The Path From Fayland - Official RP

Juniper looked around in frustration when no one moved. She turned her head when she heard each of them speak, but she showed no recognition that she even knew her own name. They kept asking what she was doing, it was tiring repeating herself, but she did so anyways. "I said leave!" she screamed. "I won't say it again! You are trespassing!" She wondered why they kept screaming for a plant. Juniper was a plant right, it didn't grow around here. "Listen to your friend and go find juniper else where." she spat. Maybe they needed a nudge of motivation to get moving.

(WAIT WHAT THAT'S NOT JUNIPER?!?!)

Varexes-

I looked at Juniper quizzically as she spoke in the third person, as if she were not actually Juniper. At that I closed my eyes and breathed deeply as the boiling in my gut grew at an alarming rate before looking at her again.

"OK. You're not Juniper. The person you are in is Juniper," I spoke in a near-whisper, loud enough for Juniper's ears to hear. I cleared my throat and spoke again, remaining in a calm voice. "What is your name? I apologize for trespassing, we all do, but we didn't know. This is obviously your home, and we were unaware. That is no excuse, but nothing is going to work out unless we talk about this calmly."

I turned my attention to Jess and Ruineth. "Jess, change back. Ruineth, sheathe your dagger. We are in no danger; in fact, we are the trespassers," I spoke in a firm tone, hoping the look in my eyes would be enough to convince them to listen to me.

((I'm slightly lost xD Juniper is still Juniper, right? And what exactly is Faye doing now that Varexes kicked her? Is she on the ground and can she stand up? xD ))

Juniper shook her head "I am in nobody!" she disagreed. "No more talking! Enough!" She stomped her foot angrily. Realizing they weren't going to see reason without a push she shoved the sword forward against Varexes' chest until she saw blood and held it in place. "This is your last chance! Leave NOW!" She bared her teeth in a hiss holding the blade steadily. Her eyes wandered from elf to elf then back at the one on the ground waiting for any of them to try anything. Her mind was set and there was no changing it.

Varexes-

Juniper shoved the blade into my chest, causing me to flinch in the pain and at the sudden welling of red. Something is wrong, severely wrong... I thought to myself as I twisted my entire body, slamming my palm into the edge of the blade and forcing it away from me. I continued with the spin, landing my now bloody hand onto the ground hard, using that force to push myself up onto my feet. Spinning the opposite direction, I ducked and slammed my forearm directly into Juniper's stomach, hopefully knocking the wind out of her and forcing her away from me while I used my other hand to grab her wrist and hold the blade in front of me, keeping the flat of it against my stomach.

Juniper lost her balance when the sword was shoved away. She turned holding onto the weapon ready to swing, but Varexes was already on his feet. She felt a shove in the stomach, before she saw it. She stumbled backwards, blood dripped down to the floor from her ankle. Her head snapped toward the grip on her wrist. Her body was breathing heavily, but she wasn't fazed. She instantly dropped the sword and kicked it behind him. She knew she had the advantage, because he was going to avoid hurting her at all costs. She on the other hand, didn't care. She lifted her foot and slammed it right into where she knew it would hurt the most. In case he still held onto her wrist, she ducked under his arm and pulled his arm behind him twisting it, before picking up the blade and pointed the tip at the back of his neck.

Varexes-

"Juniper" was smart, and a damn good fighter. After dropping the sword, she instantly made a move to kick me where it hurts most. I released my grip and pivoted on my foot so that I wound up behind her, her foot connecting with empty air. She ducked and tried to back up, only to hit me and cause me to lose my balance.

I collapsed onto the ground, the sword in front of me. I shoved the handle away from me and watched it skitter away about three meters from where I lay on the ground before I rolled to the side and regained my feet, keeping the sword behind me.

As I rose I had a dizzy spell, but quickly shook it away as I blinked twice in rapid succession. Warm, red liquid was dripping on the ground from the cut on my hand and the boiling in my stomach had reached new heights of pain. Sheer force of will and adrenaline kept me on my feet, even though my legs and arms felt like lead. I knew that if this went on any longer I was going to die, feeling another slow drip roll down my stomach from the small cut in my chest.

"Listen, whoever you are. Stop. I don't want to fight. We can talk this out. Violence isn't the answer, this isn't going to work. Neither of us is going to win," I spoke fast, keeping my hands up in a warding maneuver and as a sign of peace. I panted heavily through my words, barely getting them past my dry mouth.

"We're on our way to Reddell, to forge a peace between Light and Dark elves. We didn't know this was your land, we're sorry! Just let us go on our way and we'll never return." I hoped my fast speaking would get through to "Juniper" but figured it wouldn't. As I stood there talking, hopefully trying to buy time, I was thinking of a way to counter attack, and hoping against hope that neither Faye nor Jess would harm Juniper.

Juniper's green eyes hardened. "See, that's where you're wrong. I can't loose. I kill you. That's fine. You kill me, well you're not actually killing me are you?" She bent down picking up a rock from the ground and tossed it in between her hands as she spoke. She blinked looking at Varexes a flash of realization and helplessness flashed across her face and then it was gone. She threw the rock as hard as she could aiming it at his head. She raced toward the knife on the ground.

Varexes-

I gritted my teeth at her logic, knowing she was right. There was no way to win this without hurting Juniper... unless...

I almost didn't see her move to throw the rock in time, ducking and hearing the stone whistle over my head.

Don't aim for the head, a simple duck will dodge it... aim for the chest, where it's nearly impossible to dodge...

I heard the words in my head in a split second, seeing "Juniper" dive for the knife behind me. I took a step in her way and gripped her legs tightly, pulling her away from the blade and sitting on her, placing all of my weight on her lower back, gripping her arms and holding them behind her back in a simple hold, using my knees to hold down her elbows and my body to hold down her back. I was out of range of her legs, and kept way out of her headbutt range.

"You might be in control of Juniper's body, but you don't have any influence over her strength. She's still just a healer. I'm stronger than her by far," I spoke in a calm voice, hoping that whoever this was couldn't use magic to increase her strength. It was a struggle for me to hold her down, and I hoped Jess would jump in and help me restrain Juniper.

Juniper tumbled to the ground. She felt a huge amount of weight on her back pinning her to the ground. She felt his strong grip around both her wrists and banged her head against the ground angrily. She stopped lifting her head "She's a healer." She repeated "Why didn't you say so before? It would have saved me all that trouble." She mutters "I don't need to make her strong. I just need to make you weak." She closed her eyes crinkling her nose in concentration and took back the healing she had used to remove the burns on his back.

(So if this coincidence was nonexistent and Juniper had last used her powers on someone/thing else, it would be almost completely pointless to undo that? Damn.)

Varexes-

I suddenly felt a searing on my back as "Juniper" lay there. All I did was gasp out in pain and lean forward to put more pressure on her elbows and wrists, slightly lessening the pressure on her back. Not enough to let her move, not there would be time before I gritted my teeth and returned all of my weight.

A red haze of pain filled my vision, punctuated oddly with dark spots as pain overwhelmed my sense of vision. I kept groaning and gasping at the extreme pain from my flesh burning once again. However, not once did I allow my grip to loosen.

Don't... let... go...

Juniper struggled under his weight trying to break loose. She gave up and rested her chin on the ground breathing heavily. She was silent for a while and then her eyes opened. "Varexes..." she whispered meekly. "My ankle. The thing, it bit my ankle." she coughed. "I couldn't heal it. It had some sort of poison." she explains quickly in case she lost control again.

Varexes-

My head was pounding as I clenched my eyes and teeth, still breathing heavily as the burns weeped beneath my clothes. I heard a voice, to whom I thought belonged to Juniper. Something about a bite on her ankle...

I kept my weight on her, reaching out with my voice to Jess.

"Jess, her ankle! Something bit her..." I groaned out in pain, taking all of my strength. I turned my head and opened my eyes to look to see if anything was on her ankle, forcefully clearing the red haze from my vision.

Blood dripped down her boot below her bite wound. Juniper felt panic rise inside her. "Let go. You have to let go." she quickly spat out in desperation. "I can't do it again if I'm not touching you. If I do it again, it will kill you. The time before, you were bleeding and unconscious." she stammered as quickly as she could. "You have to let go now!" she pleaded. Her head spun trying to come up a way to prove it was her that was speaking.

Jess just looked at Varexes as if saying 'What the hell am I supposed to do!?' It was a question that seared heavily throughout her mind as she looked over to Juniper's ankle like Varexes had instructed. At first glance it would seem as if it was only an injury that could be remotely serious, with the blood oozing out of it and all, but if you took a closer look you could clearly see strange puncture marks located on the tender flesh, blood and dirt crusting the wound which could lead to serious infection if proper care and immediate attention wasn't given.

Conflicted on what to do, mainly because it was limited when she was in her shifted form and she head no thoughts on changing back, she decided to take up Varexes' spot. He was only getting weaker and if Juniper did indeed lash out again Jess would have a better bet of restraining the female. Plus, if it came down to it, the brunette could be more forceful and demanding with Juniper than Varexes could be.

Shaking her head she put the 'plan' into action she released a strong and powerful bark from her mouth to capture the two elves attention while bounding over to them, taking the time to gently nudge Varexes out of the way so as to not hurt or further disrupt his injuries. Once he was out of the position of being placed atop Juniper, Jess filled in his place of absence, her front paws pushing the unstable girl's arms into the ground while her back ones restricted her legs. It was probably the safest bet and if she ever needed to then Jess could use her teeth as a weapon or defense mechanism. But only if it came down to it.

Once everything was in relative order she flicked her head and eyes toward the bite on Juniper's ankle, hoping Varexes would tend to the wound like she was expecting him to do.

Hearing the female underneath her speak words that were only slightly disoriented she was glad that she took the route of being the one to restrain Juniper. The healer hadn't ever tended to the shape-shifter's wounds so if she tried to undo an injury that she had healed, it wouldn't affect Jess.

Varexes-

I heard a sharp back coming from one side, but I ignored it until I felt someone nudging me. I slowly let Jess take my place before collapsing onto my hands, clenching my slowly-clotting palm. I took a moment to breathe before looking up at Jess and saw her flick her head. I nodded and swallowed, hoping to shove the pain down. Instead it just seemed to get worse, so I took a deep breath and focused on holding it as I crawled over to Juniper's leg.

I looked down at the bite wound, wondering what could have done this, and not knowing what to do. The pain was far too distracting. There was no way I could do anything. I gripped her ankle tenderly, hoping this might help me on what to do.

((Woah. Lol, I wish the alerts weren't so derpy. So Juniper has an alter ego? Interesting.))

Ruineth had sheathed her dagger when Varexes asked her to. During this ordeal, she'd been slowly backing away. What happened to Juniper? She watched as Varexes held her ankle, craning her neck to get a look. She winced at the sight of the wound. Something nasty has bitten her. She observed the surrounding area, hoping the culprit wasn't still near.

Both Varexes and Juniper were hurt. Jess was pinning Juniper down. Wanting to help, Ruineth looked to Faye.

"What should we do?" She asked, making her way to Faye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back