnerable half of his head which is all we really need to kill him." She mused aloud, her head cocked to the side in annoyance and frustration. Her main source of frustration was because of how ignorant the child was being.'He even acts like a child, making decisions without thinking them through.'

Just as she was about to shuffle a little closer to Varexes, a rock flew through the air, the owner of which being none other than Juniper. 'Wooh! That's 'em who's the boss.' Jess thought with a snicker, her eyes shinning in amusement. But the amusement was short lived when she thought about what Adder would do to either Varexes or Juniper since that was sure to make him even more aggravated. 'That's it. If he even so much as tries another move that would somehow harm one of our group members then I'll go all wolf on him.'

((Ah, sorry I've been busy with loads of homework and some personal issues, so I've been rather busy and stressed. I'm here now though :3 And woah, Adder has gotten quite OP O.o I just barely tolerated the shield in the beginning, then the fire ball, but this? :x well, since its been acknowledged by others in the RP already this will be the last one that slides--and he can't use that crazy shield ever again after this, so it has to break or something. He can use the shield on the metal arm though, and fire would have to be veryy limited. Also, the arm must have been made by another very skilled elf, not himself. So that's a slight alter in your character sheet, @Sugiura Yoshitoki ))

Faye took a step back, her eyes widening in response to the scene unraveling right before her. It seemed that Adder did not only come equipped with a metal fist, but he had a variety of additional features as well. It was one gadget after another, a small shield forming from his metal arm, fire shooting from his fist along with chains, and now an entire protection of body armor. Who in the world was this kid and where did he get all these fancy weapons and such?

She lifted her bow cautiously, feeling that with Adder covered in all that armor it would be difficult to fight him with just a bow and arrow. Her jaw clenched tightly, wondering what would happen next. Now not only was Varexes in danger, but Juniper had stepped in the middle of the brawl. Considering no one knew almost anything about this newcomer, Faye was uncertain of whether he would target Juniper, settle down, or push her aside to refocus his attention on Varexes. Either way, she wasn't going to allow anyone to get hurt.

Eyeing the one unprotected area of Adder, around his face, she stealthily nocked an arrow and began to draw back her bowstring quietly among all the commotion. With that, she stepped to the side gently and focused her aim on Adder's right eye. He had made a mistake by turning straight to violence with her and her friends, so she was willing to do what she could to teach him a lesson. Without wasting another second, she released the arrow and watched as it swiftly flew through the chilling air directly at Adder's right pupil. It wouldn't kill him, but it would indeed be messy.

((Ruineth slowly backs away. Backwards through the forest. Backwards through Auchertown. Backwards, backwards. All the way back home. She sits quietly, placing her hands on the table in front of her. "I'm so done" she whispers. Then, she slowly gets back up. And makes her way back into the clearing, returning to her spot. Nah, but I agree with everyone. That was a little much, dude.))

Ruineth stepped back from the fight, fear sweeping over her heart. She pulled the dagger from her belt. It wouldn't do much good, but at least she had something. She stood at a ready stance, preparing for the unlikely chance that the dagger would be needed. She cursed herself for not being brave enough to stay closer or having the skill to be more useful in a fight.

Even if she had training with a sword or bow, she still may have been useless. Fire, chains, full-body armor? Who was this guy? He was like some sort of super weapon, created by warlords to guarantee their victory in battle. The same leaders who had been responsible for so much unnecessary death. She gripped the danger tighter. This man would not be the end of their journey.

(Ok, Nami, gonna say this now... an arrow to a pupil? Unless your bow is so under powered it will bounce off of anything except flesh, it will pierce the eye and go through to the brain. "Messy" is an understatement.

LOL RUINETH xD )

Varexes-

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw everyone else in the group preparing to fight, ready to make sure that this Adder character would not be the end of our journey. I grimaced in internal turmoil as part of me was glad they were assisting, but another part wanted to yell at them to run away. Part of it was personal: this boy had attacked my friends and myself, injuring me in a one-on-one fight, which meant I wanted to finish it one on one. But another part told me that this was good: as a team, we would learn not only how to fight better together but also we would have less of a chance of being hurt.

My grimace grew as my teeth gritted against one another before I sighed and relaxed internally, allowing it. I was too injured anyways, what with my back weeping from the flames and wrist obviously sprained, alongside my boiling torso. There was no way for me to finish this fight alone without dying, and at this point I didn't want to die.

Juniper had impacted me enough to the point where I was embarrassed about my beliefs. Yes, I was willing to die for the group, for the Quest so peace could be regained in the world. But I no longer WANTED to. I wanted to live and survive and see where my relationship with Juniper would go.

That meant letting go of certain feelings I had felt for a long time, namely the one that I was a lone wolf. Sure, my skills were helpful, but in a team they only did so much. I would need to work together with them, learn their moves and timing and accommodate that into any plans I may make in the future so we could all get out alive. I was no leader, but I wasn't a follower either. I am determined to make sure that changes.

Gripping my bow string loosely, pulling back my arrow, I aimed at Adder's weakspot, only to see Faye step to the side and release an arrow directly into the weak spot.

(I love how Varexes had this whole internal monologue about working together and Faye just waltz up and shoots an arrow right into Adder's face...)

OOC- LOL! I think I mentioned this, but Adder was born into a family of smiths. He was talented at this, sooo...

The arrow smacked Adder in the eye. "GAH!" Adder pulled the arrow out. The vision was blurry, and the pain was overpowering. Adder took an attempt to run.

((WELL I'VE NEVER SHOT SOMEONE IN THE EYE AND I DON'T WATCH MOVIES WHERE PEOPLE GET SHOT IN THE EYE SO I GUESS YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY.

Well, too late now. ^^"))

(LOL you're stupid, a 13 year old boy with only one arm traumatized by losing his family couldn't do this shit. Don't be a dumbass, if you were 13 and only had one arm and just saw your entire village get slaughtered and burned:

A: where the hell are you going to get the materials?

B: how are you going to forge a fist with this much power with one hand, traumatized emotionally/psychologically from the death of your family? that psychological damage is going to cause some issues, because even if you SOMEHOW convert that into pure anger/hatred you're going to make flaws in the design.

C: you're a smith, not a magic user. you're throwing f.ucking FIREBALLS dammit!)

(( hahahah, Alcat, I understand where you're coming from but just try to say it a bittttt more nicely next time |D //slapped// xD

But he's right, you can only have one talent...you seem to have magic, close combat, and smithing. So either choose close combat or smithing and rid of the fireballs 'cause that's a bit ridiculous unless it's magic. If you're talented in smithing you can be skilled at making tools, weapons, and armor, but you must have the materials to do so. So, you could have the metal arm and all but since you were missing an arm you had to have had someone make it for you because you can't do that with one arm hahah. Close combat and you can have the fist and fight well. ))

(Um... if you pulled an arrow out of your eye then that would practically rip your eye right out of the socket because of the fact that the part of the arrow that pierced your eye has two sharp points aiming backwards so if you pulled it out, your eye would get caught on the sharp tips and pop! Out comes the eye... oh and the pain from your eye being ripped out of place would be too excruciating for you to be able to run off, nonetheless even walk... Just saying.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back