The Path From Fayland - Official RP

(I'm kind of waiting for somebody else to post. I kinda screwed up when I made Varexes pass out. Unless he magically wakes up again, which I think is a tad unrealistic, I have to wait for someone else to do something.)

Faye stood there, her bow lying loosely in her grip. Her eyes were slightly wider as she stared at the corpse of the mysterious boy, well aware that it was her arrow which had killed him. Without any further hesitation her eyelids closed and she turned her head down past her shoulder. She knew her arrow would put an end to him, but she had tried to convince herself she thought otherwise when making the move. Was it that she wanted to kill the elf rather than simply fend him off? A slight trace of guilt raced through her veins.

She sighed softly to herself before opening her eyes once again to face the dead body. Faye calmly made her way over to the elf and kneeled down beside him, cringing inwardly at his blood splattered flesh. She placed her right palm on the boy's armored chest and lowered her head as she whispered a soft prayer.

She hadn't know the boy, so how was she to know his story? It was possible he was none other than a good soul, yet a lost one as well. Maybe he had good intentions, but his past had corrupted his mind. How was she...to know? She didn't even get the chance to find out, considering she'd resorted to violence right away.

Her jaw clenched as she sat in that position, although her eyes were wide open at that point. Her pupils were glued to the dead body of a young elf she had just taken the life of. It hadn't occurred to her how guilty she'd feel for doing such a deed until the shot had been carried out.

Finally, Faye managed to stand up and slowly back away from the corpse. However, she still looked dazed and both her mind and vision seemed fuzzy as she stumbled to the side a little. Shaking her head subtly, she found her balance again and faced Varexes and Juniper after glancing at the ground for a moment.

"Is he okay?" she questioned with obvious concern, eyeing Juniper. She knew what her priorities were, and keeping her friends alive and safe was on the top of that list. She'd kill anyone who attempted harm on them.

Juniper sat up slowly gritting her teeth having heard her name. "Um no he's dead." she stated not sure why she would be asking such a stupid question and then realized who Faye was talking about. "Oh, you meant Varexes?" she rubbed the back of her head. "I healed him, I don't know why he isn't waking up. That hasn't ever happened before." she told Faye trying to hide the concern in her voice. She hoped her abilities weren't faltering. After she finished talking she dropped her head into her lap, as if curling her arms around it would stop the headache.

Varexes-

I shifted in my sleep, murmuring soft words as I winced in what appeared to be pain as I moved. While my external wounds were healed, my mind was so exhausted and deprived of true rest that it had shut down in order to preserve consciousness. My mind drifted in a black, empty void as I lay there, murmuring and breathing so softly that my chest barely seemed to rise, despite the steady rhythm and strong heartbeat that emanated from my prone form. 
(Varexes is so useless ;- ;)

Jess turned her head in the direction of Faye but glanced away right after she was the elf kneeling down next to the one who had just died, feeling as if she was intruding on a private moment. Lost in her thoughts of everything that had occurred in a single day she jumped at the sound of Faye and Juniper talking, listening to the words that bounced between the two as the mood slowly turned a bit more somber.

Once Juniper stop talking, Jess's eyes had shifted back over to Varexes' seemingly resting appearance, the dark chocolate orbs that allowed her the sight she entailed carrying a heavy dose of concern and puzzlement for her friend. Ever since he woke up after... after Lanli had passed away he seemed to be more exhausted than ever before. Perhaps he wasn't supposed to officially wake up then? Feeling an oncoming headache approaching around her temples she decided to voice the current thoughts she had nagging at her conscience.

"Guys? Remember when he fell unconscious after the explosion back with the bandits? Do you think it's possible that he wasn't necessarily supposed to have woken up from it? He did endure a lot and pushed his body passed its limit, strained himself so much that he needed the rest he never got. And today, after fighting with Adder, he probably wasn't completely healed from that incident so, maybe, the reason why he hasn't woken up could be from the fact that he can finally get the rest he needed from before." Closing her mouth as the silence stretched on, embarrassed and worried that the others would think her point was silly, she let out a small nervous chuckle.

"Of course, it's really only a theory..."

((Sorry about my late post. I've been busy with my assassinations. Plus I was waiting to post.))

Ruineth felt her throat fight against her words, unwilling to obey. What did Jess mean? Was he just asleep, then? She shifted in her spot, still afraid to get any closer. He did seem fine. And if Juniper had healed him, there should be no doubt. But she had little experience in that area. If something was breathing, it was perfectly fine in her mind. The only problem was their progress. They'd either have to wait for him to wake up or drag him along. There had to be some way to wake him up safely. But if they did, he wouldn't have his rest. How would he fight?

Ruineth shook her head. They would figure it out. For now, her attention had wandered to the elf who was dead, without a doubt. She slowly shifted her gaze to his still form. Would they just leave him to decay here, then? She wouldn't feel comfortable burying him among the soldiers. She had half a mind to drag him into the woods and give him a dog's burial. She would have done it if he wasn't so heavy. Damn armor.

Juniper lifted her head slowly from her lap, looking at Jess when she finished talking. It was hard to think with her headache pounding against her skull, but her snarkieness didn't require too much brain juice. It was almost second nature. "Or maybe he's just jealous that i'm the one passed out all the time." she suggested. "Does it really matter why? We already know what the problem is. It's the solution we are looking for."

Jess was taken aback by the response she got from Juniper but held her tongue. Didn't I just say the solution? He needs his damn rest... She thought to herself as she looked back down at Varexes' still form, a sigh working its way past her lips. It seemed as if no matter what she was still deemed to be quite useless.

"Your right... it was only a silly theory though." Jess mumbled over to Juniper as she slowly got up from her crouched position on the ground, walking over to where Ruineth was at. No quite sure what to really do she took another glance back over to Adder, then to Faye, before finally deciding to just close her eyes. While they were there she might as well try and take the time to collect all of her scattered thoughts.

Just as Faye parted her lips to agree with Jess's theory, Juniper spoke up first. Her head turned away from Jess as she looked in the direction of the healer, startled by her snarky comments. After hesitating a moment due to mere bewilderment, her eyes narrowed as they grew slightly colder.

"It wasn't a silly theory," Faye interjected with a dull tone of voice, keeping her eyes focused on Juniper. "She's right. You may have healed his external wounds but the boy simply needs rest."

Despite such, Faye honestly didn't feel like resting out here. She wanted to search for a safer location to settle down, rather than sit in an open field surrounded by an eerie forest where numerous enemies were bound to be lurking. Although, at the same time it would also be a bit dangerous to head through the woods with one of their most valuable members unconscious. Either way it would be less than safe, but Faye held belief that it was better to head off for a new destination than to rest in this field any longer. Plus, there seemed to be less enemies wandering at this time of day, so it's best they headed off now than wait until night.

"We should set off now in search of a new location to settle for a bit. I don't think we should stay here any longer. Hopefully these woods end somewhere soon." Her words were strict and orderly, and as she spoke she used all her strength to lift Varexes up onto her back. She struggled for a second or two, considering his body weight was much heavier now that he was unconscious, but she managed to get him onto her back.

"I'll carry him for now. If I get too exhausted later and he still hasn't awoken, or in case of emergency, I'll pass him over to you, Jess," she called, moving her pupils in the direction of the shapeshifter who was standing nearby. "I can carry him for now though," she repeated once more, heading off past the columns of metal plates. Her bow was still on her back as well, so it was a bit uncomfortable but it was sturdy enough not to break under the weight of Varexes's body.

"Let's get going," she instructed, not giving the others any time to object to her decision as she continued to make her way out of the forest. We'll find a nice place to settle down, she thought to herself, clutching onto Varexes's arms around her neck.

Juniper stood up on her feet defensively. "I never said it was silly." She put her hands on her hips watching Faye suddenly lift Varexes onto her shoulder. "What are you doing?" she asked concerned she was going to drop him and make things worse, but she was already walking away. She picked up her satchel slinging it over her shoulder before retrieving Varexes' bow from the ground and holding it by her side before racing to catch up. She wasn't too fond of someone else carrying Varexes, but she wasn't sure she had the strength to do it herself, so she let it go. She remained toward the back trying to keep her eyes on Varexes, but kept getting distracted by the pain in her head that only seemed to be getting worse.

Varexes-

Within my dark slumber, I felt my body being shifted around against my will. It was a subtle feeling that penetrated into the deepest recesses of my subconscious, causing my mind to stir into awakening. Within moments I felt myself bouncing around softly with a sharp pain in my stomach. I thought that it had something to do with Juniper's healing before realizing it was a surface pain, rather than a deep boiling and knew something was poking me. As I awakened I cracked my eyes at my surroundings and realized there was a head of hair directly in front of my face. Someone was carrying me.

I fought the urge to stretch, yawn, and move my head, instead focusing on figuring out how to break the grip of whoever it was. Someone was carrying me, and that meant I was at their mercy. I couldn't let that happen. I had to find my way back to Faye and Juniper and Jess so we could finish the Quest together.

As my mind awakened as fully as it could without a stretch, I used what strength I had in my arms to hike myself up onto the persons upper-back, then fell backwards, pulling down with my arms as well as my body and gravity in order to throw the person off balance and make them drop me.

Juniper lifted her head from her hands. She blinked looking at Varexes, seeing an opportunity and this time she was ready to take it. She dropped his bow on the ground and raced over to his side, bending down on one knee next to him, which might have come across as concern at first. She looked him over quickly then snatched for the blade at his side, pulling it quickly from it's sheath. She gripped the handle of the sharp blade as she pushed herself to her feet keeping the blade pointed at Varexes chest. Her green eyes locked on his. "Don't move!" she screamed at the fallen elf. She gritted her teeth in a hiss. She lifted her head speaking to the rest of the ground this time. "You shouldn't be here!" she yelled at them. "I want you gone. All of you! Leave now and maybe, it will only be this one that bleeds out." She gripped the blade tighter waiting for the elves reactions.

Varexes-

I landed hard on the ground, only to feel someone rush over to me and draw my dagger from its sheath and point it at my chest, screaming at everyone to leave. As I caught my breath from the fall, I saw it was Juniper who was threatening me.

Blinking fast, I spoke, "Juni..? What're you doing..?"

I instantly kicked Faye firmly so that she would roll away, knowing she would be able to gain her feet. I held up both of my hands, bunching my arms up in front of my chest and maneuvered so I was partially on my side and my arms and hands covered my vitals.

What the hell is going on?!

(Meh... I don't know what to say to that ._.)

Jess was stunned, shocked beyond belief. Actually, those were quite major understatements. As she watched the scene play out before her very eyes she couldn't find any words that could decipher her own feelings. She didn't know what she could possibly do but, in case there would be a fight coming up, she shifted into her wolf form as it would be her best bet at a chance of winning. Letting a low whine escape pass her closed muzzle she made sure she was as alert as could be, taking the time to glance at everyone before looking back over at Juniper and Varexes.

Jess took the time to assess the situation, or at least assess it as best as she could while still reeling from her shock and the adrenaline that was pumping throughout her veins. Once her milky chocolate brown eyes finally landed upon the knife once more she fought to keep from looking away, knowing that if she did then the weapon could indeed cause some serious problems.

Of course I would know how much damage such a small tool can cause.
She thought to herself, a shiver of fear and terror slicing its way down her spine as she thought of the incident that led her to running away from Fayland and out into the unknown. The incident that resulted in the many scars and marks that littered and marred her skin, resulted in the parents that she held dear to her heart being taken away in what felt like the blink of an eye.

No, you can't think about anything of that sort right now. If you even lose focus for a split second something awful could happen. Keep your attention back to the task at hand.

And that is exactly what Jess did. She boxed up the unwanted thoughts and placed them in the back of her mind to let more important thoughts of what she could possible do to help fill the empty space instead.

Ruineth was beginning to rethink her decision to return. It wasn't long since she'd come back, and already they'd been attacked by a madman. But this? As everything played out, she'd done well to stay out of it. But now things were changing. She almost immediately followed Juniper's orders, taking a few steps towards the woods. But she soon decided against it. She knew the only reason for leaving would be her own fear. Instead, she stayed by Jess. She was glad the elf had moved towards her earlier. If something happened, Ruineth's dagger wouldn't protect against anything. At least not with her skill. Considering everyone's positions, being closer to Jess seemed to be her safest option.

She was extremely confused by Juniper, but the elf had always scared her. She wanted to say something, but it wasn't easy to muster up her courage. "I share in Varexes's confusion." She managed, "What are you doing?"

Varexes-

I looked over at Ruineth and Jess, now in wolf form, and my eyes widened. They might get hurt too... Juniper might not be much of a fighter... but who knows. If she's been hiding some sort of traitorous side to her, who knows if she's hiding combat abilities too...

I turned my head towards them and shouted, "Get out! Go away, now! I'll be fine!" My voice wavered, betraying my fear and my uncertainty that I was wrong and wouldn't be fine.

The boiling in my stomach was growing as my fear and stress levels did as well, causing me to place one hand on it protectively and bunch up a small amount of clothing within my fist in order to try to keep the pain under control.

My face contorted slightly as I breathed a little heavier, still holding up one hand to ward away Juniper, who was holding my dagger. "What are you doing Juniper?!" I asked again through gritted teeth, wishing that everyone else would go away so they wouldn't get hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back